Gamblin' in the Black: A game based in the Firefly 'verse

Started by Michael Corvus, June 10, 2011, 05:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Corvus

Gamblin' In The Black
Co-GM's - Michael Corvus & PearlRuby Cassiopeia LovesReading2

"After the earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of earths were terraformed and colonized.
The central planets formed the Alliance and decided all the planets had to join in under their rule. There was . . . some disagreement on that point. After the war, many of the Independents who had fought and lost drifted to the edges of the system, far from Alliance control. Out here people struggle to get by with the most basic technologies. A ship would bring you work, a gun would help you keep it. A captain's goal was simple: find a crew, find a job, keep flying." ~ Shepherd Derrial Book

April, 2519. Six months removed from the Miranda broadwave. The entire 'verse now knows the truth; The Alliance government used Miranda as a testing ground for the chemical agent G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate, or simply "Pax." It was added to the planet's air processors in order to calm the population and weed out aggression. The agent worked all too well: 99.9% of the population became so passive that they stopped working, talking, and eventually eating and moving. They simply lay down and succumbed to death. The remaining "tenth of a percent" of the planet's 30 million people had the opposite reaction to the Pax, becoming mindlessly violent and extremely aggressive. In fact, the scientist is killed by a Reaver while delivering the message.

Following the events of Miranda, the Alliance sealed all records regarding the event and deemed the world unsuitable for colonization. When Reavers began attacking outer colonies only a few officials within the Alliance knew the real cause. The Alliance maintains that the Miranda broadwave was an elaborate hoax put on my Independence sympathizers, though they are taking no chances, gearing up for another galactic conflict as rumors abound that another rebellion is imminent.

Fearing the reprisal of the totalitarian Alliance regime upon the people of the 'verse, those loyal to the Independents during the war are working hard to secretly muster all veterans while recruiting as many new Browncoats as possible in preparation for an all out war.

Captain Griffin Kingston and the motley crew of "The Gamble," a midbulk transport ship, take whatever work they can find to keep them in the black and under the Alliance radar while people across the 'verse are up in arms over the horrifying events that took place on Miranda.

Will there be another War of Independence, or will justice be done and peace prevail? Join the crew of "The Gamble" and discover what adventures lay in store! There's no such thing as a sure thing. You got a ship, got a crew, got a gun? Well good on you, but you're still just ... "Gamblin' in the black."

Character Sheet

Please do not post character sheet submissions here. PM them to my co-GM, PearlRuby, and myself. Thank you. :)

Character Sheet

[hr]
[center][size=24pt][font=georgia][b]Your Character's Name[/b][/font][/size]
[link=top]back to top[/link][/center]
[hr]

[float=left][img]url to your character's image[/img][/float]
[size=12pt][font=georgia][b]Played by:[/b] Your Elliquiy username
[b]Job:[/b] Your character's position on the ship.
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Planet of origin:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b] (the style of dress your character prefers and is usually seen wearing)
[b]Equipment:[/b] (just a list of the items the character usually has on their person and the big, key items they own, like a big gun)
[b]History:[/b] Explain how your character gained the skills they have and how they came to be a crew member of The Gamble.
[b]Persona:[/b] Please describe your character's view of the 'verse and how they interact with the people that surround them.[/font][/size]

[center]******
[link=top]back to top[/link][/center]

NOTICE:

The posting rate for this game will be relaxed. We all... well MOST of us anyway... have real lives outside of E, and sometimes that real life monster rears it's ugly head and prevents us from posting as much as others would like us to while some of us naturally post much faster than others. I ask that all players be kind and considerate to each other.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Michael Corvus

Please feel free to express interest, questions or comments here. Thanks
The Oath of The Drake

1SAZ

Well, I do love Firefly and Serenity...

Before I even start to hammer out a character concept, what's the crew consist of so far? Actual characters more than roles they fill. Help me get an idea of what kid of person would fit aboard the Gamble.

NiceTexasGuy

I'm interested ... PM sent with info for a couple of characters (a medic and a pilot) should either or both of them interest you.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Michael Corvus

Quote from: 1SAZ on June 10, 2011, 09:43:26 PM
Well, I do love Firefly and Serenity...

Before I even start to hammer out a character concept, what's the crew consist of so far? Actual characters more than roles they fill. Help me get an idea of what kid of person would fit aboard the Gamble.

Hello 1SAZ and thanks for stopping by. I have a character thread already started and we're filling up fast. I'm still waiting on the mechanic's character sheet, but she's my co-GM so, we're good on that front. They are working on collaborating there backgrounds so some of it is bound to change in the near future, but there is some pretty good information there on their personas. If you're still interested just PM me your character sheet and we'll letcha know.

