5th Ed Game - Any

Started by Lyku, April 15, 2016, 10:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

So I am looking to be a player for a 5th Ed DND game.  I don't care about level or even theme.  Just looking to maybe cast some spells or stab things.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

There is couple games interest checks in group requests area. One play as villains and another is game of thrones themed.

RubySlippers

I'm working on updating an older campaign setting think an ocean world not quite Waterworld there are islands some quite large but not many big ones, think British Isles is BIG and most land masses are more a few miles wide.

So knowing how to swim is a big deal and note metals are uncommon to rare so thinks like weapons using it costs a lot more than in the book a longsword usually costs 150 gp. But none metal weapons are used Sharktooth Weapons, clubs, staves and so forth. Armor is also affected but if you want to wear chain mail on a ship go ahead. Magic items are uncommon think around but basically potions of healing and such can be found and spell user are more uncommon but not disrespected I'll allow one arcane user and one divine user in the band since your special.

If anyone is interested it would start at Level 2 and your going to know each other being raised in one of the floating atolls think a village that floats and is anchored in place well the meet at the tavern and decide to go off adventuring. And your going to get a new ship, well a sailing schooner, suited to a small number of people.

hellrazoromega

Oh that concept sounds interesting.

greenknight

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 10, 2016, 05:22:16 PM
I'm working on updating an older campaign setting think an ocean world not quite Waterworld there are islands some quite large but not many big ones, think British Isles is BIG and most land masses are more a few miles wide.

So knowing how to swim is a big deal and note metals are uncommon to rare so thinks like weapons using it costs a lot more than in the book a longsword usually costs 150 gp. But none metal weapons are used Sharktooth Weapons, clubs, staves and so forth. Armor is also affected but if you want to wear chain mail on a ship go ahead. Magic items are uncommon think around but basically potions of healing and such can be found and spell user are more uncommon but not disrespected I'll allow one arcane user and one divine user in the band since your special.

If anyone is interested it would start at Level 2 and your going to know each other being raised in one of the floating atolls think a village that floats and is anchored in place well the meet at the tavern and decide to go off adventuring. And your going to get a new ship, well a sailing schooner, suited to a small number of people.
I did a lot of the mechanics for a Dark Sun plug-in for a home game. Let me know if you're interested.

Do you have any ideas to emphasize swimming in 5th? I ask because the basic rules assume you just swim at half speed and armor, etc., have no effect.  My simple ideas:

• DC10 Strength (Athletics) check to swim at half your speed.
  • Armor affects Strength (Athletics) checks to swim in the in a similar way it affects Dexterity modifiers to AC and Dexterity (Stealth). Thus, medium armor restricts the Strength bonus to +2 and scale mail imposes disadvantage on the check.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150