For The Crown (A Game of Conquest)[Prince, Nobles and Warriors needed]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, August 01, 2012, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

That's a great idea Flower! I'll make one in a few minutes for you guys.

Flower

LimitlessNikkie

OK here is a link to the new Relationship Thread. For those of you who may have never used one of these before it's a place to keep track of who your character knows, who they like and who they don't and generally their opinions about other people.

DarkRose15

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 08, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Does anyone else want to establish history with my character?  Maybe set up scenes down the road?
I wouldn't mind discussing a garden scene ;) hehe. Do you think our charries will get along?
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Flower

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 08, 2012, 02:43:35 PM
OK here is a link to the new Relationship Thread. For those of you who may have never used one of these before it's a place to keep track of who your character knows, who they like and who they don't and generally their opinions about other people.

Thank you, Nikkie. <3

DarkRose15

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 08, 2012, 02:43:35 PM
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Praxis

Howdy!

Hiya!

Salutations!

Are you still looking for nobles or warriors for this concept?

LimitlessNikkie

Both and a heir role is open so you are welcome to take your pick.

kckolbe

OR
The Basics
Name:Laverius Dulaine
Sex: Male
Orientation: Hetero
Role: Royal Armorer
Player: kckolbe

The Look
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Light, but with a bit of tan
Anything else: (i.e piercing, tattoos, anything unique to you)  Nothing special, though he has a very analytical stare

The story
Likes: Touches, grinding, skimpy clothing.  He likes feeling important, especially from those of higher status.  He sometimes returns the favor with those beneath them, styling them as lords and ladies (particularly ladies) in private.
Dislikes: Dismissiveness, roughness, shows of machismo/blatant boasting
Personality: He wants to be a real noble, to mean something.  He knows that he has risen above his station and possibly above his skill.  He is very careful when speaking about his trade, not wanting to sell himself short and risk being thought less valuable, but far more afraid of boasting at more than he can accomplish.
Habits: He often "appraises" things and people twice, the second one occasionally off-putting when it is a person he is looking at.
Skills: Smithing (particularly armor), and a decent archer.
History: At one point his family had had proper station, but a few generations of lackluster warriors had reduced their family to little more than a footnote.  Expected to help redeem the family's reputation and current standing, Laverius began training as an archer at the age of 8, and showed passable promise.  If nothing else, he would not further his family's decline, and might lead a squad of archers when he came of age. 

Things soon changed, however, when Laverius' family went into debt beyond their failing name, and Laverius was taken from them, gifted to a local blacksmith at the age of 11.  His parents were re-drafted into the army.  Laverius did not see them again.  After five years, Laverius was finally deemed a journeyman.  He had been ready well before that, but the smith had not wished to dispense with free labor until pressured. 

Laverius spent many years as a smith, traveling with units and making repairs, occasionally making a little money by doing special orders.  He bought a bow at the age of 17, the first possession of his other than his tools.  He re-discovered his childhood fondness for archery, and also discovered a taste for soft women.  After a couple of years following advance units, he found work at a staging fort outside Theiri, where his life began changing.  For once he was the best smith of an area as opposed to simply the only one around.  Bribes began coming in for special orders on work lesser smiths would normally do.  Women waited at his bed, exchanging favors for shields for their families.  He was living there, and had been for several years when an old man began visiting him, looking over his wares and inquiring about special arms.  It turned out the man was the Master Smith, and, at the age of 23, Laverius was to become his apprentice.

8 years have passed since then, two with the Master, and six at the castle.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LimitlessNikkie

kckolbe

Any preference on picture?  Also, now that I have been approved, I love your avatar.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Montagne

Heya Nikkie sorry this one took so long to get transfered from the old game, been very busy.

I'm also looking for some possible noble children for Lorenso, if anyone is interested.

The Basics       
Name: Lorenso Florencia
Sex: male
Role: First sword of Theiri, Noble
Player:Red Doctor

The Look
Height: 5’8”
Weight:180 pounds
Hair:dirty blonde tumbling curls, to the neck
Eyes:Light Brown
Skin: Lightly Tanned
Anything else: A rugged, chiselled jaw line, a neatly shaved beard, muscular frame, left handed

The story
Likes: Art, Music, Sailing, fencing, Dance, Beauty, Stars, Science & Women much too young for him
Dislikes:Disrespect, Savages, People who threaten/hurt the weak or defenceless

Personality: Very loyal to his friends, particularly the old King Theiri. Always loud, and slightly flamboyant with his speech, he quickly makes an impression on everyone he meets, usually good. He has a great love for all forms of art, from dance to music, song, sculpture and painting, and represents a more refined edge to the Theiri military. Recently engaged on the front lines pushing back the Aserit, his unconventional tactics, along with the help of the ghosts helping him stay one step ahead of the game. He has returned on news of the peace treaty to act as a guard for the royal family, far better at carrying himself in court than most.  He has always had a love for women, never married, he feels that his passion should not be tied by titles. However most of the ladies he currently has his eyes on are around 30 years his junior, not that it bothers him.