Thanks!

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on June 10, 2011, 10:11:40 PM
I'm interested ... PM sent with info for a couple of characters (a medic and a pilot) should either or both of them interest you.
Hey there Tex,

Unfortunately the medic and pilot roles are both filled. I still need to run it by my co GM but if you tweaked the pilot a little bit, we are in need of a co-pilot. He could help with navigation, electronic counter measures and stuff like that as well as share in the flight duties, I mean, our gifted little Mei Mei can't be in the gorram cockpit ALL the time. That would just be ruttin' insane!

So, anyway, if you're still interested, tweak the pilot bio or come up with a gunslinger bio and shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
The Oath of The Drake

Aether

I would like to play, if possible, a copilot / gun toter, possibly had a little resistance training back in a day.  Still have openings?

PearlRuby

Quote from: Aether on June 11, 2011, 08:58:12 AM
I would like to play, if possible, a copilot / gun toter, possibly had a little resistance training back in a day.  Still have openings?

Hi Aether, I believe co-pilot may be filled, but there are definitely still opening for gun toters and muscle ^.^

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

Aether

Well, you know, you can never have too many pilots...

Less say my guy was a pilot during the war and hired on as a gunner?

PearlRuby

Well, go ahead and send the character sheet to Michael Corvus and he'll take a look at it  :-)

NiceTexasGuy

I was thinking of just filling in where needed, so I don't necessarily want the copilot job if Aether wants it.  As he pointed out, it's perfectly reasonable for people to have more than one skill, so I would be fine with my medical guy (McPherson) coming on as a gun-toter.  Never hurts to have someone else with some emergency medical experience, and could be interesting depending on the other medic's background and level of training. (some in-character "I believe I know more about this than you" situations, perhaps)

My idea for this character was that he's just left everything behind and looking for a place to settle, so he stays on the ship with no specific destination or time frame in mind, and from there can get caught up in the events of the day.

So, let me know if you're interested.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
==============

Michael Corvus

@ Aether: We have an opening for our co-pilot if you're interested Aether. PearlRuby is my Co-GM by the way so, so anyway, if you're still interested just shoot me a character sheet and we'll go from there. Oh, I hear congratulations are in order. Tell Cassi I said hello and I hope she's doing well. I would love if she could have joined us too.

@NiceTexasGuy: I am reviewing your character sheet with my coGM and will get back to you. Thanks for your interest and flexibility.
The Oath of The Drake

Dragondancer

LOL ~ We've sure got an awesome crew rounded up for The Gamble!  Of course, a few more adventurous men on board would round it out nicely...  ;D

Here's the approved characters so far: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=109827.0

AlexStone

PearlRuby

We are indeedy! We're generally in need of some male characters to even out Captain Griff's female harem  :P

UPDATE

Still seeking:

* Copilot
    * Muscle / Gunhands (2 or 3 max - currently have 1!)

Will Possibly Consider:

* Shepherd
    * Companion
    * Passengers (limited number - TBD)

Michael Corvus

As a matter of fact we're a might short on the muscley type. You know any?
The Oath of The Drake

AlexStone

Let me reach into my bag o' goodies here, and see what I can pull out for ya'll.  I'll PM something once I've done the appropriate pondering.

Foxfyr

I'm in the process of working on a Co-Pilot character.  I've gotten it mostly completed, just need to expand on the history a bit, which I will have done after I get done with work tomorrow.

Blackflow

Awesome idea for an RP, guys.  Sent in an application for a passenger and/or extra gunhand character.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Aether

@ Michael Corvus:  Cassi and I are doing well, though we have had some hiccups biologically speaking here recently.

Cassi would love to build a female brute to fulfill the primary muscle role.

I will have soon a copilot / rifle junky posted here asap.

Michael Corvus

Outstanding! Glad to hear you both are doing well.

Sure thing, just send your character sheets in to PearlRuby and myself. Pearl is my co-GM.

CoPilot is still open as are a couple more gunhand positions.

We're getting close to filling up though. Don't want my boat overcrowded. ;)
The Oath of The Drake

Miss Lilly

Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

NiceTexasGuy

I got no problem with a boat load o' female folk 's'long as they don't try ta turn my guy into one o' them metrosexual types.

===
==============

Miss Lilly

Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Michael Corvus

UPDATE

All roles are now filled except for the Co-Pilot. Once we get our co-pilot slot filled, we can get this party started!
I might also be willing to take one more gunhand/muscle role.
The Oath of The Drake

PearlRuby

UPDATE

All roles are now filled. There may be opportunity in future for some cameo, temporary passenger appearances, but as for now, we're pretty full up on The Gamble.

Thanks for everyone's interest and applications  :-)