Looking for some Star Wars (FFG)

Started by ShadowFox89, February 21, 2019, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Splash

We can take a vote and see what everyone wants. I’ve played the older one, Saga/ wizards of the coast, whatever you want to call it. I’m open to playing either way but I do know that freeform is a lot easier in a forum based to.

ShadowFox89

Well, the title of the thread is FFG, which is what I was looking to play.... I don't like freeform much and the older systems have their problems.

But I can back out and look for another game again.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

I’m good either way.

Just need to figure out how my Kel Dor fits in
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Thunder Splash

I had forgotten the newest version was referred to as FFG, my bad. If everyone is fine with it we can do FFG, but it’ll be a little bit longer before we can start. I’ll need to get my hands on some of the rules books and familiarize myself with the system. Like I said I’ve only ever played WOTC. But if you guys are willing to wait I can set everything up in FFG, I’ve wanted to learn it since I came out, just never had the time or a group to play it with.

Captain Whitebread

Wicked Vixen

I'd be interested in a STAR WARS RP!!! *HAPPY JUMPING*
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Thunder Splash

Okay, I’ve found some of the books, hopefully the two I’ll need. Just with a cursory look, and to help make sure there ain’t too much overlap, the two npcs that I’ll have with the party will be a zabrak smuggler named Kalor Dunn, the captain of the ship the party will all be signing on with, and a trandoshian hired gun named Sassk, his co-pilot, and he was a bounty hunter before he was a smuggler The start of the game will be the trandoshian being sent out to find a crew for a big job they recently picked up. Hopefully that will help us with plotting how the party will meet up, and if anyone wants to work on interwoven backstories I encourage it. Kalor and Sassk have been operating as smugglers for some time and have made a bit of a name for themselves, thought not necessarily a good one, and I’m open to any ideas of anyone wants to have heard of priviously worked with them.

ShadowFox89

I'll have to send you the relevant information from the splat books I'm using, Armorer in particular is in the Guardian specific book.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

Yup definitely changing characters. Shaa Raa wouldn’t sign on to somebody else’s ship.

Switching to Twi’lek. Will have redo him as no longer Force sensitive

Thunder Splash

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 16, 2019, 07:46:48 PM
I'll have to send you the relevant information from the splat books I'm using, Armorer in particular is in the Guardian specific book.
I’ve found force and destiny, and edge of the empire. Please send me any info I’d need that’s not in those two or the names of the books they come from so I can try and find them myself.

Thunder Splash

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on March 16, 2019, 07:51:47 PM
Yup definitely changing characters. Shaa Raa wouldn’t sign on to somebody else’s ship.

Switching to Twi’lek. Will have redo him as no longer Force sensitive
Sounds good. Send me info on the zabrak crime lord and the hutt from his past and I can work them into the story. If you don’t have too much on the hutt I have some ideas I’d like to run by you for it as well.

ShadowFox89

The two books I'm mainly looking at using are Keeping the Peace, which is the Guardian specific book, and taking a weapon from Nexus of Power (training stick). Training Stick is fairly easy to type out though:

Training Stick, Lightsaber Skill, Damage +1, Critical 5, Melee (Engaged) Range, Encumbrance 2, HP 0, Price 35, Accurate 1, Disorient 1, Stun Damage

It's basically a wooden stick that's been crafted to be balanced enough to be used as a weapon, but can also hide as a cane.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thunder Splash

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 16, 2019, 08:40:24 PM
The two books I'm mainly looking at using are Keeping the Peace, which is the Guardian specific book, and taking a weapon from Nexus of Power (training stick). Training Stick is fairly easy to type out though:

Training Stick, Lightsaber Skill, Damage +1, Critical 5, Melee (Engaged) Range, Encumbrance 2, HP 0, Price 35, Accurate 1, Disorient 1, Stun Damage

It's basically a wooden stick that's been crafted to be balanced enough to be used as a weapon, but can also hide as a cane.
Seems simple enough, i’ll Look for Keeping the Peace. And that reminds me of when I was playing a sigh apprentice in WOTC. He was a miraluka and with fantastic bluff and disguise checks we managed to trick a bunch of guards that he was a blind man and his sith sword was a cane. XD Just went tapping his ass around a hutt’s castle with a sword for a cane.

ShadowFox89

The book for Seekers has the Force Sense power, which let's you use the force to see. Perfect for playing a blind character.

Of course, I'm that guy who actually goes and buys the books, so I don't have pdf copies of any of them... I'd really suggest a discord channel though, there's a dicebot you can add to it to make dice rolls easier.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thunder Splash

I have a dice app that has the Star Wars dice, now I’ll finally get to start using them.

Pumpkin Seeds

Thunder Splash

Pumpkin Seeds

Thunder Splash

Okay, I’ve tracked down far horizons and keeping the peace for the performer and the armorer, and I have the three core rule book age of rebellion, edge of the empire, and force and destiny. For the most part I will be using edge of the empire for this particular canpaign, but so long as we don’t go crazy I am okay with other source books. I’m reading through edge of the empire to get a solid understanding of the system so bear with me but I will be getting some threads up if for anything other than place holders. The campaign will be named Smuggler’s Glory.

Captain Whitebread

He was attending Vesari, his mistress, when she was visiting a Hutt named Gaburabu, with whom she'd had frequent business dealings.  When the Hutt introduced his racing slave, the Zabrak laughed at his unassuming appearance, saying that her slave chauffeur could probably beat him in a race.  The Hutt, offended, demanded that the race take place, with the loser facing execution.  Ilar'Ven expected to die at the end of the race but won by half a speeder length.  Displeased, the Hutt made Ilar'Ven execute his opponent.  Knowing what would happen if he hesitated, he squeezed the trigger immediately.  Impressed with his ruthlessness and speed, the Hutt offered to buy him from the Zabrak.  She refused to sell.

That decision sealed both of their fates. Ilar'Ven was savagely punished for doing exactly what he'd been asked to do.  He was subject of a number of kidnapping attempts and was forced to start carrying a blaster to fend off attackers.  The relationship between the Hutt and the Zabrak deteriorated to something just short of open war.  Finally, to deny the Hutt any sort of victory in the matter, the Zabrak took the unusual step of setting him free.  On his own for the first time and able to determine his own future, he is determined to rise above his beginnings and become something greater than he was.

Let me know if you need more.

Cheer up my lads, tis to glory we steer....

Thunder Splash

Sounds good. Mind if this conflict took place on Nar Shadaa? It’ll tie into my story nicely, just have to adjust a few things.

ShadowFox89

If you need any help with the system, just ask. There's a few odd things here and there that take some getting used to.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

The incident was originally on Nar Shadaa. So that just tells me how far Ilar’Ven/Liar’n has managed to get on his own. Likely he traded services for passage. There is no real system skill that covers what he is trained in.

In addition to being a trained body servant he gives a killer massage and is a talented groomer

ShadowFox89

Ah, there is one other book, Special Modifications. It's got all the stuff for crafting in there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

FYI the ship modification rules are very basic.   SAGA is much better