News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sword Art Online: Yuri Edition (f/f, freeform)

Started by Daril, January 29, 2015, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

I've been involved in a few (largely unsuccessful) Sword Art Online RPGs in the past, and have been wanting to try to do a yuri (f/f) oriented one.  I realize the idea is a long shot but I figured there's no harm in putting it out there.

I'm hoping to get a small group of about four to five.  My own character would likely be an updated version of one I'd played in past SAO RPGs -a somewhat shy university student and former high school archery champion who was never much into games but got talked into trying this one by a friend.

Character Images

Initial In Game Character Model

"Real Life" Character Model (Yes, she's a miko, since her family owns a shrine.  Hey, what's wrong with a little fetish fuel?)

I'm inclined to start relatively early in the series timeline.  I'm not sure if most of the group should know each other already or if they should come together by chance.  That's something that can be discussed.

I'm not confident in my ability to GM something like this myself, but if no one wants to take on the role personally perhaps we can share responsibility for planning the overall story and keeping it moving.

Mysterica

Color me interested.  I would love to be a part in a game like this.  I don't have anything in mind right now, but when I get off work I will totally give it some thought and try to figure something out.

Daril

I'll definitely be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Mysterica

initial model
mirror reveals

So I was thinking of playing a stealth geared character who has a hard time keeping her short attention span, and energetic nature under control.  While in danger she can keep it together enough not to draw unwanted attention to herself, choosing when and where to strike carefully to get the maximum reward for the least time in danger.  While able to socialize however she wants to draw in as much attention as she can.  Eager to put herself out there she does whatever she can to make sure she can make the most of her R&R time.

Daril

So she's a ninja then?  :P  Does scouting and ambushes?

An energetic character could be pretty useful in terms of making things happen.  My character's quietness and lack of familiarity with games means she sometimes lacks initiative.

Wolfy

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I'm thinking a Magical Swordswoman, Maybe Able to create illusions That are solid enough to attack (or do other things....*kinky wink*) if she desires (think Mesmer from Guild wars 2, if you know what I mean).

Happy go lucky with an Energetic personality...but can be deadly serious if needed. :D

Daril

Wolfy -SAO's Aincrad setting doesn't have that sort of magic, at least for players.  Also, for the time being I'm not taking players who are unfamiliar with the setting since I think it would get really awkward.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Wolfie

Expressing interest.i haven't played much f/f but I will give it a shot if you'll have me. Am I to understand we will be starting in the beginning, where we are trapped in the game? I just want to be sure we are starting in SAO, and not ALO, so I can find proper pics

Wolfie

Assuming SAO here is what I came up with.

Blunt, and perfectly willing to speak her mind, she  prefers her actions to do most of the talking. I would have as a bookworm, with a serious personality covering a sweetheart deep down.

Oh! Since This will be freeform, how do you plan on regulating a drop system?

Wolfie

Oh! If I may suggest, a small group of about six seems to be best for this type of idea. As for the issue Of GM, I would be happy to supply my assistance with a small group.

Daril

Yes, we're starting in Aincrad.  I'd like to do the mirror reveal.  We could have the group form in the aftermath of that, or we could do the reveal then skip ahead a few days/weeks and have the group form then.  Actually one trick we could use if we have problems getting more players is to start the game with just the characters we have, then have the group meet an additional character or two later on.

As far as overall group size, I'd prefer to keep it to four or five.  All the SAO RPGs I've involved with died out due to a lack of posting, and the more players we have the more likely it is to get hung up because someone can't post.

I like your character concept so far.  One thing I'm a little concerned about is that the group so far is maybe a bit too Japanese in terms of weaponry and aesthetics, which is funny since I felt some of the other SAO RPGs I've been involved with were a bit heavy on foreign characters.  :D  Makes me think I should consider doing a foreign student or something based on this girl (here's a NSFW pic of her as well).  I'd done a character based on her before but this one would probably be more assertive.  She's probably be either an archer or possibly a glaive user.  Do either of you have a preference between the exchange student and the character I'd suggested in my first post?

