Wrath of the Righteous (Closed)

Started by Dakkon, April 02, 2015, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 06, 2015, 02:30:28 AM
You had a hard enough time finding a picture for Ryssa and no one ever plays gnomes :p
I play gnomes! Gnomes are the best race.  ;D

I just dont do it on Elli. Theres always that little voice in the back of my head that someone is going to assume I'm trying to be... creepy, and it might cause unnecessary drama.

Bibliophilia

I can totally understand that, Darkling.  I used to play a short kinfolk in a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game, she was like 4'5"?  Something like that.  Anyway, there was this crazy woman who joined the game and her character flipped it's shit over the fact that my short, not-at-all child-like, character was mated with someone.  She kept trying to act like it was somehow dirty, just because I was playing a character that was kind of short.  -rolls eyes.- 

I wouldn't have thought anything of the player, except she was this total slut-shaming, uptight, insane chick OOC, too, so it didn't feel like the character was just weird, but that she was using the character to express her own bizarre bullshit.

ChaoticSky

Heh, never run into one of those types myself thankfully *makes the Elder Sign*. But I have had people who get put off when my gnomes make gooey eyes at romancable NPCs and such, so isnt hard to follow the logic to erotic games. Argo i avoid it.

That said if anyone else wants to play a Gnome, I for one will not discriminate.  ;)

eBadger

How odd, never run into any gnomes as pedo mentality before.  Or I was oblivious, I guess.  Well, running a gnome in another game if it gets going, so will see the reaction there. 

Morganatic

Quote from: Blinkin on April 05, 2015, 06:22:24 AM
I suppose that being hit by the same escaped demon would count as a connection? I didn't specify what demon, so if anyone wants to try to work out a connection with Lydia, I'm happy to do so. Perhaps they crossed paths at some point, compare notes and "Hey! It's the same guy!" sort of thing? Shared experiences bring them together? I'm open to suggestions and offerings. PM me!

The character as a whole wouldn't have crossed paths with Lydia, but I suppose it's possible that Breaker-of-Chains (the Eidolon, not the PC) might have encountered the demon at some point (demons themselves are immortal in PF, right, or at least around for a while?), so there's some possibilities for a connection there. I suppose it'd fit quite well into the whole dynamic of 'big forces over our (the PCs) heads, and we're stuck in the middle/victims of their plans' thing - Erakasyne drafted onto one outsider's side, and Lydia being attacked by another, might give 'em something in common. What kind of demon were you looking at?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: eBadger on April 06, 2015, 09:33:13 AM
How odd, never run into any gnomes as pedo mentality before.  Or I was oblivious, I guess.  Well, running a gnome in another game if it gets going, so will see the reaction there.

Ditto. Halflings I can sort of understand in a warped way, since they are described sometimes as looking like human children. But gnomes, at best, look like little people.

ChaoticSky

I never said it made sense, just that I have run into it before and decided that it was simpler to not rock the boat and risk offending someone when doing RPs here on E.

Like Bibli's example. Some people are overly sensitive/werid.

But this seems like a fine bunch of people. Maybe ill make my other character offering a gnome.

Blinkin

Quote from: Morganatic on April 06, 2015, 02:03:50 PM
The character as a whole wouldn't have crossed paths with Lydia, but I suppose it's possible that Breaker-of-Chains (the Eidolon, not the PC) might have encountered the demon at some point (demons themselves are immortal in PF, right, or at least around for a while?), so there's some possibilities for a connection there. I suppose it'd fit quite well into the whole dynamic of 'big forces over our (the PCs) heads, and we're stuck in the middle/victims of their plans' thing - Erakasyne drafted onto one outsider's side, and Lydia being attacked by another, might give 'em something in common. What kind of demon were you looking at?

To be honest, I've never considered a specific type or kind of demon. Just a generic demon was implied mainly because Lydia wouldn't of known one kind from another one at the time  and was probably too tramatized to consider it.  My idea was "It was big, black with horns, big pointy teeth and smelled like rotten eggs.... oh, and it had claws... did I mention the claws?"

