Looking for Medieval/fantasy group rp

Started by Kittenchan, May 02, 2009, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittenchan

I used to only rp in a forum based rp site that was about four kingdoms. I kinda miss the old site. They had magical people, knights, kings, queens, the whole medieval castle idea mixed with magic and fighting for your kingdom. If anyone has an idea for a group rp or want in please throw in your ideas!

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Hunter

*noms on Kittenchan*
I'd be interested in something like this, too.

Farelaldar

Ons & Offs | Summer

My personal text is a quote from John Donne.  John Donne was a British poet.  {b. 1572  d. 1631}

Kittenchan

Post some character ideas and such that yall want.

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Bayushi

Would there be the inclusion of non-Human fantasy races, like elves and dwarves and the like?

Orc raids in some kingdoms, etc?

Kittenchan

Yes yes, That is all welcome.

I was figuring either two or three kingdoms. One of more like 'good' side, a middle ground kingdom, and a 'bad/thief' kingdom.

I guess we could do most races liked everywhere, but if you look suspicious or something of that nature you would obviously be watched.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Gentle Eyes

I'm kind of interested as well can there be fairies as well like you see in some rpg games.

Trinket

This sounds as though it would be something I'd enjoy taking part in.

Merlyn

I would be happy to take part as well.  It's bringing back some Dagorhir memories now. :D
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Bubblez

I would be interested in this also.
Would you be willing to allow female knights, etc?
Thanks and keep me posted!
It's a Great Idea..
My Ons and Offs

Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...
To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

DJ Cake

Oooh, I'm highly interested. What about horror fantasy elements like vampires, liches, and the like? I can do dark fantasy, or light, but being on the darker side of things is always intriguing.

I'd probably do something hybrid... like a vampire bard, or a playful mage who loves music and art (bardic mage).I love music, stories, and art too much not to include them somewhere. *grins*

-Cake

EDIT: Female knights? Seksay!

ChaoticSky

Kittenchan

Yes, yes ,and yes.

Post so character ideas so we know where people stand and what we might still need.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Kittenchan on May 14, 2009, 12:32:58 AM
Yes, yes ,and yes.

Post so character ideas so we know where people stand and what we might still need.

do you have a template we should use? or just write random stuff?

Kittenchan

Name
Sex
Race
Personality
History and/or placement in realm
Magic/weapons/ etc...

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Hunter

I'm thinking that it's time to revive my half drow wild mage.   ;D

Merlyn

Culik  (que-lick)
Male
Human
Culik is a very tall muscular man.  He has short trimmed hair, with a short beard and mustache.  He wares a leather/chainmaile armoured shirt, and war skirt.  Over top of his fighting pants and shirt. 
He is a very cold man, who has a quick temper.  He hates when people are mistreated, and lives only for the code of chivalry.
When he was very young his entire village was destroyed by an evil wizard.  The wizard laughed when he found Culik pleading him for the lives of his family.  So he slaughtered his family and enslaved Culik.  He lived with the wizard for many years, trying to learn from him and how to defeat him.  When Culik turned 18 he made his move, and after the wizard returned home Culik took his vengeance.  Before making his equipment from the wizards staff, armour, and various medallions.
He carries his armour, and a 6' great sword which took much time to learn how to use effectively.  As well as a roman styled gladius.

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 15, 2009, 09:10:37 PM
i would like to own the evil kingdom.. like an evil sorceress queen

Damn, someone beat me to it. Was going to call the evil king role. I've played too many good guys lately.

Maybe I can be a dark... lord... of some form. I'll think on it a bit.

Duchess

well there is still the neutral and good kingdom...*giggles*

PhantomPistoleer

I present to you...

Beltras Stormwind
27 year old high human male, from the Holy Kingdom

Appearance

Beltras is a large physical specimen, bulging with musculature.  He seldom removes his helm outside of the church, unless for the purposes of fornication.

Personality
Emotions are a constant struggle for Beltras Stormbringer.  Though he represents quite aptly the virtues of the Holy Kingdom, he is at odds with the impulses wrought by his natural upbringing.  Brought from the Unholy Kingdom when he was just a child, the tenets of the ancients who dominated those lands are imbedded within him:  and as such, he has violated his vow of celibacy many times and has acted dishonorably in combat.

History
Brought to the Holy Kingdom as a babe, young Beltras was squired with the Indomitable Knight, Sir Percieval.  Soon, Beltras himself was honored with the title after serving with great honor in three wars, thirty-two engagements and numerous of diplomatic and intelligence missions.  The Holy Order of Light esteems this particular knight greatly for his bravery and mettle, and thus turn a blind eye whenever he violates the rules of conduct.

