Where would I post...?

Started by HeyThereLittleBear, February 28, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyThereLittleBear

I'm not sure where I should post something.

I'd like to put together a bunch of my post examples so people can see my writing style, post length, etc.

Where would I post that?
Chill me, thrill me
Fill me with fantastic terrors never felt before
Nameless here, forevermore.

Ons / Offs

RedPhoenix

In an on/off thread or an a/a type thread is usually a good place to put that stuff! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Blythe

I would recommend placing it in your Ons and Offs thread. I wouldn't use an Apologies and Absences thread, as those are not looked at as often by potential writing partners.

Some individuals, when making a long-term request thread for roleplays, will add a post in that request thread with samples of their writing as well.

MasterMischief

Another thing I have noticed about Apologies and Absences threads is other people often post replies there, so things might get lost in all the posts.  Most people do not post in other people's O/Os thread.

jouzinka

Quote from: MasterMischief on February 28, 2014, 08:53:12 PMMost people do not post in other people's O/Os thread.
Unless things changed, I think we're not supposed to reply to O&Os threads other than our own.  ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Lilias

Quote from: jouzinka on March 01, 2014, 03:21:30 AM
Unless things changed, I think we're not supposed to reply to O&Os threads other than our own.  ;)

Nothing has changed. One's O/O thread is for them alone. If someone else posts on your thread, you can contact staff to have the post removed. PM contact, on the other hand, is highly recommended.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

Quote from: Lilias on March 01, 2014, 07:34:25 AM
Nothing has changed. One's O/O thread is for them alone. If someone else posts on your thread, you can contact staff to have the post removed. PM contact, on the other hand, is highly recommended.

It shouldn't be possible to post in any thread except your own.

jouzinka

I can see a quick reply and a reply button on every thread I open in the O&Os - Lords, Ladies, Lieges...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Jag

Quote from: jouzinka on March 01, 2014, 09:09:35 AM
I can see a quick reply and a reply button on every thread I open in the O&Os - Lords, Ladies, Lieges...

Yeah. I just went into a random Liege thread and it was going to let me reply to it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment