(Extreme) Evil will always find a way - LAUNCHED, Additional players welcome

Started by Wintercat, September 11, 2011, 02:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

We need heroes as well Sethala but I think that you can do both a villain as well as a hero but I'd check with Wintercat first on that one.  Still, nothing wrong with that and I'm sure I could NPC a female sub for you among my vampire cronies I have going for Cecilia since Cecilia herself is a dom, but she is capable of being sub if the right person manages to put her in her place lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Sethala

Hmm, interesting idea.  I do enjoy playing female subs, as well, so I'm definitely up for doing both, or just a victim.

And, I decided to salvage an idea from another defunct RP and go with a wolf-girl for my character.  (Not an actual werewolf, though she probably fights as good as one).  Looks like Fonfon from Raidy, but has Aisha Clanclan's personality/voice.

Wintercat

Lots of posts going on between a few people. Well, still looking forward to the characters. Also, a valid concern was recently brought up if this is sliding from the plots to a glorified opportunity for Dom/sub pairing.

While I believe that naughty roleplay should be given a chance, I also think its upto the players to decide whether they want to pursue that (and possibly make up side-threads at some point for it) or to play out a plot involving the characters.

Characters with conflict within them are already becoming a part of the world and offering hooks to tie in with. Vergil made a vampire with a vengeance in mind for a heroine, which could turn rather bloody too at that.

Using the above example, I could see at least a few way how the dangerous combat waltz between Vampire and Heroine could turn out when they clash. 

I'm considering the option of having monsters 'resurrected' at Dungeon Heart if they actually fell, at least the 'bosses' of monsters, not the NPCs, and perhaps the heroes on the other hand, if brought out of the dungeon by their companions, could be resurrected back in the kingdom above.

That does give the monsters a homefield advantage in the dungeon, but who is to say that it all takes place in the dungeon? Monsters could also become impatient and rise up to roam the countryside, only to face the heroes above at the surface, and on their terms, dangerously.

@Krayz, Kestriel looks good we have a few demon-types but someone who switched their soul for a more demonic one is new, I imagine that there wont be too many 'similar' folks (NPCs) around for him to command but imagine they make up for it by their capability (or if you prefer, Kestriel can be 'unique' unless someone else chooses to play a similar sort). I think that a Dark Knight played a similar choice, having -few- but -strong- companions, NPCs.

@PaleEnchantress, the game is set in 1 dungeon and its surroundings (to avoid having it split to too many places with the small amount of players we have) so far, and the Dungeon Keeper position is a dm or co-dm position. I have suggested only 1 such position, for a ruler of the land above, the co-dm helping out since the heroes idea is being fleshed out). I have no trouble with the concept of a homosexual male, maiden-type or otherwise, but its the dungeon keeper part that is a bit hard to help out with.

Maybe if the game thrives and gets enough players that its feasible to have other dungeons start up in the story, but with less than a dozen players having more than 1 dungeon seems like it could end up with a lot of people just 'waiting around' with nothing happening in game. Just bringing up my own concern there.

@Sethala, I hope this game brings out more than just dom/sub gaming, but if the D/s aspect is the one you crave for, feel free to set something up with other players andn play a character for that purpose. If it gets into a rapid back-and-forth play though, it could become a small side-thread to keep from flooding the main game thread later.

Hopefully that is understandable and agreeable.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Name: Sephariel Fluorspar
Race: Half Human, Half Angel
Class: Apostle
Best Ability: Healing Magic and Light Magic
Least Ability: Melee Combat

Preference: Bisexual (Prefers Females), Neither dominant nor submissive
Ons: Romance, Compassion, Kindness, Mercy, Certain species of monsters
Offs: Violence, Sadism, Torture

Appearance: With soft, pale skin and vivid, deep blue eyes Sephariel is possessed of an almost radiant beauty. Her hair is silky and long, cascading down her shoulders to the small of her back with a pair of braids elegantly draping down along the front of her shoulders. A trio of sacred gryphon feathers adorn her headdress and she wears robes of the purest white. Recently she has taken to wearing aspects of black beneath her robes, such as her gloves and leggings, as a symbol of duality and balance. Her staff of intertwining ebony and ivory emits a soft, warm light, that allows her to see without harming the monsters around her and a glowing pair of radiant white wings appears upon her back whenever she uses magic.
History: A blessed virgin from a small village far beyond the reaches of the Church, Sephariel was allegedly born through the will of God when an angel came down to impregnate her infertile mother. As a small child, she offered healing to the sick and wounded, adorned by a pair of glowing white wings whenever she performed her miracles, and it wasn’t long before the Church sent its knights to fetch her. Declared an Apostle by the Church, Sephariel travelled the land to bring ease to those who were suffering.

