Pathfinder; Evil Dead Recruitment

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 13, 2016, 01:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Pathfinder

Evil Dead Hunters

Quest for the Necronomicon

Darkness has descended up the land.  The Necronomicon has been unearth and fallen into the wrong hands.   This mysterious person is raising legions of the Evil Dead across the land.  Leaving a wake of dead that rises up to do unspeakable horrors. The Lady Ash Moonstone a witch of the White seeks able body individuals to combat this great evil growing in the lands.

It is a thousand years since the great apocalypse that brought the great nations down of the world.  Which plunged the world back in technology and civilization.   Humanity split into various races,  Elves,  Dwarfs, Gnomes,  Halflings, Orcs,  Goblins and other fantastical races.   Creatures of fantasy arose out of the great radiation fields that abound in the world after the great wars that devastated the world.   New kingdoms would arise from the ashes of the apocalypse.   As technology rescinded, magic awoken in the world.

The old world faded, the world before the great apocalypse.   It became the great ruins  of a dark past.   From where the evil dead arise from,  a dark past that looms once again to spring forth and reclaim the world in its darkness.

Pathfinder system will be used.   All characters will be level 1 in starting.  Character creation will be 25 point buy.  With two free  traits.  Along with a free +2 ability trait to use where want in addition to any racial bonus given for characters of the core races.   Other races allowed are those between the RP rating of 11 to 15,  these characters do not get the bonus ability freebie.   Starting gold will be max for class level one.   No evil alignments are allowed.  No character will be of the order the 'White'.

The order of the White Is a mysterious coven of five witches of good.

The party will be starting in the town of 'the Vale'.   What was once North America with Canada and the United States.  Has developed into a  vast no mans land to the west.   Where the Humanoid tribes roam this vast area known as the Grunge.  In the midst of this in the western side of the Grunge is the Dwarven Kingdom.   A highway known as the Dwarven highway is the only way to reach the dwarven kingdom.   The Dwarven phalanxes keep the highway secure, somewhat.   The highway connects to the only known human settlement in the Grunge, Frontier Town.   A wild hardy folk who dare to live within the Grunge.   What once was Chicago and great lakes region is now the Empire of Great Lakes.   To the north of this empire is the Elven kingdom   It is a vast woodland and not much is known within this vast northern woodland.   Where Maine and the north-northeastern part of the United States is now the Republic of York.   Along the eastern seaboard in the middle is the kingdom of Carolina.  It is here that the Vale is located.    Around the southern seaboard coast and to the gulf coast is what is known as the coalition of Free cities.   Two of which are Gnome cities as the Gnome lands are part of this coalition or part of them.    In the center of the eastern part of the continent is what is known as the free lands not align to any kingdom. In its northern part and and also part of the Great lakes,  York and Carolina is the Halfling valley.   Finally to the south is the Lizardmen kingdom where once was Florida.   

Classes allowed; Base,  Core, Hybrid, Unchained and Occult

Classes not allowed;  Gestalt builds ( redundant with hybrid), Alternative classes and NPC  (their NPC classes).

Magic is allowed at start if can afford to purchase it.  Through if can purchase only one magical item will be allowed.   The game has one major center plot in that the characters will be tracking down the Necronomicon.  From that a series of smaller quests that lead to fulfilling the major quest.  The tone of the campaign will be dark, with a comedic twist.  (In homage to the B rated genre of horror brought to a fantasy setting.)

Looking for four to six players   

Lunar Raven

Hi ESG, colour me interested - love the Evil Dead, which is quite... Groovy!

In this  instance, I'm thinking a magus or bloodrager.  I'm leaning towards Elven or Half-elf, but I'll run a check to see if Aasimars, Dhamphirs or Tieflings are acceptable, just for the sake of options.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

persephone325

Expressing interest!

I have a Dhampir Druid I've been trying to play in several different Pathfinder games. If it's acceptable, then I'll dig up her sheet.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Revelation

I'm interested, the thought of playing an inquisitor is kind of fun, I might be leaning to that.

persephone325

Will this be played over the forum, Miss Elf?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chulanowa

Just a question; what in the world is a "geist" build? Nevermind, guessing you meant gestalt build

Interested, by the by :)

Revelation

Also - going with the dark/comedic/b movie twist, idea for the inquisitor is an apprentice monster hunter, maybe someone trained in the arts and sent off to further his own 'education' in doing so without the aid of his order, or perhaps seeking something important to whatever order he's from. I mean, as far as b movie ideas go, I figure monster slayer/hunter is definitely one of those that're a big archetype!