Hell, I've never payed much attention to what kind of demons appear in a game because I rarely have the material to go looking it up. It's a demon... Kill it! lol

As best as I can recall, the trait, nor AP information never mentioned that a demon escaping the wards ran out and back in again, so it could of been out roaming the world for decades or more.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ChaoticSky

A wild character sheet appears! Still need to finish the bio

Name: Sarah Avorn
Bio
History: Shattered Life

Sarenrae's Burning Hand Monestary - Near the boundaries of the Worldwound

Sarah opened her eyes to darkness... much like the dreamless sleep she had awoken from. You would think that after everything that happened to her, she would have nightmares, or at leased not be able to sleep. Even now she could feel the press of unknown flesh against her own (and what did it say about her that it didnt even bother her anymore?) though it was oddly cool... She blinked; the bodies against her's were cold and clammy, they didn't move... not even to breathe, and weighed down on her, and while she ached... she didn't think she had been used in a while. She raised her arms and pushed as much as she could. What she felt were... limbs, bodies, more than one, and none made so much as a sound, not even as she shoved them around. Panic and vague horror pierced her detached state as her subconscious realized something her conscious mind absolutely refused to accept.

The young monk flailed blindly, kicking and shoving in wild, silent panic, eventually dislodging enough bodies to open a hole to the sky above... or what was left of it, and dragged herself free of the pile of... corpses. She couldnt help turn her gaze back the mass shed just crawled out of, one part of her noting how the top-most layer of bodies was badly burned, while the ones underneath were less and less so, that must be how she survived... While another part of her brain distantly noted the identities of  the people there, even the badly burned ones she could tell, they had been after all, her family, both by blood and by bond. Most had been desecrated, their flesh carved up into profane sigils, eyes and tongues cut away... Bile abruptly rose in her throat, and Sarah turned, falling to her knees as she vomited up her last 'meal'. Not that the thick liquid that splattered over the stones, stained yellow by her stomach's humour, had ever been food.

Shakily rising back to her feet, the young monk looked around for the first time, she was in the monastery’s courtyard, once a wide open expanse where they had raised crops and trained, it had been turned into a battle ground, then a demonic funhouse... and now it was abandoned, nothing but bodies, refuse and the occasional bit of scrap. The monastery gates, smashed open and barely dangling from their hinges, stood on the far end, while nearer at hand, the gates to the inner-keep were similarly smashed.

Admittedly, she herself wasnt in any better condition ('Gates smashed!' A voice laughed hysterically somewhere in the back of her mind), her robe hung about her body in soiled tatters,  mostly ripped away below the waist, and at the front, and the back was shredded by sharp, gripping claws... but somehow it stayed together as a piece of clothing, just enough frayed threads to keep it in one piece. It was worse than being naked, but at the same time, she couldnt bring herself to take it off. Her thigh length hair was... soiled, what wasnt matted together by the dried fluids of her tormentors, or stained by ash and dirt, hung in thick greasy ropes from her skull. At least they hadn't cut it. Her body was... caked in the evidence of her suffering, she could feel the dried patches between her legs and ass, on her stomach, chest, back and face, she could feel them crinkle every time she moved. Worse, she could feel it within her, feel it shift when she stood up, and already fluid that was anything but her own was gently oozing from her.. broken gate. Her jaw hurt, everything ached, and what didnt ache was sore, her mind was flowing like syrup.

They had been in many ways, simple folk. Sarah, for her part, had been born to the monastery, her parents had been monks, and their parents before them. But there were many others, some came seeking to turn over a new leaf, others came seeking enlightenment, some came seeking strength. Sometimes people who followed the Goddess in other ways would come, seeking to expand their understanding. They woke at dawn to greet the sun, meditated in the early morning rays, ate breakfast, then studied musty scrolls of theology and philosophy. Afterwards they would eat lunch, then train and work the fields until the sun set, eat a twilit dinner, bathe in the hot spring, and  finally retire for the night. Then do it all again the next day. A disconnected thought flitted through her mind as she looked up at the setting sun. Tonight I will be bathing alone....

