Interest Check: Teen Titans?

Started by Wolfy, January 08, 2011, 02:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Of course, first and foremost, all characters would have to be 16 and older.

but..anyway, would anyone be interested in a Teen Titans RP? I see at least 5 heroes, with however many villains. Perhaps a new group of Titans in the North or west? Hmm...

Mystic Dragon

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

LeoStar

So up for this, i'm guessing original characters

Mhina

Wolfy

Original characters, yes. I'd like to have it be 3 males and 2 female, though we could reverse that if people wish. (and I'm not limiting it to just males or females...you can be Futa or Herm if you desire)

Villains can be any sex, of course.

LeoStar

i'm  probably gona play a girl in this. are you going to use a system for the game or are we doing freeform?

Wolfy

Freeform. Systems make a game too long and honestly, from what I've seen, can more often than not kill an RP faster than anything else. :/

Xiphon III

I'm in. Technopath an okay power set? I would mostly act as "Mission Control." Also, is this the animated or comic canon? Just so
I know whether some events occurred or not...

EDIT:: He's from an old TT RP. Would you be averse to him?

Quote from: XiphoniiiUsername:
-Character Name: Honip A. Vale, Hero name Xiphon
-Sexual Orientation: Straight
-Description or Image:
-Weapons and/or powers: Technopath. Due to his inexperience, this currently manifests itself in merely being really good with machines and computers, more than any human has a right to be. It will evolve later.
-Other: A pair of black combat boots he made himself. Contain steam Jets in the bottom, allowing limited flight, and various other effects. One pocket on each side of each boot with a knife, slightly smaller than a dagger, for both melee combat and throwing. He calls them the Negrons
Also, extremely Genre Saavy. Is usually a Magnificent Bastard, minus the evil, and is known to play Xanatos Speed Chess on a regular basis, usually resulting in a Thirty Xanatos Pileup.
-Titan

And yes, I am evil for linking you to TVtropes. Four times.

Wolfy

Well, I've only seen the animated. But then again, from what I can tell, the Animated show was actually a pretty good representation of the comics.

LeoStar

Username: Leostar
Character name : Sunna daughter of sol
Sexual orientation : Straight
Pictures:
normal

transformed:

Powers: ability to control and produce fire she can also fly, can and will burn clothes of when she turns powers on. Powers become somewhat uncontrolled the more emotional she is.

History: Sunna is the daughter of the Norse god of the sun SOL. She was banished to earth by her mother after helping some humans during a winter storm. Her mother stating that it was not the gods place to help mortals. After being banished to earth she roamed around for a while learning about humans and their ways. While on her travels she heard of powerful people trying to save the human race from evil forces and decided to use her now limited godly powers to help them.

Personality :
she’s a very emotional character, this does not help her much as she some times looses control of her powers after getting very emotional. She still retains some of her arrogance from being a god and does not like to be treated badly, such as being left waiting or ignored by people. She’s highly intelligent when it comes to history, geography, astronomy and biology but most highly advanced technology is beyond her. She can use a phone, but don’t ask her how it works.

Wolfy

Now I need to decide if I want to play a male or female. :/

We still need 3 more characters. 2 more Titans, a Villain, and perhaps a Sixth Ranger that can be brought in sometime later.

Xiphon III

Yes, the animated was quite good. The team was a bit smaller(the comics have around ten to fifteen at any one time, with some rotating membership. Static shock is actually a member at this point, hehehe...), but most of the canon regarding the members that WERE included is the same. The only really big thing is Slade Wilson. In the originals, he was nowhere NEAR their main villain. More of a batman guy, he's basically just a merc. He got hired to take them out a few times, that's about it. Not Robin's dad, or however that turned out...But, I digress. Animated series. Got it. As for where, I'm thinking we could be a new continental titans. Titans international or something like that, perhaps?

Wolfy

Quote from: Xiphon III on January 08, 2011, 09:37:34 PM
Yes, the animated was quite good. The team was a bit smaller(the comics have around ten to fifteen at any one time, with some rotating membership. Static shock is actually a member at this point, hehehe...), but most of the canon regarding the members that WERE included is the same. The only really big thing is Slade Wilson. In the originals, he was nowhere NEAR their main villain. More of a batman guy, he's basically just a merc. He got hired to take them out a few times, that's about it. Not Robin's dad, or however that turned out...But, I digress. Animated series. Got it. As for where, I'm thinking we could be a new continental titans. Titans international or something like that, perhaps?