Skills: Sword Master, Artist, Musician, Tactician, Trader, Courtesan and Public Speaker

History: Born to a rather rich, if unremarkable, lord of one the Theiri’s major trade guilds, Lorenso grew up learning the various tools of the civilised lords, the arts, sciences, maths and trade skills necessary to take other his Fathers business. But he yearned for adventure, and when he was young, joined the previous kings army, given a low command position on account of his father’s position within the nobility.

With little knowledge of the sword, he used the skills he had been taught, he entered the field with a courtiers grace; picking up a light rapier, and entering the field without armour, he spun around the clunky enemy men, stabbing and slashing, ducking and weaving, soon turning his battle stance into an artful display of thrusts and parries, mimcking the elaborate coutiers dances he had learnt in the capital. It was during his early days as a soldier, during some great sweeping melee on the fields of Theiri that Lorenso crossed the current King, only a fledgling prince of the time. As the battle turned against him, the Princes guards cut down Lorenso helped defend and push back the savage oponents, saving the Princes life countless times with parries and pushes to move him away from the enemies steel.

That night after the battle they drank and laughed together, and Lorenso and his few surviving men became part of the Princes honour guard, and from that moment onwards Lorenso has always been at his side. He was there on the trip to to meet the princes wife, throughout his reign, and this seemingly unending war and peace with the Aserit people.

When he turned 30, he challenged the then current First Sword of Theiri to single combat, and forced him to yeild. With this he became the First Sword of Theiri, the champion of the nation. He can be challenged at any time for the title, as he is occasionally, by brave youths looking for glory, with more guts than sense. He fights them with a blunt sword, perfectly balanced, and turns their blades aside, knocking them to the floor, making every attempt to spare their lives, but occasionally, they refuse to submit.

He met his current sword-maiden when leading a vanguard force along the Theiri border. He watched the peasant girl fight of a Aserit squad alone; her family lost, he took her under his wing, and when she was of age, bedded her. He has been more and more intensely involved on the battlefield of late, becoming somewhat infamous amongst Thierian and Aserit alike for his near suicidal lack of regard for his own safety. He is now returning to the capital after 5 months  on the front lines to look over the peace hearings.

LimitlessNikkie

*pokes kckolbe* No staring at my ass :P

I like the archer pic but that's just me. Right now I just shrank down both.

Thank you Atlas I'll add it to the character thread.

AngelicBlade

Love And Submission

So you're looking for a heir? How does inheritance work in the  Kingdom Of Aserit?   Does the heir have to be the child of the king and queen or  is it the king's brother or the queen's sister etc. etc. I'd prefer to be  the son of the King and Queen but I was just making sure that's what that role meant.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Flower

kckolbe

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 08, 2012, 04:33:17 PM
*pokes kckolbe* No staring at my ass :P

Can I poke back?  ~grins~  As for the staring, gonna break that rule a lot, me thinks.  Thanks for the picture feedback.  Will decide which one to keep tomorrow.

Intro Thread

LimitlessNikkie

Flower

Is the last name for the royal house of Theiri going to be Theiri? I only ask because I am coding my relationship sheet.

LimitlessNikkie

sesshomaruartist

Well, there will be bastards and such in a kingdom, wouldn't you say? I mean its common for kings and queens to have other lovers lol

LimitlessNikkie

Yes, but if someone want to play a bastard it would be a bit more complicated and have to be discussed by a couple other players. That's not to say people should be discouraged I'm just saying the details would need to by ironed out.

AngelicBlade

I think playing as a bastard would be rather interesting, and since the king of Aserit is known for sleeping around I doubt it'd be difficult to make one up. :P

LimitlessNikkie

It would be really interesting working the back story out would be pretty fun too.

AngelicBlade

Indeed, kinda wish I'd thought of that, then again I feel like the bastard would be like hated by others.