Abilities
Equestrian:  Atop of his giant horse, this giant is nearly unstoppable by conventional means.  Whenever he and his mighty steed Paltro are one, enemy blood rains down upon the battlefield.
Weaponsmaster:  Beltras is comfortable with melee weapons of all sorts, and is competent with ranged weapons as well.  His weapons of choice are the Greatsword, Greataxe, Halberd and Lance.
Might:  Beltras is truly gifted with might.  He possesses the strength of twelve men and is resilient to mortal wounds.
Cleric:  Beltras can call upon divine magic.  He is an intermediate, and seldom uses such spells.

Sexual Deviancy:  Beltras enjoys forcing himself unto captured enemy females, as well as the company of numerous women at the same time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Vandren

Ok, I've been resisting, but I'm interested.  :)

I'm thinking of a royal armsmaster for the neutral kingdom, possibly dabbling in sorcery and/or alchemy due to his studies.  Duties would basically involve overseeing the combat training of the palace's men-at-arms and knights as well as teaching any royal children.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Duchess

sorry its so long ..just couldn't stop thinking

Dumpshock

This... looks kinda interesting... I'm thinkin' 'bout a female knight, sorceress, or maybe some sort of rogue.  Most likely human, but not set in stone at the moment.

Maybe I'll combine all three...

Duchess

Quote from: Night Walker on May 16, 2009, 04:10:53 AM
Damn, someone beat me to it. Was going to call the evil king role. I've played too many good guys lately.

Maybe I can be a dark... lord... of some form. I'll think on it a bit.

maybe you can be the queens evil advisor..the only one she accepts advices from and of course you wile take advantage of this position and benefit from it.. because any one will try to be in your good graces to reach the queen ears..

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 16, 2009, 07:40:41 PM
maybe you can be the queens evil advisor..the only one she accepts advices from and of course you wile take advantage of this position and benefit from it.. because any one will try to be in your good graces to reach the queen ears..

There could be any number of advantages of being so close to the queen *chuckle*
I like the idea, I'm working on a character profile now.

Galleon

Is it to late for me and Silk to join?

Duchess

guess not..the GM self haven't answer yet

PhantomPistoleer

Give it time, Thal.  It's the weekend.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Duchess

i know ..i mean its not to late for them to enter.. blink..blink

Nimmy

Still room for another player? This is actually right along the same lines of what I used to play in, and it sounds pretty cool.

Bayushi

I'm still game to play this.

I'll be working on a character this evening, and hope to have it posted/available by the morrow.

Vandren

Added his background

Veril Haritun, Lord
Race: Human
Position/Title: Armsmaster / Baronet
Realm: (Neutral)

Description:  Lord Haritun is a well built man in his mid-30s.  He’s just under six feet in height and possesses a wiry build well suited to his preferred pursuits.  Unlike many is his profession, he wears his nut brown straight hair long, usually braided (reaching about midway down his back).  Only rarely does he wear a helmet.  More often than not, Veril dons servicable attire—light shirt, loose pants, knee high soft boots, plain steel vambraces.  He is known to wear several amulets, he claims as souvenirs of past campaigns.  Normally, a baselard (pikeman’s sword), qama (no frills shorter gladius), and dagger are supported by his belt.  The first two on the left, the last on the right.

Special Talents: Skill at Arms (mastery); Sorcery (journeyman level; specialties: biosorcery, protection); Alchemy (apprentice level);
Weaknesses: Brunettes, Hates Dwarves, Mild Acrophobia, Horrible Archer
Notable Possessions: Decent collection of weapons (favors the baselard, qama, short staff; but can use most), portable alchemical lab, collection of minorly enchanted amulets (protect against specific illnesses and poisons, provide luck, etc.)

History:  Lord Haritun was born in a small village on the northern border of the kingdom.  He worked in his mother’s smithy (his father having died when he was four, she took over the forge) until he was called up by the local lord to fight when he was thirteen.  Even though the campaign was brief, Veril demonstrated an uncanny skill that impressed his lord.  He was entered in his lord’s service to replace men-at-arms lost in battle, eventually earning a knighthood at the age of twenty.  Around the time of his knighting, Veril took up an interest in sorcery, having discovered that he had the talent.  In time, he was brought to the court in his lord’s retinue.  He became part of the royal court six years ago, and was elevated to the rank of baronet and armsmaster three years ago.  In his leisure time, he started studying alchemy two years back and continued his sorcerous studies.  Because he is rarely called upon to enter the battlefield, Veril has focused his personal arms training on weaponry more suited to corridors and other tight quarters rather than cumbersome broadswords, axes, greatswords, and polearms.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Night Walker

Lord Roland Volair

Position in Realm: Advisor to Queen Neomi Raintree

Sex: Male

Race: At least half human (The rest is Fae, although actual percentages of the mix are a matter of some debate, most guess it is 50/50)

Appearance: Tall, athletic, pale skin, straight jet black hair that hangs to his shoulders, eyes a brilliant emerald green flecked with gold. He is very softspoken and one typically needs to pay close attention to catch all the subtle inflections.

