Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Quote from: Bibliophilia on March 21, 2016, 10:39:17 PM
I think those conditions are pretty good.

+1, can't really think of anything else at the moment.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aislinn

Something else I've been thinking about...I'm curious what everyone thinks about having a 'character list' attached to the story. Instead of this being a character list of people already involved in the story though, this would be a list of interesting characters that others would be interested in incorporating into the story at some point. I'm trying to design a story that will allow for other writers to join in along the way. I was thinking if we had a list of characters for them to glance over, inspiration might strike them. I know that sometimes I just get overwhelmed with decisions and would love a list to help me narrow down my choices.

Just a thought!
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Amelita

The conditions look fine to me, and a list of characters with possible future player tie-ins can't hurt :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Flower

Quote from: Amelita on March 22, 2016, 02:59:44 AM
The conditions look fine to me, and a list of characters with possible future player tie-ins can't hurt :)

+1

Aiden

Damn now that we lost a sheriff I want to make a bad guy, ala sheriff of Nottingham

Kokaine

Quote from: Aislinn on March 21, 2016, 11:13:26 PM
Something else I've been thinking about...I'm curious what everyone thinks about having a 'character list' attached to the story. Instead of this being a character list of people already involved in the story though, this would be a list of interesting characters that others would be interested in incorporating into the story at some point. I'm trying to design a story that will allow for other writers to join in along the way. I was thinking if we had a list of characters for them to glance over, inspiration might strike them. I know that sometimes I just get overwhelmed with decisions and would love a list to help me narrow down my choices.

Just a thought!

Is this just a list like, "I wanna see character x" in the game! or is it more like, "I was wanting to have Jack the Giant Slayer (and hunter of other creatures) to have come after Ruby when she was the Big Bad so I'd like to see her played" ?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Aislinn

Quote from: Kokaine on March 22, 2016, 08:33:55 AM
Is this just a list like, "I wanna see character x" in the game! or is it more like, "I was wanting to have Jack the Giant Slayer (and hunter of other creatures) to have come after Ruby when she was the Big Bad so I'd like to see her played" ?

It's more like, "Here's a list of characters that would fit in really well if you need some additional inspiration to find a character".
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

VonDoom

Fine with the conditions, though not entirely sure what a control character is (or that Emma is perfect as a savior, but that was probably ironic.  :P ;D )
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amelita

I took it as her being a GM character, used to push plots, story and game event type things

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Kokaine

Quote from: Aislinn on March 22, 2016, 10:06:39 AM
It's more like, "Here's a list of characters that would fit in really well if you need some additional inspiration to find a character".

Got it.

Also, if anyone wants to talk potential plots or connections either pre or post curse just let me know :)

My O/Os

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 21, 2016, 10:15:28 PM
Less approved and more like "saw your sheet...didn't see issues...let me know if you have issues" kind of thing....lol. I just got lazy and called it an approval.

I've been thinking about the 'conditions' of Storybrooke when the story opens. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on how Storybrooke is when Emma arrives so everyone has a solid base to start their stories from. 'Conditions' would be like....

#1 - Storybrooke is under curse #1 and protected from outsiders. The city does NOT get visitors....with the exception of Emma. Because of the curse, the townspeople acknowledge that visitors are rare but don't seem to think anything of it.

#2 - Henry Mills exists similarly to his character in the show but he is to never be used directly in any plot.

#3 -  For the purpose of having a 'control character', the character of Emma Swan will be almost identical to the tv version. Expect her to be heroic and brave and the perfect little savior.

What 'conditions' do you all think would be appropriate to start with?

Annnnnnnnd go!

Prior to the start of the story, everyone will need to agree to the 'conditions'.
These work. I like the compromised for Henry. Everything fits.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

VonDoom

Quote from: Kokaine on March 22, 2016, 11:03:10 AM
Also, if anyone wants to talk potential plots or connections either pre or post curse just let me know :)

I totally would! ... but we already did.  :'( Same offer to everyone else though. Anything you need, if you but pay the price. (Also Rumpel will probably own your home unless you're rich. Just saying.  :P )

He's close to canon outside specific character relation changes, so he still has the pawnshop, owns a lot of the local land and has his legal degree. I forget if he did canonically, but I'll say he's also willing to hand out legally documented loans.

