Nalerius Rising: The City of Nightmares [LBGTQA Friendly, Supernatural Modern]

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2015, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnie

Black Howling

I have an update for everyone. We now have our first OOC threads in Extreme Small Groups.

OOC Chatterbox I shouldn't have to explain what this is to most of you. Place to chat and talk!

Game Information and Approved Characters This contains all the information in the world building section, though more organized and easier to read... hopefully. It's also where you'll wanna post your sheets once they're approved.

Both are linked in the first post of the recruitment thread too!

bubby

DAMMIT HOWLING!!

See, since you were LATE in PMing me about your awesomesauce idea, the role I got all interested in has been asked for already.  :P

Good luck though, looks fuckin' epic.  ;)

Xanatos

I might try and get in on this, but I'll need to give it some more thought.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: bubby on June 02, 2015, 03:17:05 AM
DAMMIT HOWLING!!

See, since you were LATE in PMing me about your awesomesauce idea, the role I got all interested in has been asked for already.  :P

Good luck though, looks fuckin' epic.  ;)

Not all roles are final just because they are called. You must get approval from at least 2 GM's but with important roles we require all 3 to give approval. So if you send it to us we can still look it over and discuss it. Along with any other people who'd like the role.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lynnie

Here's a question for ya, i am thinking of playing a female solider perhaps a werepanther what kind of job could I get?

ererruz

This seems really interesting... I've got a certain idea that might fit in. Has the Gluttony Arch-Demon been claimed yet? (Although my activity will be fairly low in the next two or so weeks, got finals coming up.; so not sure if that'd be fine.)

Black Howling

Quote from: ererruz on June 02, 2015, 08:50:14 AM
This seems really interesting... I've got a certain idea that might fit in. Has the Gluttony Arch-Demon been claimed yet? (Although my activity will be fairly low in the next two or so weeks, got finals coming up.; so not sure if that'd be fine.)

We have a strict RL first policy, and you'd be giving us more then advanced warning, so that shouldn't be an issue. And no, actually no one has expressed interest in Gluttony yet.

Quote from: Lynnie on June 02, 2015, 08:46:30 AM
Here's a question for ya, i am thinking of playing a female solider perhaps a werepanther what kind of job could I get?

Soldier is a more then legitimate job title, though with how things have been, she wouldn't have had a lot of actual fighting at any point recently. That being said, you could always add a sideline political interest for her. Or perhaps she supplements some extra income via enforcing for one of the primogen or even just gambling and working the crime market. The possibilities are pretty endless there, being only limited by the characters personality.

Lynnie

Xanatos

I did have a question.

Souls were mentioned as being the prime form of currency within the city. In what form? Is the soul taken from the mortal or is it more the contractual and or metaphorical 'owning' of the soul?

Oh and I might like to be a Primogen. What are the associated risks and benefits of said position within the city and this world of evil?

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 02, 2015, 07:15:48 AM
Not all roles are final just because they are called. You must get approval from at least 2 GM's but with important roles we require all 3 to give approval. So if you send it to us we can still look it over and discuss it. Along with any other people who'd like the role.

Ooooohhhhh.. well all righty then! it might take me a few days to get it done, but I'll definitely send it when I do!

Lockepick

Quote from: Xanatos on June 02, 2015, 01:07:20 PM
I did have a question.

Souls were mentioned as being the prime form of currency within the city. In what form? Is the soul taken from the mortal or is it more the contractual and or metaphorical 'owning' of the soul?

Oh and I might like to be a Primogen. What are the associated risks and benefits of said position within the city and this world of evil?

I had a similar question: Is the notion that any demon can take a mortal's soul and then buy/sell it? Or does that have to be specifically a power to 'mint' souls? I assume the soul has to be willingly given (as per part of a trade or in worship)? What form does a stolen soul take -- is it actually a coin or are they like bottles with screaming little spirits inside or whatever?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

bubby

I have questions about Wrath meow. That was not my original character idea, but after perusing, it (of course) has sparked my interest as well. Or at least more then my original char idea. Is it still just 'send in the char sheet and we'll choose' with that character as well?

