My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeFox

Timber Crash started to go pale as the horrifying filly made her speech. He narrowed his eyes, forcing himself to stand his ground beside Heavy Hoof. "You're... you're what's left of Nightmare Moon?" he gasped, looking back at Luna again. "That's impossible! You... she was..." he trailed off as he realised that he didn't exactly know the full story of how Nightmare Moon became Princess Luna again.

He turned back to the filly and snorted, stamping at the ground. "I don't care where you came from or how powerful you are. The Princess is more powerful than you, and if you touch one more of these trees, I will personally drag you all the way to the edge of the world and push you off! So you'd better change your tune or you're going to regret it!"

The young stallion trembled like a leaf, wanting to recoil from the filly's disturbing aura, but rage at the deforestation had filled him with adrenaline, and he couldn't let himself back down no matter how much he wanted to.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

Pestilence looked at the lot of them, anger growing in her eyes. "SO YOU DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY BECAUSE MY HOST BODY IS A FILLY? YOU THINK YOU CAN TALK DOWN TO ME?! ALLOW ME TO SHOW YOU WHY YOU SHOULD FEAR!" The little filly swung her head towards No Mark and her face lit up with an evil smile. Her horn glowed a sickly black-green and No Mark started to rise into the air protesting.

There was a flash of black-green light. No Mark screamed once, then vanished.

Pestilence looked back at the others with the same nasty smile. "ANYONE ELSE CARE TO MOCK ME?!"

Luna finally got back to her hooves. "Run. All of you. Get back to Maneflow. Together I know you can stop her. I...I'll hold her here." Thunder began to gather and lightning to flare as the alicorn princess stood before her newfound friends to shield them with her body and magic. 

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk frowned though her bravado had faded she needed to stand tall next to the princess. "Princess I cannot leave your side" Her horn lit up as she began to collect magical energy her cape fluttering around her. She really didn't want Luna to fight alone and as her friend and Aide she couldn't leave her side either. This battle could be the end of her but that was fine as long as she did her job.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

FazzEagle

"Whoa...! Where'd Blank Flank go??"

The pony was startled and he cautiously took a step back. This filly actually meant what she said.

But, when Luna offered to hold the Pony off on her own, Heavy Hoof stood his ground, sharing Luminescent's decision.

"No can do, Princess," Heavy Hoof said, "Heavy Hoof doesn't run from anyone! ... even if that 'anyone' is a crazy filly with unbelievable magic that could make Ponies disappear. If you need the strength, the Hoofster's at your service! Besides..." Heavy Hoof looked back at the filly and straightened himself, puffing up his manly body forward and keeping his hooves firm on the dying grass. "Friend. Stick. Together...! ... wow, that sounded more cheesy than I thought."

HopeFox

Timber Crash looked up at No Mark with shock as his fellow stallion screamed and disappeared. He whinnied in fear, his eyes rolling back in his head as he turned back to face Pestilence. "What did you do to No Mark?" he shrieked, taking two steps backwards.

He turned to Luna as she gave her order to run back to Maneflow, then nodded along with Heavy Hoof's assertion. "We don't want to leave you here, Princess! I'll... I'll go back to Maneflow if there's something there that can help you... but what?"

Empyrean

Each of the three ponies could feel a warmth growing within them. It was soft at first, then it suddenly burst into a bright blaze. The blaze surrounded each of the three in a different color light. Luminescent Dusk's was a faint dark purple. Heavy Hoof's a radiant yellow. And Timber Crash a deep forest-green. Luna looked at the three of them in shock, then her eyes widened as Pestilence backed up a step or two.

Luna looked at her three friends in awe. "I've only ever seen a glow like that twice in my life." Her voice was a soft whisper. "Once when my sister and I used the Elements of Harmony to defeat the tyrant Discord, and once when the Elements were used to defeat Nightmare Moon." As sparks of lightning flickered between the three Luna stood in between them all. She never noticed a faint silvery-black light starting to shine from her. "We have to get you out of here! You might be the best hope Maneflow, and Equestria, have!" She closed her eyes and focused hard. A light started at her horn and as Pestilence howled, the four friends disappeared in a flash of light.