The sickly-sweet scent of rot caught her nose and the young monk would have thrown up again if there had been anything left to lose. The comfort of ritual pierced the haze of her mind, someone had to prepare the bodies, and there was no one left but her. Glassy-eyed, she fired up the kiln the monastery used for cremations, collected the nearest body, composed it the best she could and then tossed it into the fire. There were prayers to say, and ritual to follow, but young Sarah did not know them, she hoped the cremation would be enough. Body after body went into the furnace; Mother, Father, Master, Brother, Friend, Teacher, and more... so many more. Before long they all began to blurr together.. none were whole, every body had been desecrated by the demonic invaders, their faces carved, or missing, or any number of other things.... the denizens of the abyss lacked not for creativity and never again would Sarah be able to picture those she loved whole and hale.

She worked long into the night and when her grisly task was done, the young monk shambled over to the open-air cave that the hotspring waters collected in, and sat quiet and alone in a place that had once been so full of laughter and life. She scrubbed away the filth that she had been covered in, then the ash from the furnace that had covered that.... then kept scrubbing until the waters around her were pink and her flesh was raw and sore.

Sarah didnt remember returning to her room, but she awoke with the dawn, on her cot, wearing fresh clothing... not hers, it was sized too big, but looking around her sacked and half-burned room, she was not surprised that none of her own robes had survived. Out of habit, if nothing else she headed for the chaple, through the shattered inner doors, deep into the heart of the Monastery.... and found the doors sealed. Confusion curled in her gut, why would the doors still be closed? She reached out and felt power flicker under her fingers, but it did not stop her, and she pushed... the doors creaked loudly in the silent monastery, revealing the shrine within.

It was... pristine. The demons had been warded away somehow and not a single thing was askew. The sitting cushions still ringed out from the shrine, the solid gold statuette of Sarenrae still stood on the white stone altar, there was even a brazier with slow-burning incense smoking off to the side. Sarah, shocked by the untouched state of this most holy of places, stepped quietly past her usual spot and slowly lowered herself onto the front-most cushion, right in front of the shrine. She sat there for a long time, not praying, not thinking, just... sitting there.

It finally hit her then, the loss and the grief and the survivor's guilt and everything else. The young monk seemed to collapse in on herself, crumpling up and falling forward until her forehead touched the floor. There she cried until tears would no longer come, her pain filled  howls echoing in the silence. But in her grief, something else was born, and Sarah's eyes snapped up to the golden statuette as she pushed herself up off the floor, “Why?” she asked, and when no answer seemed forthcoming, she asked again, volume rising; “Why!?”. If this place could be kept safe, then obviously her family and everyone else could have been safe too. Surely a being as powerful as Sarenrae was enough to handle a band of middling demons, if she was so good, why wouldnt she have stood by and watched them all die? A servant, a sign, intervention, allies, anything. But she had done nothing. Sarah reeled inside and out at the revelation, she felt sick, and vaguely realized she was still yelling, vision blurring with fresh tears, she lashed out.

Saying she 'woke up' wouldn't be correct, she had been fully conscious the whole time, rather she returned to find the shrine completely wrecked. The pillows had been shredded, the alter knocked over, the coverings on the walls were smouldering and embers of perfumed wood were scattered liberally across the floor. The idol  was on the floor, streaked with blood, it had been buckled, its wings bent, it had been beaten against the stone until it was almost unrecognisable. Sarah stood there for a moment her hands were cut and beginning to swell around broken bones, the corner of her lips twitched, and then she turned away...

A Chance Encounter
She walked out. Out of her faith, out of the shrine, out of the monastery, out into the hills that surrounded it. She kept walking, barely noticing as she passed the boundary of the Worldwound, she kept walking until she passed out from thirst and hunger, having not eaten anything in days and thrown up what they had fed her.

By all rights, that should have been the end of her, but a chance encounter saved her life. She was discovered by a woman, a ranger of some sort, the woman fed and watered her and helped guide her away from the roaming demons. When that failed, she slew them with a bow and arrow.

In time the woman guided her to a boarder patrol, Templars from Mendev, and vanished moments before they arrived. She was brought back to the city, healed and relayed the destruction of the Monastery to the  local church of Sarenrae, they offered her a place to stay of course, but Sarah turned them down. Never again would she put her faith in the gods, she would make her own way, stand on her own two feet. She continued her training, stripped of the philosophical and religions elements, raw physic training. She trained as hard as her body could take, and on the few occasions she had extra money, would train even beyond that and pay for healing after. She found work, there were surprisingly many opportunities for a girl with a comely face, strong arms and few scruples in Kenebras.

