Decent web based chat room!

Started by Mascherano22, April 21, 2016, 05:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mascherano22

Hello guys,

I am interested to know about web based chat app. Which one do you use basically? I want to know because I have build a new website recently want to put chat room onto it. But don't have better knowledge which should I use. I am looking for a decent and low cost chat service.

Thanks for your time!

Vekseid

CaptainNexus616

I would suggest Discord. Its free to make an account, its fast, and even has a phone app to download for free as well.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mascherano22

Well I started researching on my own then. I made a lot of research in finding a chatroom for my website. I used envolve for a while till they closed up, pitty. I tried IRC but I truly did not like the look and feel and the "mess" of text in there.

I had several points which are important to me.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, Chatwing and Newchater. I choose Chatwing finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Mascherano22

hey guys i will give a quick update about my experience using Chatwing so far.

1. most important, my users are very satisifed with it.

2. it has been working really smooth and feels great to have a cloud chat and not rely on servers and hosting anymore.

3. the Chatwing android and iOS app have been a greta way for myself and moderators to keep control of the chat and get alerts when their is new activity.

4. my users also use the chatwing apps so they can stay connected to my website chats

5. the chat has helped increase the number of visitors and also the amount of time they spend on my website.

6. as far as pricing chatwing is by far the best value on the web, i pay $11.20 per month for unlimited usage in my chat, on other chat services they limit usage for say 250 users will cost you $50 per month. Chatwing also has a free version that let's you have unlimited usage too which is really nice just lacks a couple features i wanted like uploading my logo and hiding the chatwing name.

conclusion, give Chatwing a try if your looking for a chat room to put on your website it's perfect.

Lady Shadow

I don't know if this is still relevant, but for those that like to chat I recommend the following sites:

I had Yahoo, and when that closed most of them migrated over to Paltalk which is a program based chat that you have to download but totally worth it. I had the most fun there and have been a paid member for over three years (you don't have to pay, only if you want to view cams, chatting is free).

Chat Avenue has been the best experience in recent months. They have many different chats, General Chat, Singles Chat, Adult Chat and others and its web based so there is nothing to download, just type in a username and chat!

And last but not least, there is Wireclub, which isn't the best, but at least its a web based chat, but you have to sign up for that one.

Hope that helped anyone that's looking to chat!
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~