Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

when it comes to the poll I voted factions for the sake of variety but honestly I'm more familiar with Fate as a free for all so I could go either way *shrugs*

and glad to see Orochi actually decided to join us *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Lynnette

I voted FFA simply because that's what I am most familiar with in regards of the Fate franchise. I couldn't really care less either way :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

I voted factions, because that would open things up a bit more when it comes to various characters interacting. Besides, in my mind I thought it might be cool to have something like Fate/Apocrypha, where two factions and thus two of the same servant types, making for fourteen total, such as the berzerker belonging to the black faction (Frankenstein's monster) and the beserker belonging to the red faction (Spartacus) existing at the same time. Who doesn't want to see two of the same type square off against each other? Saber vs saber or even tag teams of servants duking it out.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Lynnette

well I guess I'd better get started on my own character.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

I might make a Templar or Executor bystander if either is allowed.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Lynnette

I swear, there's nothing better than finding a character image with a transparent background so that you don't have to do it yourself <3
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 18, 2014, 08:08:14 AM
I swear, there's nothing better than finding a character image with a transparent background so that you don't have to do it yourself <3

I know that feel. ;D
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Zaer Darkwail

I voted for factions for more varied interaction between masters and servants but fine also for free for all.

Kunoichi

I voted for the factions option because I think that the free for all route is actually something that's rather difficult to do as a freeform roleplay. ^^; At it's core, it's basically just a big seven-way PVP game, and for that you either need a lot of active moderation, or else some sort of system in place to adjudicate how fights go.  But then, when you start bringing systems into play, you start getting into big problems with Masters and Servants being on completely different levels from one another, which brings in its own set of problems...

Basically, the factions option just seems like a much easier way to handle a Fate game to me, compared to the standard Holy Grail War setup.

pendarious

Fate was set up rather oddly to begin with it was like they were going to make it either a card game or a stat based battle game but in the end they just went with a visual novel style that didn't include a stat based combat system instead it just provided options that had a predetermined outcome. The anime that fallowed kept the stat based principle as it is mentioned that masters are able to see the parameters of servants. Then games like Fate/Extra came out where stats did play a bigger role but were still only vaguely important as with most stat based games if you leveled high enough it didn't matter what the stats read because you'd still be stronger than your enemies.

So converting Fate into a system based rp would be ridiculously difficult especially if you went with the stat parameters given on the Type Moon wiki. Fate as Freeform rp is also difficult because people don't exactly like to lose so getting a group together that has enough people willing to die or lose or whatever is quite difficult. So the dynamics provided by the factions could help to balance out the problems as long as enough people agree on how to work the two. Plus if need be you can turn one faction soley into NPC's so that there is only narrative casuality to be a pain in the but.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Garuss Vakarian

Personally I never have a problem letting my character die in free form, or stat based. Stories dont just have characters die. Some times, a story NEEDS a character to die. It just feels more real that way. Especially in a story with real risk involved. Be it monsters, a war, or ancient spirits duking it out. :P . I usually just make 2 or so characters. Pick one I like so that I can stay in the rp. And let the other two die off when it is necessary, and dramatically awesome. That being said, Pan, your right. Most dont want to let their characters die. And it is more then a chore to stat Fate. So I came into this prepared for it being difficult. None the less, I am actually happy with the result!

Every single servant except for 1 is taken. And, we have 3 masters. A possible fourth from Kunoichi. And a possible fifth from Melisa's friend. This went so beautifully compared to my previous group rp attempts on other sites. None the less, I am still with fingers crossed that My Saber is out there. Hopefully some one wants to play her. :P .

pendarious

eh I don't mind killing off my own characters either *shrugs* and this has worked out pretty well so far

Orochimaru

Quote from: pendarious on June 18, 2014, 07:27:59 PM
eh I don't mind killing off my own characters either *shrugs* and this has worked out pretty well so far

I can back Pen on this. I personally do not mind dying or losing for my characters as long as it;s not for some total BS reason.

Drake Valentine

Moto, Taiki (Sadao)

Player Name:
Drake Valentine

Character Name:
‘Sadao’ - Moto, Taiki
Mage family?:
None?  - Learned Magecraft and trained by a woman whose a member of the Church's Burial Agency.
Role:
Bystander / Observer
Personality:
Sadao is a complex individual, and usually comes off being socially awaked when he attempts to blend in as a normal human being. These he attempts, he does study up on "how to' books, not to any avail. By default he is quiet and observant, emotionless and hollow. This comes from the territory of the morbid events in his past and the killer he has later resigned himself to be. He does not believe this makes him a bad guy, he just is not afraid of getting his hands bloody for the greater good.

