Phantom of the Opera, Remixed and Reimagined | NEED PHANTOM & MME GIRY

Started by NoraVonElliquiy, December 31, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoraVonElliquiy

So I have a little bit of an interest check to run by you all. Don't know how big or small this RP could be, but I feel like it touches upon a few points that everyone here seems to love.

CURRENT STAGE: STILL RECRUITING/PLOTTING
So far, it looks like we may be leaning more towards 1920's (see below), and we have two characters taken! Since we're still looking for more players, more is still in the open!

Okay, I Get That It's Phantom of the Opera, But What's Different?
Same characters and setting for POTO, but there's a murder mystery and bigger theater/business conspiracy? Time setting is also up in the air, but I'm thinking 1910's to 1920's. The tone for this can range from serious to not-so-serious at all.

So What's Up with the Characters?
Maybe (or mostly) Phantom and Raoul became friends before the Phantom ever became involved with Christine. I came up with our Christine Daae, but she's a lot less of a wilting flower and a whole lot more Nancy Drew. All of the other characters can be different as well. Maybe Raoul ends up with Meg instead. Who knows?

So This Is A Group RP? And You're The GM?
A lot of details are still in the air and I am 1000% open to this being a group RP, if we can pull that off (if we have up to three people? I'm not sure). I love collaborating, so let's talk about details!

Character Line-Up:
Raoul - Taken
Christine Daae - Taken
The Persian(?) - Open
Meg Giry - Taken
Madame Giry - Open
Opera/Theater Executives - Open
Phantom - Open

I'm Interested! How Can I Jump In? How Do I Claim A Character?
Comment below with your interest and with the character you want to play!

VioletPanda

Ohhh color me interested! I am interested in playing Raoul, and I love the 20s!
*the research begins*
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

NoraVonElliquiy

Alright, Alright, Alriiiight! I'll put you down for Raoul and send you a PM!

Still looking for other members! :D

VioletPanda

I'm totally picturing a really grand theater

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Also...I think it'd be amazing if in addition to plays, they also do live jazz! Not on the same night, of course, but considering how big jazz was at the time, I think it'd be really fitting and awesome.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

NoraVonElliquiy

It could be fun, especially since the 20’s we’re seeing a great deal of wealth and thered be a lot of parties and events.

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

NoraVonElliquiy

We have setting, tentative time period, and a Raoul! Looking for a Meg, Phantom, Mme Giry, and anyone else

AnnieSatin

NoraVonElliquiy

MEG JUST GOT TAKEN!

Who wants to play the Phantom and everyone's favorite Ballet Master, Mme Giry?

NoraVonElliquiy

Got a message from someone asking a question and I just want to clarify that YES, you CAN play two characters, if you want!

Phantom and Mme Giry are the two main needs right now! You can take both if you're so inclined, or you take one of those and then another open on the list.

NoraVonElliquiy

Nykyrian

Seen the broadway show six times and listened to the cassette tapes of it when I was a kid. My absolute favorite boradway show... Count me in for Phantom if this takes off.