During her early teenage years the Church declared the Great Crusade, summoning heroes from all over the realm to slaughter the monsters that inhabited the land. Travelling with them under the constant protection of the Seraphim Guard, Sephariel never continued to heal those who were wounded and brought sacred light down upon the battlefield, bringing miraculous victories wherever she went. It was said that her holy blood, once spilt, would burn the wicked and heal the righteous. Disgusted by the bloodbath of the Crusade, Sephariel also healed innocent monsters where she was able and after the Crusade ended she disappeared completely, never to be seen again. She was soon honoured as a martyr by the Church.

No one, not even the monsters who she now lives amongst, knows what happened to her after this also rumours claim that she is the one who awakened and nurtured the Dungeon Heart. What is known is that she has grown disgusted by the so called heroes gathering on the surface and shows great compassion for those living within the catacombs, who she refuses to label as monsters. Although a human virgin, she is able to walk freely amongst the monsters, offering them healing and comfort, with the Heart decreeing that none shall touch her without consent.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Rhaegar14

Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Ah, thanks Rhaegar. I thought I had to post it here for approval first but I'm still getting the hang of this  :-[
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

CarnivorousBunny

I'm actually confused, is she or is she not a hero? She lives with demons and monsters and she uses the power of god to heal them?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Rhaegar14

Oh. Bunny might be right. I should've done more than glance over the profile, apparently.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

She's.... complicated. She's like a hero that's turned against the others and is now fighting to protect the monsters. So basically she's with the monsters but she really breaks the stereotypical mould.

Rhaegar14

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Haha, I actuall really liked your character and even looked to him for a bit of inspiration. I was going for the whole fallen daughter of the Church thing but if there's one thing I like to avoid with my character it's conforming to stereotypes.

CarnivorousBunny

Okay, I personally have a hard time picturing an angel walking around the undergroundwithout getting attacked from time to time, even if she is on the side of monsters.  Maybe you should give her some ward spells? Or a natural shield from evil that her holy blood gives her, haha
my  o&o and a&a

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

I was sort of picturing myself as being in a very precarious situation in which the Heart's orders that I not be harmed being the only thing that kept me alive. I imagine that a lot of them would want to tear me apart just on principle alone, and some might even have bad memories of me during my role in the Crusade.

Due to my non-combat emphasis I was thinking that I might be able to serve as the Avatar's Voice and messenger, bringing his orders to more isolated chambers or in instances where he needs to conserve his energy. That is, of course, if Winter thinks that's okay.

Wintercat

I like the concept and I think that if she was 'the first hero to stumble across the heart' but did not destroy it when it was still weak and growing, but helped it grow stronger, then the Heart's Avatar would likely have taken a stance that she is welcome in the tunnels, and indeed that she is not to be harmed without provocation.

Without provocation being the key word, the Avatar would not give anyone 'total immunity' in the dungeons, but marking her as someone that should not be attacked unless she attacks them first, I think that would be something the heart might agree to. Besides, as the moral ambiguity goes in this game, the good cannot exist without evil, and perhaps the Angel has come among monsters for the sole reason that the crusade has brought out the 'dark side' in the crusaders and other 'heroes'. Not all, but some.

All in all, it breaks stereotypes and she's in a precarious situation but it could turn to be very interesting. I think its definitely worth trying.

Also, the Dungeon Heart is not 'omnipotent' by any means, its just powerful in its own domain, and closer to heart, the stronger it is. Things like 'picking up creatures' in its 'astral hand' and 'setting them down' elsewhere expends some of the heart's stamina, so it wont happen often (not wanting to be game-breaking by any means that is) but its a possibility at least (giving the monsters a bit of 'home field advantage').

There's been a comment in the in-game thread by now that they dont yet have a huge temple ready for worship of the 'Dark Gods' that would grant the heart magic for truely frightening spells, but figure she would have some sanctuary near the heart, possibly a section of a small lair somewhere that she can head out from to heal the monsters and walk among them.

Anyway, I'm going to just nod my head to the idea and think it would be interesting.