EDIT: I also want to faceclaim Eva Green.

Xanatos

Heh, another question.

Would any of the GM's take issue with me playing two PC's? I've already got an idea for a pair of lovers. Even with two characters, I can still handle interacting with others. That is not an issue for me.

Lockepick

Apis Merovingian
Alpha / Potnius Demon / No Position of Power
Bee-Themed Drug Dealer / Cult Leader / Party Boy

Character Application

~ ~ ~  Apis Merovingian Played by Lockepick ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Apis Merovingian
Alias / Nickname: n/a
Face Claim:  Michel Santa Rosa
Sexuality:  Homosexual / Submissive
Racial Class: Potnius Demon (Race of Bee-Themed Demons)
Caste: Alpha

Physical Description:  Apis resembles a lithe young man, with blonde hair and darker facial hair. Strong shoulders and chest taper down at his waist, almost as cinched by a corset that would make even professionals cringe. An enticing sweet scent follows him wherever he goes.

Personality:  Like most Potnius Demons, Apis is eager for admiration, power, and basic comfort -- without having to work for it. He prefers to do almost any business during a party, or some other event where he can pretend he's not working. He plays off as more aloof than he is, and has little concern for his personal reputation -- as long as his product is well revered. While he hardly the most equipped to defend himself, he relies upon being a desired 'necessity' in Nalerius for protection. Killing or attacking Apis would mean the ire of all of his loyal addicts, of those he works for, and anybody that's generally looking to have a good time -- and who wants that target on their back? 

History within Nalerius:  Potnius Demons see themselves as the 'queens' of their hive, and the 'drones' are made up of worshipers and slaves. That makes families of Potnius Demons small and distant. The Merovingian line is one of of the more prominent lines, most famous for supporting and reveling in the Merovingian Dynasty that ruled over the Franks for over 300 years. Apis himself wasn't around during the Merovingian Dynasty's height, but can trace his lineage back to those that were.

Apis' lived in the mortal realm for the first half of his life, cultivating different cults throughout the years to keep him comfortable. Over time, he learned to condense and concentrate the trademark pheromones of the Potnius, and he grew to fame in modern Hellfire Clubs and Fraternal organizations. The more modern years, with their advanced technology, made it harder and harder to stay hidden amongst mortals. He made the decision to move to Nalerius, trading away deification amongst mortals for the rich and powerful demon clientele of Nalerius.

After giving out enough free samples for his particular drug to spread through the Beta and Omega communities, he had an addicted and loyal base of clients. He used information gathered from them to get in touch with Alphas, and even began doing business with some of the Primes themselves. He lives comfortably, even for an Alpha, both from the sales of his drugs and in regards to gathering and spreading information.
Weapons:  Stinger/Poison (See Powers)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Bee Control: Any and all bees, wasps, and ants (insects within the Apocrita suborder) are beholden to Apis, though bees in general are his personal preference. Apis can use pheromones to communicate and command those insects to give them tasks and to share information. Regardless of how unintelligent vermin might be, complex thoughts and mental images can be shared both ways.

Hive-Body: Apis gets his oxygen through his skin, and his lungs have been re-purposed into beehives full of assorted honey bees. Apis can summon out the swarm from his mouth on command. This also means that complete submersion in water should be limited at best. Any smoked drugs are typically only taken into his mouth and absorbed there, and never inhaled.

Pheromone Control: Apis can project his own pheromones and tailor what sort of reaction he gets. Lesser minds, such as weaker demons, humans, and animals, are easy to sway into extreme bouts of rage, arousal, fear, calm, sadness, confusion, general giddiness, etc. Stronger minds are either completely immune, or affected on a much more minor or reduced level.

