Honor & Deception: A Medieval Fantasy Roleplay (Closed)

Started by Hatchet, September 24, 2018, 10:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatchet

Die Like Dogs

For a more indepth look, please click the link above. I would highly recommend you pick a plot first before you read that thread in its entirety. Please do not try to read it in one go, I wouldn't wish that punishment upon anyone! Take your time with it and feel free to ask me questions even if we don't end up writing together.

This land is not for the faint of heart. Knavory is a vast realm filled with monsters and magic waiting to kill you at each and every corner, twist and turn until you perish. Tyrants rule these lands, killing their own kin and staking claim to lands from far beyond their borders while pillaging villages, killing innocents, and setting fire to everything in their path. Others lie, cheat, and steal their way to survival, making sure they're always one step ahead of the rest whether it be a common thief or a wealthy baron lording over an impoverished village. Even so, evil takes many forms but no prisoners.

But perhaps you are not like them, you are no thief or tyrant but instead that of a noble soul and a caring heart. A healer, a knight, a humble farmer, but how will they trust you? Do you seek refuge from the darkness that plagues this deceitfully beautiful realm or do you strive to right the wrongdoings of those before you? Perhaps you may even lead a quiet life, in the mountains or as a traveling merchant able to see the world in all its imperfections within the beauty.

So I suppose the real question is who are you, stranger, and what is your ideal fantasy? Never the matter though, no need to dream or fret about it. For you will fall as quickly as you were birthed.

Greetings

Hello and allow me to welcome you to my second request thread. This unlike my previous one exists solely to find role-play partners interested in an extensive fantastical story that takes place in a Norse, medieval, Game of Thrones, Tolkien inspired world of my creation. The realm in question, Knavory is a world I have been crafting since the ninth grade and with that I am very attached to it. So attached that I wish to share it with those willing to have a large and long plot story with violence, romance, carnal pleasures, and most of all, intertwining stories.

Knavory is massive and within the thread I provided up top which will take you to the world building thread, it likes to remind the reader just how large of a world it is. I encourage those who want to role-play with me not to focus on one single character or pairing but instead branch off into multiple, well developed characters each with their own sets of boons and banes, personalities, professions, and goals they intent to reach throughout the story.

Please give me a link or run down of your O/O thread or at least what you do not want to see in our stories as everyone has different tastes. Here is my O/O thread which I ask every partner to read before getting into a story with me. If you are interested in another story with me I would suggest you check out my regular request thread, but I my muse leans toward Knavory in all circumstances. Finally, my A/A thread is typically kept up to date if I'm not going to be posting for a while and has a list of my current threads if you want to get a feel for my writing style.

The entire point of this request thread is that after many years of building and changing and revamping this world I am very willing to share it with the rest of you, letting go of my control over it and allow it to be more liquid rather than just a solid chunk with me lording over it. The entire point of the world is for you to do whatever you want. Be a king? Got it, be a mage? Sure. Simple farmer? Absolutely, I said anything. There is so much you can do here, almost like in Skyrim where you don't have to follow the main story line and make it your own just as much as it is mine.

All characters mentioned within the world build thread and this thread are all able to be paired with. If you'd like to play against Atlas or Cynister that is most welcome. If wanting to play against the deities or Mathias, again that is also welcomed. I will be updating reoccurring characters within my world building thread every now and then if a character rudely interrupts my day to day life as they normally do.

Please join me in this fantastical adventure in making each and every story in this world unique and awesome, I myself can't wait!

| Rainbow Writer ~ Lover of Eros ~ New Writer Friendly |

Hatchet

Current Plot Musings

The way this works is I will have a main plot or two posted. This means that our characters will be played in the midst of whatever bullshit is going on this time in Knavory. Normally, these main plots are war efforts or a large prophecy the gods are freaking out over as every day passes. These stories, while I would still like a large amount of romance elements, are not always going to be about our pairings. It could be about how each of our characters interact with the world around them or deal with their own demons as they are thrust into the frey. If you are looking for a hands on experience in this world or are interested in massive amounts of character growth and strife, I highly recommend checking out the main plots.

Mini plots are more character centered and heavy on relationships. Sure, the main plotline would still be happening, but it's more of a background thing and mini plots do not affect the entirety, or large portions of Knavory. These settings are a bit more fluid and use Knavory as what it is, just a setting as characters in mini plots are more centered and the stories are more and more about their relationships with one another rather than also how they deal with a looming conflict. If you're looking for a more romantic and slice of life experience, I would highly recommend looking through the mini plots.

As I continue to write and brainstorm, both plot sections will get bigger and bigger. If there is a story that you would like to do that you think would fit nicely in Knavory and its lore, please do not hesitate to bring it forward. Please keep in mind if you do have ideas outside of the plots here, please message me with a clear outline of a plot and pairing you want to write. Please don't message me if you don't have any ideas for me to build off of. Anywho...As always, if anything here perks your interest, please PM me your ideas.

Main Plots

Here Is Your Answer.

For centuries, Emperor Evelyn Matillas has ordered her armies to encroach upon Reynir's lands from the ice bridge to the west. Knoxian naval ships have begun closing in and taking aim as soldiers march around through the perilous mountain ranges that surround the peninsula that the sea faring humans of Reynir call home. Her people can only rely on the frigid cold and vicious mountains for so long before Evelyn's army breaks through and descends like hawks to a hare in an open field. Their steel while well crafted and deadly, can only do so much to the plate armor and sheer numbers of the empire's fleet. Evelyn has devoted much of her resources in new technology, many of which that would be introduced at the break of an oncoming war against humankind.

