Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Thank you very much, sir! I can feel the details inching out ;D

And sounds like CoMC was more popular than I expected. Lol. Hm...I have other options in mind (such az  councilor) so I'll toss the ideas around as I form the little details.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 12:33:25 PM
She can be from off the list, but in that case it would be her maiden name that is changed over.

Immediate family, siblings, mother/father/ their grandparents. If you WANT, you can add uncles/aunts great aunts/uncles, but you can just leave it open in case someone wants to make a cousin/family member.

Ohh, and once a family name is claimed and a tree starts to form. Other players will have to add on to that family tree for their own characters if they wish to come from the same family. A bit of a lazy way to be a pureblood without ALL the work, don't get it twisted, there is still work to do but its less then starting from scratch.

We have 3 apps for ComC, we are planning on giving it to the best sheet. And by best we mean who do we believe makes the most "believable" professor for this particular subject (same with all subjects). The devil will be in the details in this case. Those who are not picked may choose another open subject to apply for or rethink their app. It's not based on a first come first serve, but once we "lock" a person in, that spot will be closed.

*nudges aiden* 2 apps darling lol. I accidentally mixed up names in that PM. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Aiden

Fixed my post, it goes back to great grandparents!

ebpohmr

Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 12:49:08 PM

I'm fully intending on filling in all the bio's to add the flavour/pride/scandal into the family history. Do we need bio's on all of them before submitting the CS for approval? Also, can we add more generations after approval?

Ember Star

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on April 02, 2014, 12:44:52 PM
*nudges aiden* 2 apps darling lol. I accidentally mixed up names in that PM. xD
I am so tempted to send you a third but I don't wanna make y'alls job harder or feel like I'm stealing it from the others.
Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 12:49:08 PM
I can do that! Was going to anyway to a extent as I already worked out certain details
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Amelita

Quote from: ebpohmr on April 02, 2014, 12:52:35 PM
I'm fully intending on filling in all the bio's to add the flavour/pride/scandal into the family history. Do we need bio's on all of them before submitting the CS for approval? Also, can we add more generations after approval?

Fill in all information you intend to provide before you turn in the sheet, please :)

Later added info will need to go through GM approval.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

ebpohmr

Quote from: Amelita on April 02, 2014, 12:55:05 PM
Fill in all information you intend to provide before you turn in the sheet, please :)

Later added info will need to go through GM approval.

Okay, additional question.

Say my character's father is from the pureblood family i have claimed. His mother is from a different family. Describing all the father's direct ancestors, is no problem as its my family to play with. But what about the mother's lineage, as describing that will impact more and more on the other pureblood families?

Amelita

Linking between families in the canon tree is exactly the point ;)

You write up the parents, grandparents and great grandparents.

Those who end up in other families are listed in your canon family claim, and will be added to their respective names in the table. They can be used as links and you will be contacted by any player who wants to use those names for their characters (as per the rules), to create collaboration on those links.

If your names cross over into families already claimed, you need to contact the players of those families and create said collaboration.

Keep it to the direct line, for less hassle. Don't add the aunts and uncles unless they are vital to the character.

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Bloodied Porcelain

FYI... the Harper family is mine, and is currently all NPC. If anyone wishes to link with them, please contact me. I've only got the parents and kids at the current moment so I'm quite open.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Amelita

The Rocklowe is mine, incidentally.

Hmm... should I add a small list of "player: family"... might be useful...

I'm also going to make all names in the table a specific color for Played Character and another for "family members"... yes...

-lets you all watch me think-

xD

Aiden

Amelita

How can it, when this is a Rocklowe?

juuuust sayin... ::)

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Amelita on April 02, 2014, 02:38:51 PM
How can it, when this is a Rocklowe?

juuuust sayin... ::)

Sigmund just got all extra-intense in my head. I can almost feel his inner-growl.

Aiden

ebpohmr

Quote from: Aiden on April 02, 2014, 02:47:35 PM
Fuuuck.... I lose.

Yup. The fate of all men who unknowingly go up against boobs...

Amelita

Ember Star

Lol. I randomly selected the Wentworth family because ... went worth o.o

I see somebody put in the claim for the family above them. I should pm her ans see how she would like them to be related.

Amelita

well, they will be related, but you should PM her and see how much or little your characters know each other.

Keep in mind that the names in each column are directly linked, while the columns on either side of yours are the more distant links.

Ember Star

*nods* I know. Dancing Flower picked a name directly above Wentworth. So I suppose it depends im what sort of character shes making.

TheHangedOne

I'm getting excited. Seeing quite a few players that I know.  ;D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Flower

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 03:24:09 PM
*nods* I know. Dancing Flower picked a name directly above Wentworth. So I suppose it depends im what sort of character shes making.

I haven't made her personality yet since I'm still working on family history. Considering that Jabonski is a Polish surname, my character is going to have a Polish background before they eventually immigrate over to the United States. That's all I really have right now.

undisclosedtoyou

More than I have, DF.  I only have what she looks like, and her name and age and such.  Oh, while I'm here, I should ask!

It say's small reptiles are allowed, does that mean amphibians are out, or more specifically, toads.  I want my girl to have an albino woodhouse toad.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Amelita

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Amelita on April 02, 2014, 03:59:48 PM
Cats, owls and small reptiles only ;)

You wound me terribly! :P  I've settled on a turtle!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's