Recruitment: Prey and Predator [Anthro/Post Apoc/Sandbox/Extreme]

Started by Drake Valentine, March 14, 2016, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 20, 2016, 09:02:48 PM
Darwin: What a delicious beautiful, darling bunny... ::)

Well, I'm glad Darwin think's so  :-)

- Rainbow ♥

Vergil Tanner

Hmmmmm, interesting....Vassago can always use reliable runners.
>.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 20, 2016, 09:11:54 PM
Hmmmmm, interesting....Vassago can always use reliable runners.
>.>

Lol! I'm sure Nora could run an errand or two for Vassage :-)

- Rainbow ♥

Vergil Tanner

I'm sure she can! She seems capable enough. Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run... :P :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Drake Valentine

Vergil and BlackThrone, your characters are accepted. Feel free to post them in Character Thread(still WIP in some fields) which link can be found at top of this recruitment thread.

Others are looking good, but no rush. ^-^ I gotta head out for awhile.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

xPeachyPuff

Here is my completed (I think) character sheet. Please let me know if I need to change anything as I'd be happy to! If anyone has any feedback for me, that would be great. Also if anyone feels like plotting something with my bunny, please feel free to PM me or whatever :-)

Nora Cottontail.

General Basics
Name: Nora Cottontail.
Aliases: (Known only as) Rena. (Also referred to as) Bunny, Bun, Rabbit, Cottontail - Anything referring to her species mostly used in a derogatory way by her boss Robby.
Occupation: Messenger/Runner (Deliveries, collections and anything in between.)
Race: Cashmere Lop (Rabbit) & Human.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Affiliation: Neutral.

More In-depth Knowledge

Figure: Standing at roughly 5'5" (165cm) and weighing around 120 lbs (54kg), Nora has an athletic build with wide set hips, robust thighs, a lean, cinched in waist as well as an ample bust. The fur that engulfs her entire body is a tawny brown colour with accents of cream at her ears, wrists, ankles and tail. Her eyes are an unusual rose colour, outlined by a dark set of eyelashes. A pair of overly large ears are set at the crown of her head, hanging down to reach the middle of her back; despite them being fairly slim, the halo of camel fur creates the illusion of bulkier ears. Nora's muzzle is a very predominate feature on her face, concealing her relatively flat teeth used for breaking down vegetables, plants and other things fitting her herbivore diet.

Persona: Nora can be rather timid, clumsy and unsure of a lot of things, but she is in no way a pushover. Her strong moral compass controls the majority of her decisions and she often over looks the 'grey' area's in favour of 'doing the right thing.' Her clumsiness can often lead her into trouble with her employer, as well as thugs out on the street and pretty much any asshole who's directly effected by her inelegance. Though her shyness is not a problem in the sense of being made anxious by crowds or completing daily tasks, it can be an issue when it comes to people speaking to her before she expects it; if someone approaches her randomly in the street asking for directions, for example, because she wasn't predicting it to happen beforehand, she would not be ready to answer the question confidently. However, if she is instructed to enter a store and purchase something, she is prepared for the conversation with the clerk to a degree. Nora is also very curious by nature, which doesn't help her with the 'getting into trouble' thing. That being said, she is very loyal and tight lipped so long as everything falls in line with her morals and beliefs.

Strengths:
Heightened Sense - Rabbits in general have a heightened sense of smell, sound and sight.

Agility & Jump Ability - Nora is no exception to her rabbit-kin; she has amazing stamina, speed and has extremely strong legs. This is useful in her day job as well as getting her out of awkward or dangerous situations.

Eyesight - It's not a myth, rabbits can see in the dark! OK, it's not anywhere near as clear as the myth, but her exceptional eyesight is not only great at spotting things in broad daylight, but Nora can also see pretty well in complete darkness.

Memory - Photographic, to be exact. Nora has a rare ability to be able to remember most things without even going over them twice. Books for example; she can read a page once and know what was written down (mostly.) This proves to be both a gift and a curse at times.

Flexible - It proves useful when one needs to fit into a small space to hide.

Weaknesses:
Prey Animal - Nora is constantly being looked down upon by predatory animals. Rabbits are considered one of the weaker Prey animals meaning Nora is near the bottom of the food chain and some even hunt rabbits for their 'lucky' left foot.

Clumsy - Probably one of the most ungraceful creatures to have ever been created, Nora can manage to trip over air in the most inventive of ways.

Black & White - Nora's moral compass, while a wonderful strength, can also be a big flaw of hers. The ability to see the 'shades of grey' as opposed to only seeing 'black & white' is something that Nora does not possess. Rarely will Nora see anything other then how it is. If she considers something being morally wrong, she won't do it despite the possibility for consequences or benefits along the way.

