Mass Effect: Retribution (Interest closed)

Started by Wargtass, March 19, 2013, 07:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galanthor

Well it does fit into the rough story I had in mind. Wanted to make him strand on a planet and becoming some sort of well intentioned hitman in order to get back on his feet, then try and flee his own bad reputation, so yeah, just name a planet and i can make him do that.

kckolbe

Very sorry, Galanthor.  The idea I'd suggested had been directed at Pink Professional (PP).  Your character being a sniper, though, it made sense that you thought it was directed at you, and I'm sorry for the confusion. 

Of course, Pink Professional might be a good person for you to tie in with.  His char is an assassin who had to step out of business for a few years (I think) while recovering.  Maybe your character had been the one business went to during his departure, or maybe had been in business with him.  Pink's char is on page 1 of this thread, may wanna check it out (along with the others). 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Galanthor

oh...i thought you were stuttering...somehow my mind's a bit...fuzzy today

Pink Professional

@Kckolbe. I'd happily have that hook up, although he wouldn't really want help with the assassination, he'd certainly have needed someone to relay his messages whilst in hospital.

You could have been his 'Go-between' and he would maybe even have formed a friendship with your character, something that will be a struggle to get otherwise, considering Stephen is somewhat cold.

Odanrav

@ Wargtass: If I may ask, I'm a little curious about where you think the thread will start? Whether it be on the Citadel or Fulci Phi or somewhere in between. Just to get an idea of how Nel should enter the mix.

And since others are all interconnecting backgrounds, I'll say Nel is open to the same for anyone who has ideas. Bear in mind the only real oppurtunities are if your character was on Omega or in the Terminus systems about 10 to 12 years ago, or had  dealings with the Quarians at some point. Otherwise, Nel will most likely be an unknown wild card to the group.

kckolbe

Odanrav, I don't think connections are necessary for everyone.  I know that I, personally, need them when developing my character, but for everyone to already know everyone really limits the variety of character interaction.  If you prefer for Nel to be a wild card to the PCs, then be a wild card.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Wargtass

Quote from: Odanrav on March 21, 2013, 05:19:34 PM
@ Wargtass: If I may ask, I'm a little curious about where you think the thread will start? Whether it be on the Citadel or Fulci Phi or somewhere in between. Just to get an idea of how Nel should enter the mix.

It begins at the ship of the Turian Spectre that has put your team together. Basically in the hangar of the ship, everyone gathered in one place, just to make it easier.
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Ledra will most likely not know anyone in the group previous to the start of the game.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Nini all (:  <3

Odanrav

Quote from: Wargtass on March 21, 2013, 05:38:27 PM
It begins at the ship of the Turian Spectre that has put your team together. Basically in the hangar of the ship, everyone gathered in one place, just to make it easier.

Alright cool, thank ya kindly  good sir'.

Galanthor

Not really satisfied with the outcome, but i hope it's just me being overly critical about myself again. Might also have become quite a bit longer then i expected first.

Name: Callius Thyron

Race: Turian

Class: Infiltrator

Class Specialization: Agent

Appearance: 6'2'' in Height, red markings, prefers red or black coloured armor

History: While Callus was born low in the hierarchie, his parents had great plans for him. Both of them were still serving in the military when Callius was born, but his Mother became instructor afterwards to ensure that he would be looked after. They expected him to become a high ranking officer or even General one day and they were set on doing everything to make that happen. Since he was raised on a boot camp and his parents were set on making him a good soldier, Callius had his first combat training very early even for Turian standards. After School he'd take target practice, train hand to hand combat or just get shot at to desensibilize him against Gunfire. Eventually Callius adapted to such an unusual youth, so that training and shooting became his favourite pasttime. On the other Hand socializing with kids his age became more and more neglected in favour of more training. It was quickly becoming obvious that his progress was not only due to the hard training, but a natural talent for weapons and tech. His parents were very proud of him when sending him of to another boot camp, deeming him already a capable soldier.

Boot Camp should have been uneventful for Callius, but actually it was the first time in his life he was confronted with having to work in a team and treating his comrades. The only reason this didn't end as a disaster was because Callius broke the arms of the first person that tried to show him what happens to the newcommers. In consequence the other young Recruits searched his company to evade the rough treatment of their elders. While at first reluctant to talk to others, the continued tries of people managed to break the Turian's barriers and for the first time he found friends. Those friends however kept getting him into trouble, by convincing him to help them play pranks on instructors and sometimes comrades. This would have been half that bad if the boy didn't show a dangerous lack of fear. Whenever he would get caught he just took the punishment as additional training, going as far as covering his friends in the face of harder punishments. While Callius still did exceptionally well in terms of combat skills, the fact he never seemed to respect authority, blocked him from the better positions within the Military, thus he was put on board a ship scouting in the Terminus systems in the hopes of preventing raids in the Attican Traverse.