O&O

Kokaine

Lol. True. I assume post curse Ruby just gives Mr. Gold not very well hidden dirty looks and has to be scolded by Granny on those occasions she can't help herself and mouths off? XD

My O/Os

Ember Star

Jazz lives above her shop. Her shop that she owns. All the civilized people hate her for it and don't let the little children go in the shop. This amuses her greatly.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Sergeant

I say yes to all those conditions!

Aislinn and I are still going over my char, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with Genie. Completely something different than the mirror in OUAT though, so having my own fun with creating him.

I do see him as a free man in my head, but perhaps somebody has a cool idea that they want to corporate Genie into their story as well?
He'll probably be some kind of handyman in the town post-curse. If you need something fixed, or a favor he's there for you. In a less, soul-sucking way that Rumple is, of course.  :P

VonDoom

Quote from: Ember Star on March 22, 2016, 11:34:41 AM
Jazz lives above her shop. Her shop that she owns. All the civilized people hate her for it and don't let the little children go in the shop. This amuses her greatly.

... why do people hate her for owning a shop? Am I missing something?

Quote from: Kokaine on March 22, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
Lol. True. I assume post curse Ruby just gives Mr. Gold not very well hidden dirty looks and has to be scolded by Granny on those occasions she can't help herself and mouths off? XD

Sounds appropriate to me!  :-)

O&O

Ember Star

Quote from: PocketWatch on March 22, 2016, 11:48:08 AM
I say yes to all those conditions!

Aislinn and I are still going over my char, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with Genie. Completely something different than the mirror in OUAT though, so having my own fun with creating him.

I do see him as a free man in my head, but perhaps somebody has a cool idea that they want to corporate Genie into their story as well?
He'll probably be some kind of handyman in the town post-curse. If you need something fixed, or a favor he's there for you. In a less, soul-sucking way that Rumple is, of course.  :P

Idk if you watched the Wonderland spin off. But Alice's love interest in that was actually a really cute genie. I think he was actually suppose to be the genie from Aladdin because for some strange reason they combined Aladdin and Wonderland to a point. Anyway. Point being, you might can take some ideas from that. Though I'd suggest not going completely canon even if you like the character, because the Wonderland spin off was very unpopular. Rightly so. Although I did like some of the characters from it. But they completely mucked up other characters.
Quote from: VonDoom on March 22, 2016, 11:58:52 AM
... why do people hate her for owning a shop? Am I missing something?

Sounds appropriate to me!  :-)
it's the kind of shop she owns. I'll post her mini sheet here for anyone who is curious 

Ember Star

Character Name: Storybook - Jazz Chenner. Pre-curse Identity - Jazzilaia, the Cheshire Cat
Canon or Off-Script Off script  'til the tea dries and the red queen chops off the last head.
Job in Storybook Owns a shop called "Madness Abides" which is kinda the local weird shop, hailing as something of a cross between a head shop, a new age store, and a Spencer's.
Character Concept Jazz is your friendly neighborhoodhood weird chick. Though most could guess as much with a glance at her shop, and the strange jewelry and trinkets she makes herself and sells at said shop. But then, what can one expect from a self described "odd one out". She just is who she is and she makes no apologies over the matter. She makes a perfectly fun acquaintance, if you don't rub her the wrong way. Friendly and cheerful, but sometimes moody. She's just doesn't fit in, nor does she want to. Fitting in after all, is so very unexciting.
Level of Control I prefer absolute control over my characters, especially a character like Jazz that is my own original character that I've had for some years. I'm rather possessive and protective. That said, I am easy to work with, plot with, and will listen to GM advice and help in anything.
Face Claim Kristina Larkina

As you can imagine, she has "dirty" things in the shop as well.

