HP: The Marauder's Era

Started by mindlessmenage, December 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindlessmenage

This went really well on the other site I used to RP on, until the site died down  :-( So I figured I'd try it here. I'm very lenient when it comes to everything being exactly like the book, so if there's a character you think might have graduated feel free to include them. I'm more about having fun.

This RP would take place during the Marauder's 7th year, I believe that would be 1978. The students had much more on their minds than what their job would be after (and if) they graduated. For some, it was the anticipation of joining the war to defeat Voldemort, for others they were getting ready to join him.

That's a loose description, I'd put more detail in of course if people are actually interested. Here's a list of characters involved, if you know of another one you'd like to add go for it, and original characters are always welcome.

The only rule I really have is that there's no pre-determined romance (besides James and Lily of course). I much prefer to see that kind of relationships grow naturally, it's more realistic. However being related to a character, or having a history with a character is fine.

James Potter-
Remus Lupin- (reserved by me)
Sirius Black- Minerva7790
Peter Pettigrew-
Lily Evans- Azrael
Severus Snape- WittyShrew
Bellatrix Black- LimitlessNikkie
Narcissa Black-
Lucius Malfoy-
Rodolphus Lestrange-
Rabastan Lestrange-
Bartemius Crouch Jr.- Revenent
Regulus Black- WittyShrew

Original Characters
Remedios (Remedy/Remy) Lestrange- (also me)
Gryna Lox- WerewolfofLondon
Aries Maynard- Kendra
Symphony Everstone- Alysanthia

I'll have a bio sheet when/if there's interest.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

minerva7790

I'm interested! And I call dibs on Sirius Black!

Just want to ask, what kind of RP are you looking for? Light? Homosexual romances allowed?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

mindlessmenage

I'm personally open for anything. It would depend on what everyone who joined is comfortable with. I'll definitely add a never section on the bio and we can discuss it. Sirius is all yours.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

BlueEyedBard

Hello, I might be interested in joining as an original character, if that would be fine.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Revenent

I love the HP series, so I might be interested in this. Would it be alright if I played Barty Crouch? I may also think of an original character to use, but I'll save that for later.

WittyShrew

mindlessmenage

@Revenent - yup Barty is all yours

@WittyShrew -  :o I can't believe I forgot RAB !!
- Barbara Bush

WittyShrew

I'd be interested in playing Reg if that's cool. :I

Revenent

Sweet! Barty is all kinds of awesome, and not just because he was played by David Tennant. ;D

So will there be any sort of focused plot to this RP, or will it be based mostly around character interactions as the year goes on? Also, are we to just assume all of these characters are seventh-years despite their canonical age differences?

Cythieus

This is interesting, if it gets off the ground I would like to play Lily :)

BlueEyedBard

Do you havw a layout for a character sheet yet? It might attract more people if they see some characters.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Revenent

mindlessmenage

Yup, just got to my computer. I was on my phone before which makes it difficult to reply. I'm going to have a basic plot, I like to see what you guys have for ideas too as it goes on. It's mostly about the tension rising the closer they are to entering the real world and the beginning of the First Wizarding War. Their involvement in The Order of the Pheonix and becoming Death Eaters will start while they're still in school. They can be younger than Seventh Year if you'd like, it's up to you. I wouldn't recommend older just because it will take part mostly at Hogwarts at first.

I'm writing everything now. It's all chaos in my head so I'm trying to make it organized chaos.
- Barbara Bush

Revenent

Alright, cool. Even though he should be a year or two under the Marauders, I'll probably just make Barty a seventh year since I planned to write him as greatly anticipating his chance to become a Death Eater. I asked mostly out of concern for the Black and the...other Blacks, since Sirius and Regulus and Bella and Narcissa would all basically have to be twins for that to work.

mindlessmenage

Well if no one plays them it shouldn't be a problem. They could always be 9-months apart thought and still be in the same year. Unlikely but possible.
- Barbara Bush

mindlessmenage

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History (be as detailed as possible:
Sexuality:
Nevers:
Other:

Name: Remedios (Remedy/Remy) Lestrange
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Remedy is the "white" sheep of her family. The majority of the Lestranges are tall, lean and have dark features. Remedy stands five foot, six inches, her body was blessed with womanly curves, and her hair is as far from dark as you can get. Her deep, ocean blue eyes and angelic smile are enough to make anyone's jaw drop when they hear her last name. The rest of the family are more into scowling.