Reynir is simple a testing site. The emperor will not leave her castle to settle such a trivial pursuit as she only seeks to have the outcomes delivered to her along with the head of Reynir's king. What the Knoxian ruler did not count on, was just how difficult it is to wipe out a civilization in one sweep of her army's movements. Perhaps that stupid myth of the Silver Fang as Reynir's protector is becoming more and more of a reality as blizzards and avalanches start picking off Evelyn's fleet, one by one. Her patience is growing thin, perhaps she herself should pay the lands a visit if these disposables don't start begging for mercy upon their knees.

This one is straight forward, there is a war brewing between a stupidly powerful empire that seeks to conquer the entire northern regions of Knavory and probably more if given the chance. The humans of Reynir are heavily based on what we call Vikings in our world, and like the Vikings of our world, these individuals are incredibly hardy and stubborn. Since this is a main plot, you have quite a few options at your disposal:

Your character could be of the resistance in Reynir, fighting and patrolling the land and seas for enemies led astray by the harsh climate, or perhaps your character is the enemy and attempts to raid smaller villages outside of Reynir's eye. If you wanted to play it big, you could possibly pair up with Evelyn herself as a trusted ally and lover as she descends into madness over what she believed to be simple campaign. I don't have a particularly narrow plot idea, this is a main plot for a reason, so this one has a lot of creative liberty. This plot is not meant to be solved by the end of our story (it can be if we plot it that way, but that's not my endgame) our story would just be in the midst of all this. 

Mini Plots

Beast Hunters

More and more assassinations have been reported in the major trading hubs like Algor and Ellibryde, most of which were carried out perfectly with the target murdered. Officers have been able to find one thing in common with each murder, the victims were neither of elven species or human. Fae creatures such as fauns, centaurs, chimera, and even on one occurrence, a dragon had been killed. Depending on the species, fauns had their horns and antlers removed, centaurs scalped, and the fangs removed from the dragon and chimera species with the assassin nowhere to be found.

This particular plot is a bit cliche, I know...But I like those stockholmy stories especially those revolving around assassination attempts and whatnot. Perhaps the assassin's target this time is a noble or an elder dragon with a hoard stacked as tall as a mountain, who knows? I would preferably not play the assassin in this storyline but I'm not opposed to it. Pairing-wise I usually enjoy MxM but I'm up for MxF if given a good PM reply. There isn't much to it, perhaps a little back and forth spats, threats of murder, little blood spilled here and there, and both characters wondering if killing each other is worth it in the end.

Serenity Before the Storm

Farm life in Knavory has never been an easy task, in fact most would call it ungrateful and backbreaking work. Briar has been a stable hand since he was twelve years old. His parents passed when he was young and due to a food shortage and petty thievery, he was never given to a rightful home. Instead, the boy worked from farm to farm, cleaning, cooking, breaking horses, tending to livestock, and planting crops. His life is nothing at all special, and is always quite simple. Now at eighteen, the young man can still barely read or write due to his work being more hands on than brainpowered, but he always is as sweet as can be. Though he enjoys his work, he's beginning to become more and more unhappy at his situation. He at least works at a singular farm now, but crops are declining and war efforts are tearing apart salaries and wages to the point the higher level workers are begging for scraps. He can't help but wonder how much longer he really will have before the farmland is scorched and his livestock lay dead and full of arrows.

This is more slice of life than anything. I've had Briar in the back of my mind for years, a tall young human man with curly brown hair and freckles, sweet as apple pie and a little dense. Briar is not stupid by any means, but he has a tendency to...Block out when people are talking to him, especially when he's working. I just kinda want him to be with someone, man or woman that could make his life a little bit more interesting. At some point, that last little bit there, I do intend to throw him and his significant other into a bit of turmoil as battles and wars start making their way out into the farmlands across Knavory. Again, this is just some sweet story I want in an otherwise beautiful but gruesome land.

Unexpected Encounter

Depending on where you are, Knavory's winters can either be bone chillingly devastating, or a beauty to behold. It is said that when fall moves to winter, Ryuujin, the god of death and knowledge will descend upon the middle realm to watch from afar. Taking the form of a white staf, its fur long and beautiful and horns shaped from birch trees with the tips hardened like carved obsidian. Very few have ever stared into the beast's eyes and lived to tell the tale, not due to Ryuujin being violent, but to the mere shock of seeing the death god as a thing of beauty.

To be straightforward, I would like a love story between my coldest, bored god and your character. The character's gender does not matter as Ryuujin finds himself disinterested in anyone and everyone due to his brooding nature. This could go a few ways, perhaps your character is a hunter and an arrow misses its mark and well...Wouldn't shooting a god in the flank make for an interesting start? Gods are not known well for their patience and understanding, you know. Perhaps we could do something different, your character is being chased by soldiers or bandits and the white steed charges in a deed of good morals. Either way, basking in a god's presence is something that many in more lifetimes than one could count would dream of. I'd like this to be a slow burn romance, perhaps your character has something that keeps Ryuujin coming back before he begins to court your character. Warm his heart a little, indulge him, it isn't just everyday someone is within Death's favor.

Hatchet