Wolfie

I like this one better than the first post. I'm probably going to have my character be from the states, with a heavy interest in feudal era armor and weapons already. Basically this will be her chance to go back in time, and live out her samurai dreams lol. Should we get to ALO, she will be a cait sith , I am thinking. I am all for starting now, if you like.

Wolfie

Perhaps our characters are old friends, and she transferred as well to take a chance to study the culture?

Also, I would prefer to skip over Gun Gale.

Daril

I don't think its necessary for both girls to be foreign. (Is there a particular reason your character is supposed to be? I would have pegged her for a local going by the pics you chose.) It's not so much that I had a problem with the group being primarily Japanese (in fact I think that fits the setting) its more that traditional Japanese style clothing and weaponry and weaponry seemed rare in the anime, and our cast seemed to consist of a ninja, a samurai, and a girl who is into traditional Japanese archery. :D

I wasn't really planning for this RPG to include the post Aincrad settings, so I wouldn't worry about GGO.

I'm eager to get started too, but I think we need to figure out a few more things first.

Sessha

Oh fine I'll throw my hat in. As a matter of fact I'll throw this girl in the lot!

IRL Appearance:

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wolfie

I see, then I won't worry over it. It would appear we have a knight now too though. Sessha, Welcome.

I would like to get into ALO afterward still, I enjoyed that arc.

Mysterica

Wow.  I just stopped by to take a peek before I get ready to go to class and to my surprise attention to this idea has suddenly started to manifest itself.  I'm happy because I had just about written it off for something that wouldn't ever come to pass.  Don't have long to sit down and write, but I must say that so far I like all the character concepts and am really starting to look forward to it.

Daril

Now Sessha's character strikes me as being at least part foreign due to her eyes.

I think it would be a good idea if we took our character concepts and discussed them/fleshed them out a bit.  These may not be final profiles (we kind of need to figure out what we're putting in our profiles don't we?) but here's a somewhat more detailed overview of the two characters I'm considering.  Let me know what you think.

(Note to Sessha: Hiroko/Robin is much the same as she was previously, but Sara/Artemis has been changed.)

Hiroko/Robin

Hiroko Tsukino is a university student and former high school archery champion whose family runs a shrine.  She's not very familiar with video games, but was introduced to SAO by another student in her university's archery club.  She's somewhat shy and quiet.  She's supposed to have a beauty mark under her mouth on the left side of her face.  She's also quite busty -in fact she's a little bit "nicely padded" in general.  (She's moderately athletic, but wasn't super serious about any sport except archery.)  I like to think she's considered quite a beauty in "real life."  Previous versions of her character have been prone to compromising situations, for instance having to be saved from monsters when she experiments with bathing in one of Aincrad's lakes.  :D  Because she's shy and quiet, she may need another character to take the lead when it comes to intimate activities.  Her weapon of choice is a Japanese yumi bow, a weapon that is elegant but somewhat unwieldy due to its large size (its about seven feet tall).  She's great with a bow, but not so good in a melee.

"Real life" Hiroko (though she's missing the beauty mark she's supposed to have).

"In game" Hiroko.

Sara/Artemis?

Sara McMillan is a foreign student studying in Japan.  She was likely introduced to SAO by a friend at the institution she's attending.  Compared to Hiroko, she knows the game better and is likely to be more involved in making things happen rather than just following along.  While generally confident and assertive, I can see her being shy about certain things -bathing with others for instance.  When it comes to intimate situations, she might need others to take the lead initially, but I can also see her responding more aggressively than Hiroko.  She has a tall and statesque build.  I had thought about having her use a glaive, but with her being an alternative to Hiroko I'd likely play her as an archer.  I'm thinking she's good with both bow and sword.