Though Sarah cleaves firmly away from religion, she recalls and idolizes the mysterious woman that saved her. She held a vigil for almost a year, hoping to see her saviour again, but the woman never turned up in Kenebras, nor had she ever found any creditable individuals who claimed to know her. This has lead the young monk to conclude that the woman must live (or lived) in the Worldwound, waging a one-woman campaign against demonkind. Such a life appeals to Sarah's notions of duty and vengeance, and she prepares for the day when she will make her own way into that realm and wage her own war... and maybe meet her hero once more.

Stolen Fury

And paused, as a memory of the torments she suffered at the hands of the demons bubbling to the surface. The fiends dancing around her; mocking, writhing, touching. Sarah shuddered. It had seemed random at the time, and she had been long gone by then, but now... for some reason she couldnt shake the feeling that there was something more to it. Thinking back it felt almost... ritualistic.

It would be so easy to write it off as random acts of debased desires and cruelty, but no, the more she thought about it the more she felt that there must have been some... purpose to their acts. She had been wall taught, she knew full well that it was a mistake to underestimate the intelligence and cunning of Demons. Perhaps her survival had not been as coincidental as it had seemed. The thought infuriated her, why had she been chosen to live and suffer? The twist to her lips grew into a big smile, and not a nice one; Whatever their purpose, it had clearly failed, and she would make them pay for that mistake one day.

Then she walked out. Out of her faith, out of the shrine, out of the monastery, out into the hills that surrounded it. Secure in her sense of purpose she headed towards Kenebras, the city of crusades, for she could think of no better place to begin her training anew. She revised her training, stripping out the philosophical and religions elements, boiling it down to raw physic training. She trained as hard as her body could take, and on the few occasions she had extra money, would train even beyond that and pay for healing after. She found work, there were surprisingly many opportunities for a girl with a comely face, strong arms and few scruples in Kenebras.

Nightmares have been her constant companion since that day, sometimes going away for weeks, just long enough to start to hope they might be gone for good only to return with a vengeance, often wracking her for several days in a row. As punishing her for daring to hope for freedom, and over the years, Sarah has long since accepted that she will never be rid of them, and instead seeks a purpose in them. Dreaming of being ravished by demons constantly as endured her to the memories, and each time she wakes up in a hot sweat, she reclaims alittle more of her lost time. One day she hopes to figure out what the purpose of the ritual was supposed to be, and perhaps find a clue leading to the being ultimately responsible for it.

In the meantime, she will settle for killing as many demons as she can.

Creed: A New Way

Years later, another event would come to shape her life almost as much as her experiences at the hands of demons. A chance encounter with a warrior woman named Valeri, who made other people's problems her business as a point of pride.

And Sarah was having problems. The young brawler had dedicated her life to her goals with a singlemindedness born from her trauma, and that coupled with the end of her faith effectively cut her off from the people around her, particularly those who might have lent her aid. wip

Mortalism

NG/CG/N/CN
HQ: Radahoum
Mortalism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of mortal races, individually and collectively, as shapers of life on the Material Plane and what transpires upon it. Eschewing faith in higher beings, they instead choose to trust in the power and resolution of their own soul and the rewards of hard, honest labour. In general, they are moral and upright individuals who hold to a personal code of ethics, but often have attitudes ranging from cool to hostile towards deitific religions, believing that such represent little more than begging for handouts from beings that do not truly care about them or the world they live in beyond their desire to appear benign and infact choose to stand aside when they could make a difference in a attempt to soak up as much worship as possible.