Seconds later they reappeared in Heavy Hoof's barn. Luna stepped back and wiped a hoof over a sweaty brow. "That was close! I was so afraid I would lose you all!" Tears of emotion welled in her eyes.

FazzEagle

For once, the pony was silent.

There he was with his new friends standing up for another when suddenly he felt something happening to him. He wasn't quite sure how to describe it but it felt like a warm embrace, and at the same time made him feel braver to further stand his ground. At a quick glance to the side, however, he was surprised when Luminescent Dusk and Timber Crash started to glow. And he did too! He looked over himself, wondering if this yellow glow around his body was something conjured up by the magical filly.

That was, until the Princess explained that she had seen it... and she herself was glowing in her own different color!

"What's going on here??" he asked, but as soon as he looked back at the filly...

... everything flashed before his eyes. Before he knew it, he was back in front of his barn, hearing the familiar music coming from inside.

Though he can't help but feel a little dizzy from the aftereffects of the magic.

"Warn me next time before... *ULP*... you do that again." And he collapsed towards Timber Crash.

HopeFox

Timber Crash tossed his head in confusion as the deep green glow began to emanate from his body. He looked up at Pestilence, also suspecting that this was the evil spirit's work, but a grin spread across his face as he saw the creature backing away from them. He fixed his glare on Pestilence as he listened to Luna's commentary, his eyes not leaving the filly until Luna whisked them away with her magic.

He spun around as the scenery changed, but quickly oriented himself again. "How did we get back here?" he wondered out loud, but a quick look at Luna confirmed the obvious conclusion. "That was close! What do we..." he cut off as Heavy Hoof collapsed, and he quickly shouldered the large stallion's weight, planting his hooves on the floor of the barn. "... do now?"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk was surprised as she felt the soft warmth. She soon noticed the aura around her and blinked before looking around. She could see each of her three remaining friends was also aglow. "what?" she asked softly. She soon found herself and her friends warped back to Heavy hoofs barn.

"Princess we are here and you needn't cry" she stated softly as she approached luna. She placed a hoof on the alicorns shoulder "together we are all friends and we can get through this your highness I'm sure"
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Empyrean

Luna wiped at her eyes with a hoof, unable to still the outpouring of emotion. She managed a smile though, at Dusk's words, and came over to check on Hoof and Crash.

"I don't know exactly what happened just now. I've only seen glows like this three times in my life, and all of them involved the Elements of Harmony being used. But since the Element-bearers are in Ponyville, I don't know what would cause such a glow to come from you three." She showed no awareness of her own glow. "But maybe we can use this to help fight Pestilence. First though, we should make sure the three of you are alright, and then see to the ponies of Maneflow."

pendarious

"Princess you yourself emitted a similar glow" Luminescent Dusk remarked idly as she sat down where she had stood. "I'm alright though I'm not so sure about the other two"

FazzEagle

"We're fine." Heavy Hoof said as he slowly got off of Timber Crash, to whom he flashed an apologetic smile.

"Yeah, about all that glowing ..." Heavy Hoof said, rubbing the back of his head, "What -was- all that anyway? Tree Lover was glowing; Lumy was glowing; you were glowing... and -I- was glowing. It felt so weird... like I was grabbed by a giant warm hand... whose warmth reached the deepest part of my soul..."

Heavy Hoof stopped himself there realizing how he almost rambled on like a poet, and he cleared his throat before moving towards the barn.

"... I mean, let's go see how the other ponies are doing...! Poor ponies must be tired from all that partying."

HopeFox

Timber Crash straightened up as Heavy Hoof took his own weight again, and gave the other stallion a playful nudge with his nose. "Yeah, I think we're all alright."

He looked around the barn, remembering what had just happened. "What about No Mark, though? Do you have any idea where he might be now, Luna? Is there anything we can do for him?" He hung his head as he paced around. "I'm sorry I got so angry, everypony. I just... saw what that thing was doing to the forest, and I couldn't stand it. I'm not normally a violent pony..."