The NSFW pic again

Wolfie

I prefer Sara personally. As for Sessha I find her character somewhat having an old English vibe.

Wolfie

So we need character sheets, and I assume town of beginnings is the starting point... So what else do we need to get done? Hmmm....

Daril

I think the first priority should be fleshing out the characters (I wouldn't worry too much about formalized characters sheets at this point -they can come later).  Once we know what the characters are like we can figure out how they should get together as a group.

Actually on that note I'd been thinking that even if the group (mostly?) doesn't know each other in real life, it might make sense for them to have gathered together as a group before Kayaba's announcement (when they still think its just a game).  That would make it natural for them to stick together and talk to each other after the announcement.  Of course, there's also something to be said for having the group meet sometime after the announcement, after everything has stabilized a bit and there's a bit more routine and structure to player's lives.

Regarding my characters, although it might be a bit awkward I'm giving some thought to playing both.  I'm leaning towards having Sara be part of the group from the get go, with the group running into Hiroko a little later if I decide to have her join in too.

Also we should probably figure out what section this should be in.  I think the content in this game will tend to be relatively light, but should we maybe put it in the BON section in case any of the girls have a kinky side?  :P

Wolfie

Either way they meet could be beneficial. But a few floors up after the announcement would be best I think, just to skip the early levels and everyone have a full set of gear and supplies for example.maybe they all run into each other during a quest with a powerful boss? That's what I would prefer anyway. Rp or not, the setting is still a game, and I detest early grinding for levels. Maybe two or three characters together from the get go, but I consider my character the "Beater" type.

As for the section of the forums, I lean towards bondage, as it is a major fetish of mine.

Daril

Perhaps we could have the group meet early on, but do some time skips so that there isn't a lot of early game grinding.  At any rate, why don't we hash out our characters, then figure out how exactly they're going to meet?

Does your character like to tie people up, or does she liked to be tied up herself?  :P

Wolfie

The characters I play are primarily submissive, but I can play switch as well. So primarily she would be tied up in such a scene. She is the type of girl who would see any weakness as a flaw, and much less allow herself to be taken control of, likely due to a past trauma. Thus being topped would be quite the guilty pleasure for her.

Daril

The problem is that I'm not sure the other girls would be inclined to tie her up.  Well, Sara might if your character tried to tie her up first.  :D  Still, as long as none of the other players object we may as well put it in the bondage category.  That way it will be possible if the opportunity comes up, and if not we'll just concentrate on lighter material.

Think you could get something written up for your girl soon?

Wolfie

I'll think up something overnight. Name, age and bio at least.

Daril

Awesome.

Mysterica, Sessha, any chance you could manage something as well?  It's probably not realistic given what we still need to work out but I'd love to get the game started before the end of the weekend.

Wolfie

Akira Masuyo, age 22, was named with the highest hopes for her future. Sadly however she lost her parents at an early age and grew to be a bit of a spoiled brat, not one to take crap from anyone. A large inheritance left her in the lap of luxury, and yet she kept to herself, her attention on feudal history and gaming. She is skilled with a katana thanks to her Sensei and caretaker, although she has a love for dance and performs a variety of bizarre yet graceful movements as she fights. This makes her hard to read on the battlefield. She took part in the beta testing of SAO, quickly grasping her unique fighting style under the name Amaya. During the beta she acquired the nickname "Amaya the Blade-dancer", due to the information prior. Now that SAO has been fully released, she aspires to be the first to be one of the first to complete it.

(Just what I came up with, I can improve it later if you like.)

Daril

Interesting background.  Though for some reason I assumed she was a university student.

Mysterica

I don't know about getting started before the weekend is out, but I can promise to try to get some info up in the next 24 hours.  I have class and work tomorrow and need to get to sleep so I can make it to both of them.

Wolfie

No Daril, that's just the pic, honestly I'm not so sure about that pic of her outside the game the game and I may change  it.

Daril

That pic is awesome though! (Though I'm not so sure about the reading material.)  Then again it does give an impression that's a bit different from what you may be aiming for.  Combined with some of your early description I had this impression of a girl who is very smart and very sure of herself -to the point of being kind of smug and cocky.  :D

Quote from: Mysterica on February 21, 2015, 01:13:18 AM
I don't know about getting started before the weekend is out, but I can promise to try to get some info up in the next 24 hours.  I have class and work tomorrow and need to get to sleep so I can make it to both of them.

Don't worry about it too much, I didn't think it was that likely to actually happen.  I would like to make some good strides towards starting if we can though.

Wolfie

Found the best combination possible. So here's the whole thing.

Akira Masuyo, age 22, was named with the highest hopes for her future. Sadly however she lost her parents at an early age and grew to be a bit of a spoiled brat, not one to take crap from anyone. A large inheritance left her in the lap of luxury, and yet she kept to herself, her attention on feudal history and gaming. She is skilled with a katana thanks to her Sensei and caretaker, although she has a love for dance and performs a variety of bizarre yet graceful movements as she fights. This makes her hard to read on the battlefield. She took part in the beta testing of SAO, quickly grasping her unique fighting style under the name Amaya. During the beta she acquired the nickname "Amaya the Blade-dancer", due to the information prior. Now that SAO has been fully released, she aspires to be the first to be one of the first to complete it.

Daril

Is her personality still more or less what you described earlier, or has that changed as well?  It's a little hard to tell with the current description.

Anyway, not bad, though despite how attractive the new girl is I'm a bit disappointed you didn't go with the cutie in your first proposal.    Would you be adverse to another player using that image if they thought it suited the character they were making?

Wolfie

Like I said, I'm a fickle person.  That in my last post is what I'm going with, now that I've decided.. The first pic, I could care less if someone else wanted to use it.

Daril

Fair enough.  I do a bad habit of getting overly nosey with other people's character at times.  Akira is ultimately your character.

Wolfie

You are fine. Also, the translation of her full name is "clear benefit to the world."

Wolfie

Mysterica

Mizuki

Selene

Mizuki Watanabe has been interested in video games for a long time.  In real life she is just a normal first year university student from a middle class family, but online in her games she can be anyone she wants to be.  Reality is harsh, in a fantasy world she can be someone special.  In the coarse of a day she can be a mighty wizard, a master swordsman, then a space marine without ever leaving the air conditioned room.

Always looking for the next big thing, when she heard about the nerve gear system being able to transport you inside the game Mizuki was immediately interested... but she had to wait until the full release of the game as she did not get picked to try out the beta test.  Mizuki typically is friendly and perhaps overly energetic at times, always interested in the next adventure be it real or virtual.   She comes off a bit impatient at times, more prone to look then leap than to work out an overly complicated plan and overall just wants to make sure everyone is having a good time.

Latooni Subota

Venice / Shinozaki Yuri

Starting Character Design
Mirror Reveal

Shinozaki Yuri, aka Venice, is a poor abused girl who sunk herself into the world of videos in order to escape her real life . . . well, no, not really. Shinozaki Yuri is a privileged girl born into wealth and prestige, a modern day noblewoman born to one of the largest remaining Zaibatsus in Japan. While she was bullied as a child it merely reinforced the fact that she was better than others, and lead to her devising creative ways to get revenge and just generally make life miserable for anyone dumb enough to try and harass the petite girl. She discovered video games as a way to make her boring life more interesting, prefering MMORPGs more than single-player games. Yuri actually ended up reasonably famous (Not that anyone knew her IRL identity) in several games, amassing quite the in-game fortune as a collector of rare items and manipulating other players into doing her bidding.