Mortalist dogma holds that the many Gods and Goddesses of Golarion could make the world into a paradise if they so chose, but doing so would mean that mortal races would not need them any more. If the world is ever to be become such a place, then they believe it will be due to the efforts of mortal races to make it so. Exclusively. This is the goal they work towards, to ultimately free future generations from the predations of the dark things that stalk their world, and the strife perpetuated by religions. The closest thing Mortalists can be said to have as a 'allied faith' is the naturalistic Green Faith, as many share their respect for the natural world and feel that its a acceptable alternative to simply believing in ones self. The faith of Gorum, Sarenite zealots, and other groups that frequently engage in direct action instead of passive worship are more warmly considered than most, though this is more due to the character of the faithful than any tacit approval of their faith its self. On the flipside extremely passive deities get harsher scorn; few things tick a Mortalist off so much as a brilliant piece of craftsmanship or art, acts of charity, or amazing accomplishments being chalked up to divine inspiration or intervention. That it is often the creator or hero themselves making such attestations inspires only resigned pity that they do not realize that their accomplishments are theirs. This makes them one of the few groups, and perhaps the only non-evil one, that utterly loathes Shelyn, who they view as the ultimate do-nothing-god that simply enjoys worship and praise while shamelessly ripping off the talent and skill of mortal artists to bolster her church. They hold a similar scorn for evil men who blame their misdeeds on infernal influence after the fact.

Mortalists have no official documents, their creed and ways are most often communicated by word-of-mouth from practitioners to interested individuals. While a empty circle or humanoid-figure are sometimes used as symbols, such things are uncommon and many do not see the need for a identifying logo. While Mortalism is not based on or directly connected to the Laws of Man, the two ideologies are highly compatible and many Mortalists can be found quietly working in support of Rahadoum's anti-religion policies and in the Pure Legion. A similar concentration exists in Touvette of the River Kingdoms and Bachuan of Xian Tia, though they lament the excesses of these nations, Mortalists often feel that the seeds must be planted somewhere, and are willing to encourage it to grow, in the hope that generations born free of the yoke of organized faiths might one day rise up to to away with the tyranny that rules over them without returning to divine bootlicking... and are more than willing to help it along should the opportunity arise.

Personality
Sarah started off as a perpetually cheerful and moral child, but after suffering at the hands of demons and losing her home and family, she dedicated herself to their destruction and spent years living in near-poverty while she trained herself to the point of exhaustion and beyond, day in and day out. This hardened her, leaving her standoffish and anti-social, while her morals degraded as she was forced to do what she had to do to make ends meet in Kenebras. Had her life continued on its path, she may have ended up little different than the fiends she has dedicated herself to fighting.

Fortunately she was saved from that path by her new mentor, Valeri. The mortalist woman coaxed Sarah out of her shell and dragged her (literally at times) out to taverns and the like, forcing her to loosen up and socialize. In time this softened the surly young brawler's hard edges and allowed her to admit that she had been lonely before (if only to herself). Though the emotional scars remain, the current-day version of Sarah smiles often and is earnest, if awkward, in her attempts to connect with others and build relationships. She also engages in many activities such as running, bathing, and drinking for the simple fun of such activties, rather than scoffing at them as she might once have.

The reverse of this however is still very much in full effect, Sarah has very strong morals, but no ethics, and there is no such things as 'overkill' or 'excessive force' in her mind. While she gives all humanoid races a fair shake anyone who proves to be a enemy, will be dealt with.

Sexually, Sarah is Pansexual, there is little to nothing left in this world that could shock her and by the same token, would make for a impressive bedmate, her lack of experience (though she is not a virgin) is entirely out of proportion with her performance. However she does have issues with physical intimacy, they are mild after so many years, but startling her is ill advised.

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: N/A; Mortalist.
Level: 2
Brawler D10

Abilities
Str   : 18 (4) 16+2Race
Dex : 14 (2) 14
Con : 14 (2) 14
Int   : 10 (0) 10
Wis : 10 (0) 10
Cha : 10 (0) 10

Derived Stats
Bab: +2
Fort: 5 (+3Class+2ConB)
Ref : 5 (+3Class+2DexB)
Will: 4 (+0Class+0WisB+2Trait+2Feat)
CMB: 6 (+2BAB+4StrB)
CMD: 18 (10+2BAB+4StrB+2DexB)
AC : 17 (10+2DexB+5Armour)

HP: 20/20

Skills, Features, Feats & Traits

Skills 4/lvl
Acrobatics (Dex) 1
Climb (Str)
Craft (Int)
Escape Artist (Dex) 1
Handle Animal (Cha)
Intimidate (Cha) 1
Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int) 1
Knowledge (local) (Int)
Perception (Wis) 1
Ride (Dex)
Sense Motive (Wis)
Swim (Str)

Languages: Common

Features
Human
Ability Score: +2 Str
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium.
Speed: 30 ft.
Languages: Common
Feat&Skill
-Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.