Beyond this basic description, any distinguishing physical features are wholly unknown as Roland’s body always seems hidden from view under his long deep purple (almost dark enough to be black) cloak. As well, he often wears a very long dark forest green scarf with golden embroidery that covers the lower half of his face. The only hint most have of what is under the cape comes from his right hand which is always seen encased in a wicked looking heavy silver gauntlet. To the general public, this is the only part of Roland to ever be exposed.

Personality: Roland is calmness personified, almost disturbingly so. Nothing seems to ever upset him or catch him off guard. He is easily mistaken as being totally emotionless, but nothing could be farther from the truth. His expressions are understated. He is reserved and measured in his behaviour, not wanting to let anyone get too close.

History: Roland was always a strange boy. People say his mother was one of the faeries, and that is why she had to leave after his birth. Growing up, he tended to keep to himself and spent a great deal of time playing in the woods near the Raintree family palace. His father, Mallik, served King Richard faithfully as one of his personal guards. When the monsters launched their surprise attack on the kingdom, Mallik was one of the first to answer the alarm, but by then it was too late. He was overwhelmed by the creatures. His death was not in vain though; fourteen year old Roland escaped unharmed.

Roland took to the woods, the only sanctuary he had ever known. Most villagers were frightened of the deep tangle of trees, but not Roland, it was his second home. Roland had learned very young that he experienced the world differently from other boys. Light and colour were more vibrant. He danced with shadows and ran in the deepest darkness without tripping. Over time, alone in the forest, Roland’s affinity for nature grew. Something in his blood spoke to the world around him. He could hear voices on the wind; he felt the heartbeat of the trees, and even the pulse of the Earth in the rocks. After a few years, he returned to the castle and joined the ranks of the dark army. He knew the time to start his revenge had come.

Roland gained a reputation as a quiet and capable soldier. No one understood how he was able to fight as he did: never breaking a sweat, barely moving until the last moment. The whole time his enemy seemed to become more and more distracted, even fearful, giving Roland the opportunity he needed. Roland’s mysterious technique gained him considerable prestige, and by the time Neomi was brought back to the kingdom, Roland was one of the monster king’s top soldiers. It had always been Roland’s plan to dethrone the king himself, but when he saw the princess, now grown into a beautiful young woman, he knew immediately that a new plan was needed. By helping return the princess to the throne, Roland felt he would honour the memory of his Father. He would follow in his family’s steps and serve the rightful heir to the throne.

If and how Roland actually helped is unclear. No one even knows if he was really involved, although some have suspicions. How did Neomi manage to get that poison past the monstrous guards and tasters anyway? Roland always gets an almost unperceivable smile on his face when posed with these sorts of questions. As with nearly everything else in Roland’s life, he prefers it be kept a mystery.

Magical Powers:
-   Roland’s mental state cannot be read or touched by any means. His mind and body is totally cut off, even from the most powerful of psychics. This makes him handy as an adviser as he is immune to any form sort of mind control tricks that could jeopardize his office. One can always be secure that Roland’s thoughts are entirely his own.
-   Roland can control and shape the natural world: be it making a tree grow in a minute as much as it would in over a hundred years, or calling up great rocks from beneath the Earth’s surface to form a quick and sturdy barrier. By his command, roots can rise from the ground and bind people’s legs, roses can twist around him to form a thorny barrier, and water will rise from a riverbed and change course. This control does in no way extend to animals or insects of any form.
-   Roland is able to create and manipulate darkness and shadows. This means he could shroud himself in the blackness of deepest night even when standing in an open field at noon, and he can alter all the shadows in a room to disorient people. Rumours circle that Lord Volair is able to even step through shadows like a door, and that he moves through a world of darkness, so that he can appear anywhere at any time. These rumours are not true, although Roland enjoys them as they scare the pants off the local citizens of the kingdom. The truth is that Roland often cloaks himself in darkness so as not to be seen. Because of this, when he does appear, he often appears to be stepping forth from the shadows as if he were walking out of them. Really though, it is more akin to taking off a blanket than stepping through a door as Roland was there the entire time, he was just hidden.
-   Roland’s most subtle and devious power is that of illusions. Roland is able to make a person see that which isn’t there. This could be anything from as simple as making a door appear as a solid wall, to making the inside of a run-down shack appear as a bedroom fit for a king. This power can also be used more directly on people for sometimes disturbing results. If someone charges at Roland, he could distract them by making the person seem as if they are suddenly covered in spiders. Or perhaps the attacker sees that Roland is accompanied by a large three-headed fire-breathing dragon. Or, maybe for fun, when Roland sees two guards on duty, he will make each of them see the other’s head explode causing blood and brains to rain down while the body falls limp to the ground. The panic and potential madness caused by such illusions makes the ability a powerful tool, even if the objects aren’t real at all.

Equipment: Roland’s cloak and scarf are nothing special, merely gifts from his father. His armour though was left for him by his mother and is not of human origin. It looks like polished silver, is harder than any steel, is lighter than silk, and makes no noise at all. The only sound Roland makes when he moves is the swishing of his cloak, for this reason, most people assume his armour is restricted to the gauntlet. Those who fight him though soon learn this mistake when their blades are stopped before ever touching flesh.

Under his cloak, he carries two swords: one is 99 centimetres (39 inches) long, and the other 68.5 centimetre (27 inches) long.

Abilities: Roland is trained in close quarters combat. He specializes in both sword fighting and unarmed combat. He is stronger and more agile than most people would expect from one of his build. He is also an accomplished horseman and field doctor. The latter was a result of his time alone in the forest where he taught himself about the medicinal properties of different leaves and roots. Needless to say, Roland is also a master when it comes to survival skills.

Duchess

Night Walker

Night Walker

We need some nobility for the good and neutral kingdoms. Any takers?

usha

Since theres no yay or nay answer yet to the addition of new people, I'll toss a bid in for the side of neutral, or good I suppose if that is whats needed more. Formulating a few character ideas as I type this!

Lyrus

Medieval. I auto-drift to Medieval ... I'll go wherever needs be. :3
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Vandren

Quote from: usha on May 21, 2009, 05:35:31 AM
Since theres no yay or nay answer yet to the addition of new people

From what I gather, the idea is to have an unlimited number of people.  :)

Silk

I still do not want to assume that we are welcome, that wouldnt be polite if we jsut invited ourselves into the game

Duchess

Night walker:thats..good.. very good indeed ;)

Silk: and yeah i guess your welcome cause the GM self haven't appeared yet ..so keep adding ppl , so there is no way this game will die....hehe

Merlyn

Yeah, I think the idea was the more the better with this one.  After all we can always use a few threads, one for each side perhaps, and a common are or two.

Ons and Offs

Vandren

Quote from: Silk on May 21, 2009, 08:14:59 AM
we just invited ourselves into the game

I gather that this was her point, that she wants people to do so.  :)

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 09:10:19 AM
Night walker:thats..good.. very good indeed ;)

:-) I am glad my queen approves.

I can't wait to get this world going. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed playing quiet mysterious characters of questionable quality. Antiheroes and fallen heroes are so much fun.  ;)

Duchess

most definitely we need the good and neutral king or queen

usha

I'm going to wait a day or two and see if anyone snatches those roles up before I settle on anything in particular. I wouldn't mind playing a leader, though I'm not very good at it *grin*

Duchess

yeah..for my part i see to many good characters for this to vanish but who knows

Merlyn

Yay, Futurama reference....
All glory to the Hypnotoad    http://r33b.net/

Erhmmm, anyways back onto the topic.
I was planning on being neutral (knight/fighter not nobility) for the most part, but available for hire by anyone.

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

Maybe one kingdom is neutral because there is no monarchy at all? Possibly it is a mercantile plutocracy where the wealthy hold absolute control over their own respective territories in the state, and kingdom-wide matters are decided on by a council of, lets say, 8 of the most powerful landholders.

Basically it would be a society where wealth = power, and everyone knows it. The more wealth one gains, the more control they have. Eventually they may work their way up to replace (or buy out) one of the ruling houses and become a new merchant-lord.

It would be absolutely neutral as the main thing that matters above all else is wealth. "Good" and "Bad" have little meaning, as long as it is profitable. A mercenary state so-to-speak, where some merhant-lords may think favourably on the good kingdom because it gives them a good source of steady business, while others may side with the evil kingdom because that is where their best trade routes are located.

Nimmy

That makes a lot of sense, because usually with monarchies, you would expect alliances between the Neutral nation and either the "good" or "bad" nation and that kind of throws the idea of three different kingdoms to the wind. I like that idea and would actually be kind of interested in playing a "neutral" character.

Silk

I was kinda thinking more of a nation of shamanistic/pagan people who do not want either side to win because it would throw off the balance of nature, but that idea sounds better

Duchess

Merlyn

Well, that is basically just the feudal system.  Just with the knights being their own kings.  Since normally it's that the King gives land to knights to defend him, and they give and allow others to work the knights land to make him money and food. 

Ons and Offs

Vandren

Seeing as I've set up a neutral kingdom royal "armsmaster" . . . I'm not especially a huge fan of the plutocracy idea (nor the "shamanic" balance of nature, which is really a bit of a crock anyway).

