Odd Gifts

Started by Phoenixrisen, May 28, 2011, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

What is the oddest gift that you have ever given or received? Let's not just limit this to real life though. I'm sure we've all had something given to a character that made no sense, or had a thought in our head that would make a truly awkward gift...

For me, the one that comes to mind right now is the stun gun/flashlight combination that my husband just gave me...
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Belle33

One of my colleagues made me a boutique he made using starbucks bottled coffee drink tops.  The silver ones that screw off.  I while I enjoy the occasional starbucks bottled drink and I appreciated all the effort he went through - it was odd, very odd. 

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Harley

A roll of toilet paper that was signed by a friend.   This was on my 16th birthday. 

Mordred

When I was 13, my dad.. for some bizarre reason, got me a cowboy had for my birthday. Huh? What? It came totally out of left field, for I showed no sign of wanting one, certainly wasn't into country music (no offense to those that are).. and I absolutely did not wear hats. And, because I did and do have a big head, it didn't even fit.
*See Pillory*

Funguy81

I was given a cheese and meat combination for one chistmas.... i'm not sure where it came from..and the cheese was rotted out.

Belle33

*laughs at the gifts*

As we speak I'm looking at the world's ugliest candleholder.  It was given to me by a dear friend who has passed away.  I chuckle each time I look at it because when she gave it to me I told her that it was indeed awful - she laughed and insisted I not only keep it - but keep it in my bedroom on my night stand.  The only reason she could ever give me for feeling so strongly about it was that she thought it would make life better for me.  It does, because I smile and think of her very often. 

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Mordred

One year at christmas my grandma gave me a glass coffee cup. It was nice, had a cool etching on it. But when I first poured coffee into it, it cracked. Kinda sucked.
*See Pillory*

abandoneddolly

some kind of eggs my hubby found out in the woods. t he things never did hatch. I still wonder what they could have been.

Shimeka

a necklace made of nasty fresh chicken skulls and feet with a leather cord... as in real... The guy I was seeing worked at a chicken plant... and left it in a wrapped shoe box for me to find on my birthday...

needless to say I like wacky stuffs and I do LARP but... that was a bit too much, not to mention creepy as hell! and for my birthday really?!

Sylk

Years ago when rocks were soft and water was dry, my grandmother sailed around the Cape of Good Hope.  When somewhere in Africa, she got me a bracelet made from Elephant hair that had a tiger's eye stone.  I still have it.
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads