"Disable Shoutbox" and "Wide screen" main forum options

Started by Haibane, April 20, 2015, 04:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Hi

I find that selecting the above two options in the main forum page is not preserved in the login settings. I have to click both options each time I fire my browser up. Is it possible to have these two option settings preserved in the profile or the browser cache or whatever is needed please?

Many thanks!

Oreo

You can change those in Profile>Look and Layout. Make sure to use the elliquiy2 selection and be sure to save changes at the bottom of the page.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Haibane

I have the Elliquiy2 look/layout option enabled but I don't see the checkboxes for the above two options - which one(s) is it please?

Oreo

Click on the elliquiy2 and choose default. For the shoutbox to be disabled you should be able to click the box at the top of the screen.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Haibane

Thanks. I was confused because "elliquiy2" isn't a link and I therefore assumed I was using it already. By clicking on the "change" link beside it I was able to select the default setting but there is no save option. It seems to have saved anyway.

TL:DR - it worked, thanks!

Oreo

Haibane

In fact it's not. The changes didn't hold following a reboot. There is no "save" option on that page.

EDIT: I discovered its not the default option but "widescreen_ns" I need. I'm trying that now, but there still seems to be no "save" button.

Oreo

Haibane

I finally found it, thanks. The button isn't "save" which I'd been looking for but "Use this Theme".

I have it working now though, thanks for your help!