Personality: Remedy grew up as any Pureblood would, though it's her heart that sets her apart from the rest of her family. She's extremely nuturing, and loves putting other people before her however she isn't one to let you take advantage of her. Her heart might be soft but her head is hard; she's stubborn and isn't afraid to voice her opinion. Positivity is what she strives for, and though it may be her greatest weakness, she always sees the best in people. Remedy loves to cheer on the underdog and defend those who are too frightened to stand up for themselves. She has aquired an incredibley thick skin since she's been at Hogwarts. She had to deal with Slytherin persecuting her for being a traitor and Gryffindor alienating her because of her last name. She's made it to her seventh year and though she's still a target for Slytherin, she's finally proved to her fellow housemates that she belongs there.
History: Remedy spent her childhood being a well-mannered, "speak-when-spoken-to", perfect pureblood daughter. She grew up with the Blacks, Malfoys, Crouchs, etc., attending the many functions the Upper Class held. She got along well with everyone, besides Sirius who hated all the other children. It wasn't until an incident just before her first-year at Hogwarts that everything changed.
It was a bitter cold night that seemed empty and lonely. The wind was screaming outside, and a scared, young Remedy snuck downstairs to be with the only person in her house that showed her any affection, the family house elf Doc. Just as she reached the bottom of the steps, she heard glass smashing and saw a blinding light coming from the library. Letting her curiosity get the better of her, she crawled through a small door in the wall meant for Doc and made her way to the library. From inside a cuboard she could hear her mother crying and a man yelling that wasn't her father. She peaked through a crack and saw her mother slumped over on the floor while a cloaked figure towered over her. Her father was standing back a few feet, watching the scene unfold with an expressionless face. The cloaked figure muttered something Remedy couldn't understand and her mother began to scream in pain. Before Remedy could burst out of the cuboard she felt herself being restrained by an invisible force. When she tried to yell it was like her voice had just disappeared. She turned around knowingly and scooped up the tiny Doc in her arms, crying hysterically. She listened as her mother's screaming stopped. When she looked through the crack again, she saw her mother was now standing with her eyes crossed and drool trickling down the side of her mouth.
After that night, she never saw the cloaked man again. Her mother was taken to St. Mungo's, the pain she indured that night so great it drove her completely mad. Her father was sent to Azkaban, confessing to the crime, though he did not commit it. The children moved in with their father's sister, Hestea, a woman who defined the word evil. It was after being accepted into Gryffindor that Remedy's aunt began to torture her. It started off mild, and only in placed that wouldn't show. As Remedy grew, Hestea became madly jealous of her beauty. The torture increased, leaving scars in places nearly impossible to hide like her arms and face. When one spell cut Remedy's throat and almost took her life, she moved into her mother's sister Gwendolyn's house.
Though Gwendolyn is also a pureblood, she isn't as extreme. She also hates Remedy's father for what he did to her sister. Gwendolyn and Remedy don't talk much, though there have been a few times when Gwendolyn has been drunk that she starts talking to Remedy about her mother and her mother's "secret". Her aunt usually passes out before revealing what she means so Remedy doesn't think much into it.
Sexuality: bisexual
Nevers: anything against the rules, scat, watersports

Other: Remedy keeps her secret by using glamour charms and special make-up, so no one knows about her scars. She looks up to Remus for not hiding his. She is very comfortable around him and considers him a close friend. As for the other Marauders, they have a lot of growing up to do.

Name: Remus Lupin
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Though Remus is only 17, the scars and premature lines on his face make him seem older. He is tall, and though he is on the lean side he is still muscular mostly due to his condition. His hair is dirty blonde and shaggy, and his eyes are a pale blue.

Personality: Remus is intelligent, calm, tolerant, gentle, and good-natured, though he has been burdened with lycanthropy. He has a forgiving nature, and a great sense of humor that sometimes gets him into trouble, though he is concidered the mature one of the group. When it's Remus' "time of the month" he tends to be a little more irrate and is prone to moodswings. Remus is extremely loyal and courageous, though humble more than anything.
History:  "To secure his safety as well as that of his peers, a shack with no natural entrances was built outside of Hogsmeade. There was only a secret passage leading to it from under the Whomping Willow, on Hogwarts' grounds. Once a month, Remus would be brought to the structure for his transformations in order to prevent him from attacking other students. However, this isolation caused him to attack himself out of frustration. This and the painful monthly transformations made the villagers of Hogsmeade mistake his screams for that of violent ghosts. Thus, the building was dubbed the Shrieking Shack and attained the reputation for being the most haunted building in Britain. Dumbledore encouraged this rumour to keep people from investigating the noises.
Remus became the very best of friends with fellow Gryffindors James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. He kept his status as a werewolf a secret from all of the students at Hogwarts, including James, Sirius, and Peter, and made up stories to explain his monthly disappearances, such as that his mother was ill and he needed to go home to visit her. He was terrified that they would desert him once they found out what he truly was. However, James, Sirius, and Peter worked out the truth during their second year, and due to their acceptance of who Remus was, and their unusually strong friendship with him, they decided to learn how to become Animagi in order to keep Remus company during his transformations, as a werewolf is only a danger to humans. By their fifth year, James was able to become a stag, Sirius was able to become a dog, and Peter was able to become a rat. Once a month during the full moon, James, Sirius, and Peter would sneak out of the castle under James's Invisibility Cloak, transform, get into the Whomping Willow, walk down the tunnel, and meet up with Remus in the Shrieking Shack. Under their influence, Remus became less dangerous; his body was still wolfish, but his mind became less so when he was with them. The four of them soon left the Whomping Willow and would roam among the school grounds and Hogsmeade by night. The animals that James and Sirius transformed into were so large, that they were successful in keeping the wolfish Remus in check. Eventually, this group of friends came to call themselves the Marauders, and Remus' friends nicknamed him "Moony" because of his transformations during every full moon.
No other Hogwarts student has ever found out as much about the Hogwarts grounds and Hogsmeade as they did, and James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter used their knowledge of it to write the Marauder's Map and signed it with their nicknames.
However, Remus' frequent disappearances riled up an unhealthy curiosity in Severus Snape, a Slytherin student in the same year as Remus, who shared an enmity with James and Sirius, and hated Remus and Peter by association. Severus often followed James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter around in order to see what they were up to and in an effort to get all of them expelled. In their sixth year, Sirius played a malicious prank on Snape by telling him about the Whomping Willow passageway, hoping that he would be terrified or even get seriously hurt by what he found at the other end. James was able to stop Snape and save his life in the nick of time, but Snape still uncovered Remus' secret. Dumbledore subsequently swore Snape to secrecy, but Snape teased Remus cruelly from that point on." [Taken from harrypotter.wikia.com]
Sexuality: Straight
Nevers: Same, no rule breaking, scat, watersports