Pheromone Manufacture: All of Apis's bodily fluids (blood, saliva, semen, etc) are syrupy and sickly sweet like honey, carrying concentrated doses of his pheromones. The beehive in his lungs creates more 'traditional' honey that is saturated with those pheromones. The exact effect of those pheromones can be decided at will when they are extracted from him. These fluids are most commonly used to create drugs with euphoric and/or aphrodisiac effects. When Apis is present, the emotions, positive or negative, are directed towards him. The honey and fluids can easily be stored and used by any third parties, the emotional focus of the pheromones determined upon extraction. When Apis is not present and the fluids are imbibed, the emotions are undirected and more general. The pheromone laced fluids can trigger physical and mental addictions in regular clientele, but the rumor is that only the simple and weak are at risk of that...

Enhanced Senses: Apis has an enhanced sense of smell. He can create 'profiles' of people to recognize them later, as well as getting general emotions from the target based on their own pheromones or sweat -- assuming the target is even remotely humanoid/animal.

Stinger/Poison: As a last resort, Apis can force large stingers to emerge from his body that armed with a neurotoxin. Each stinger can be as long as twelve inches, and multiple can be forced to rupture through his skin as needed. He most commonly pulls them through the top of his wrist or back of his elbow. The stingers themselves carry a neurotoxin that causes confusion, vertigo, and general pain.

On's and Off's:  My O/O Page
- Ons: Masculinity; Chemical/Mental Manipulation; Power; Money; Magical Powers
- Offs: Femininity; Romance; Dating

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Warlock

Turning an idea of an information broker in around my head, perhaps putting him/her/it in one of the lower caste, either Ibilith or Omega. Playing all sides and trying to make itself useful enough to not get killed.

Perhaps could tie the character to Sloth, being her creature ultimately and providing her information (Why do it yourself when you have servants that can?)

Imagine the character as the faceless servant pouring your wine because you're too lazy to do it yourself or the concubine already waiting in your bed so you don't have to spend energy on seduction.

Sounds good as a general concept?

Black Howling

This is why I don't like taking naps while recruiting... I finally get stormed with questions....

Ahem,

I did have a question.

Souls are indeed the official currency. Being many of the creatures are demons, they are assumed to be able to make pacts with humans to 'own' their souls upon death. Not all creatures can manage that, though, so metaphorical owning still counts so long as it is present to trade in some form. Melfic also 'mints' souls himself for circulation if required, though that carries a tax. ;)

Benefits are political power and influence within the city. The associated risks are that other people often want that power and can contest it. It's also liekly to get them special tasks required from the higher up, like Melfic or his wife. These tasks, as seen in my second character bio, can be quite dangerous.

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 01:29:58 PM
I had a similar question: Is the notion that any demon can take a mortal's soul and then buy/sell it? Or does that have to be specifically a power to 'mint' souls? I assume the soul has to be willingly given (as per part of a trade or in worship)? What form does a stolen soul take -- is it actually a coin or are they like bottles with screaming little spirits inside or whatever?

Any demon can make pacts or worship to gain souls, or is assumed to, as per the answer above. They may keep it in any form you see them doing so. If 'minted' by Melfic, which is the assumption of how this will go, it takes the form of a coin that varies in size and shape based on the value of the soul in question. Not having it 'minted' is just a method of avoiding any cut he wants, but that often leaves it more vulnerable to theft or escape. (After all, someone could open the bottles after all)

Th coins have little weight, and are made with a method of storing them for trade value. Meaning a character can pull them into, and out of their physical  form.

Quote from: Xanatos on June 02, 2015, 02:08:23 PM
Heh, another question.

Would any of the GM's take issue with me playing two PC's? I've already got an idea for a pair of lovers. Even with two characters, I can still handle interacting with others. That is not an issue for me.

I don't have a character limit up for a reason. I'll allow multiple characters provided the person assures me they can keep up with them. After play starts, this will be judged based on what we've seen from the person in questions activity. So yes, you can make two characters.

