Snowed In! (Couples and Singles wanted) [Con, Light] (INTEREST CHECK)

Started by Robelwell202, August 12, 2013, 11:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robelwell202

Setting:  Winter, in a large log-built house (Four bedrooms, kitchen, main room, basement), based on a time-share agreement.  Our characters decide to all go on a holiday at the same time, spending a nice weekend out at the place.  On the night before veryone's departure, though, the large cabin gets snowed in, and leaving is impossible for several days, up to a week.  There's plenty of food, firewood, and natural gas for the stoves in the kitchen, though, and the solar panels on the roof keep everything on.

This scene/scenario would be the beginning of a longer running storyline.  Once the snowed-in resort has been freed, this would allow for more people to join in, as well as allow players already involved to take a break if they wanted.

Couples aren't the only ones involved, now, either.  I've reconsidered this option, and decided on the following...

Time-Share Scheme:  This large cabin will have a total of ten rooms, as well as large kitchen areas.  Time-shares can be owned, or they can be rented, allowing the addition of new characters.  'Shares' of a time-share can even be sold, if the owner wants, to allow sections of their time-share to be used by others, for a fee.  Ultimately, as for the purposes of game-play, these  options should allow for as many people to join in as possible, and even let new players join in after the fact.

Notes:  (Slight change)  There is a possibility of multi-partner engagements that can go on, but they're not required.  Rather than have this as a swinger's party (as I'd originally thought of, and thought better of), I'd rather set this upas a true RP experience with intimacy as a side issue, at best.  Thanks for the understanding.

Characters:  If there's enough interest, I'll develop a character sheet and post it in a later post.  Just checking interest, now.

EDIT:  Changed intent.
EDIT (The Second):  Added more detail to the way people could join in, as well as latered the original premise, slightly, to allow single characters to join in as well.
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Cynadea

I've got questions & suggestions, I'll be sending you a PM. I fear plot bunnies are multiplying faster than real bunnies...

I would have been interested in playing a single, successful, woman. Would she have to have a boyfriend/husband?

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Sabre

I like this edit.  A bit of uncertainty is certainly welcome in my book, and allows for some exploration rather than have everyone go in with experienced swinger characters - although maybe one couple may already be that way and so seduce one or more couples while they're snowed in.

AribethAmkiir

I'm interested, somewhat.

Question though if they're snowed in, wouldn't the solar panels on the roof be covered with snow?  Gas generator with enough gas would work instead.

mia h

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 13, 2013, 03:42:35 AM
Question though if they're snowed in, wouldn't the solar panels on the roof be covered with snow? 

That was my first thought  :D
Could be that there is a mini-avalanche and the road to the cabin is blocked with very deep snow. The people can contact the outside world, they have plenty of provisions and no-one is hurt so they are a low priority for the local authorities.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Robelwell202

Kewlness!!   I love all the ideas!

Aysande, I've gotten your PM, and yes, a lot of those ideas will work well.  I'll do what I can to incorporate them into the main idea.

Folks, another edit's coming up.  This time, it's not changing the idea much, but just expanding on it.  I'll have it up some time today.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Robelwell202

Okay folks!  NEWS!!

First, because of the eonderful assistance of Aysande, I've been able to come up with a more solid, tangible set of workings for this idea.  Aysande's been something of a mind-reader, filling in the huge blanks in my head (Not an easy task, mind you), and she's also agreed to act as co-GM, while I'll maintain the GM position.  Please submit all proposed characters to me, through PM, so that I can give approval.  Aysande is not doing character approval, this time.

Secondly, the name of the place has been decided, and we're calling it 'Shadow Creek Lodge', with the snowed-in event being the opener of a larger, longer-lasting group game.  My character will be the owner/caretaker, and Aysande's first character will be his younger daughter (No worries, no creepy stuff going on, here. ;)   ).  I'll ask Aysande to post what she sent to me in this thread, if I can't make it work.

Finally, PLEASE, PLEASE read the IC and OOC rules.  They're there for a reason, as past experience has shown me they need to be.  I hope we can start something very good with this.  :)

R

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Robelwell202

Shadow Lake Lodge

Shadow Lake Lodge is a privately-owned lakefront property that's been held by the same family for generations.  The current owner, Jack Stanton, and his daughter Veronica, are the latest part of the family to run and maintain the lodge, which has been a family tradition since 1930.  Jack's wife, Michelle, had suffered complications during the birth of their daughter, and had not been able to recover, leaving Jack and Veronica to run the resort themselves.  As time went on, Jack eventually healed from the loss of his wife, and loves his daughter deeply.  Jack's intention is to maintain the place as a constant stream of income to fund Veronica through her college career, if she'd want it.

The Lodge, a quiet and unassuming-looking place, offers time-share residents and periodic rental visitors the chance to unwind, be at ease, and leave the troubles of the world behind.  There is no internet, only one hard-line phone, and no cell connections.  In emergencies, the Lodge is equipped to provide for all tenants for roughly two weeks, with feeds from solar-panels on the roof of the main building, and supplemented by several gas generators, as needed.  Each cabin has a direct feed from power and heat sources (natural gas), and all are a short walk from the main building, which houses the majority of the stored foodstuffs and water.