Favoured Class: Brawler: +1CMD on X, Y manuvers. +0CMD/+1SP/+0HP
Brawler
Proficiency: All simple weapons, handaxe, short sword, and he close fighter group, light armor, but not with shields.
Brawler's Cunning (Ex): Int counts as 13 for meeting the prereqs of combat feats.
Martial Flexibility (Ex): A brawler can take a move action to gain the benefit of a combat feat she doesn't possess. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The brawler must meet all the feat's prerequisites. She may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3+1/2 her brawler level (minimum 1). Current: 4/4
Martial Training (Ex): Count Brawler levels as Fighter and Monk levels for feat reqs. Counts as both for feats and magic items.
Unarmed Strike: Gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. Apply full StrB on damage  rolls for unarmed strikes. Unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured and natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects  that modify either. Also deal more damage with her unarmed strikes than others, current: 1D6
Bonus Combat Feats: At 2nd lvl and every 3 after, gain a bonus combat feat.
Brawler's Flurry (Ex): At 2nd lvl, can make a 'brawler's flurry' as a full-attack action. When doing so, has the Two-Weapon Fighting feat with any combination of unarmed strikes/close fighter weapon group/monk weapons. Applies full StrB to damage for all attacks made with flurry, can substitute disarm/sunder/trip maneuvers for unarmed attacks. At 8th lvl, gain Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, when using flurry. At 15th lvl, gain Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat with flurry.

Feats
-{Improved Unarmed Strike: Considered to be armed even when unarmed, and can deal lethal or nonleathal.
-Power Attack: -1 Attack and CMB/D for +2 Damage rolls. +50% if you are using a 2H weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by -1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2.
-Iron Will: +2 Will saves
~Improved Initiative: +4 Init

Traits
-{ Campaign trait here.
-Disillusioned: +2 bonus on resisting [Emotion] and [Fear] effects
-Axe To Grind: +1 damage vs enemies threatened only by me.

Equipment

Weapons
Fists [1D6 B. 20x2 Crit.]
Composite Longbow (+4) [1d8 P. 20x3 Crit. 110 ft. 3 lbs. Str(18)] Ammo: 40 common.

Armour [35lbs]
-Chain Shirt (MW. +4AC. +4 Maxdex. -1Checkpen. 25lbs)
Armoured Kilt (+1AC, counts as Medium. 10lbs)

Gear
=Silk Rope [50-foot length of silk rope. 4 HP, broken with a DC 24 Strength check. 5 lbs]
=Kit, Fighter's [15 lbs]
-backpack
-bedroll
-a belt pouch
-flint and steel
-a mess kit
-rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-waterskin.

Expenses
+1000 [starting]
-MW Chain Shirt [250]
-Armoured Kilt [20]
-Kit, Fighter's [9]
-Silk Rope [10]
-Longbow, composite (+4) [500]
-Common Arrows x40 [2]
>209

Notes

GM Notes
-Desired Mythic Paths: Either Guardian or Champion, either is fine.
-

The Precious
-Monk's robe: +5 levels for unarmed, AC, +1 Stunning Fist use.
-Steelhand Circle: Ignore 5 points of Hard when Sundering. 50% fortification 1/day.
-Stonefist Gloves: Treat Unarmed attacks as if you were a Size larger.

Thorne

Quote from: Blinkin on April 06, 2015, 03:40:33 PM
To be honest, I've never considered a specific type or kind of demon. Just a generic demon was implied mainly because Lydia wouldn't of known one kind from another one at the time  and was probably too tramatized to consider it.  My idea was "It was big, black with horns, big pointy teeth and smelled like rotten eggs.... oh, and it had claws... did I mention the claws?"

Hell, I've never payed much attention to what kind of demons appear in a game because I rarely have the material to go looking it up. It's a demon... Kill it! lol

As best as I can recall, the trait, nor AP information never mentioned that a demon escaping the wards ran out and back in again, so it could of been out roaming the world for decades or more.

Hrm. Vrock? vulture's head, flies, nasty temper, will Lightning Dance you to death if you give 'em the chance.
Glabrezu? Dog-face, four arms (two human, two crablike), animal body. I think they have wings and a tail too, but I can't remember.
Balor are more or less the classic Flaming Winged Thing with the sword-whip of flaming doom ala LotR... which I can't remember the specific name of.. not, however, known to have a particular stench of rotten eggs.