While they tried their best to evade battles Callius' faced every reason the turians never had colonies in Terminus systems: Vorcha, pirates, even a batarian warlord. Both the ship and the crew could either fight back or evade every attack until eventually they faced a particularly bold crew of Pirates. While normally they wouldn't have posed a threat, a sizable bribe can even turn a turian into a traitor. Both the shields, gun batteries and even the of the vessel suddenly malfunctioned turning the ship into little more than a giant piece of space debris. Thus eventually the crew had to surrender to avoid getting blown to pieces. The higher ranking officers were taking hostage, some where killed for playing the hero, the rest was marooned on a uninhabited planet. For luck Callius was among the latter.

After Months of fighting the local fauna Callius seperated from his squad. It was another month Callius fought for his survival, just to get lucky a second time and discover the Pirates were inacurrate deeming this planet uninhabited as it seemed to be visited by smugglers now and then. He decided to strike a deal with the smugglers, all the money and equipment he had left for a ride to Omega...minus one pistol and his armor that was.

Lacking other skills the turian soldier tried to get a job as mercenary. Quite soon he found out that without joining a faction "mercenary" means "cannonfodder" on Omega, so he ditched that idea and instead tried to cash in some bounty. While only cashing in "dead or alive" bounty and mostly for minor criminals that annoyed someone important, he built up quite a reputation, which led to gangs starting to send him special missions to assassinate vital targets in their conflicts. There were three reasons the turian took that job: He really needed the money to get off the station, taking jobs from both sides was a chance to secure of Omega by evening the odds and most of all he wanted information on the pirates that attacked him. However he quickly got used to it and so his first money didn't go into a ride on a ship, but into weapons from Omega's blackmarket. It went on for years until he turned down the life of a Saboteur and Assassin to return to his old life. The reasons of that are mostly unknown. Since he operated under three different pseudonyms on Omega (Shock, Crosshair and Marksman) and made sure his actions became barely relatable to his person, it was unlikely he feared revenge. Some rumors say he had found the pirates, even more unreliable sources indecate he consulted a spirit.

However after years he came back to council space just to realize he was declared death and that aside of the officers none of his crew survived. The story of a dead turian walking around the Citadel went through the press and even though lots of formulars to "revive" himself, the most of the work included evading the reporters. With his military status still under discussion he decided to join C-Sec until further notice.

Powers: Tactical cloak, Sabotage, Decoy, Sticky Grenade

Weaponry: Black Widow, Scorpion

Sexual Orientation: Straight, all races (at least in theory)

Preferred Position: Switch. Dom unless beaten in duel though.

Pink Professional

It seems impossible that you'd be shot down by a Geth Dreadnaught, as they had not yet emerged from dead space. Even if you were in the Terminus sector.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to replace it with something like a Krogan ship?

Prosak

Lol, Krogans cant really afford ships. At least any that can take on Turian vessels. More then likely some Merc ships, and yes I put 's for a reason. It would take more then one, to take on a ship belonging to the greatest fleet in the galaxy.

Prosak

Name: Solak Delatress

Race: Salarian

Age: 30 (50 in human standards. Nearing the last legs of his life. Although still strong, healhy, and kicking.)

Class: Sentinel

Class Specialization: STG ((Salarian Special Task's Group, tech devision.))

History: Born at Salarian Home world Ser'kesh. Among one of the lower class famillies, Solak had allot to deal with. For one, he had to fight to get to the top. Lower born, meant lower standards. It meant lower attention was given. Thus, more work, to gain said such attention. Working harder in school, flying through his grades. Sure, look at it by human standards of, full A, grades. But, in Salarian standards, a full set of A's, isnt enough. To excel, to prospure, to make a name for yourself, and your blood line. You need to be far more then, 'exceptional.' You need to be, incredible. And, that is what Solak strives for. Like all Salarian, he set his eyes on a goal, made a plan towards that goal, and strategically committed to every single action they could, in order to propel themselves towards that goal. Solak's, was STG. Sure, might not sound like much, but for a lower born such as him he did great. He could have wound up a contractor for some cruel, asari on Ilium. Or a ... How humans put it, a garbage man. He shudders at the thought, for it was a pretty close reality. But, he had a much more grand, and intelligent career. Always putting his intelligence to the test. Always putting his mind and body through harsher challenges. Field work, was where he made the most progress. Not in some lab fighting strange diseases, or in some workshop discovering new tech. No, his place was out on the field. Scouting, information gathering. Top level operations. His main duty, was more structured for combat. Destroying, surviving, killing. Making sure that his more stealthier comrades make it out alive. Or if they are caught, are never mentioned. Their pursuers killed in a moments notice.  Before he knew it, he was an old man. Nearing the final stages of his life. Not even one reproduction contract to further  his line... He cant now. No blood line in their right mind would pick him. His being so low was hard enough. But, he is in STG and has low survival odds, coupled with his age and near death. He was more likely to become a councilor then find a reproductive partner. So, what good can he do with his life? Well, the least he can do, is die for a cause.