Here're some alternatives:

1) Monarchy - Look to Earth history and the 16th-17th century relationship between France, England, and Germany.  Especially from the papal perspective, France = good (Catholic), England = evil (Protestant), and Germany = neutral (more or less evenly mixed Catholic/Protestant).  The three nations had a constantly evolving set of political relationships (sure, Spain was involved too), mostly involving "neutral" Germany being allied with France against England or England against France, or playing them off against each other.

2) Principate, Grand Duchy, Duchy, etc. - Perhaps the third nation is not a kingdom as such, rather is ruled by a lesser noble title.  It may be geographically between the other two nations, perhaps territory that both the other nations have fought over for centuries before its people got fed up and declared a new nation.  Could even be a politically created buffer zone between the rival kingdoms.

Duchess

YAY: England!!!!!!!!

"I'M THE KING OF ENGLAND!"

Night Walker

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen

hehe, ok enough of that.

The merchant state idea popped into my head when I was thinking about renaissance Italy. Although not exactly the same, my idea was kind of an exaggeration of the mercantile societies of renaissance Florence and Venice. I'm not entirely sure if Venice was the exact same, but in Florence, the powerful merchant families were always trying to outdo each other while at the same time trying to keep up their reputations with the public so they could get into office. If you want to see how powerful these merchant families could be, look up "Medici". The Medicis were bankers (money lenders/loan sharks) who gained so much wealth and power they basically became nobility, some even wormed their way into being Pope.

That said, if we want a more Feudalistic or Monarchic society though, what about a hybrid idea? Basically, you have a ruling house (king, queen, prince, duke, earl, count, whatever) who has official political control, but below him/her is a middle class of wealthy businessmen (traders, merchants, bankers, etc.) who have real financial power over the people, enough to fund private armies and be a huge thorn in the side of any regent. For this reason, although technically still a Monarchy, the ruler wouldn’t have unquestioned authority and so would have to act with some caution. Upsetting the people could spark a revolt that results in one member of the mercantile aristocracy taking the crown. The king would have to be neutral for survival. Siding with the “good” empire would upset “evil” empire supporters and vice-versa, so what you end up with is a neutral 3rd empire where everyone is welcome as long as they don’t cause trouble.

This third empire may even be an official meeting ground for the two rival kingdoms to come and discuss matters such as potential treaties, or to broker deals with the neutral nation itself.

I’m just thinking that it would be hard for a neutral nation to stay neutral when 1 person is in charge. Both kingdoms would try to sway the ruler’s favour, and likely one would win; however, if the king had to answer directly to the people below him, if not officially than for practical reasons, what you have is really a Monarchy in name and structure, but a sort of Republic in practise.

Duchess

u do know how to sweeten ur way up the ranks. Lol

Night Walker

lol
Well as appropriate as that song is, I would prefer the "evil" kingdom to have a more upbeat anthem. Then again, if we are England...

Kittenchan

Sorry Ya'll!!!!! I've been busy with working around my parents' house. >.>;;; Anyways.

Every and anyone is welcome at all times... I wanted to make a rather large area for many people to be doing many different things.

For myself I was thinking about maybe having some sort of mage or adviser that is close to either side that will eventually be abducted or something to the other side. Thus having her turned into a slave or something for the other side. I'm thinking first on the evil side and then take by the good side. (since the good side wanted a ton of girls scampering around)

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Silk

I'll take a good mage spot then :) mmm abduction...

Duchess

hmmm... i think its time for an occ and an character sheet and all the way on top of teh character sheet a list with the characters and in which king dome they are part of.

if u want i can make it for you

Night Walker

Well there goes my fun advisor job  :-( Unless maybe there is another advisor to be abducted?
I could be the one abducting people from the "good" nation so we have lots of slave girls running about our palace.
Kidnapping people and forcing them into slavery is sort of an "evil" thing to do isn't it?

Hmm... kidnapping people and forcing them into our service, my lord, we ARE England!

Duchess

good side kidnapping??

edit and NW , she doesn't mean the queens adviser, you can still have that spot

Night Walker

That's what it sounded like to me. First one side would kidnap from the other, then vice-versa.

Quote from: Kittenchan on May 21, 2009, 04:47:52 PM
I'm thinking first on the evil side and then take by the good side. (since the good side wanted a ton of girls scampering around)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but it sounds to me like the good side is gonna come steal the evil side advisor... I don't think Roland would like that very much. Also, do you really want a slave that can make you see stuff that isn't there? Think about the havoc that could cause... oh wait... that might be fun actually, lol. Not sure I like the idea of being a slave, but I do enjoy causing mass panic  >:)

Silk

Depends if you mean good as "goody goody" or catholic crusades goody goody, basically meaning "We are doing gods will, all who stand in the way of god will perish as blasphemers" the latter wouldnt be so against slavery, while the former would probally take the evil advisors to try and redeem them

Duchess

thats what the neutral side is for..

