The Prince: Corruption of Innocence (M/M, MUL) ALL ROLES ARE TAKEN!!!

Started by Aragem, October 15, 2008, 10:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Whatever the player playing the king wants.  He'll be the king afterall.  Within reason of course.  He could be a king lustful of his sons or ignorant of the coming and goings of his court.  Or perhaps manipulative or foolish. 

That is totally dependent on the player.  That's how much freedom I've given the players of this game.

Aragem

We have one more role to be filled.  If any players want to, they can play a second role of the king if no one claims it within one week from today.  If not, then I'll take the role, but I would rather a sixth player take the role.

Once we have all our players, we'll need to do a discussion about the story and get to know each other and just to go over the rules.

Now my question to you guys is, should we do the discussion in thie thread or shall I open up a The Prince: COI discussion thread?

Andy

Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Eren

Don't mind either way. We are going to need an eventual OOC thread, though. (I think so, at least.)

Aragem

Well, until we get the role of king filled, I guess we can do a Q&A here.  That is if any of you guys don't have any questions.

Andy

Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Aragem

How about this?  I'll go ahead and set up the OOC thread and the character sheet thread also? 

I'll place them in the Non-Consenual Human forum due to corruption and incest.

Just give me a moment to set them up and don't post your character sheets until I post Colm's that way you can see what information you have to give.  Also, don't forget, you have to have a picture of your character.  It can be anything from a celebrity's picture or a character from an anime or video game; if you are an artist, then you can supply your own picture of your character.

Just as a few things to keep in mind while creating your character's background.  King and the elder princes have been away at war.  The King was around long enough to conceive Colm, First Prince never laid eyes on Colm, and the Second Prince was around long enough to see Colm when he was a toddler.  They don't know each other and have never seen each other or seen each other for many years.  That isn't to say that no letters haven't been exchanged, but this is a fantasy medieval setting.  Getting and receiving letters took a lot a lot of time and sometimes never made it to the receiver.  Especially if the receiving is fighting a war.

Another note to Andy, since your character is a furry, think of a race name for him and his kind.  I'm imagining that furries would be second class citizens like they are in the book Wicked (if you haven't read, go read it, good read).

Eren

My first stupid question: How old should my character be?

Second, we should most likely determine what stuff (sexual and otherwise) everyone is okay with, just in case.

And I think that NC-H should be okay (though wouldn't Andy's character land us straight in Exotic?).

Aragem

Mmmmmmm, you do have a point with Andy being exotic.  However, this is mostly human.  However, I kinda already set up the threads, unless there is a way I can delete them or have them moved. . . . .  Ugh, that's what I get for rushing in without thinking. 

Age question:  Let's see, you are considered a man by the time you turn 16 in Galanor.  The last time your character sees Colm is in   You are old enough to go off to war and wed.  So by the time the game starts, Colm will be 16.  So 16 plus 16 might make your character around 32, however, if you want him to be younger, we COULD change the back ground story a bit and say that he had been away at school during Colm's childhood, but joined the war after his studies finished.  That way he's younger and he and Colm are still strangers. 

Eren

Well, you did say you'd like to make the king quite young, so the princes shouldn't be over twenty-twentyfive the most. I think that mine could be about 19 or so, and was simply shipped off to school at a very early age so that he never even saw his younger brother. Besides, playing someone younger is easier for me as well.

Aragem

Okay, I might have made a mistake by making the king so young. 

So let's do the math.

In Galanor, 16 is when you are considered a man.  That is the earliest that you can marry and start having a family. 

Crash will be 16 by the time the story starts. 

*as a side note, Andy's character the whipping boy will be sixteen too*

I'm doing the math and I now see what the problem is.  Both of his brothers will be well into their thirties by the time the story starts.  But it's very important to me that the elder brothers don't really know or seen Colm at all. 

Alright, here's what I'll do.

I'm going to do a small story change.

Let's say that it is tradition that each Prince attends a University that is off in a foreign land.  Studying abroad you might say.  That they go when they are 10 and stay for 6 years, coming home at age 16 to take jobs within the government.  However, due to the war, instead of taking their roles in the monarchy, they go off to war.  Now when the king came home for a short while and conceived Colm with the queen.  Later on, he became nervous about not having an heir for the crown due to both his older sons are fighting in the war that he ordered that Crash remain at the castle and they would hire a tutor from the school to teach him at home. 

So, deathstalker, how about your character be 23 years old.  He's 7 when Colm is born.  That's old enough to play with a baby and tot.  Goes off to school when Colm turns 3.

Eren

Aragem

So First Prince can be three years older making him 26.  So the King has to be at least 16 years older than the First Prince.  Making him 42 years old.  But that is dependent on the the player who plays the first prince.

Andy

RogueLady

Aragem

Neither side has actually won. ..  it's more like a ceasefire due to heavy casualties on both sides.  It's like, both sides said, "Hey, if this keeps up, we're both going to loose way more than what we're fighting for."  So a ceasefire was called between both nations and an ambassador was sent in hopes of writing up a peace treaty that will hold both interests of the nations.

Aragem

Aragem

Here is what I'm thinking of doing, if no one takes the role of the king by tomorrow, then I'll arrange it to where just the two older princes return home with the ambassador prince. 

Now is a good time to start posting character sheets so the other players can get to know your characters.  Then I'll begin the floor with a brushed up story started.  Now if there is anything that you may want to add to the story or any details you want worked out or questions you want to ask, now is the time to do so. 

However, bear in mind that there are limits to what can be changed at this point, since I have the background story pretty strong in my head.  But I am flexible and I will work with you within those limits.  I would like to see everyone try to contribute and make this fantasy story unique. 

The threads are in Non-Consensual Human since the majority of the characters are human.  If the thread needs to be moved to Non-Consenual Exotics due to Andy's character, I'll see about getting it moved over there.  But at this time, the character sheet thread is over there along with the discussion.  I'd like to begin playing the game by next week is at all possible.

Aragem

The role for King is still open to anyone who wants it.  PM me.

The game has started, but we are going to have the king come along later so that way the role is still open for anyone who wants it.

Aragem

Sorry folks, all roles have been filled and we'll be taking no more players at this time.  However, if we should feel the need to expand and add more players and characters to the story, this thread will be reopen with request for more players.

Thank you.