Supreme Court rules in favor of westboro to picket soldier's funerals.

Started by Funguy81, March 02, 2011, 10:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

The First Amendment is unique to the US in Europe for example denying the holocaust or advertising neo-nazi activities is illegal. We view it as this the morons can say what they like unless its actively promoting an illegal activity its good they say what they want most people will simple counter it with opposing messages. That is what happened here in this case most of us agree the church is full of morons if they do this but look at the messages here its countered by enlightened people that see this as a negative thing to do and denounce it on personal conviction.

Callie Del Noire

I LOVE THIS WOMAN.. and fyi.. she's wrong.. the final count was 44 protestors..so Lamponelli donated 44,000 in the name of the Westboro Baptist Church. (When i win the megaball lottery, I'll be hosting at least 1 show a year for her in Topeka.. LOL)

Comedian Lisa Lampanelli versus the Westboro Baptist Church

TheVillain

I keep in mind that the WBC is only a church in the loosest sense of the word. Last time I checked, only 3 members of the WBC aren't related to Reverend Phelps by blood or marriage and they're a husband, wife, and one of their kids.

But yeah, as much as laying a fat ban in their breakfast cereal would be keen, I can't think of a way to do it that doesn't open the doors for something worse.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Oniya

I kind of like the idea of making donations to charities in response to them.  It turns the negative into a positive.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on May 25, 2011, 01:55:38 PM
I kind of like the idea of making donations to charities in response to them.  It turns the negative into a positive.

Not to mention you can practically HEART their blood pressure go up at the announcement. It does my small petty petty heart good to know that they took no comfort from that.

I should be a better person.. but I'll take the warm feeling of knowing she probably spent more than she made on the show, gets a tax right off and maybe took years off their life in the process.

Oniya

Even if it was a bunch of ordinary people donating $5 per protestor, it would still a) tweak the WBC, and b) get funding to some worthy causes.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Noelle

Maybe they'll be like sister hate groups and orbit around each other, forever picketing the other while the rest of us stand back untouched.

Just a thought, anyway.

TheGlyphstone

I actually went to the KKK website once, as part of an unrelated bet/dare - they have a disclaimer at the bottom denouncing and repudiating any association with the WBC.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 17, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
I actually went to the KKK website once, as part of an unrelated bet/dare - they have a disclaimer at the bottom denouncing and repudiating any association with the WBC.

Whoa.. wow.. that just.. broke my surreal setting.

Belle33

Quote from: TheVillain on May 25, 2011, 01:49:37 PM
I keep in mind that the WBC is only a church in the loosest sense of the word. Last time I checked, only 3 members of the WBC aren't related to Reverend Phelps by blood or marriage and they're a husband, wife, and one of their kids.

But yeah, as much as laying a fat ban in their breakfast cereal would be keen, I can't think of a way to do it that doesn't open the doors for something worse.

Well put.  Fortunately, there are many ways we can honor our fallen heros in privately. 

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Oniya

Not to mention, at least two of his sons have broken from the WBC.