The Animagnaverse (Anime/Manga RP)

Started by DigitLninja, May 09, 2010, 09:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

Haibane

The plan is to do anime/manga based characters, not western animation/comics, yes? Keeping it 'in Japan' would be a good idea I think.

I'm very tempted to play Haruhi - or even, somewhat weirdly, Kyon and just fill the game with some dry self-depreciating monologues about how weird the world is yet Kyon is hardly surprised by it all.

Malgriff

fine no sora...hmm...ooh can I be Ichigo from tokyo mew mew? Nyan X3

Major Major

Kyon would be hilarious to add. And Keitaro could use a friend that isn't barking mad.

Haibane

Yes, I'm seriously leaning towards Kyon. He'd hardly do a thing but he would be a solver of various problems in his own way, and writing his thoughts as he struggled to come to terms with the new world around him might make him even more fun to play than Haruhi.

Keitaro is a pretty cool guy too - for a total loser. :P

Major Major

Hey! YOu're talking about my character here; someone I deeply identify with.

Ex68471

I am totally in on this, I am making a char sheet now and it will hopefully be up soon. :D

EDIT: Okay, quick question, I want to run Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, is it cool if I run Simon as well just so I can actually use Gurren Lagann effectually?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

cmpuncle

Oh man Gurren Lagann....just to let you know I may get a little hot under the collar with that,  have not had positive experiences when it cmes to the Gurren Lagann universe.  So I'll apologize for it ahead of time.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Ex68471

Quote from: cmpuncle on May 10, 2010, 08:53:49 PM
Oh man Gurren Lagann....just to let you know I may get a little hot under the collar with that,  have not had positive experiences when it cmes to the Gurren Lagann universe.  So I'll apologize for it ahead of time.

All right... What went wrong?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

cmpuncle

Let's just leave it at the fact that they were always way too bloody powerful so no one could ever even have a chance when they were around.  There's another bigger reason for my dislike of the show but that's a personal matter.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

The Great Triangle

The thing about Gurren Lagaan is that if you just keep it to the pre-Teppelin phases where humanity hadn't harnessed Spiral Power in any organized way yet,  That solves pretty much all the problems, leaving the characters only very slightly more powerful than Gundam pilots.  (and slightly less powerful, if the pilots are post Universal Century mech pilots who have those wierd mildly magical Gundams)

I'm tempted to go with a fairly gay Shinji Ikari, though if people would rather stay more hetero, I suppose I'd go with Nozomu Itoshiki, the suicidal main character from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.  He's a schoolteacher who desperately wants to die, usually for stupid reasons.  He has an uncanny ability to escape anything that could possibly kill him, which is good, because he teaches a class of psychotically insane obsessive schoolgirls.

As for Shinji, I see the character as bisexual, but leaning slightly towards boys.  He covets women, due to his violent seperation from his mother, but he doesn't actually have the spine to go after them.  Naturally, being so passive, Shinji makes a great patsy or sub, but he doesn't STAY compliant.   
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

sinoraa

I'd be interested to play, yoruichi from bleach. One of the few anime chicks i like, as i dispite romantic interests in anime's because their so weak and forced, their usually never equal to the male chars, and they rarely effect the plot aside from motivating the main character. Meanwhile i find yoruichi a fun and very strong, Independent character, and i'd love to play her.

As i see some gundam talk going around, i'd also like to play, Kallen Kozuki from code geass. This character does kinda suffer from what i stated earlier about anime chicks. Mainly there as a romantic interest between the two male leads. Still i actually found her romance with leluche very fascinating, and shes far from useless, as shes the only one who can take on the main lead in battle, and actually end up saving the other male lead.

Major Major

Oh man.... I want to dig up Graham Lambert again to bounce off of Kallen now....

sinoraa

Quote from: Major Major on May 11, 2010, 03:33:00 AM
Oh man.... I want to dig up Graham Lambert again to bounce off of Kallen now....
No idea what that means, but thank you? oh didn't notice i could make original chars...Tough i'd be pretty happy with the onces i chose, i might think of a original.

Haibane

Would Kyon be a useful character here DigitLninja? He'd be good for laughs but I'm not sure if you want that and I'm not sure what else he could bring to the group, though if you feed me some hints OOC he could do what he does in the series and solve some problems and issues, even unwittingly.

Rather scarily this will also be the very first non-female character I'll have ever played, so pushing my boundaries here! :P

DigitLninja

I think we have a lot of people preparing for battle and few people who are just planing to live... My character is ready for a fight but that doesn't mean that he has a battle every day. So I would like to have just as many regular citizens as there are battle scared warriors, let's see how Yoruichi from bleach handles being hit on by Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho every other day ^_^

by the way, this rp is loosely (very loosely) based on this: Webcomic
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

sinoraa

That'd be fun to see, after all! Purple is only a very dark shade of blue.

sinoraa

Quote from: Haibane on May 11, 2010, 06:45:31 AM
Would Kyon be a useful character here DigitLninja? He'd be good for laughs but I'm not sure if you want that and I'm not sure what else he could bring to the group, though if you feed me some hints OOC he could do what he does in the series and solve some problems and issues, even unwittingly.

Rather scarily this will also be the very first non-female character I'll have ever played, so pushing my boundaries here! :P
I'd actually want yuro to have a quite normal life...Perhaps Kyon finds her in her cat form, and she plays along. (free food)...OMFG I LOVE THAT IDEA!! Yuru hiding around in cat form with someone to sleep in their bed and steal their food while their gone. Maybe Kuwabara...He likes cats if i remember correctly.

Haibane

Yes, some normality would be nice. So many of you are taking characters from animes I've not seen. I wonder if that would be a problem. I guess I could watch an episode or two from each and at least get an idea of the universe you are all from.

sinoraa

Well i prefer the idea of someone like yuro from a Fantasy world, live in a normal world, rather then fight dr doom or something. Some fighting may be fun, but i'd rather see the characters interact.

Haibane

What anime is Yuru from? I'll go watch an ep or two.

cmpuncle

I think he's using Yuru as a nickname for Yoruichi, who is from Bleach.  Correction she is using it as a nickname, sorry I wasn't paying attention.

Ironwolf85

i came in thinking this was gonna be an anime combat thing... I need to play nova's noncombat side up when we play.
but my unique was built for combat
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Haibane

Quote from: cmpuncle on May 11, 2010, 09:48:21 AM
I think he's using Yuru as a nickname for Yoruichi, who is from Bleach.  Correction she is using it as a nickname, sorry I wasn't paying attention.
Bleach is kinda long... just my luck that I'll find an ep that doesn't involve him at all.

Can someone give me an ep number where Youichi's story arc is in the plot please? I just want to get a handle on the character.

Ag, I may have to do this for all the characters/animes I don't know. I think the only character here I'm familiar with is Keitaro (and that's only because he flies high over my house at least twice a day trailing blood from his nose).

DigitLninja

once again I'm not saying that there wont be combat... those of you with mechs and fighting capability's will just be seen around the arena's more than not. Also there could be evil counterparts out for vengeance and bugging you with battle. Just remember that if you threaten the populace that someone will be dispatched to take care of the situation.

@ Haibane: There is an episode where Yuru takes her human form... look for that one.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*