Quote from: Warlock on June 02, 2015, 03:14:56 PM
Turning an idea of an information broker in around my head, perhaps putting him/her/it in one of the lower caste, either Ibilith or Omega. Playing all sides and trying to make itself useful enough to not get killed.

Perhaps could tie the character to Sloth, being her creature ultimately and providing her information (Why do it yourself when you have servants that can?)

Imagine the character as the faceless servant pouring your wine because you're too lazy to do it yourself or the concubine already waiting in your bed so you don't have to spend energy on seduction.

Sounds good as a general concept?

As a concept yes, though the player of sloth will have to stamp their approval on the matter. I don't make a habit of answering for other people, so might message Presta about that.

Did I miss anyone? Feel free to ask for elaboration if those answers were a little confusing. (Just woke up from a nap, after all.)

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lockepick

@GMs: So if a soul is not minted by Melfic -- what form does it take?

Just to confirm: A soul can only be in Nalerius if the 'host' is dead? There's no taking the soul from a living person, right?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

Just to confirm: A soul can only be in Nalerius if the 'host' is dead? There's no taking the soul from a living person, right?

Howling will be able to answer this when he gets home. He's getting us food. ^_^ I don't want to say "Yes" or "No" before asking him.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Apis Merovingian
Alpha / Potnius Demon / No Position of Power
Bee-Themed Drug Dealer / Cult Leader / Party Boy

Character Application

~ ~ ~  Apis Merovingian Played by Lockepick ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Apis Merovingian
Alias / Nickname: n/a
Face Claim:  Nameless Hottie
Sexuality:  Homosexual / Submissive
Racial Class: Potnius Demon (Race of Bee-Themed Demons)
Caste: Alpha

Physical Description:  Apis resembles a lithe young man, with blonde hair and darker facial hair. Strong shoulders and chest taper down at his waist, almost as cinched by a corset that would make even professionals cringe. An enticing sweet scent follows him wherever he goes.

Personality:  Like most Potnius Demons, Apis is eager for admiration, power, and basic comfort -- without having to work for it. He prefers to do almost any business during a party, or some other event where he can pretend he's not working. He plays off as more aloof than he is, and has little concern for his personal reputation -- as long as his product is well revered. While he hardly the most equipped to defend himself, he relies upon being a desired 'necessity' in Nalerius for protection. Killing or attacking Apis would mean the ire of all of his loyal addicts, of those he works for, and anybody that's generally looking to have a good time -- and who wants that target on their back? 

History within Nalerius:  Potnius Demons see themselves as the 'queens' of their hive, and the 'drones' are made up of worshipers and slaves. That makes families of Potnius Demons small and distant. The Merovingian line is one of of the more prominent lines, most famous for supporting and reveling in the Merovingian Dynasty that ruled over the Franks for over 300 years. Apis himself wasn't around during the Merovingian Dynasty's height, but can trace his lineage back to those that were.

Apis' lived in the mortal realm for the first half of his life, cultivating different cults throughout the years to keep him comfortable. Over time, he learned to condense and concentrate the trademark pheromones of the Potnius, and he grew to fame in modern Hellfire Clubs and Fraternal organizations. The more modern years, with their advanced technology, made it harder and harder to stay hidden amongst mortals. He made the decision to move to Nalerius, trading away deification amongst mortals for the rich and powerful demon clientele of Nalerius.

After giving out enough free samples for his particular drug to spread through the Beta and Omega communities, he had an addicted and loyal base of clients. He used information gathered from them to get in touch with Alphas, and even began doing business with some of the Primes themselves. He lives comfortably, even for an Alpha, both from the sales of his drugs and in regards to gathering and spreading information.
Weapons:  Stinger/Poison (See Powers)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Bee Control: Any and all bees, wasps, and ants (insects within the Apocrita suborder) are beholden to Apis, though bees in general are his personal preference. Apis can use pheromones to communicate and command those insects to give them tasks and to share information. Regardless of how unintelligent vermin might be, complex thoughts and mental images can be shared both ways.