Powers: Tech Armor, Overload, Incinerate, Cryo Blast

Weaponry:
Scorpion Pistol (Light, clip modification for 6 slugs. Fires explosive ammo. +High caliber barrel for increased distance, and slug force.)
Locust Sub machine gun. (Light sub machine gun. Fully automatic, very little recoil for increased bursts. Power amplifier increases tech strength. High Velocity Barrel, adds armor penetration to the gun.)

Sexual Orientation: Straight.

Preferred Position: Dominate.

kckolbe

Name: Ceren Hyas (Willing to change the name.  There weren't many Drell examples to build from)

Race: Drell

Class: Sentinel

Class Specialization: Defender

Appearance:

History: Ceren was born and mainly raised on Kahje, the son of two upstanding and financially comfortable parents, though neither were particularly influential or noteworthy.  His upbringing was, in fact, amazingly unamazing.  He studied the sciences, focusing on medicine, and with particular interest in biology.  He had significant time for study, not having had the distractions of dating or booming social life.  While he initially intended to specialize as a Drell biologist, he found himself fascinated by other species with so many differences that were still Drell-like in form.  He asked his parents for permission to travel, which was easily granted, though his father did insist upon Ceren taking a basic marksmanship course and carrying a pistol.  After all, it was dangerous out there.  Ceren agreed with his father on all counts, taking the weapons course and looking forward to a small amount of danger.

At the age of 23, Ceren became an intern at a hospital ward on the Citadel.  He'd done it.  He was away from home and living in the hub of everything.  He slowly began realizing just how sheltered his life had been, and he began to notice attractions he'd never experienced before, as his contact with non Drell women had previously been very sparse.  As he started catching up on a lot of emotional and social growth, he discovered latent biotic abilities.  Iliarya, as Asari woman whom he worked with, was kind enough to help him develop both his abilities and, unbeknownst to her, his first crush.  While he continued to train as a biotic under her, he eventually made little progress given his growing desire to flirt or talk about more personal things.  When not with her, he worked on his biological research and even his marksmanship, skills that the Asari woman would be less likely to best him at, as he very much wished to impress her.  He knew that he had to be somewhat boring compared to someone who had lived so long and seemed to have so many stories.

Powers:
- Barrier
- First Aid
- Medicine
- Tech Armor

Weaponry: Pistol, SMG
- M5 Carnifex (Highly Accurate)
- M9 Tempest (Most Ammo)

Sexual Orientation: Straight.  Open to other species.

Preferred Position: Switch, tends to adapt to the personality of those around him

(I am still writing his history with Pink Professional, but wanted to at least throw up what I already had to let everyone know I was making progress.  I should finish tonight or tomorrow at the latest.)

Intro Thread

Galanthor

Quote from: Pink Professional on March 22, 2013, 08:21:24 AM
It seems impossible that you'd be shot down by a Geth Dreadnaught, as they had not yet emerged from dead space. Even if you were in the Terminus sector.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to replace it with something like a Krogan ship?

damn...I knew i had a mistake in the timeline...let me see...i think can correct that...

ok...did the edit...basicly swapped the dreadnaught for a traitor...pirates couldn't take on turian military without an edge and batarians wouldn't risk pissing them off...hope it's ok now

Prosak

kckolbe: Barrier, and tech armor? I dont know. Sounds 'fishy to me'. Lol, pun intended. But, in all seriousness, I dont think that would make sense. Doing so may cause a tech/biotic overload. Ever seen what happens when you combo attack something, with two tech powers, two biotic powers, or a tech and biotic power? Here is a clue. Lots of messy outcomes. So I think scientifically, your at a flaw. Not that you cant use tech, just that mixing both types of shielding, will more then likely cause said Tech/Biotic overload. Plus if I am wrong, there is still no point. They are both, essentially the same thing. Just, one is more about armor where as the other is  more about biotic barrier increase.

Edit: I dont wish to delete this, due to me being right. But, in a quick retrospective I do feel a little mean. And nit picky. Sorry if I embarrassed you. Just saying in case I did.

Galanthor

he could use defense matrix instead of barrier to work his way around that =/

Prosak

That would make sens. Anyway, was not trying to nit pick. I was only being logical. Just think of it this way. Why has Bio-ware not done this before in said class? Well, maybe a)My original point. Or, B) They dont compliment each other well. In my opinion, he should take on something, damaging. For example, I have tech armor, but also Incinerate for armor, and Cryoblast to slow down heavy, or fast units. Plus overload for shields. Sentinels are meant to be an even mix of biotic/tech/ or damage. A full tech sentinel such as Solak is perfect for damage. But, as for his character. Being a biotic/tech, makes him more manageable, for being a mix of defense and damage. Still though. Vorcha engineer wipes the floor with the sentinel. What can I say. Me and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer have a love/hate relationship.