Bio: Born in West Haven to a single mother, Nora had a total of three female siblings. Her mother always told them stories of their father when the children were young; he was a strong rabbit, brave and kind, the type to help those in need and stick up for those who were less fortunate. Unfortunately the reality was that he’d left before the children were born after gambling habits proved to be too much for him, a huge amount of debt the only thing of him remaining.

Years passed. Her mother did what she could to make ends meet and her father stayed out of the picture. Until one day he didn’t. He returned when Nora and her sisters were about thirteen years old, apologizing for all he’d done and asking for help; it was no surprise that he needed money of all things. At first her mother refused him; she needed to care for herself and her litter, however after constant pressure from him she found ways to give him what she could. He stayed with them for a few months after she’d given him the first payment, coming and going as he pleased, leaching off their mother while pretending to be a father to Nora and her siblings.

Almost half a year since her father moved in with the family, the Blood Locust gang came looking for him. Despite him not being home at the time of their visit, they barged their way into the home, roughed up Nora’s mother in front of the group of scared children and trashed the house. They promised to return ever week to collect money to cover the debt owed by their father. And they did. It was safe to assume that their father wasn’t returning after the first two weeks of his absence and two beatings from the gang. Regardless of the payments their family made, the Blood Locust gang continued to return, demanding more each time while taking out their frustrations on the mother rabbit. Or maybe they were just having fun.

Beatings turned into rape, rape turned into kidnapping and god knows what else occurred back at the Blood Locust home. Their mother was taken first, only to be returned bloody, drained and emotionally defeated. Nora and her siblings were next, abused one by one in the ‘safety’ of their family home. The acts showed no signs of stopping at that point. It wasn’t until her mother didn’t return one night that Nora and her sisters acted, leaving their empty, destroyed home in hopes of security away from the nightmare they lived. The bunnies changed their names and started a new life in hopes of being forgotten by the Blood Locust gang.

Time took its toll and the sisters ended up going their separate ways to build their own lives. Nora had had a job for a few months at that point, working for a Rooster by the name of Robby Rowling. His business dealt with delivers, collections and general courier business and was based out of a fairly large building in the centre of West Haven. The business involves Robby taking jobs at the request of others while his workers pick up jobs of their choice from the notice board inside ‘Runners Roost.’ He might not be the nicest boss around and he certainly doesn’t cut the rabbit any slack but the job pays well enough for Nora to afford her own place, albeit a small place, and survive on the day to day.

Other Information

Likes: Music, Dancing, Strawberries, Collecting stickers, Grooming, Flowers, Interesting things & people, Cute things, Unexpected people & things.
Dislikes: Extreme weather conditions, Being targeted, Being in the spotlight, Being forced to make a decision, The sight of meat, Blood, Needles, Most on-the-spot conversations.

Character Ons: Romance, Being petted, Teasing, Biting & Scratching (lightly), Risk of getting caught, Bath/Shower/Water scenes.
Character Offs: Feet play, Anything belonging in the toilet, Fisting, Anal, Excessive pain.

Player Ons: Here!
Player Offs: Also here!

Relations: Open to planning & plotting!
Additional: N/A right now.

Thanks in advance!
- Rainbow ♥

TheBlackThrone

If the bunny ever desires revenge, Darwin might carry that in his shop. It'll cost something. He will even let her do the honors. 8-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Thorne

Alright. I think I'm finished with this.

I would like to have some more solid connections, and I do need to flesh out a couple of NPCs (Windmane, some of her pack, some of the other mercenary wolves), but I would like to think that's not an emergency.

Stillwater

General Basics
Name: Aneva Stillwater
Aliases: Stillwater, Steelwater, Aneva (only her very closest friends and immediate family call her Aneva).
Guard, mercenary.
Race:
Lupine, Wolf-anthro
Sexuality:
Hetero
Affiliation:
North - and Windmane's pack.

More In-depth Knowledge
Figure:
Stillwater stands around seven feet tall, thick coat of black with long red guard-hairs. Her ruff and mantle are black, her throat and chest grey ticked. To store the few items she carries, she wears a leather harness. A heavy blade rests in a decorated leather sheath hanging under her left arm, and she wears a twisted wire torc around her throat.

Other decorations are visible; a set of silver rings in her right ear, a few bone beads woven into her ruff, clicking softly together when she moves her head. Around her upper arm, another coiled band of wire holds a few pieces of painstakingly polished green stone that Stillwater likes for their patterns. 

When she speaks, her voice is a low alto, quiet and assured. She doesn't raise it often, but barks or, rarely, howls are not unknown to her.

Persona:
For all her appearance, Stillwater lives up to her name; there is always a lot more going on under the surface than is apparent. She is loyal, honourable after the way of her kin, and pragmatic enough to not hold grudges. And damnit, she stays bought.