Again, the Heart is not omnipotent, and the monsters are not 100% under complete mind-control or anything, so she might still want to be -careful- especially around parts the Heart doesn't watch that closely, and especially among the demons and other beings that have the most 'grudge'.

Hope that cleared the air any? Anyway, welcome aboard.

(( And I originally read it as her being a hero too, before reaching the end and realizing what she had done. Clever idea. ))
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Wintercat link=topic=119019.msg5269040#msg5269040 date=1317192395

hr]

@PaleEnchantress, the game is set in 1 dungeon and its surroundings (to avoid having it split to too many places with the small amount of players we have) so far, and the Dungeon Keeper position is a dm or co-dm position. I have suggested only 1 such position, for a ruler of the land above, the co-dm helping out since the heroes idea is being fleshed out). I have no trouble with the concept of a homosexual male, maiden-type or otherwise, but its the dungeon keeper part that is a bit hard to help out with.

Maybe if the game thrives and gets enough players that its feasible to have other dungeons start up in the story, but with less than a dozen players having more than 1 dungeon seems like it could end up with a lot of people just 'waiting around' with nothing happening in game. Just bringing up my own concern there. 

Hopefully that is understandable and agreeable.

Ah, i just misunderstood a bit on how much dungeon control we had or that it was one dungeon. No problem on me making him not a dungeon master. Im thinking of changing my concept a bit. I think androgynous nymph blood mage who's villiany is driven by an extreme need to be "Fairest of them all". His strongest power would be that he is already so beyond mortal beauty that looking at him is fatal, though very powerful creatures would just risk blindness.

In his vanity he despises those who are beautiful and pure. A radiant young maiden would draw his hatred and well built warrior of high morals would need to be broken. Shall I produce a profile?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Wintercat

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 28, 2011, 05:23:27 AM
Ah, i just misunderstood a bit on how much dungeon control we had or that it was one dungeon. No problem on me making him not a dungeon master. Im thinking of changing my concept a bit. I think androgynous nymph blood mage who's villiany is driven by an extreme need to be "Fairest of them all". His strongest power would be that he is already so beyond mortal beauty that looking at him is fatal, though very powerful creatures would just risk blindness.

In his vanity he despises those who are beautiful and pure. A radiant young maiden would draw his hatred and well built warrior of high morals would need to be broken. Shall I produce a profile?

I think that kind of a monstrous being would be a scary foe for intruders, and make for some interesting roleplay among fellow monsters as well. Go ahead and put together a profile, and feel free to comment into the OOC thread once you have the profile ready, see if you can bring other players in the game to pick up a conversation with your monster and we'll begin to see where his vanity and power lead him?
A&A

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 28, 2011, 05:23:27 AM

Your character made me giggle.  I love him :3
my  o&o and a&a

Medical Miracle

Name: Vespa
Race: Demonic Fey
Class: Rogue/Spirit Guide
Best Ability: Vespa has the uncanny ability to produce almost any mundane item seemingly from nowhere. It’s hard to tell if this is a combination of foresight and sleight of hand or if it's mystic in nature.
Least ability: Sneaking; Vespa is light of foot and silent by nature, her ability is more akin to not being noticed. Anybody actively trying to find her will probably succeed.

Preference:Uncaring; due to her apathetic nature Vespa ends up in a submissive position rather than dominate. She will usually give in to another’s will depending on their persistence; she may even dominate someone if they force her to.
Ons:O/O
Offs:O/O

Appearance:  Vespa appears to be a woman in her mid twenties. In reality she could be any age, though she could not say; time seems to be a fleeting issue for her. Her void black eyes make it difficult to tell what her attention is fixated on, but her expression often implies that it’s nothing of consequence. She has a pointed figure with many sharp features, expressly her nails and petite horns atop her head. At first glance they look sinister, perhaps predatory, upon consideration they give the impression they’ve never been used for any kind of assertive action during her existence. All her features are fair, yet listless. Her skin tone is most certainly pale, but it appears as though it’s worn out it coloration even further; her hair is similar in that it looks as though it could have been considered blond or even red at one point, now it barely holds on to any semblance of hue. Gray is the theme of Vespa’s pallet, never will you find her seeking out exciting or exotic styles in her appearance, though it could be conceived that somebody may force her to do so, she would not object. Her clothes are faded black and gray with simple metal adornments, be it a bracelet or a pair of basic earrings. She may change her attire but it will never stray far from these outlines; she usually opts for loose hanging cloth. One may find her cloths to be torn or stained, but never filthy; the same goes for her hygiene. She seems to stay clean not by merit of diligent care for her being, but rather a rejection of change by her essence.     