Other:
- Barbara Bush

Cythieus

I will have to think about what I want to do with Lily, but I have some good ideas about her character I think.

Revenent

Name: Bartemius Crouch Jr.
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Barty has the outward appearance of being skinny and boyish, but is actually lean and toned under the robes. This is probably owed to how vigilantly he's played for the Slytherin Quidditch team for most of his school career, though recently he's been spending more time practicing dueling for his "post-graduation plans." Due to his family's wealth, Barty is almost always extremely well-dressed and well-groomed.

Personality: A prime example of a Pureblood Slytherin, Barty despises muggle-borns and mixed-blood wizards and witches. He highly values the Death Eater belief that the world should belong only to magical folk and that muggles and those with muggle blood should be wiped out. Being generally fearless (at least until he has to face the consequences), Barty has no problem sharing his beliefs with anyone within earshot, especially those who fall into the Mudblood category. On top of this, Barty has great pride in his family name (but not his father's), mostly because it's his and he is extremely conceited. Lastly, he is quite aggressive and can be found challenging Gryffindors to duels at every turn.
History: Barty was born to the extremely influential Crouch family in the early sixties, being distantly related by marriage to several of his classmates, most notably the Blacks. The young wizard grew up being pampered by his mother and constantly tended to the family's house elf, Winky, who was extremely devoted to helping raise the boy. Barty had almost everything he wanted during his early childhood except for a prominent father figure; the boy's father, Bartemius Crouch Sr., was almost constantly working as the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic. As the First Wizarding War raged on and the man tried to seal his future career as the Minister of Magic, the senior Bartemius completely neglected his son in a way that was sure to affect him later in life.
Having known nothing but his own privileged family life before arriving at Hogwarts in 1972, Barty was quickly taken in by the Slytherins and made to believe the Pureblood way of life was the only one worth following. He had heard the tenets of Voldemort's Pureblood utopia spoken by his father before, but coming from the mouths of older Slytherins who took him under their wings, it all made so much sense to the young wizard and he became an ardent believer before too long. Barty swore to himself that he would become better than all other wizards in his class and prove to the muggle-borns the superiority of his kind.
Fast-forward several years and the junior Crouch has become one of the most prominent members of his house. Having become a Chaser on the Slytherin Quidditch team during his second year, he helped the team achieve many of its greatest victories. He was usually only matched by Gryffindor house's own overconfident Chaser, James Potter. Besides his achievements in sports, Barty also made an academic name for himself by exceeding expectations in almost all of his courses (except Muggle Studies) and even achieving twelve O.W.L.s in his fifth year (Muggle Studies was not one of them).
Recently, Barty, being probably the student most eager to serve under Lord Voldemort after graduation, has started a dueling club and invited several of his Pureblooded Slytherin cohorts to come train with him. Among those invited were the Blacks (including Sirius and Remedios, both of whom's thinking he wants to "correct"), the Lestranges, Lucius Malfoy, and Severus Snape, the last of whom he believes could be very useful if he were convinced to share some of the spells he created. Barty knows most of them will be at war before the year is out, and he, for one, will not let himself be a disappointment to the Dark Lord.
Best School Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Worst School Subject: Take a guess.
Patronus: King Cobra
Boggart: a Dementor (although he's only heard about them from his father, so it comes out a little vague)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Nevers: Pretty much anything to extreme, like blood, scat, urine, etc.

Other: Truthfully wants to get Sirius and/or Remedios over to his side so he can get his hands on whatever tools the Marauders have that allow them to run the school as they do.

How's that? :-)

Alysanthia

This does sound very interesting I've always loved the Marauder's Era... Original characters are allowed correct? :)

mindlessmenage

@Revenent- It's perfect! Very detailed and interesting, I can tell he'll contribute a lot to the plot.

@Alysanthia- Original characters are welcomed with open arms.
- Barbara Bush

Alysanthia

I'll try and have a character up by tomorrow. ^_^

LimitlessNikkie

ooh funness. Total dibs on Bellatrix Black will post a bio later tonight.

Kendra

I know I shouldn't show any interest but it can't be helped lol
I love HP and the marauders  >:)
character I would have liked has been taken so will create an original and post it up either today or tomorrow :)