Timber leant against one of the walls of the barn. "Anypony mind if I wait here for a bit? I want to calm down a bit before I go talk to anypony else."

Empyrean

Luna looked at Crash sadly. "I can't say for sure where he is now. Pestilence has a cruel sense of humor. If I had to guess, I would say the Moon, but I can't feel him up there. Either she's hiding him from my senses or he's somewhere I can't sense him at all."

She looked away, then at the other two. "I was glowing too? I...I'm not sure what that means. I can send to sister with the news. I'd prefer it if we handled this problem ourselves but she should know, just in case. And maybe one of her scholars can tell us more about the glow." She raised her head, hearing the sounds of the party getting underway. She sighed, then started towards it. "Crash, of course you can rest. You can all rest if you'd like. I'll go and break the news to the other ponies and calm them down before any panic starts. We need to devise a strategy and any head start you get on that would be helpful." She started out of the barn towards the party.

HopeFox

Timber Crash nodded in gratitude to Luna and let himself slump to the floor, stretching out his legs. "Thank you. I just... don't like being angry. I don't like the way it makes me feel."

He reached out with his front legs and dragged a pile of hay under his head. "Okay, we can figure this out," he said, mostly to himself. "Those poor trees... we have to do something. So who is Pestilence and why is she doing this? Who... wait." He looked up at Luminescent Dusk. "If that was the thing that made the Princess into Nightmare Moon... then... who was Pestilence first? She was a unicorn... green coat, red tail... black circle where her cutie mark should be, that's weird. If she lived around here, we should be able to figure out who she was... and maybe help bring her back."

He stopped and drew himself up onto his knees. "Wait a minute. She said she'd kill us for the way we'd treated her. What's that supposed to mean? That must be a clue."

FazzEagle

"Well, I'm pretty sure -I- haven't done anything to her," Heavy Hoof said, "... unless she was one of those little fillies who wanted to date little ol' me and I told them they were too young. What can I say? The Hoofster is manly to all ages. Seriously though, if you ask me..."

Heavy Hoof pushed open the door to his barn, only to stop midway.

"Uh... Tree Lover?" Heavy Hoof asked, "... where did you say you got the food from?"

HopeFox

Timber Crash hauled himself up onto his hooves, pressing his forehead against the wall of the barn. "Okay, I'm good to go. Maybe we can ask around and see if anypony knows about a missing filly. You'd think her parents would have told the Mayor she was missing by now, though.

"The food?" He tilted his head to one side, pondering. "I bought it all from Lucerne's Hay and Herbs... wait." He ran to the door, peering out. "You don't think any of the tainted food got into the party, do you? Lucerne keeps her own stock - that food would have been in her shop for a few days at the very least, right?"

He turned back to Luminescent Dusk. "Dusk!" he called. "You can trace this taint, right? Can you tell if any of it got into the party food?"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk had watched the whole conversation unfold her mind drifting back to the words of Pestilance. However Timber Crashes alarmed question brought her mind back to the preasent. "Well I can detect it yes..." her horn began to glow and she looked into the barn trying to determine whether or not any of the taint had indeed gotten into the barn.

Her mind was aswirl with the image of No Mark vanishing and of the tiny filly that Pestilance was using as a host. However the filly's words still haunted her mind. The fact that she wanted revenge for the way everyone had treated her. That made her wonder. If the words were to be believed then NightMare Moon wasn't gone just yet.

Empyrean

Luna returned after a good half hour of trying to calm the panicky ponies down. It had never ceased to amaze her, how quickly ponies could panic in a crisis. Still, she'd gotten the mayor and a few brave ponies to go out and corral the masses in the town square. She'd spent another good half-hour reassuring the people of Maneflow that things would be okay and they would not be left defenseless against this powerful foe that threatened them. Then she had stepped back to let the Mayor handle the nerve-soothing while she went off in a private corner and fell into a trance. In that state she could reach out with her magic and the special bond that had always been there to contact her sister.

Dusk in the meantime had discovered no trace of the taint in the food.