For myself I was thinking about maybe having some sort of mage or adviser that is close to either side that will eventually be abducted or something to the other side. Thus having her turned into a slave or something for the other side. I'm thinking first on the evil side and then take by the good side. (since the good side wanted a ton of girls scampering around)

she was the one being abducted  not the male adviser?

what happened  to the OCC tread?

edit: we in need of a list to know what characters are playing in the game

Vandren

Quote from: Night Walker on May 21, 2009, 04:12:48 PMI’m just thinking that it would be hard for a neutral nation to stay neutral when 1 person is in charge. Both kingdoms would try to sway the ruler’s favour, and likely one would win

Not exactly a perfect example, but Henry VIII and Elizabeth I (sure, they had Parliament, but that was then a body purely for the nobility).  Elizabeth was especially adept at remaining neutral, save for that little fracas with Spain.

QuoteAlso, do you really want a slave that can make you see stuff that isn't there? Think about the havoc that could cause

There are various magical ways to inhibit or block such abilities.  In a society full of magic, there are bound to be ways for the authorities to deal with magic-wielding criminals that could be equally effective for prisoners of war.  :)

Side note, I'm tossing around the idea of putting in a second character.  Either removing Veril's sorcerous ability and putting together a court mage OR setting up a spy (ok, so I'm re-reading David Morrell's Assumed Identity and getting ideas).

Duchess

i sill not seeing the good kingdom kidnapping thingy...why do we need the evil kingdom than?

a neutral and a good will suffice, idk..I'm lost already

Night Walker

Ah, ok so I misunderstood the kidnapping thing. That's a relief. I liked my character a lot and I just couldn't see him as a slave.

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 05:45:16 PM
i sill not seeing the good kingdom kidnapping thingy...why do we need the evil kingdom than?

a neutral and a good will suffice, idk..I'm lost already

Maybe a different form of 3 kingdom model, well, not so much different just a change in terminology. "Good" and "evil" are subjective. Perhaps one kingdom is very religious (amy includes templars, crusaders, clerics, etc.), another is a little more dark, warmongering, and ethically questionable (use monsters, promote magic for destructive purposes, not against pressgangs and slavery), and the third likes to keep to itself, stay on friendly terms with everyone, and stay the heck out of everyone else's wars (Switzerland).

Duchess

not very fantasy like.....

i'm very lost right now and that is not a good thing.

Night Walker

I don't know why having a not necessarily good "good kingdom" and not entirely evil "evil kingdom" makes it less fantastical, but I do agree that this is all getting far too confusing. An OOC thread with characters and kingdoms would help. And I'm sorry if my kingdom ideas were adding to the general confusion.

If it makes things easier, lets just say there are good evil and neutral kingdoms.

Duchess

because the GM still didn't answer all this confusion, if we at least know what she was expecting of the game. would make it easier and like you said i really don't feel like changing my character.

Vandren

Quote from: Night Walker on May 21, 2009, 05:48:59 PMPerhaps one kingdom is very religious (amy includes templars, crusaders, clerics, etc.), another is a little more dark, warmongering, and ethically questionable (use monsters, promote magic for destructive purposes, not against pressgangs and slavery), and the third likes to keep to itself, stay on friendly terms with everyone, and stay the heck out of everyone else's wars (Switzerland).

This sounds good to me.  That also allows for corruption in the "good" kingdom's ranks (i.e. the Inquisition) and the possibility of redemption in the "evil" kingdom's ranks.

As for it being "not very fantasy like" . . . George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series comes to mind.  Or to a lesser extent, Jonathan Stroud's Heroes of the Valley, which is more Norse epic, but rather fantastical.  Some of Mercedes Lackey's work comes to mind too.

Duchess

never heard of those, so it will make it difficult for me to understand unless i do a search.
but beside that we can say what ever we want, for now we are just assuming stuff.that is what I mean.

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 06:05:39 PM
because the GM still didn't answer all this confusion, if we at least know what she was expecting of the game. would make it easier and like you said i really don't feel like changing my character.

You have a great character! Please don't change her.

Night Walker

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 06:20:18 PM
never heard of those, so it will make it difficult for me to understand unless i do a search.
but beside that we can say what ever we want, for now we are just assuming stuff.that is what I mean.

Ah, yes, good point. We really need the game creator's guidance here.

Kittenchan

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 16, 2009, 08:38:37 AM
Personality
Emotions are a constant struggle for Beltras Stormbringer.  Though he represents quite aptly the virtues of the Holy Kingdom, he is at odds with the impulses wrought by his natural upbringing.  Brought from the Unholy Kingdom when he was just a child, the tenets of the ancients who dominated those lands are imbedded within him:  and as such, he has violated his vow of celibacy many times and has acted dishonorably in combat.