It only took a few well-timed hints and puppy dog eyes to assure that Yuri would become a Beta Tester for Sword Art Online, thanks to her father making some . . 'donations' to Argus. Sadly, Yuri found that Sword Art Online's virtual world was an entirely different beast than what she was used to. There were so many more variables to keep in mind that she couldn't quite get the hang of it. Being a borderline-hikikomori, she wasn't used to running and swinging swords around, and found herself dead more than she was actually alive in the game, practically! In the end, she decided to adjust her strategies. She spent the majority of the beta just getting basic movement skills down, and gathering as much information on the game as possible so that she'd be better prepared for the main game. When the actual game launched, a 6'5" tall red-headed warrior named Venice appeared in the game, intent on making up for her lack of fighting skill with long reach and big weapons, as well as her information she gathered earlier. Of course, with Kayaba's 'gift' of the mirrors, her plan on getting a reach advantage was ruined when she was forcefully shunted out of her gorgeous irish warrior's body and back into her petite frame. Knowing that she can't risk dying, she decided there was no choice but to team up with others as their 'support', focusing on learning the various crafting skills to try and get a monetary and gear advantage.

There are too many shy and subby people here. I think a tiny-domme is necessary! Not that I'm that good of one, but heck, variety is the spice of life.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Daril

Mysterica: Generally good, but is there any chance we could get a little more about her real life background?  Anything about her general age, occupation, etc?

Latooni: I'd actually considered inviting you for this because I remember your character in one of the previous SAO RPGs interesting, but for some reason I didn't.  Anyhow your character looks quite interesting, though I'm a little unsure how much crafting she'll be able to do for such a small group.

I guess Sessha is the main person we still have to hear from.  We can probably start discussing how the group is going to link up though.  Latooni, do you think your character would be inclined to try to link up with a group right way, given her obvious shortcomings fighting on her own?

Latooni Subota

She'd be looking for a group ASAP, of course. Assuming we took some liberties with the skill limitations, she'd be able to craft a lot more stuff . . but even with the more normal skills for SAO she could end up with some mix of the following.
skills
One-Handed War Hammer
Two-Handed Straight Sword
Light Metal Equipment
Lightweight Shield Equipment

Slash Weapon Forging
Blunt Weapon Forging
Equipment Appraisal
Light Metal Armor Forging
Metal Equipment Repairing
Metal Refining

Extended Weight Limit
Cooking

The six middle skills are the important ones, the top are what lets her still do more adventuring, and the bottom is just for useful/fun's sake. Could pretty easily cut out any number of them though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Daril

Hey, don't underestimate cooking -if she's the only one in the group who's any good at it, the others will probably fight tooth and nail to hang onto her.  :P  (Though Hiroko may have some talent in that area if I do decide to bring her into things as a second character.)

Main thing with the crafting is whether she'd be doing it often enough to get good at it if she's in a small group.  It might have made more sense for her to set up a business rather than joining a clearing group.  But maybe we can make it work somehow.

I'll volunteer Sara as someone she can latch onto after the mirror reveal -Sara's a blonde foreign girl whose taller than most of the guys in SAO, so she'll probably stand out from the crowd a bit.  Though I wonder if Venice would find a tank type character more reassuring than an archer like Sara.

Latooni Subota

If I keep the increased capacity skill, she'd almost be a traveling merchant really, selling repair services and gear inbetween fights in dungeons to various groups and members of the front lines if she gets good enough. Plus, there's plenty of downtime between exploration and dungeon runs and stuff. (That and in order to get the best materials, even blacksmiths have to adventure since only they can gather certain materials, ala the Lizbeth episode)

But yeah, people fighting over her cooking talents? Venice approves!

Wolfie

I'm itching to get started! Ayami will definitely get close to Venice, after all samurai need a good blacksmith, thanks to the standard lower durability of katanas.

Wolfie

Ummm, due to my character's persona I vote that she fully join the group after a large fight and meeting on the battlefield. That's the best way to get her attention.

Also, My character will play as a switch in this story.

Oh! Latooni, did you want our characters to know each other from the beta?

