War zone: New York (interest thread)

Started by azzmeister89, September 03, 2018, 07:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

New York city is home to many large gangs, crime families and criminal organisations that deal in everything from drugs, sex trafficking, gun smuggling and everything inbetween.
The police are having a hard time keeping on top of everything and the civilian population is running scared.

A hacker with genius level IQ has used his/her skills to gather up everything they can on the high level members of almost every gang including the mafia crime families and even the New York branch of the Yakuza. The file has then been so heavily encrypted that nobody could get into it without the hackers help.

A ambitious D.A has received word of this file and has agreed to build a case that will all but stop crime in New York city if successful however they need the flash drive with that file.
A detective must now get the hacker to the D.A's office whilst gang members from all over attempt to kill them and battle against police, SWAT and FBI in a city wide war zone.

Miroque

Basicly, an modified "Escape from NY", "Escape from LA" and "The Warriors" all in one?

how many players are you looking for?

azzmeister89

Well ,I'm going to be playing the detective so I'll need one to play the hacker, one for the D.A and then as many as I can get to play various law enforcers and gang members

EvieFrye

Oh, I love the idea of this. Can I be the hacker? It’s one of my favorite things to fantasize about. Also is there a chance romance can get involved?

azzmeister89

Romance wasn't really something I had considered but if you think you can find a way to use it then sure, as for being the Hacker I don't have a problem, both Hacker and D.A can be either gender so It could be open to anyone

EvieFrye

I was just thinking, if the hacker and detective are together for how ever long it takes, feelings may form. May not reach romantic levels, but if it is natural, you may never know. If you want to keep it’s as they are fond friends that’s fine too.

azzmeister89

Well the idea is that the detective was the one who took the origional statement from the hacker so they have only recently met but it's possible they could develop feelings due to the situation.

EvieFrye

Yeah. Like I said, see what happens naturally. ^^ Is there a limit to how you want the hacker to be? Apart from age?

azzmeister89

Obviously 18 at the youngest but I'm thinking early to mid twenties is ideal, IQ high enough to be a genius so probably not very good with people. Other then that I have no preferences.

TheHangedOne

If you're looking for an active antagonist, I'd be more than willing to do something like Yakuza, Triad, or the like.  Low level thug (A 49er), or 'red pole' (Enforcer/boss with goons) level, depending on what you're looking for.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

The more thugs, gang leaders and cops I can get the better. I want this to get really violent. The bad guys want the hacker dead like yesterday and the D.A too, they will do anything to make sure the file with all the information stays out the light so they will be coming hard.

The D.A is safest as he/she is held up under a lot of protection but the hacker is out in clear danger

TheHangedOne

Sounds like an opportunity for a Triad Enforcer to take advantage of.  >:)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

EvieFrye

Ok, I think I know what my hacker will be like. Do I need to have a picture of her? And what level of tech do you want? I can do basic, or almost sci-fi.

nailcrosser

I love a good crime game. Mind if I create my own gang? I’ll play the leader and disposable henchmen as needed.

azzmeister89

Keep the tech modern and believable if you can and I'll add a character sheet template soon.

New gangs are always good so welcome to the game

EvieFrye

Ok, so I’m thinking utilizing tablets and wifi and stuff then.

azzmeister89

Yes, your character will be pretty much a god when a touch screen or keyboard is involved.

EvieFrye

Nice. Sorry I asked so much, its just I've seen alot of examples of hackers in media, and they all have had different ways. So I wanted to narrow it down to what you felt appropriate.

Maeve

I'm interested. Definately want to see where this one goes.