He does not act in his self interest, instead he has his set of scales in passing judgment. Naturally it is often forbidden for him to intervene with the normal lives of ordinary humans unless magecraft or other supernatural roles are involved. The Holy Grail War is the same, his place is in the shadows and sidelines. Watching, waiting, and acting when masters breach their bounds.
History:
Trauma Past:
Sadao, not the name the youth was born with nor is the one he openly goes by in the public. The title was something given to him when he was rescued from the hellish life he had been imprisoned with; though for starters one should reflect upon his distant past that is only known mostly to him and what he endured. The horrors his eyes seen, the mute nature that it had left him in years even after being saved. It wasn’t till learning the meaning behind the name that was given him that his eyes would see such a glimmer of light.

The boy live an ordinary life, carefree of most worries. The faces of his family is vague now, just shadowy images left behind in his memory bank. He can usually more visually recall that of the other children that he was with, but holds little remembrance if they were friends or not or fell victims. He can definitely recall the images of those that had damned him and what he has been put through. The boy along with other children were abducted by a heretic cult of mages. Death would have been salvation and sometimes he dreamed of it with the time spent with that group.

Weeks, months, years? Time was lost on the boy, but not the cruel experiments that came. He saw many children become victims; they were nothing more than experiments to the cultists. The horrors of magic running wild in a small body, the screams of the dying. Those that did survive became abominations, tainted and twisted. There were rarer subjects, some whose bodies did not yield right away to the various tests, ‘Sadao’ was one of them.  This alone was not a blessing or for him it wasn’t at the time. To have a resistance meant that he also had a potential of wielding magecraft; which later he will discover. His small body never yielded to disastrous experimentations.

Inevitably the Church’s agents found the hideout of these heretics, but it was too late for most of the children there. The heretics resulted to a cowardly act, before their inevitable demise. They activated the incantations on their remaining subjects, including ‘Sadao,’ robbing almost all of them of their humanity and turning them against the Executors. The boy was the only one to resist the influence of the magecraft, and though some of the Executors were still to prepare to kill him even afterwards, a woman stopped them and decided to take the boy in.
An Alternative Path: -WIP
Striving Towards the Future - WIP

Skills:
Acrobatics:
His body never excelled much on a physical strength side, instead he centered a good portion of his learning suitable to his smaller stature size. As a result, he is quite flexible and agile upon his feet and capable of scaling over objects that some may see as impossible.

Perception:
He possesses keen eyesight, allowing him to generally outline the path of a moving object beforehand. This core perception can even save him from rounds of a bullet if he visually sees the weapon and reacts before it is fired towards him. 

Martial Arts:
Trained in a variety of techniques(mainly unarmed and disarming) since his time spent as an Executor. They may not fall a demon or noble servant, though up close he is more than capable of bringing down a heretic mage or master. 

Magecraft and Other Specializations:
Counter Magic:
A Magecraft that disrupts the activity of Magic Circuits, thus preventing the conversion of prana and the casting of spells.
Elemental Magic:
He has study elemental magic, although he does not directly use it. He has a base knowledge around it and that is going as far as a stepping stone to learn how to enchant or inscribe his Black Keys with magic attributes.

Black Keys:
Are charms used by agents of the Church to repel demons. They take the form of long rapier-like swords (although they are generally thrown as a dagger or used to stab opponents). They are considered to be symbolic and have weak attack power, but its attack power is still enough to pierce through concrete walls. The amount of skill required to properly wield them causes the Black Keys not to be used often. They excel at interfering with and damaging spiritual phenomena rather than damaging them physically. The effect on beings like Servants is minimal but they are very effective against the creatures that are being hunted down by the Church, like the Dead Apostles. If they hit the shadow of a target, the target will be unable to move their body, leaving them to the mercy of the black key's wielder. It could also be used to track down and seal or injure a target until its wielder tells it to stop doing so, or unless it is destroyed or neutralized by an outside force. Expert Executors are capable of materializing the blades by passing prana through an object, such as pages of a bible, allowing them to carry and conceal hundreds of hilts at a time. This practice falls category of sacraments rather than thaumaturgy. - http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Church#Executors

Baptism Sacrament:
Purification Incantations. The sole mystery that is freely taught to all members of the Church. A simple ritual with an aria that falls on the Ten-Count category, it is capable of exorcising Demons and sending Wraiths back to the world of the dead. Possess weak capacities of physical interference, but its power is overwhelming against spiritual bodies. Ineffective against spirits on the level of Servants though.

Cremation Sacrament:
A spell sigil engraved in the Black Keys that makes them burn once they pierce the target. Since it is originated from the "heretical" Thaumaturgy, not many Executors can use this.

Dokhma Sacrament:
A spell sigil engraved in the Black Keys that makes them dehydrate the target once hit by the blades.

Interment Sacrament:
A spell sigil engraved in the Black Keys that causes petrifaction of the target once hit by the blades.

Jhator Sacrament:
A spell sigil engraved in the Black Keys that call forth crows to devour the target that was pierced by the blades.  - http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Magic_Spells

Seal:

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Orochimaru on June 18, 2014, 07:39:20 PM
I can back Pen on this. I personally do not mind dying or losing for my characters as long as it;s not for some total BS reason.

Like, die when Gilgamesh bombards you with artifacts out of blue :P.

Just saying some noble phantasms can be ridiculous powerful when played in correct circumstances (situational ones anyways).

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Orochimaru on June 18, 2014, 07:39:20 PM

Lol, like: "Hey, your getting in a relationship with so and so. But I wanted to. Mind if your character died?" Yes. I was asked this before.

Drake: Gonna pm you when I am done looking at the character. ^^

Orochimaru

Zaer and Garruss... BOTH of you are asking to be licked at this point. -_-

Garuss Vakarian

>_<; That was hilarious. Lol.

Orochimaru

That was kind of the point. =P

pendarious

Kunoichi

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 18, 2014, 07:19:18 PM
A possible fourth from Kunoichi.

I'd say it's gone from 'possible' to 'probable' at this point. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player Name: "My every move is being strictly controlled by that smoking hot Kunoichi babe over there.  It is exactly as kinky as it sounds. <3"

Character Name: "I'm Aisha Flores, one of those mage-killing mercenaries you've heard so much about.  I'm sure it's a pleasure to make my acquaintance."
Age: "I'd say I'm about a 38 DD...  Oh wait, silly me, that's my cup size. :P"
Role: "I'm a First-Rate Magus and the Bestest Master Ever."
Personality: "Some people call me psychotic, but I like to think of myself as cheerful.  I'm on a one-woman quest to put the romance back into necromancer, and I guess that just tends to unnerve some people for some reason.  Or maybe it's the high libido and penchant for violence...  Either way, I'm really just a bundle of fun once you get to know me!  I promise!"
History: "So hey, did you know that the Clock Tower doesn't hold any classes for Witchcraft?  No, seriously, they don't.  You'd think they would, since they go on and on about how powerful ancient mysteries are supposed to be and a lot of witchcraft is based on traditions that predate modern magecraft, but the instant you bring up the fact that lucky rabbits' feet date back to 600 BC and magical flying brooms are still popular today, the snooty professor completely ignores everything you have to say and laughs you right out of the classroom.  And then you set fire to his apartment later that evening for revenge, and even though there's no evidence pointing to you as the culprit he somehow blames it all on you anyway, and winds up harassing you until you get fed up with his bullshit and leave the life of a student behind to go kill people for a living.  And then it turns out he was a vampire the whole time!  Still, I got to bust a cap in his ass after that, so at least that part was awesome.

"Anyway, these days I'm fairly well-known in magical mercenary circles, although I tend to get passed over for jobs sometimes.  I've worked out a nice reputation for myself as The Wicked Witch of the West, since I'm the only one in this line of work who's had much success using Witchcraft to do anything.  And I'm really good at it, too.  Why, just recently, this desperate, noble-born magus came to me with a job that would require someone with the highest of capabilities.  He wants me to summon up a member of the most powerful class of familiars in existence to fight by my side in a massive war being fought over some sacred artifact or other.  I'm not sure if I'm all that hot about participating, but he was pretty cute, and the money's good..."

Seal: WIP

pendarious

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, also whom you would pick as your servant Kunoichi?

Garuss Vakarian

Given her characters back ground Id say Archer or Assassin suits her most. But, that's just me. She can pick whomever she wants!