Background: Apathy can be defined as a sort of "obscure evil", one which makes the victim unable to live in solitary places, in silence, no longer in a state of deep calmness and peace. That person may experience feelings of spiritual emptiness and disgust, having a cynical attitude towards other people and life in general. They will long for liberation from this oppressive inner state of imprisonment. It is in fact a spiritual illness, when the soul gets disoriented and slips into denial of all accomplishments that person has made throughout their earthly existence.

Vespa is a daughter of Apathy. Born of Akedia, the “Demon of Boredom”. Vespa is not intimate with the details of her creation, nor will she ever desire to be. Her father has placed her in many locations during the span of her existence, never once with any inclination of a goal. He does not give nor does she seek to receive. She has been slain on a number of occasions, each time she finds herself placed back in to the mortal world, usually in a similar location. She is not immortal, nor is she under the delusion that such is the case, only that a higher power pulls certain strings attached to her being. One day she found herself placed within the confines of “The Dungeon”, she carried on as she always had, listlessly and without ambition.

Vespa has a habit of endlessly wandering the dungeon, periodically with extended rests seemingly without reason. She holds no hostility towards any of inhabitants, nor towards any wanderers that may have found their way into this dark recess of the world. Do not mistake her pacifistic nature for support in your endeavours; she has abandoned just as many as she has assisted, only ever is it a matter of when. Sometimes these timely desertions come with dire results. She responds to wilful commands and insistence, for she has no drive to oppose. She does have a will though, and will not perform an act if it does not conform to her sense of apathy. Individuals may find her uncanny due to her willingness to assist the likes of both evil and good, what they may not grasp is that this “assistance” is more akin to spectating then anything. Vespa is also not deprived of emotion; she possesses a unique psychology that includes apathy as an emotion rather than a vague felling. Needless to say that it is the most overpowering of her emotions. Her motivations are transparent and easily discarded if they even ever existed at all, but perhaps there is something slightly less mundane about her persona if the situation is particular enough…                 

Throughout her lifespan, Vespa has been considered many things: An omen, a vagrant, a demon and a lover. She could be considered to be all or none of these things. Do not ask her option on the matter, you will be left wanting. One of her more tragic tales may include a poor farmer that fell in love with Vespa in the distant past. She had been wandering in a forest of a name she’ll never know. A young man, of both a kind heart and unfortunate circumstances came across her; from then on he was cursed, cursed with the love he felt for her. He took her in, mistaking her for a forest spirit; he thought she looked malnourished and weak, and needed his protection. There was no resistance on the part of Vespa, when he held her hand and insisted she follow, she complied. For many years she lived with the man, performing minor menial tasks for him. He never questioned her appearance or her mannerisms, particularly her silence. He assumed her minimalist behaviour was natural for a fey such as her. Every day he would hold her as the sun set, gently kissing her upon the forehead. One day a wanted murder was seeking refuge from the law; what he found was a humble dwelling on the far reaches of the village. When he entered the house he encountered Vespa and the Man. He immediately threatened to harm her with his dagger if the Man alerted the authorities. The simple Man had already decided to act, his sense of justice and his love compelled him. He sprang forward and grasped the criminal’s hand, desperately prying for the dagger. As the struggle progressed the Man slowly became overwhelmed. All along he shouted for his loves assistance, all along she stood in silence, staring with her listless eyes. The criminal plunged into the Man, his grip weakened, the criminal plunged again, and the Man fell silent. Vespa, was splattered with the warmth of his blood. His last act was to reach out to his love in vain, as she looked onwards with uncaring coldness. The Murderer told her to sit down, and not move a muscle; she complied, silently sitting on a wooden chair as she crossed one leg over the other and set her palms atop her lap. She stared at the new individual the entire night. In the morning both had left, first the murderer, then Vespa. No longer was there a presence in that empty house. To this day, Vespa has almost no recollection of the event.                 