When Luna came back to the others could see the strain of the last few hours in her eyes. Her voice was all business, however. "Okay. I've prevented a riot from breaking out and the Mayor is helping to calm things down. I've contacted Celestia. She's put her staff and her prize pupil to work finding answers for how Nightmare Moon could have lived on to become Pestilence and what happened to us when we escaped her. For now, I suggest you all get some sleep. We'll need all our strength in the morning. I'll remain on guard through the night and alert you if there are any more problems." 

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof would have lent a helping hoof to the Mayor into calming the ponies down, using his familiar charisma and presence to assure them that everything will be fine - though the stallion himself faced difficulties here and there such as being trampled on in an attempt to stop a stampede. However, in the end, the ponies were gathered in the Town Square, where they all continued to chatter and worry about what was going on. Once Heavy Hoof himself arrived, he would soon meet up with the rest of his friends, and of course the ever-growing tired princess.When Luna suggested that she would stand guard for the night so the rest could replenish their strength, Heavy Hoof stepped forward from the others and said:

"No can do, Princess," the mighty stallion said, "The Hoof thinks you're the one who needs to get some rest. Sides, 'strength' is my specialty - I got tons of it always awake and ready!" Then the Stallion would lean to the side, grabbing Timber Crash and then pulling him closer by force. "And of course... Tree Lover here will stand on guard with me! Isn't that right, Tree Lover? Of course it is. SO BRING IT ON!" He squeezed the stallion with his mighty arm for a short moment before letting go and looking over at Luminescent Dusk. "Hey, Lumy. Make sure the Princess here gets back home and make sure both of you get some rest. Don't worry - we'll tell the other Ponies to go back to their homes and leave everything... to the Hoofster! ... oh and Tree Lover too."

HopeFox

Timber Crash spent some time mingling with the townsponies - not addressing them as the Mayor and Heavy Hoof did, but going from family to family, sharing his faith in the Princess with them and assuring them that everything would be alright. He also quietly made inquiries to whether anypony knew of a young unicorn filly going missing.

He nodded as Princess Luna outlined her plan. "We'll solve this together, everypony. I know we'll get to the bottom of this, and we'll get No Mark back from wherever Pestilence sent him. Let's get some... urk!" He was cut off as Heavy Hoof grabbed him, but leaned his head against the larger stallion's flank companionably. "Uh... sure. We can split the night, though. Change over at midnight, I think? I'm really not a night owl, know what I mean?"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk smiled softly "No there are no traces of the poisons in the food." however her smile faded as they were stuck dealing with the riots. Finally things settled. She was lost in thought as the others discussed luna's plans and their own. "Princess You should rest tonight You seem to have suffered more than the rest of us....I will rest by your side if you so desire"

Empyrean

She looked hesitant. "Are you certain? As Princess, my duty is to protect my subjects. But if you insist then I will rest. Just raise me when it's time to lower the moon, okay?"

FazzEagle

"Won't be a problem, Your Majesty," Heavy Hoof would say. "Me and ol' Tree Lover here are going to make sure no.... magic filly will ever cause trouble to this town. So you just rest up and we'll report to you first thing in the morning!" Then, he turns to face Timber Crash again. "Alright, at ease, soldier! This is going to be a very long night but we're going to get through it! Why? Because you're in one of the best teams in all of Equestria, that's why! ...Team Hoofster. You're going to rest up for a few and I'll wake you up at 0300. Then you can keep a look out for the rest of the night. Do I make myself clear, soldier?!"

HopeFox

"We're sure, Luna," agreed Timber Crash. "And you've got a better idea of what's going on than any of us, so you need to be at your best."

He stood sharply to attention as Heavy Hoof addressed him, looking momentarily confused. "Uh... that's right, we are the best!" he chimed in. "I'll be up bright and early at... when's three hundred?"

Timber Crash started kicking together a pile of straw for his nap, giving Heavy Hoof a confident smile. "We won't let anything past us! If I see anything, I'll wake everypony up and we'll deal with it! Because we're awesome, that's why!"