Elemental Dawn (recruitment and OOC)

Started by Undercov3rL0ver, June 21, 2010, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

depends on what kind of shard they get, but the idea is that if you got an earth shard, you should be able to get earth powers (or if you already had them, then your powers would be amplified). There are some special shards that can give the player whatever element they wish, though as far as the character is concerned, it's random.  In other words, you as Skystomp could choose the element, but your character couldn't.

And we don't find you pesky for asking questions, though I'm betting that you were joking when you said that. (text is such an inconvenient means of conveying sarcasm...)

Also, Skystomp, you can post how you get your weapon or discover some new powers in your next post if you wish. It'd help us out greatly if you could handle that.  If you need suggestions or help, feel free to PM either me or Undercover.

As for everyone else, could I please get a roll call.  We've slowed down a bit, and I want to know who's still playing and who's dropped.  Undercover and I intend to continue this, and we may take over characters that drop as NPC's, though that'll only happen after we've secured permission from their players first. 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

so I've got a present for you and digitLninja, Saikotsu, well aside from the one I still have yet to give you.  Anyway I'm still good to go in this rp just kinda waiting for the times I can respond with something.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Skystomp

*nods* They need a sarcasm/humor emote for things like that, yes I was joking, but only partially given that players can really become pests when wanting to know things.

I'm working on the idea that he's not going to get a weapon at all, given that the shard actually rests inside of Jacobs body and that he's getting abilites more like a... well, best way I can put it is like a super hero who has control over X element, or maybe closer to how a mage who works with an element. I know, terribly vague and unformed. So, I'm also following that idea in that his abilites will manifest as needed, but not by concious control just yet. He's still having issues beleiving that all of this is even happening :)

Anyway, getting back to the reason I was asking is because early on he claimed the Shard from a Water user and I wasn't sure if that would merge with the one already inside him, become something, boost the ability he has now or give him some kind of control over water as well. I'm kinda hoping for the last, becuase that would give some interesting, or frustrating depending on your view, combinations to use.

Roll Call: Jacob is still around, if slow to post at times.... damn you SC2.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

cmpuncle

lmao Starcraft 2.....I didn't just buy it....*looks innocent*, don't worry it won't stop me from posting cause I work most of the day anyway.  And I post from work usually now as well.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

cmpuncle

In case any one is wondering when things will get moving again if you're all still interested, just thought I'd let you know that Saikotsu's modem was fried by a lightning storm so he won't be back online till he gets back to school in another week or so, and as far as I know Undercover is still having computer issues.

Skystomp

That would explain the sudden silence we got, I'm still game and patient to boot. Hope things work out for the both of them in rejoining the on-line community. On a more selfish note, that'll give me time to get my SC2 addiction kicked.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

DigitLninja

I want to kick my addiction to that game as well... but I can't T_T
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Undercov3rL0ver

hehehe, game junkies.  Hey everyone, sorry for my long absence.  I'll hopefully have some time later tonight to get this rp moving along again, assuming you all want to continue it.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

Undercov3rL0ver

Hey everyone, Undercover here.  Saiko and I are going to wait to post until one or two more people post.  I'm going to send out a few pm's to see if I can re-rope some of our players back in. Regarding your OOC comment in the IC Skystomp, it's all good. I'm really sorry you all had to wait so long. My computer was down for the count, and getting it repaired has been...tedious.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

Yeah I know how annoying comp issues can be, after all my mom has them all the bloody time.  Not to mention I just got to tell her that it's time to get a new desktop, cause hers either fried it's power supply or it's motherboard.

Saikotsu

I too should apologize. Even though I've returned to college with internet access, I haven't been online that much, primarily due to being busy.  I'll check in on rp's when I can, but don't expect any sort of consistent schedule. I'm here when I'm here, and I'm not when I'm not. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

that's ok zombie boy, just don't let me get too bored.....lol jk