Edit: Dam auto correct. I spelled down, as done. I hate smart phones some times.

Galanthor

erm...just remembered...actually it IS possible to have tech armor and barrier in the game...Mass effect 2 that is...with jacobs bonus power
it was just not very clever it seems:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/782165/1

Prosak

I see. Well, in the end it is just opinion. I will just go into my little corner, put on my dunce cap, and keep some dignity, integritty, and class. Lol

:P

Edit: ((Quickly distracts the public by singing Gilbert and Sullivan!))

I've studied species turian, asari and batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology)

I'm also quite familiar, too, with matters dealing medicine.
I'll diagnose and treat the galaxy's most sickly quarian.
I've cured most deadly plagues that bring populations to their knees....
....to their knees...bees, sees, fees...Got it!
And I've learned to greatly limit the average amount of fertile Krogan seeds!

And he's learned to greatly limit the average amount of fertile Krogan seeds!
And he's learned to greatly limit the average amount of fertile Krogan seeds!
And he's learned to greatly limit the average amount of fertile Krogan-ogan seeds!

My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
Tuchanka, Illium, Omega, and those far more alien.
In short, in matters turian, asari, and batarian.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian.

In short, in matters turian, asari, and batarian,
He is the very model of a scientist salarian!

I know the numerous details of several species' chemistry,
From elcor to the volus, from evolution to anatomy,
Krogan reproduction, and the dextro-amino acid strains,
Of which turians and quarians form their cells and organs, bones and veins.

Humans are unique with their wide array of gene diversity,
My research of Collector technology shook society,
About beings' reaction to stress, my knowledge remains precise,
Those seeking support in intercourse, I can offer my advice.

Those seeking support in intercourse, he can offer his advice!
Those seeking support in intercourse, he can offer his advice!
Those seeking support in intercourse, he can offer his ad-his advice!

This vast supply of knowledge covers every living sapient.
My brilliant hardened mind is virtually omniscient.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian.

Beyond scientific expertise, I've also skills in combat,
Killed people, once with farm equipment, many other violent acts.
One probably wouldn't tell from my exterior appearance.
In fact I'm quite familiar in subjects involving ordnance.

Though I've no trouble eliminating those I see as dangerous,
I can't deny that things I do are considered to be heartless,
Ethics and morals in the past have proven somewhat conflicted....
...conflicted, that's tricky...how about...
But know it's for learning, growth, not death, for which I am addicted!

But know it's for learning, growth, not death, for which he addicted!
But know it's for learning, growth, not death, for which he is addicted!
But know it's for learning, growth, not death, for which he is addict-addicted!

With my military past, I'll put a bullet in your head with ease.
I've disposed of ruffians almost as frequently as disease.
But still, in matters turian, asari, and batarian
I am the very model of a scientist salarian!

But still, in matters turian, asari, and batarian,

*cough*

Wargtass

Biotic Barrier and Tech Armor is possible, though not very viable. With a Tech Armor up there is no way to concentrate the barrier to block incoming projectiles since you have no clue which of the bullets will go through the TA or not. And yes, Barriers are that specific, it's why most defensive biotics are very strict and stoic in the heat of battle, they must put a lot of concentration into it. The example with Jacob's barrier in ME2 is purely a game mechanic thing and even there it doesn't give enough to justufy the increased cooldown times.

As for pirates and Krogan warships, there have been many instances where Turian warships have been taken down by pirates. It's called Red Army tactics. For every Turian warship there are ten lesser ships of the Terminus variety. There is a reason they have teamed up their fleets with Asari, Salarian and Human counterparts. They just don't have enough to hold back the tide that would be a Terminus offensive. Only reason they got kicked in the Skyllian Blitz by the Alliance Fleet alone is that Elanos Haliat is not so much a tactical genius as he is a overblown and overconfident pundit. The only reason that Citadel Fleet doesn't respond to raids in the Attican Traverse is that the retaliation from a unified Terminus System would cost them dearly.

That said, I think I might have let too many of you in. I was thinking of admitting more players later on, but right now I'll have to investigate and have a thinking about how many I can admit.
O/O

Prosak

Wargtass: Ah, I see. Well, in the end it is his decision. Speaking of decisions, I understand yours. And hope, I am aprooved. If not, ah well.

SnorklexRainbow: Ya, kckolbe's bright. But not as unique as playing a female salarian. Go Salarians! *Fist Bumps!*

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Prosak on March 22, 2013, 10:34:45 AM

SnorklexRainbow: Ya, kckolbe's bright. But not as unique as playing a female salarian. Go Salarians! *Fist Bumps!*

*Bro fist.* Woop Woop!

Pink Professional