Lunar Raven

Just to check a little about the campaign itself; will characters come together working under some representative of the Order of White? (Lady Ash Moonstone for instance) and how much independence is there in coming up with background material for characters?

Would it be correct to assume the primary enemies will be Deadites/Undead or even fiendish foes?

Idea & Request Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: schnookums on February 13, 2016, 07:13:24 PM
Expressing interest!

Welcome  do you have a concept yet?

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 13, 2016, 07:33:33 PM
Hi ESG, colour me interested - love the Evil Dead, which is quite... Groovy!

In this  instance, I'm thinking a magus or bloodrager.  I'm leaning towards Elven or Half-elf, but I'll run a check to see if Aasimars, Dhamphirs or Tieflings are acceptable, just for the sake of options.

Yes, I have adjusted what is allowed,  and Aasimars,  Dhamphirs and Tieflings will be allowed.   As any race between 11 - 15 RP will be allowed.  They however will not get the bonus ability score.   

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 13, 2016, 11:38:33 PM
Just a question; what in the world is a "geist" build? Nevermind, guessing you meant gestalt build

Interested, by the by :)

Uggh,  was looking through whitewolf world of darkness books, had geist on mind.   As was debating whether or not to run Evil Dead game with world of darkness rules.  Before deciding on the pathfinder system and putting a more fantasy spin on it.   

Quote from: persephone325 on February 13, 2016, 11:30:53 PM
Will this be played over the forum, Miss Elf?

Yes over the forum.   Looking at a posting rate of twice per week.

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 13, 2016, 11:48:59 PM
Also - going with the dark/comedic/b movie twist, idea for the inquisitor is an apprentice monster hunter, maybe someone trained in the arts and sent off to further his own 'education' in doing so without the aid of his order, or perhaps seeking something important to whatever order he's from. I mean, as far as b movie ideas go, I figure monster slayer/hunter is definitely one of those that're a big archetype!

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 12:38:48 AM
Just to check a little about the campaign itself; will characters come together working under some representative of the Order of White? (Lady Ash Moonstone for instance) and how much independence is there in coming up with background material for characters?

Would it be correct to assume the primary enemies will be Deadites/Undead or even fiendish foes?

It can be a catalyst that thrusts characters into their class in life.    Other then the mysterious order of the white coven.   No one else knows are planned to defend against the rise of evil dead from the  Necronomicon.   So belonging to another order, might be a order sworn to fight the humanoid hordes in the Grunge or such type.   The primary foes will be  the evil dead i.e.  deadites and infernal creatures.   

In depth backgrounds are welcome as a lot of independence will be allowed.    An yes to speed up the coming together as a party.   The lady Ash Moonstone has contacted you all.   Which either has led you to the vale or perhaps you are from town called the vale.     

Revelation

Gotcha, so more monster hunters rather than undead/deadite/demon hunter as a possibility, then? As I can see him as having trained initially to fight the Grunge as well.

What's religion like in the setting, if its important/a major focus, still?

Muse

Oh!  Me me!  Pcik me!  :) 

And I will play... 
  "All right you primative screwheads, this... Is my boomstick!

Either a gunslinger or a holy gun paladin! 

With a primative arquebus reconstructed from studying the ruins of the more advanced--and utterly unusalbe--firearms of the anchint world. 

Hmmm.... 

What race... 

What race... 

Hee...  What would you think of a Changeling? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

freeko

I could go for this. Do we pitch character ideas off to you ESG?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on February 14, 2016, 07:22:15 AM
  Oh!  Me me!  Pcik me!  :) 

And I will play... 
  "All right you primative screwheads, this... Is my boomstick!

Either a gunslinger or a holy gun paladin! 

With a primative arquebus reconstructed from studying the ruins of the more advanced--and utterly unusalbe--firearms of the anchint world. 

Hmmm.... 

What race... 

What race... 

Hee...  What would you think of a Changeling?

At puberty, changelings receive “the call,” a hypnotic spiritual voice that beckons them to travel and discover their true origins. Changelings who ignore this call choose their own destiny; those who heed it discover their “mother” and may come into great power by transforming into hags themselves. 