That could work..then we could all be from Different backgrounds/countries.

And Slade in the Animated series was actually pretty similar to a merc, at least later, when Trigon showed up and became the main villain (Or perhaps he was the main villain all along. It was never explained exactly WHY Slade was going against them, besides for "Teh Evils"

Xenolord

If you all are okay with it, I don't mind being evil. I like it, as a matter of fact. I would totally be evil for you.

Mhina

Let me think of a character, I'll try to post it later today.

Wolfy

Xiphon III

For Teh Evulz? And yeah, I guess so. It seemed he had some obsession with Robin, but I guess that never got addressed. Anyways, yeah, if that guy above works, I'll stick with him...but if we're doing international, I'll want to tweak him just a bit. Where's our base gonna be? And is this Titans or Future Titans era. Like, is this when Robin and the others were kicking it, or has Robin gone Nightwing, Raven Solo, etc.?

Wolfy

I'm not sure. I guess it could be Titans Future. :P

Xiphon III

Alright, cool. And my personal nomination for our base of operations: Mesopotamia. Seriously, smack dab in the middle of Europe, Asia, AND Africa. That, or Hawaii or a space station. Super heroes like being hard to reach. Islands and space do both, and space gives the benefit of being truly "International." And sorry if all the questions bug you, but it's mildly vital to my character, no matter how contradictory that sounds. Are we already together? Or will we roleplay our meeting?

HollowX

I'd be interested in playing as well, if you don't mind. I can get acharacter sheet ready by tomorrow I think.

Wolfy

I figure the team will be just coming together and to their base for the first time...:P Girls checking out guys, Guys checking out girls, the usual Teen thing when first meeting.

Xenolord

Okay, since I didn't hear any complaining when I opted in, I'm going to assume it's okay to go forward with the villain idea. So, yea, character.

Player: Xenolord

Name: Andrin the Destroyer

Height: 6'10" (In the Suit)

Weight: 345 lbs (In the Suit)

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Pictures: As much as I hate using it as an example, the best base for his armor is probably Halo Influenced. The differences here are as follows: A helmet resembling a dragon's skull, in which the eyes are the visor, larger, bladed shoulder pads, a cape, and ditch those silly daggers, and replace them with this bad boy.

Powers: Andrin's powers are of a pure technical nature. His armor is a powered battle suit stolen from secret government designs and modified for his own use, utilizing a miniature nuclear reactor to power (Only one of it's kind). His suit also grants him the ability to hover and, while he can move while hovering, it's not fast enough to be considered flying. The armor is a reactive organic compound which can acutally repair itself (Slowly) over time. His boots come equipped with Magnalocks to lock onto magnetic surfaces, and instant ballast to sink or rise in water. His suit is pressure sealed, and is usable under water. No actual 'powers' to speak of, attack mainly with his scythe.

History: The man behind the suit is a mystery, even his name unknown, so a full background check could not be completed. 'Andrin' first appeared around five years ago, doing small-time stuff at first (knocking over liquor stores, simple muggings, you name it) however, in recent months, he's stepped up to full time villainous deeds (Including the aided escape of a very dangerous supervillain. His armor is reported to be nigh impervious to bullets and most conventional weapons, tank rounds being the only real effective weapon readily available. Wielding his weapon like a trained killer, Andrin is believed to be male, mid thirties to early forties, with a history of a troubled past, and a possible rap sheet. Andrin himself has a rap sheet longer then he is tall, which is six ten in the suit.

Personality: Cold, cruel, effective, and sadistic, Andrin can only be described as a heartless monster. Murder and destruction are his past times, and he is not afraid to wound, or worse, any civilian that gets in his way. He is often seen using civilian deaths as a way of drawing out his true prey (Police and super heroes) into the open. A few have reported him taking hostages, but their fates, and whereabouts, are unknown.

Hope this is okay.

who149

Alright- I'm interested. Just give me some time to make up a character. Probably going to be a Hero, bad-ass normal  type (like robin, and batman).

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Cool. Rock it, who! We don't seem to have any of those yet(unless Mister Halo counts...I'm not sure under the armor...).

HollowX

I can be either a hero or villain, the way I made the character I got a couple of sentences can lead him one way or the other.