Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Oh, and I replied to your PM btw ;)

avt2

Oh yeah? Well I replied to your reply!

So where should I have 052 be? Who would like her to join up with them?

Gladiator0161

You should probably have her near TyKing's character, Private Matthew Fry, and GoldenTouch's character, Spartan 636 - Adelaine "Addie" or Shadow. Gladiator, Patric, and Valkyrie are near the pierr going to meet up with them but, they're deeper within the city and my Spartan and Sushi's are going to be a little late as they have to find a working vehicle, or two, to carry all of them in.

Another possibility is you could have your character meet up with Ashia Starstreaks's character, Shana, Hunter Pheonix's Spartan character, Hunter, and my other character (well not really mine, I'm just taking him over because he's too cool of a character to just let go since the owner left, lol ;P ) ODST Sergeant "Sling". They're in a mall basement in a emergency medical room.

Hunter Phoenix

Could do with the backup, all of the teams are a little battered, but right now we have a sergeant with a broken leg, a spartan with broken ribs and a broken leg and I get the feeling we could struggle. But if you feel like it would be better to get the other team sorted first and then meet up in the mall so we can hole up and get sorted out for the long haul then that would be great as well.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

avt2

Hmm, I imagine Hunter's team would need more help, with the two injuries, but I don't mind meeting up with Private Fry and Addie-636.

Hunter Phoenix

Sounds like a plan to meet up with them instead of our team, we're holed up nicely at the moment so we can handle most things. If we all work up towards meeting up somewhere, possibly the mall for the supplies and we can all sort out wounds that we have picked up, then we can progress from there with the rest of the mission.

avt2

Okay, sounds good.

Addie hasn't made contact with Fry yet, right? Do we know if the two of them are still active?

The Golden Touch

Still around. You're welcome to meet up with us.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Gladiator0161

Ok, everyone meets up at the mall after me and Ashia get everyone rounded up. Sounds like a plan :)

Sorry with the delay with Gladiator's post, been kinda busy and distracted with some more bad news. Another friend of mine died early Monday morning, so I get to go to another funeral... *sighs*. I was kinda prepared for this one though, my friend's health has been bad. Anyway, I'll try to get a post up tonight.

Hunter Phoenix

Sorry to hear about your friend dude.

Gladiator0161

avt2

Gladiator, sorry to hear about that :(

Also, I guess I'll post after you go, and try to steer my character in the direction of Golden Touch?

ashia starstreak

My next posts will bring Jacobs toward Shana..rather..Shana's trap..ouch..

In other news..6hrs on heroic for Halo 4 :/ guess that's alright for a halo game to beat. I loved the graphics and the new screen you go into when climbing up, that was pretty neat. I loved flying the ship in the end, but I blew up sooo many times.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

avt2

Kay Golden Touch, I put Lola right in front of you. I noted that Addie paused shooting the grunts to respond to Gladiator, so sometime then is when Lola sees a few survivors and takes care of them. Hope that's an okay entrance for you, I'm really pooped right now! Let me know if you want me to edit anything.

Gladiator0161

I should probably point out to you Avt2 that the collapsed building that Sling was caught in, if that's what you were writing about. Is on the other side of the city and across the bridge, nearer to where Shana and Hunter are.

If that's not what you were writing about, please ignore the above comment, lol. Hmmm...come to think of it, I should probably put up a map of the areas I'm talking about so you guys have a better idea of the distance that I'm talking about...idk if I can do it on photobucket anymore though...only one way to find out though.

So, yay, or nay to the map idea?

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

avt2

Sure, that's probably a good idea. But no, I was just writing about a random building, not the one Sling was caught in. Sorry for the confusion!

Hunter Phoenix

ashia starstreak

And so it's been decided. Dooo eet Gladiator. It'll help with my mental imaging. I'm a picture book kind of reader after all ;)

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

Ok, so here's the best that I could do with Photobucket's editing options, which suck btw. Not every circle is an exact location but, it is generally the idea that I got from what we've all written. Where Gladiator, Patric and Valkyrie are is based upon what I wrote in that action scene a few posts ago with him driving the Warthog and Patric manning the gun.

Hopefully that'll help everyone with a basic layout. Also, I just remembered this, when I wrote that they crossed the bridge, they crossed the bridge into Manhattan based upon this map.

Now because we're in Halo's universe and they never really got into that much detail when it came to Earth and all that, we can mess with that a little bit. Or we can just leave  Manhattan where it is and just roll with it. Either option is fine with me.

avt2

Where are Golden Touch's character and Matt Fry?

Edit: Edited for grammar and comprehensibility!

Gladiator0161

I don't really know where exactly they are but, they should be around Gladiator and Valkyrie's position, give or take two or three blocks. Maybe more. So, basically, anywhere ahead of Gladiator and Valkyrie's location is where Private Fry and Addie are.

Gladiator0161

So, did the map help at all? I hafta admit that I probably should have pulled the initial crash site more towards the center of the map but, meh, close enough.

Oh, Avt2 I noticed something in your last post, not trying to nit-pick just thought I'd bring it to your attention. When you first began the post, you introduced your character as Petty Officer 3rd class Lola-95..but, later on you put this-

QuoteLola-052 slowed down, raising her M392 in a ready position.

So, I'm just asking, is her Spartan number 52 or 95?

avt2

Bah, thanks. I keep accidentally putting 052 when I'm distracted, but it should be 95.

Gladiator0161

Haha, no problem. Got a thing for Jorge from Reach eh? That's his number 052 ;)