Wintercat

I like the concept, its interesting and feels like it has a lot of unique quality in it. I think it is ready for the play. I have already listed out the links in this thread earlier for the in-game thread of the dungeon, the character archive, and the OOC thread. You are free to enter this character to that character archive and jump right in game by my account, I like what I see and have no problems with it.
A&A

Vergil1989

Where were you guys hiding?  Both characters are wickedly awesome if you ask me lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Krayz

Quote from: Wintercat on September 28, 2011, 01:46:35 AM
@Krayz, Kestriel looks good we have a few demon-types but someone who switched their soul for a more demonic one is new, I imagine that there wont be too many 'similar' folks (NPCs) around for him to command but imagine they make up for it by their capability (or if you prefer, Kestriel can be 'unique' unless someone else chooses to play a similar sort). I think that a Dark Knight played a similar choice, having -few- but -strong- companions, NPCs.

You have to understand, Wintercat; his best ability is "demon magic"; summoning mooks to command is bread-and-butter for him :P

When I have a little spare time, I'm going to be coming up with a list of kinds and an internal system of my own for limiting how many he can have out at a time :D

Snake

Name:  Kairon
Race:  Extremely Advanced Male Erinyes
Class:  Hexblade
Best Ability:  Archery, swordplay, some spellcasting, but has a special ability to drain powers from others temporarily
Least Ability:  Healing, Seals

Preference:  Female partners, prefers to dominate most of the time.
Ons:  Large Breasts, shapely hips, spirited
Offs: Yaoi, gore, Vore, Scat, Watersports, char death (I guarantee he won't kill anyone's char in a sexual way)

Appearance:  His base form is just like you see above. He has long red hair, olive skintones and red eyes. STanding about 5'11"-6'; he cuts a cooly intimidating figure and radiates charisma...as well as a very dark potential for cruelty.  Kairon has a perfectly sculpted body; he should having been born literally for illicit sex at first but gained in power and skill over hundreds of years until he reached the pinnacle of his species of devil and learend to use his soul sucking abilities to instead drain powers from others
Background:  Kairon was born one of the original Erinyes, fallen angels and over time grew to more and more prefer the male physique than the female as he enjoye dbeing dominant.  First serving as a commander in another devil lord's military forces until he could kill that leader and usurp his powers through a cunning bit of legality he suckered the other into signing.  Overtime Kairon survived many battles of his own and grew more and more powerful as well as developed a silver tongue and ruthless attitude.  Currently he has another Demoness in his service as well (Less powerful NPC Cohort) as an alliance with the an advanced succubus.. (who's currently pregnant with his spawn... haha)

(good enough?()

Syene

Marissa, mind if I make a "heroic" foil for your character?

She'd be a con-artist with a smattering of magical abilities and a nice little cult who will be sending and occasionally leading her cultists into the dungeons. She veils everything she does in holy rhetoric, but as far as she's concerned, cultists are easy to come by, whereas the gold they bring back and the prestige she gets from her holy war are not.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Vergil1989

Your image isn't working but otherwise he seems pretty decent.  Winter, what say you?

Wintercat

On the matter of Snake's character,

We have a succubus in game already, so an Incubus is fairly similar but its not forbidden by any means. Just please be aware he has a counterpart in the dungeon as is, and on that note, I'd also like to point out that while the characters are the exceptional individuals, their power should mainly be among their own race.

I am very much against the idea of having "Queen of Succubi" at his side, somewhere else. That suggests he should also have -control- over the succubi in this dungeon then.

No.

If you take up a character you may have control on some individuals of your species, or like with a recent 'demon magic' user, control over a few -individual- demons/devils that have taken up serving his summons.

When someone else has already 'claimed' a race, you might claim to have a -Succubi- with whom your character has a child somewhere, but the 'Queen of Succubi' is way too powerful. I'd like you to consider that from that direction.

As for the character otherwise, I dislike the concept of being a true 'Devil Lord'. I can see him being powerful individual, but any ability/title that grants you power -over other players- like that is subject to serious scrutiny. It borders on game-breaking.

No ability or title should grant control over other player characters. Power it down. I like the concept, but this is like making a level 20 character for a game suggested for level 10 characters, to speak on D&D terms.

That's my thoughts, but since Vergil1989 is now a co-DM, I ask his opinion on this as well. If he thinks its alright, you have a better chance to get it through, but I would certainly appreciate it if you downplayed the character a little, for reasons visible above already.

I hope to keep god-modding out of this game afterall. Even the Dungeon Master / The Ruler of the Land above are mainly narrative roles, not intended as a power-trip.
A&A