The Coliseum [Game Protagonists at War] (Recruiting New Players)

Started by Blue Nova, February 24, 2015, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

That makes sense Mr. L.

I would think that the physical attacks of your Pokemon would be based on your physical stats (Scratch, Tackle, etc.) while attacks like Flamethrower, Water Gun, Psychic would be based on Power. Since they are sort of like Pokemon spells.

What do you guys think? If their strength is just based on Power, that would be easy to only have 1 stat to determine how strong my Pokemon are. But I could see that being really rigged in my benefit. Which would be unfair to everyone else.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Mr L

Quote from: Red Lobster on June 13, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
That makes sense Mr. L.

I would think that the physical attacks of your Pokemon would be based on your physical stats (Scratch, Tackle, etc.) while attacks like Flamethrower, Water Gun, Psychic would be based on Power. Since they are sort of like Pokemon spells.

What do you guys think? If their strength is just based on Power, that would be easy to only have 1 stat to determine how strong my Pokemon are. But I could see that being really rigged in my benefit. Which would be unfair to everyone else.

At the same time, if you do think of them like summons, they're power would be based on your character. It wouldn't be a whole lot of difference between him and Peach, since they'd both rely on their power stat (pokemon/magic respectively) and take away that source and they're way out of their element. At least that's how I'm rationalizing pokemon using Power. If Peach learned to conjure things to fight for her and her magic went away, they'd go with it.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

BruceTheCat

That's is a very good point.... Like if you summon a Balck Paladin kind of knight, the strength of his attacks would not be based on your Strength. It would be based on the power of the summon (your Power).

Alright, thanks for the advice! I'm going to run with Power.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000