News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anima Prime Interest Check

Started by MadPanda, April 05, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Same thing happened to my S7S game.   :-(  Lots of enthusiasm followed by crickets...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Yeah, I...haven't got much excuse on this one.  I have a bad habit of falling off the Internet exactly when I have actual games or something I'm really supposed to be doing.

If there are still enough people around who want to give it a shot, I can try to have a sheet up tonight, not that I expect you to trust what I'm typing at this point.

MadPanda

Yes, please do.  It's easier to add someone else once the game gets going!

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

On that note, I have part of a character sheet up in the cast thread.  The idea is that his big flaw is reckless pride and not paying attention to the risks until his weird projects blow up in someone's face.

By the way, as far as skills, are Gadgets and Engineer probably too redundant?

ReijiTabibito

Not really.  They can be different - Gadgets is Batman, whereas Engineer is more Iron Man.

MadPanda

Just so!  Engineer is knowing how to do stuff with big machinery.  Gadgets is always having just the right tool on your person.  They overlap, yes, but aren't redundant.

Ratty looks pretty good, actually.  I like what you did with the guns.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I was pretty amused by it myself, but...it might not really work here?  If I'm reading right, with only one level of Soulsmith, you can't actually switch 2-slot effects around (even by taking time to do so), and it would be a terrible shame for our boy to have a weapon he can't tinker with.

MadPanda

That sounds about right.  Soulsmith I can swap out 1-point effects, one per character scene.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Alas.  I thought the insane plague pistol was fitting, but, well...edited.  This'll have to do.

MadPanda

Something to work toward, perhaps, for when we get to an advancement point or the like.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Quite.

Should Backgrounds and Links be a little longer-winded than Traits, or is it not too important as long as they're reasonably evocative?

(Also, is there anything I should know about Passion, or is it basically kind of like Motivation in Exalted?)

MadPanda

A little bit longer, perhaps.  The point is to keep it brief, though.

As for Passions, allow me to quote:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Passion
The passion describes the profound emotional state of the character, that is, not just their current mood, but the one passion that permeates everything they do. It tells you something about the character, thereby allowing you to roleplay them in interesting ways.

The passion also lets the character’s player earn charge dice when certain conditions are triggered. Those conditions are listed with each passion. If the triggering of a passion would earn more charge dice than fit in the character’s Charge Pool, the remaining dice are turned into strike dice instead.

Passions are not freeform--there is a discrete list with set effects.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Oh, well, that one's easy.  I might need to give Backgrounds/Links a bit more thought though.

MadPanda

Just enough to work with, not enough to totally define the entire family tree out to eighteen generations.   :-)  AP is meant for spontaneous play, after all.  And also, given the source material...we don't usually learn all that deep, dark, convoluted backstory at first in your average FF game.  Leave yourself room to change your mind down the road...or for someone else to suggest something!

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I dunno, I think actually knowing one's entire family tree out to eighteen generations would really say a lot about the character.  ;)

MadPanda

(laugh)  "I know my family's entire family tree out to eighteen generations." is a perfectly valid bit of background.  Or maybe Links...

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Well, I may need to crash soonish, but I will see if I can finish it up tomorrow then.

(Also, sorry for not paying enough attention on some bits.  I should have realized I couldn't Ctrl-F that PDF.)

Jefepato

Well, it took much longer than I had planned (partly due to illness but mostly due to poor time management), but I finally got some tentative links and background added to the sheet.  Let me know your thoughts.

MadPanda

Yaaay!  You and Reiji appear to be it, so I'll kick something off soonish.  I may even bring in Monkey so that you two have someone as backup.

In Memory of Bishrook

Saric

Sorry! I was waylaid by Networking finals while reading through the rules and forgot to get back to it. I'm reading it now and hope to have a character for you as soon as I know what the heck I'm doing. Feel free to start without me though, I can always be a late transfer or something.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

MadPanda

I'll wait a bit longer, then, to let you catch up.

Let's just say that with the catastrophic lack of interest that followed my posting that S7S game, a "hey, I'm still here!" is met with some joy...

In Memory of Bishrook

ReijiTabibito

Just as a double-check - the last spot on our 3 Aspects is reserved for another PC, yes?

MadPanda

It's recommended that you tie at least one of those in with another PC somehow.

In Memory of Bishrook

Saric

Quote from: MadPanda on May 20, 2014, 08:08:10 PM
I'll wait a bit longer, then, to let you catch up.

Let's just say that with the catastrophic lack of interest that followed my posting that S7S game, a "hey, I'm still here!" is met with some joy...

I'm glad to have brought some joy to someone in my time here. Also I have a very tentative character sheet up. Please tell me what you think.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

ReijiTabibito

Saric, MP wanted me to pass on a message to you...let's see, where did I put it...oh, right.

"Looks good.  Keep going."

That's it.