The Site

There are seven log homes, built in a half circle pattern around a beautiful lake. The site is surrounded by mountains and forest in which there is wolves, bears and deer. The lake has crystal clear water, warm enough for a good swim during the summer. Fishing is allowed all year long, with a cap of three fish per person per visit. The area is really calm, no motor boat are allowed on the lake. There is no light on the gravel road so nights get really dark.  The only thing that is visible from the main road is a part of the main log cabin. The rest is all hidden by a rather dense forest.

The entrance to the site is from a gravel road and leads directly to the main log home, one that is about twice as big as the other ones. On  the main floor is a small office for the administration, and a wide open space with a pool table, a dart board, several table for card and board games, and even some old style arcade machines in a corner. It also has a small store in a space enclosed by half-walls for fishing and hunting supplies, as well as the usual sunscreen, bug repellent, candies and snacks and souvenirs.

The second floor, built only over the office and store (about 1/3 of the whole surface, leaving the rest all open and the beams of the sloped roof are all visible), is a small kitchen and sitting area for about twenty people. It serves decent home-style food during meal hours, but coffee and snacks are available all day from 5am to midnight. On the lake side, there is a large patio with tables, lounging chairs and swings and a hot tub. Off to the side is a sauna.

Log Home Floor Plans

Threads

Character Sheets (OOC)

Log Home 1
Log home 2
Log home 3
Log home 4
Log home 5
Log home 6
Outside
Main log home
Owner's private home

IC Rules

• All characters must be over 21, as the site is forbidden to minor
  • Nudity and sex are accepted everywhere on site, except in the main log home and the road beyond it.
  • Must be consensual. If something N/C happens, the character will be banned from the resort.
  • Be respectful. Request before joining people already in action.
  • Make a reservation, otherwise, you might end up sharing or being simply turned back if everything is full and no one wants to share.
  • Renting without sharing costs more, so when you make a reservation, indicate if you mind sharing or not (it isn't a guarantee that you will)

OOC Rules

• This is not smut only, even if it could get smut heavy.
  • 2 paragraphs minimum. No one-liner ever
  • Indicate when you leave a thread for another one (Ex. : Continued in log home 1)
  • Every 6 RL weeks, the IC weekend date will change.
  • Every 4 RL weeks after the beginning of the last IC weekend, the GM will make a call for reservations for the next weekend.
  • If you have a plot and need to be sharing a cabin with someone because of the administration, state so in the reservation.
  • May have more than 1 character, but no more than 2 with a reservation, unless there is space left.
  • There will be events. Not every weekend. (Snowed in, Fireworks, fishing competition, etc.)
  • Threads will be somewhere where N/C is not acceptable, please respect it.
  • Modern setting, humans only, no magic/supernatural

Should rules be broken, please contact your GM (Robelwell202) or Co-GM( Aysande) rather than using the OOC thread to bring it up.

Character sheet

Image 150px width, 200 or 225 px height
Player name:
Character name:
Orientation:
Marital status: (if married, with whom)
Description: (A paragraph)
Personality: (A paragraph)
Ons & Offs: (Written or link)
Fantasy: (Something the character would like to try)
Short bio: (1-2 paragraph)

[float=left][img padding=5 width=150]IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Player name:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Marital status:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Ons & Offs:[/b]
[b]Fantasy:[/b]
[b]Short bio:[/b]

Post Header

The image must be 150px by 200px or 225px. If you need a resize, ask Aysande. She will resize it and upload it on the wiki, then provide you with a link.

Character name: Your character
Who: For who are you writing. If it's anyone can join, write OPEN
Where: Where are you in the area covered by the thread?
When: Date, moment of the day (morning, lunch, afternoon etc.)

Your text here

[float=left][img padding=5]IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Character name[/b]:
[b]Who:[/b]
[b]Where:[/b]
[b]When: [/b]
[hr]

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Robelwell202

Sample Character Sheet

Player name:Robelwell202
Character name:Jack Stanton
Profession:Owner and Caretaker, Shadow Lake Lodge
Orientation:Straight
Marital status:Single (Widower)
Description:6', Dark brown hair, blue eyes, 230 lbs.
Personality: Jack Stanton is a quiet man, with a warm personality and nature.  He dotes on his daughter, loving her with all the intensity that he loved his wife, never letting his daughter want for anything.  Over the time that he's been her father, he's absolutely proud of the way she's grown up, and his hopes are high for her.

When the Lodge has guests, Jack seems quiet but very friendly, going out of his way to make his guests' stays as pleasant as possible.  Jack is an outdoorsman, loving the nature-surrounded location of the lake, as well as the lodge.
Ons & Offs: O/O
Fantasy: None apparent.  Jack's life is consumed, willfully, with the running of the Lodge.
Short bio: Jack Stanton, as the owner and operator of the Lodge, is a man with a seemingly simple life, which he prefers.  After the passing of his wife, during the birth of their daughter, Jack had a very hard time adjusting to life without his beloved Michelle, but over time, the pain passed, replaced with a pride in the daughter Michelle had given him.  Veronica is the light in Jack's life, and he swells with pride when given the chance to speak on it with others.  Now, at age 40, he sees the fact that Veronica could very well find her own path, and Jack wants to do nothing more than provide for that path, wherever it may be.  College, adventure, whatever her calling was, Jack is intent on making the income from the lodge her ticket to wherever Veronica wants to go.

O/O
A/A
Ideas