And that's the three that immediately come to mind. Of course, there are always the incubi..
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Bibliophilia

Balrog!  -shakes fist at that guy's smouldering corpse.-  Galdalf says hello, asshole!

Dakkon

Have I mentioned how much I look forward to dropping a bunch of demons on your unsuspecting asses?

;D

eBadger

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 06, 2015, 05:13:25 PM

Have I mentioned how much I look forward to dropping a bunch of demons on your unsuspecting asses?

;D

Because none of us are expecting demons?  *winks*

Morganatic

Quote from: Blinkin on April 06, 2015, 03:40:33 PM

Well, I think it's probably pretty handy to have things intriguingly non-specific - trauma does funny things to the memory - although, as Thorne suggests, Vrocks are pretty cool and iconic.

I guess I was also wondering 'what type of demon' in terms of 'what kind of abyssal purpose did they serve?' Having your nemesis be a Balor, a prince of the abyss, would be totally different from tracking down a demon of the despoliation of the natural world, and different again from living in fear of an advanced Vrock who at any time might challenge you to a dance-off while this plays in the background.

EDIT: Just updated my sheet a little - included the modifications to drop my RP expenditure a little, and a slight tweak to the background to make Stolen Fury  (stollen fury?) make more sense. Celestials don't mess about, basically, and in their own special way are also weird and terrifying.

Thorne

Quote from: Morganatic on April 06, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
Well, I think it's probably pretty handy to have things intriguingly non-specific - trauma does funny things to the memory - although, as Thorne suggests, Vrocks are pretty cool and iconic.

I guess I was also wondering 'what type of demon' in terms of 'what kind of abyssal purpose did they serve?' Having your nemesis be a Balor, a prince of the abyss, would be totally different from tracking down a demon of the despoliation of the natural world, and different again from living in fear of an advanced Vrock who at any time might challenge you to a dance-off while this plays in the background.

Wlp! That's now in the mental soundtrack for Vrock Dance-offs... hair and all. o.O
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: FallenDabus on April 06, 2015, 05:13:25 PM

;D

"I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six smiting shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a +4 Holy Pistol, the most powerful handgun in the Worldwound, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Pockets

LOL, I can just see Emeric sitting around eating an apple< "I do hope there's more of them." *demons teleport in* "Oh good!" *draws both shortswords*
08/02 - New A/A Update

Dakkon

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 06, 2015, 08:16:24 PM
"I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six smiting shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a +4 Holy Pistol, the most powerful handgun in the Worldwound, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

If all goes according to plan, a +4 Holy Handgun (or Hand Grenade) won't even be close to the most powerful holy weapon in the Worldwound by the end.

Blinkin

If you're taking request, a +3 longbow of endless ammunition and speed would be nice.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

eBadger

Heh, yeah, I could think of a few epic items to request as well for pure awesomeness....

At the risk of being pushy - which I am not!  Truly! - any more notion of when decisions will be made?  The flow of characters seems to've tricked off....

Dakkon

Quote from: eBadger on April 09, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
Heh, yeah, I could think of a few epic items to request as well for pure awesomeness....

At the risk of being pushy - which I am not!  Truly! - any more notion of when decisions will be made?  The flow of characters seems to've tricked off....
I could make it right now. I'm kind tempted, since it looks like everyone is done their sheets and I doubt there will be a last minute one.

eBadger

Your call.  I just get paranoid about attention and interest wandering. 

Ghostwheel

Quote from: eBadger on April 09, 2015, 11:40:29 AM
Your call.  I just get paranoid about attention and interest wandering.

Ditto, was getting curious in the last day or so m'self.

Morganatic

Jon Snow (not that one), standing by with the swing-o-meter, standing by to announce and analyse the results ...  :D

Pockets

At the expense of boredom, I've been theorycrafting a couple more characters. But shelved them because while the theorycrafting is fun, getting the technical stuff out of the way gets annoying, especially when it comes time to buy equipment. Since I keep trying to go back to D&D 3.5 supplements.
08/02 - New A/A Update