Hive-Body: Apis gets his oxygen through his skin, and his lungs have been re-purposed into beehives full of assorted honey bees. Apis can summon out the swarm from his mouth on command. This also means that complete submersion in water should be limited at best. Any smoked drugs are typically only taken into his mouth and absorbed there, and never inhaled.

Pheromone Control: Apis can project his own pheromones and tailor what sort of reaction he gets. Lesser minds, such as weaker demons, humans, and animals, are easy to sway into extreme bouts of rage, arousal, fear, calm, sadness, confusion, general giddiness, etc. Stronger minds are either completely immune, or affected on a much more minor or reduced level.

Pheromone Manufacture: All of Apis's bodily fluids (blood, saliva, semen, etc) are syrupy and sickly sweet like honey, carrying concentrated doses of his pheromones. The beehive in his lungs creates more 'traditional' honey that is saturated with those pheromones. The exact effect of those pheromones can be decided at will when they are extracted from him. These fluids are most commonly used to create drugs with euphoric and/or aphrodisiac effects. When Apis is present, the emotions, positive or negative, are directed towards him. The honey and fluids can easily be stored and used by any third parties, the emotional focus of the pheromones determined upon extraction. When Apis is not present and the fluids are imbibed, the emotions are undirected and more general. The pheromone laced fluids can trigger physical and mental addictions in regular clientele, but the rumor is that only the simple and weak are at risk of that...

Enhanced Senses: Apis has an enhanced sense of smell. He can create 'profiles' of people to recognize them later, as well as getting general emotions from the target based on their own pheromones or sweat -- assuming the target is even remotely humanoid/animal.

Stinger/Poison: As a last resort, Apis can force large stingers to emerge from his body that armed with a neurotoxin. Each stinger can be as long as twelve inches, and multiple can be forced to rupture through his skin as needed. He most commonly pulls them through the top of his wrist or back of his elbow. The stingers themselves carry a neurotoxin that causes confusion, vertigo, and general pain.

On's and Off's:  My O/O Page
- Ons: Masculinity; Chemical/Mental Manipulation; Power; Money; Magical Powers
- Offs: Femininity; Romance; Dating

Your face claim is Michel Santa Rosa

More Pics:

On a similar note: If you can't find your face claims name, let me know via PM with the chosen pic. I have dark naughty ways of finding things out.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Sirian Eve

Hmmm

Good questions. Also I think I'll reserve  Charles Micheal Davis as my face claim.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Black Howling

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

I guess I made that a little confusing last time. It can take whatever form you picture it taking. Not everyone is going to have the same methods, I just have the official one detailed. I guess I could make an arbitrary ruling that says they are all in smoke filled bottles that howl, but that makes them seem less effective as currency. Perhaps that's why people have them 'minted' in the first place.

As for the second question, no, a pact yet to die is still a soul. In this case, it likely comes in the form of a contract or even some blood brand. Make it make sense. The idea is it has power behind it, it's not completely on a physical level. Though it's likely to be seen as something of a check rather then cold hard cash. This is actually something I'd been sorta excited about, because it adds plot to the game in some ways.

Lockepick

Sounds neat! You could easily say that the minted coins are the 'official currency.' Like the basis that everything else is compared to -- like foreign exchange.

Might be worth adding something to the character sheet of what form their souls take, or what form unfinished contracts take, for each demon!

Fenrir

*plants a flag of interest*

I have a lot to read more to read.  My initial reaction is to be very interested in the Arch Demon of Wrath- considering it happens to be my own personal vice and I always enjoy playing such character.  I'm sadden (or pissed off *snickers at her own lame joke*) that it's possibly taken, so I'll be trying to roll around another few ideas and see if I can find a solid one to propose.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)