Previous topic - Next topic

Le Immortelle

Red Sonja: The She-Devil with a Sword

Genre: Sword & Sorcery
Pairing: F/M, F/F
Forum: Extreme
Role Sought: Anyone you wish
Seeking to Play: Red Sonja

So as some of the members on E know, I absolutely adore Red Sonja in most of her incarnations but my favorite has to be the run written by Gail Simone [although recent one by Amy Chu is good bit of fun in its own right!] and as I come off a small revisit of that series, I’ve had a hankering to write more stories featuring She-Devil with a Sword.

I would like to play Red Sonja and here’s few brief kernels which could be developed into any stories the way we see fit.

1.   Sonja the Mercenary – Traversing the dangerous lands and more than willing to take on any job whatsoever for good bit of coin, Sonja is ruthless, pragmatic perhaps in this version, her moral compass is little bit skewed. But she’s a woman of her word and once you have her services, she would stop at nothing to ensure the job is completed. This perhaps works best with a GM who lays out various adventures for her.

2.   Sonja the Bodyguard – Perhaps asked to be the protector to someone important during one of her stops in some particular empire. Could be a naïve, youthful prince, some other political/religious figure or the King/Queen themselves or even someone else. They are under threat. Plenty of room for political shenanigans and action and drama in equal measures. This could go in any trajectory ranging from journeys to summits to more daily routine in the big city to finding more deeper conspiracies and her own employers being exactly not as noble as they might have seemed.

3.   A Steampunk Adventure – Transposing Red Sonja into steampunk take on the low fantasy/sword and sorcery world. Fascinating tech that’s evolving at a rapid pace. A world where old values of honor and honesty are eroding and replaced by a more materialistic ones as man thinks he can control everything through the power of science.

4.   Sonja the Conqueror – Perhaps a not so nice take with Sonja being the very sort that she occasionally goes against. A bloodthirsty warlord. This is rather open and can be tweaked in any way we see fit.

5.   Sonja in Modern Day World – Taking cue from recent series, perhaps an arch rival casts a spell and transports Sonja in contemporary world. Trying to deal with contemporary tech and maybe teaming up with a geeky archaeologist/cryptographer as she tries to find a way to return back where she came from and complete the job that she had undertaken.

6.   Sonja & Conan – Ah the classic pair, who doesn’t love that? Nothing much needs to be said here other than it’s an idea mine of its own.

7.   Red Sonja: The Martian Chronicles – I love the prospect of a crossover with John Carter of Mars and Sonja somehow being transported to Mars to meet Carter/Dejah Thoris in Helium. Maybe she’s even summoned to Mars through some mystical spell or science to aid Helium during some time of peril.

8.   Sonja the Displaced – Credit to RedPhoenix for this. A down on her luck girl from the modern world wakes up one day to find herself in a very different land, in a very different body. Why has a nobody from the future awoken in the Hyborean days? What secrets must she unravel to return? Would she even want to? If this premise gets your mind whirling let me know where it is taking you, I may want to come along for the ride. Possibilities include a partner character who is transported back with her, who could be either a total stranger or a someone they know very well. Bonus points if my character is a closet transgirl in the future and ends up loving her life in Hyborea, and maybe decides to try to convince yours to stick around with hers and enjoy it.

All of these ideas are largely malleable and up to me and potential partner to figure out where to take them. If you have something in mind of your own, I would love to hear that as well. Please PM me if you’re interested in some action filled fun stuff in Hyborean world with a chainmail bikini wearing, ass kicking, powerful heroine. Lords/Ladies/Lieges/Legates all are welcome. Thanks for reading this.