Sexual Deviancy:  Beltras enjoys forcing himself unto captured enemy females, as well as the company of numerous women at the same time.

Have him want her because she is beautiful and he wants someone close to the Queen to get to know his enemy.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Kittenchan

Ok...

It's not really a 'good' and 'evil' sort of kingdom type thing. I'm going to say there used to only be one kingdom but some event caused them to split. So the original side is considered the 'good side' while the kingdom that broke off is considered the 'bad side'.

I'll go make the OCC and stuff right now.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Duchess

who is close to the queen? besides her adviser,unless it is the other kingdom...

edit: so i have to change my character history?

Kittenchan

I was just trying to think of something... not necessarily an adviser. But maybe a mage, healer or something along those lines.

Why would you have to change it?

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Kittenchan

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Duchess

Kittenchan

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Vandren

NC-H sounds perfect, assuming there'll be no non-humans beyond Elves and Dwarves, if even those.

Kittenchan

*is failing at creativity... -_-;;;* Realm name ideas anyone?

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Duchess

i had come up with one when i thought there would be 3 kingdoms, but than again if you had read the character sheets. it would be obvious.

Quote from: Thaleia on May 21, 2009, 06:50:48 PM
who is close to the queen? besides her adviser,unless it is the other kingdom...

edit: so i have to change my character history?

and again i will ask DO i have to change my character? since the plot has been changed?

Kittenchan

I read it, I'm sorry if I'm not all on the ball with every single little detail.

Quote from: Kittenchan on May 21, 2009, 06:56:10 PM
I was just trying to think of something... not necessarily an adviser. But maybe a mage, healer or something along those lines.

Why would you have to change it?

Your queen is still has all the same history. I was thinking at any spliting of the kingdom would have been long ago...

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Duchess

hmmm...  okies..i got it  her family was good once until the attack, meaning from the time the kingdom was united.

purrrrrrrfect... smiles

Kittenchan

*nods and huggles* I just wanted to sneak in some sort of stealingness in there...

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Duchess

hmm one more post and i hit 2000..i think...

sorry just trying something..LOL

edit :YAY!!!!!   and its cool..hehe

Kittenchan

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Night Walker

Well... may have to tweak my origin just slightly... but I think I can manage.

Is the OOC up?

PhantomPistoleer

I think that splitting up the Kingdom in two is wiser.

But, I think that they shouldn't necessarily be antagonists, but nevertheless plot against one another?  It would be interesting to be able to play with ALL available characters, you understand.  So I propose this:  a game in which two kingdoms are represented in a (highly sexualized) ball, a yearly occasion for revelry to cement peace between the two nations.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Merlyn

There are three kingdoms.  The split that is referred to is how there became the 'good' and 'bad' kingdoms, there is also the 'neutral' kingdom.

And the idea of the split is that there isn't peace, there is a war against the 'good' and 'bad' while the 'neutral' tries to stay out of it. (At least that's what I've taken the intentions to be.)

Ons and Offs

Lyrus

If the RPers are split up too much, it can cause some difficulty. :3
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Duchess

see this is what happens when a ship lacks the captain...

Vandren

Quote from: Lyrus on May 23, 2009, 03:47:36 AMIf the RPers are split up too much, it can cause some difficulty. :3

Depends on how its handled and how people "play".  One of the best groups I was part of, in an online format, had characters spread out over roughly 14 nations, representing five or six sides in a conflict.  There was no "GM", but that group kept going for five, six years of posting (I was involved for four years, but it had started a year or two before I joined in).  There were probably 30+ players at the height of the game, with 100+ major characters.

Duchess

and do you see that happening in this game?

Merlyn

The way I see it being 'split up' is that every kingdom has there own topic for things related to just that kingdom.  Then there is another topic which is perhaps a forest in which all the kingdoms can mingle/fight.  (As well as being able to travel to another kingdom and post in there topic.) 

So it is almost like multiple games that just combine often. 
We have enough people.  As long as everyone is still interested, which I think for the most part they are.

Ons and Offs

Vandren

Quote from: Merlyn on May 23, 2009, 08:19:22 AMThe way I see it being 'split up' is that every kingdom has there own topic for things related to just that kingdom.  Then there is another topic which is perhaps a forest in which all the kingdoms can mingle/fight.  (As well as being able to travel to another kingdom and post in there topic.)

This seems like a good method.  That way there's a place for interaction between nations and places for interaction within a nation.

Merlyn

It would be less confusing and more... realistic? (couldn't really think of a word that I wanted) I suppose.  You wouldn't have to read about what other nations are plotting about and such, when you wouldn't really be able to.  (with an honor system anyways.) 
And most knights/fighters would be in the common area anyway I think, unless summoned by their leaders.  Since they would be busy fighting/questing. 
While the advisers and leaders would be busy discussing what needs to be done, and how to achieve what they want.