A changeling is fine and may receive the bonus +2 ability score offered.    However,  if ever the character heeds the call it ceases to be a playable character and becomes a NPC as a Hag of what ever type the mother was.   

Quote from: freeko on February 14, 2016, 09:35:31 AM
I could go for this. Do we pitch character ideas off to you ESG?

Yes and welcome.

With freeko and Muse expressing interest,  the open recruitment is closed.   Any other applications will be for a waiting list.   As the current count has reached seven interested.   

Pathfinder

Character sheet (Use pathfinder)

Muse

Yay! :)  I made it in!  *dances* 

Thank you ESG. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

schnookums

Are fuzzybutt kitsunes allowed? (Yes, I know. I have an addiction. )

Lunar Raven

Quote from: schnookums on February 14, 2016, 02:02:45 PM
Are fuzzybutt kitsunes allowed? (Yes, I know. I have an addiction. )
Should be, given as Kitsune's are at about 10-12 RP.

Idea & Request Thread

persephone325

Are we posting sheets here? Or PMing them to you?
I don't know.

Lunar Raven

Going to put aside my original idea for a magus or bloodrager, and go with a elven slayer after plucking this long unused picture from my collection ;D (that, and I couldn't find suitable pictures for the previous two concepts, lol)

Idea & Request Thread

schnookums

I was thinking of Oracle or sorcerer but if allowed I'm heavily leaning towards summoner just to try it out.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 14, 2016, 02:18:36 PM
Are we posting sheets here? Or PMing them to you?

Here will be fine,   

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 03:17:08 PM
Going to put aside my original idea for a magus or bloodrager, and go with a elven slayer after plucking this long unused picture from my collection ;D (that, and I couldn't find suitable pictures for the previous two concepts, lol)

Like the picture  a lot. 

Quote from: Lunar Raven on February 14, 2016, 02:09:01 PM
Should be, given as Kitsune's are at about 10-12 RP.

Yes a kitsune falls into what is allowed.   I capped it at 15 RP  simply for the reason I am starting the campaign out at 1st level.   

Muse

Lexi

Alan Dale doesn't know who left the year old baby with the beautiful, bright, mismatched eyes outside his camp one night as he was traveling back from the lizard kingdoms, but he was instantly struck with the little foundling.  He named her Lexi and adopted her for his own. 
   Alan was an explorer and an archeologist, determined to reconstruct the mysterious technology of the ancient world.  Lexi never really had a knack for history, but she loved his stories.  She was bold, daring, and crafty, defending their camp from minor monsters by her 13th year.  With her father's guidance, she forged her own sword and her own musket.  The second is a dangerous and unpredictable weapon—still in need of a good deal of perfecting—based on rusted shards of per-cataclysm weapons. 
   On her sixteenth birthday, Lexi struck out on her own.  At first, she was following the songs in her dreams, wondering who the beautiful woman in the wetlands is, and why is she calling to Lexi? 
   The White Witch's call to her for intercession has diverted Lexi from that goal.  The songs still haunt her dreams, but surely they can wait? 
   Lexi is proud of her tight young body and displays it boldly in a mail bikini. 
   She's sometimes considered taking up pipe smoking since leaving her father.  She loves the smell from across the campfire, but doesn’t really enjoy the taste.  Still, she finds a certain intimacy in offering a gentleman a burning brand to light his pipe. 

persephone325

This is what I have so far:

Aurora DeWynter
Dhampir Druid Neutral
HP 8 / 8 Speed ft Init 2
AC 15 Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 5
CMB +1 BAB 0
Fangs +1 (1d3, x2)
Dagger +1 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Str 12 (1) Dex 15 (2) Con 9 (-1) Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 17 (3)
I don't know.

Muse

I l ike her, Persoephone.  Do you have a picture? 

Do you intend to stick with her primary weapon as a dagger?  :) 

Revelation

About to start working on my sheet & character stuff now. Before I do, are there any sort of religions in the setting? I figured i'd ask since I would need to have something I can base my domains/inquisitions off of for an inquisitor, as they do need a deity/religion for their stuff. If not however, I could just make one up - a short blurb or something about his faith.

Edit: Oh and as soon as I post this I see a blurb saying with GM permission they can be followers of an idea instead of a god. Derp!