Working - or hunting - she is taciturn to the point of silence, intent on the job at hand, whatever that may be.

Casually, she shows a dry sense of humour some have called morbid.

Strengths:
Like most wolves, Stillwater is an excellent hunter. Her nose is very keen, and her hearing is generally excellent.
Physically, she is formidable, strong and well-trained in combat, and smart enough to strategise and use pack tactics in ways her lupine ancestors wouldn't have thought of (or needed).
Stillwater has a good 'ear' for music, and near perfect pitch. She probably inherited both - her mother and sire were both among the pack's best singers.
As predators go, Stillwater has no real prejudices. Even the weakest prey animal can kill. This has some downsides, socially...

Weaknesses:
Stillwater's vision is no more or less acute than a 'normal' humans, and she is colorblind. She is not a sprinter, either - she needs a little time to run down prey.
While she is a social animal, she is not very good at anything past pack-politics.
Yes, she could be seen as naïve.
As predators go, Stillwater has no real prejudices. Even the weakest prey animal can kill, and she is honest enough to mention it, where someone else might dismiss it.
Honesty is usually a good thing. Stillwater doesn't always have a good 'read' for when it isn't.

Bio

Aneva is one of a litter of five, the largest of the three females. Of the five, she and her brothers were the ones who turned to the family business, so to speak. Her two sisters preferred other, less immediately risky lines of work within the close-knit pack.
   The second of the five to earn her name, Aneva became 'Stillwater' before her first hunt, dealing with her yearmates and littermates in the usual cub scraps and mock-hunts and coming out consistently in the top three. Working with the other young hunters, almost always, her team was first. Still waters hide many secrets, the elders said, and so she was named.

After their first hunt, the young wolves were given the choice. The warden's road, or the pack. Stillwater chose the warden and learned to fight. To hunt is one thing, but to fight - to know how best to bring down another predator - that was harder work. Stillwater learned how to wield many weapons, and more importantly, the major weaknesses and strengths of all the known  inhabitants, particularly the most common. She learned how to work with them, and how to defeat them.

Other Information
Likes: Flowers, being combed, freshly baked ... anything, really. She also likes to sing.
Dislikes: Stupid people of any stripe, being cold and wet, anything that makes her fur sticky. Wailing cubs will also put her ears back.
Character Ons: Competence, attentive partners, oral ...
Character Offs: Scat/watersports, bondage, pain and bloodshed.
Player Ons/offs: Look here.
Relations: Windmane's pack. Otherwise, open season.
Additional:
Windmane's pack has been raising and training such for as long as she can remember, and their small patch of territory has remained more or less safe as a result. So Stillwater is told, anyway. They make a very good living hiring out small groups to protect the VIPs of (several) territories.

Heh. Revenge isn't cheap...

I like the bunny. She's cute.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Vergil Tanner

So Thorne...is Stillwater's Pack allied with Vassago? Like, they provide him with personal bodyguards and he uses his connections and vast network of agents and spies to give them an edge when it comes to fighting other packs and tribes? Or would you prefer they not be connected that way? :-)

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Thorne

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 21, 2016, 08:17:05 PM
So Thorne...is Stillwater's Pack allied with Vassago? Like, they provide him with personal bodyguards and he uses his connections and vast network of agents and spies to give them an edge when it comes to fighting other packs and tribes? Or would you prefer they not be connected that way? :-)

I still like this idea, and I think I'm going to run with it - the top one percent of their talent, say, ends up in Vassago's employ?

Which would explain why Stillwater isn't presently numbered among them; good as she is, she isn't quite that good. Now, one of her brothers...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Sounds good! So, she sends the top 1% of her soldiers to be his private bodyguard force, with the best soldier being his personal bodyguard - the guy who practically never leaves his side, and the head of his personal guard - and he uses his pull to keep her appraised of all threats and plots against her pack and, if another pack starts plotting an attack and her pack can't handle it, he "arranges" a few unfortunate incidents to keep them occupied.

Oooh....maybe one of her brothers is the best soldier in the pack, so he's the NPC who's Vassago's personal bodyguard? :-)

Thorne

Could certainly happen. I can definitely see it.
... probably appropriate. One of her brothers is black-furred, the other has more red and tan in his coat. Got a preference?

Also, technically, Stillwater isn't the one who runs the pack - the Alpha is another wolf called Windmane. Also female, so .. easy mistake to make, although I think she's probably white, or at least grey, and probably faster. I didn't want to saddle Stillwater with a pack to run. ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TheMorningstarOption

Interested in something like an anthro Monitor Lizard Lieutenant in the North Haven army, can provide more if you're still looking for players. If not, please forgive the intrusion.
O/O

Kokaine

Unfortunately as much as I like this idea I am gonna have to take a step back from this RP, sorry Drake.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Drake Valentine

They are fine Rainbow and Thorne, feel free to add them to character thread whenever you get chance. ^^

Quote from: TheMorningstarOption on March 21, 2016, 10:30:12 PM
Interested in something like an anthro Monitor Lizard Lieutenant in the North Haven army, can provide more if you're still looking for players. If not, please forgive the intrusion.

Sounds good to me and yes, still always need more players.

Quote from: Kokaine on March 21, 2016, 10:53:09 PM
Unfortunately as much as I like this idea I am gonna have to take a step back from this RP, sorry Drake.

That is a shame, but no worries. Maybe another time if you ever get a change of heart, if not, best look with your other games.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Thorne on March 21, 2016, 09:39:10 PM
... probably appropriate. One of her brothers is black-furred, the other has more red and tan in his coat. Got a preference?

Not really, up to you :-) Which one do you reckon is the one most suited to bodyguarding? :P

Quote from: Thorne on March 21, 2016, 09:39:10 PMAlso, technically, Stillwater isn't the one who runs the pack - the Alpha is another wolf called Windmane. Also female, so .. easy mistake to make, although I think she's probably white, or at least grey, and probably faster. I didn't want to saddle Stillwater with a pack to run. ^^;

Ah, I see, ok. :-) So is Stillwater the Beta, or does she just direct things from the shadows? What's the arrangement there? :P

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 21, 2016, 08:11:54 PM
If the bunny ever desires revenge, Darwin might carry that in his shop. It'll cost something. He will even let her do the honors. 8-)

Well then. It could be a possibility.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on March 22, 2016, 01:14:55 AM
They are fine Rainbow and Thorne, feel free to add them to character thread whenever you get chance. ^^

Thank you! c:
I'm looking forward to writing with everyone.

- Rainbow ♥

Thorne

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 22, 2016, 05:04:25 AM
Not really, up to you :-) Which one do you reckon is the one most suited to bodyguarding? :P

Ah, I see, ok. :-) So is Stillwater the Beta, or does she just direct things from the shadows? What's the arrangement there? :P

It's a large pack. Stillwater is one of the rank and file. Within the pack, probably Delta until she's earned a few more accolades and has proved she is worthy.
Or has the chops to knock one of the higher ranked down a peg. The system isn't very complicated, but it does work.

As for which one Vassago keeps at his side ... hm. Probably the pure-black one. He's the eldest, and doesn't like the name he got saddled with, so he answers to Arnulf.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Ah, I see. So they've possibly met in passing, but Vassago interacts more with the leadership than her...so they've passed each other once or twice, he's spoken to her once or twice, but otherwise they're at a kind of "She knows about the arrangement, just not the detail." Sounds good!

Pure black one it is! What special skills does he have? What kind of attitude does he have in general? Y'know, the sort of thing I need to know if I'm gonna occasionally direct his actions as an NPC...unless you want to write him opposite Vassago?

Thorne

Give me a couple of days to think on that, please.

If you have any thoughts, my PM box is open. ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

King Serperior

Hmmm....now I am tempted to make a reptilian character.  Either a Komodo Dragon or a King Cobra.  The former would be a more brutish fighter while the latter would be a more stealthy killer.  I'll keep an eye on this and look out for character image ideas.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Thorne

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 22, 2016, 08:51:20 PM
No problemo! I'll let you know if I have any ideas :D

.. okay, didn't take as long as I thought. ^^;
I can find an image if you want, but nearly any black wolf-anthro will probably work. Bonus points if it has green eyes. >.>

Ranulf

Ranulf is the oldest, and from the top of his head to the bottoms of his feet, he is black. He's only a little vain about his luxurious pelt, and has a fondness for ornaments that set it off, when he's not 'on duty'.
When he's on, most people never seem to realise he's there. As a result, he hears almost everything, and remembers most of it.
Strengths: Ranulf is fast, strong and possessed of possibly more than his fair share of smarts and good looks. He is very, very good at his job...
Weaknesses: Ranulf is vain, and has a vicious temper. It doesn't have many triggers, but he very much earned his pack name, and he really hates to be reminded of it. Like most wolves, he is colour-blind, and his vision isn't any better than a human's.

Ranulf stands seven and a half feet tall barefoot, and under his soft black pelt is a whole lot of very solid muscle. Very few people realise just how big he really is, or how fast that bulk can move. Like most of his kin, he carries his weapons and other gear on a leather harness. Boiled leather finished in a matte black covers most of his torso, added protection for his vitals.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Haha, I'll have a look around a bit later for an image. But thanks! That helps a lot ^_^