Ons and Offs

Duchess

i oppose making this warlike and only about fighting.

pouting

Vandren

I'm more into the politics, but there're likely to be armed conflicts at some point, so it makes sense to have a place for them.  :)  Gets away from "good" kingdom storms the "evil" capital, then "evil" kingdom storms the "good" capital.  It also gives the "evil" kingdom some "good" villages to sack, pillage, and burn (in that order, the order's really really important).

Night Walker

I like combat, but not all the time. Not entirely sure how I feel about large scale kingdom vs kingdom warfare. How would that work exactly?

I love the political aspect and perhaps small encounters. More of a cold war than all out good vs evil.

Merlyn

I figured it'd still be mainly small encounters on and off, but we could add anything in with the forest.  Plus it could have some neutral meeting grounds in it.

Basically it'd be all of the land in between the three kingdoms. 

Good Kingdom                        Neutral Kingdom

Forest

Evil Kingdom

Sort of like that.  And anything could go on in the forest, not just kingdom vs kingdom.  But say a monster, or barbarians, or whatever were to attack the area.  It would mainly take place in the forest (or whatever we want that place to be).  Plus any robberies or kidnappings (requiring a hunting trip or stroll through the area) could occur there.  This way any fighting wouldn't just be castle sieges. 

All politics and diplomacy could and would occur, either in the forest or on trips to the castle.  Basically if you were looking at it like a video game, it'd be a traveling and random event area, that you would pass through.  (Not that you have to always, or that something would always happen.) 

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

so each "kingdom" is basically a town?

Merlyn

Yeah, village/castle. 
Or at least the way I was thinking.

Ons and Offs

Night Walker

kinda detracts from the kingdom feel to me... not to overly complicate matters, but I would love to see some more 'regions' added.

Maybe at least a seperate city and palace for each?

Not that I won't be happy with your model, I'd just love to see the kingdoms as being a bigger focus that promotes people to travel from one to another. Right now it sounds like they are basically rest stops and all the action is in the forest.

Vandren

I think where Merlyn's going is that each kingdom would, obviously, have a castle/town at its political center.  That's likely to be where most of the in-kingdom action takes place since we've currently got a bunch of nobles and pseudo-nobles.  The nation's themselves would be bigger, but less action is likely in less central areas.

Or maybe that's just my own thinking.  :)  Feel free to smack me if that's the case, Merlyn.

Merlyn

No smacking needed.  You're right, I figured since we don't have many fighters that we didn't need to make a separate section for the village/towns now.  I think we would just end up with some very empty topics.  Because the nobles don't have too much of a reason to be in the village as opposed to thier palace/castles.  And the attacks on the kingdom would just happen in that kingdoms section, as well as any tournaments they choose to hold, or any other reason for people to be in that kingdom. 
I was kind of thinking we should a different topic for each castle and surrounding village/s but then we would need at least 6, 7 if there is a forest or field or whatever, different topics.  And I'm not so sure that we have enough people right now to support that much without something dieing or getting lost/ignored.  Unless we were to just cut out the Neutral side and just have them be unaffiliated, but that would kinda destroy much of the politics. 

I just think that if we need more room for the villages we can always make it.

Plus castle sieges aren't really the funnest in all reality.

Ons and Offs

Duchess

sorry guys..its only you now..my character is officially out

Bayushi

Name: Alassiel
Sex: Female
Race: Gold Elf

Appearance: Alassiel stands about 4'8” tall and weighs MAYBE 75 pounds.

Personality: Alassiel is a soft-spoken, gentle-natured young woman, who somehow skipped the rebellious streak that seems to plague most young people. She shuns conflict if possible, but if she is forced to partake in warfare or combat, she will allow others to do the fighting, instead choosing to remain behind the front line and heal the fallen.

History and/or placement in realm: Alassiel is the daughter and only child of a Duke of the Elven court, which grants her the title of Baroness. The Elves are split on their loyalties, either siding with the 'Good' Kingdom, or remain neutral in any feuds between the 'Good' and 'Evil' Kingdoms. Alassiel tends to avoid taking part in any politics, choosing to help those who need her healing, as opposed to taking sides in a conflict that has nothing to do with her.

Magic/weapons/ etc: As a cleric of the Elven goddess Hanali Celanil, the Elven goddess of Love and Beauty, Alassiel is an accomplished healer, knowing little about offensive divine spellcasting. She carries naught but a dagger with which to defend herself

Night Walker

I'm going to bow out of this too. I'm feeling like the story/idea lacks sufficient direction and structure. If the original poster was around more or had at least made matters more clear than it would be different. As it stands there are too many questions going unanswered.

Kittenchan

I'm sorry... I have been busy trying to get a job and am being forced to work around the parents' house. I guess I'm going to have to try this again at a later date when I can make more time to help out.

Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs