Star Trek Discovery - new series

Started by HairyHeretic, July 23, 2016, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-Trek-Discovery-Announced-as-The-New-Series-Coming-to-CBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsuM31IC-Q

Comments for after you watch the teaser
This looks ... odd.

The design of the ship and the music both seem to me to have a strong Klingon feel to them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Beguile's Mistress

I know what you mean about being odd and the music not being a good fit.  Unless the new program is a cartoon I don't get a very good feeling out of that trailer.  It looked slapped together as an afterthought.

Gadifriald

It looks like they based that ship off of some concept art for the Starship Enterprise for the Star Trek Phase II series that ended up getting turned into Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

Mathim

Yeah, only about the tail end of the music seemed to fit the general pattern the series uses. But if the rest indicates it's going to be more exciting than the stuff I've usually seen of it (TOS and most of TNG) then I'm all for it. Make it at least as riveting as Doctor Who and we're in business.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Lady Shadow

So it's 2017, and they are still quiet about the release date and what the show is about. They have one star Doug Jones, who looks strange himself. He is in "Bye Bye Man" which premieres this Friday, (can you say yuck), and there are no real news about the new show. So far I am disappointed. All we get to see is a slapped together scene of a ship, like others have said looks kind of Klingon, and the music is terrible. Sigh, reboot hell here we come.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~