Kokaine

I can't decide if Ruby would like or dislike her. I could see the wolf/cat thing being being an odd source of subconscious tension for Ruby.

My O/Os

VonDoom

Mr. Gold may occasionally look in to see if she has any items worth adding to his collection. Maybe offer the odd (probably unwanted) advice since he knows his business.

Was she an actual (magical) cat with interesting denture, pre-curse? Some manner of shapeshifter, perhaps? For all I know it could be a nickname only if she's catty.  ;D

Also, how separate a realm do you want Wonderland to have been? It seems to have been fairly uninfluenced by outside factors canon-wise, Cora being the notable exception.

Quote from: PocketWatch on March 22, 2016, 11:48:08 AM

Oh, come on, no twisting of wishes? Think of all the fun! Classic jinn are wonderfully wicked forces of nature!  >:)

A good handyman is certainly useful though, especially to a landowner. Would you care to be on retainer? Basically being the go-to for people living in homes Rumpel owns in exchange for a discount. Depending on what needs fixing, he'd get pay from Rumpel or the people renting ... assuming that works like over here. Like if something is wrong with the home itself or within the walls the owner has to pay, otherwise if it's a machine or damage caused by the renting party they'll have to pay? I haven't a clue. But should be good business either way.

O&O

Ember Star

She was a shape shifter but even in human magical form, she wasn't fully human. More of a neko-jin. Below are her magical firm's, both humanoid and cat.

She actually does have a fair bit of magical ability, albeit in a Cheshire Cat way. She's also older than she looks, though how old I'm sure nobody knows, even she doesn't keep count. I do see her having had run in with Rumple. She knows everything going on and has a wealth of sneaky knowledge few could hope to equal, even Rumple. But she primarily keeps her information to herself. As for wonderland, we did end up with Cora, Knave, and Hatter in the canon main storyline. If we have them here, is yet to be seen. I personally think it's a rather good idea to keep Wonderland relatively isolated. Wonderland isn't a place that mixes well with outside interference. That said, in previous games, Jazz's collar allowed her to cross between realms at will. Somewhat like Hatters hat did in Once. So she could be well traveled. But I'll have to go over that with Aislinn, because being able to freely cross realms is a rather powerful thing in the Once universe.

VonDoom

Quote from: Ember Star on March 22, 2016, 12:37:06 PM
She knows everything going on and has a wealth of sneaky knowledge few could hope to equal, even Rumple.

;D

O&O

Ember Star

Quote from: VonDoom on March 22, 2016, 12:44:09 PM

;D
*echoing giggling*

I should note though that she's not evil. Nor is she exactly good. She's a grayline character.

VonDoom

Quote from: VonDoom on March 22, 2016, 12:21:03 PM
Oh, come on, no twisting of wishes? Think of all the fun! Classic jinn are wonderfully wicked forces of nature!  >:)

A good handyman is certainly useful though, especially to a landowner. Would you care to be on retainer? Basically being the go-to for people living in homes Rumpel owns in exchange for a discount. Depending on what needs fixing, he'd get pay from Rumpel or the people renting ... assuming that works like over here. Like if something is wrong with the home itself or within the walls the owner has to pay, otherwise if it's a machine or damage caused by the renting party they'll have to pay? I haven't a clue. But should be good business either way.

@PocketWatch Re-quoting since I edited it in a bit late and replies came soon after.  :-)

O&O

Amelita

This is Meg!

Character Name: Megan Holden (Megara)
Canon or Off-Script: Off-Script
Job in Storybrooke: daycare / legal secretary

Character Concept: Megan runs a small daycare in the morning and works as a legal secretary after lunch. She hates and loves both jobs at the same time, but feels compelled to keep the secretary one and has a secret soft spot for kids that she won't admit to herself at all. She's looking for love, security and a sense of self worth, and once she'll learn more about her own history she'll find the reasons for that in there. Heartbreak, tragedy, and unshakable deals...

Level of control: Open to mostly whatever
Face Claim: Olivia Wilde