Latooni Subota

Probably not, Venice IS an entirely different character after all, and she was less interested in the actual Beta players and more interested in the information she could gather.

Daril

So who do you think is likely to gather right after the announcement?

Also, since we don't have any official GM, should I try to write the starting post?

Wolfie

Understandable, but it would make sense to gather information on other players as well would it not? Either way Amaya did build a reputation during the beta. Ultimately it is it to you though.

Daril, Right after the announcement I would say that Amaya would make several appearances here and there during the beginning, but it'll be after a close call before she stays with the group indefinitely. As for the GM, I will gladly help, but I don't think I could take full responsibility, either way, I'd say take your best shot at the starter.

Daril

I'll try to get something up today, though it may take me a bit of time because of a few irl things.

Wolfie

Alright, if you need ideas please feel free to ask for input. I know trying to get games started can be stressful.

Mysterica

I went back and edited my post a bit.  Would have done more even from the get go but my muse today is just checked out.

Wolfie

Daril

Mysterica -since your character is also a university student, would you be up for her being the person who introduced Sara to SAO?

Then again, if Sara is an archer, perhaps its best if she was introduced to the game by someone who was in the Beta so she could get the hang of how to actually use a bow in the setting before things turn ugly.

Wolfie

If you want a beta tester, I guess Amaya would be alright for it. It would give her more incentive to join the group earlier on. I'm sure without pre-existing relationships it would be.... Interesting to form bonds otherwise, given the size of Amaya's high horse. Hahaha.

Wolfie

If I'm getting annoying by the way please let me know, I get a little overexcited sometimes.

Latooni Subota

It IS pretty logical for a handful of beta testers to gather together with a few other players, to get a bigger advantage early on. *shrug*

Daril

The thing is, Sara is a foreign university student, so I figure she got introduced to the game by someone at the university she's studying at.  I figure maybe she got to play around with someone else's beta copy a bit, which is why she knows how to use a bow at that start of the game.  But I can just have it that her friend from university hasn't joined in yet if no one has a character that would fit the role.

Edit: Actually I can problem drop the beta tester part, but even so I should make sure Mysterica is okay with the idea of our characters knowing each other from university before I do anything.  It may not fit what she has planned for her character.

Wolfie

Mysterica

I certainly have no problem with the idea of our characters knowing each other if you want to take it that route.

Daril

I'm leaning towards it.  Do you think your character is the sort who would make friends with a foreign exchange student at her university?

If that's the way we're doing it, I might have a post or two of them doing some low level grinding together, then teleport them to the square for Kayaba's announcement.

Daril

Sorry everyone, I'm not feeling very good and there's still a few things I want to figure out, so I'm going to get the first post up sometime tomorrow rather than tonight.

Anyway, just checking here: Mizuki (Misterica) and Sara/Artemis (myself) will be together from the get go since they know each other from university.  Venice (Latooni) will latch onto them after the mirror reveal.  Akira (Wolfie) will join sometime later after a few encounters with the group.  The main one I'm not sure about yet is Sessha's character, but he's indicated he's still interested in playing.

Hiroko/Robin, if I play her as a second character, will be someone the group rescues later on.  (Been thinking of playing Artemis as a glaive wielder so that I don't have two archer characters if that happens, but why call her Artemis is she doesn't use a bow?)

Daril

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224181.0

Play thread is up.  I plan to move things to the square for Kayaba's announcement pretty quickly.  For now, you can chime in by describing what your character is doing before they get teleported, or you can just wait for the actual teleport -it shouldn't be long.

I should also start a OOC thread at some point.

Wolfie

Mysterica

I will happily post tomorrow.   I'm free after work tomorrow, none of this go straight from work to class nonsense of today. 

Wolfie

My starter post isn't great, but it will do I think.

Wolfie

Ummm............. Everyone knows we started right?.

Latooni Subota

Work and doctors. Work and doctors. I'll make time after work.

Wolfie

Latooni Subota