News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laz

Actually Aiko, Clockwork's world doesn't have computers. computers/programs doesn't exist. imagine the 1800s era. that's how Clockwork's world looks like, with the exception of robots existing in that time period. so those robots will look pretty old fashioned, with the exception of a small portion of cyber punk theme in it, but with the exception of digital technology, in other words, programs, cds, DVDs, transferring of data, are non existent in her world.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Laz on June 24, 2011, 11:35:12 AM
Actually Aiko, Clockwork's world doesn't have computers. computers/programs doesn't exist. imagine the 1800s era. that's how Clockwork's world looks like, with the exception of robots existing in that time period. so those robots will look pretty old fashioned, with the exception of a small portion of cyber punk theme in it, but with the exception of digital technology, in other words, programs, cds, DVDs, transferring of data, are non existent in her world.

There's only one very remote way to make this even slightly work in the transferable sense.  And that's to somehow incorporate the monks' advanced abilities with quantum physics and energy manipulation.  That, however, is a concept that still needs a lot of tweaking, and is something that I'm still working with Johnny on, 1:1.  The thing is... automatons are on one continent, and control it.  Monks are on the other, and (subtly) control that.

What we are talking about here is something that might occur well into the storyline, if those two separate "worlds" intermingle.

Dolls are typically made out of porcelain.  If we created a type of porcelain in Axiom (which is feasible, since it's created from clay), then it would be porcelain plating fastened to metal.  Porcelain is known to break very easily, however.  That would limit your functions and mobility.

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 11:04:36 AM
I want to play with everyone but I am not a steam punk fan

Uh...

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Aikochan

Ok, clockwork thats fine. Cause I can just have her wear a victorian outfit to cover up the rest of her metalic body.

I have a way through role-play to get her cosmetics to make her appear doll like. I remembered a way from watching that make up game show on sci-fi channel. I forget what its called. It would work here! So Yes I could have a straight metalic body and we can modify the looks of it that way. Its real simple concept just will take time to get the stuff to make the things :) its 100% legal too

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 11:54:15 AM
Ok, clockwork thats fine. Cause I can just have her wear a victorian outfit to cover up the rest of her metalic body.

I have a way through role-play to get her cosmetics to make her appear doll like. I remembered a way from watching that make up game show on sci-fi channel. I forget what its called. It would work here! So Yes I could have a straight metalic body and we can modify the looks of it that way. Its real simple concept just will take time to get the stuff to make the things :) its 100% legal too

Explain...?

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

wait wait.. no.. if your adding in cyberwear from cyber punk, computers have to exist cause that is what runs cyber wear right?

So copying a mind would be pretty simple with that concept right? quantum theory would then be actually way better than what I was thinking.

And it could be porclin, but I got a better idea..

Use a latex mold like they do in make up and just use that to get a fakely painted/dyed skin texture for her face. That is very easily done and could find that stuff anywhere in the world.

Aikochan

her transfering won't happen right away anyway since I am rping out her death anyway so there will be some time before she dies.

ClockworkShadow

Who said anything about cyber wear?  I apparently missed something.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

you said that you were taking the cybernetics out of cyberpunk for humans to use?? thats what you said dear.. I only wanted to add in cyberpunk for my android shell.

Aikochan

I dunno clockwork, I am just trying to find a way to compremise to be able to get this char idea. Alot of this stuff can be rped out and everything..

Since I am rping the human for awhile.. But she has limitations and can't go on far trips due to her being sick.

As long as in the end by the time she is about to die.. I get to have fun and switch to a doll type (automation)

Aikochan

the reason I said I don't like steam punk is cause of some of the technology stuff I dislike, but alot of it I could care less as long as I get something like, I was hoping the characters in the game (our all characters) could all work together to make this thing for my character so she could technically live longer even if its not really her mind. And we could go on adventures to find stuff and things to be able to make up the shell and make it better and her being the first one being more advanced since she is my char.. I dunno...

If you don't want me to do it say so and I will bow out and  will make up a topic to where I could do it... if you really hate the idea.. It will be sad if I have to do that cause I want to be with this group since we all talked and went through our apps together... (sorry to over post but I gotta get ready for an appointment) I am just saying this is taking a long time to hammer out this character too much too long.. everyone is ready to start and I am not even to the point of writing up my bio and I don't want to hold people back from playing... So ya.... I am out of ideas if none of all the ideas I gave out will work.

WingedServant

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 12:19:23 PM
the reason I said I don't like steam punk is cause of some of the technology stuff I dislike, but alot of it I could care less as long as I get something like, I was hoping the characters in the game (our all characters) could all work together to make this thing for my character so she could technically live longer even if its not really her mind. And we could go on adventures to find stuff and things to be able to make up the shell and make it better and her being the first one being more advanced since she is my char.. I dunno...

If you don't want me to do it say so and I will bow out and  will make up a topic to where I could do it... if you really hate the idea.. It will be sad if I have to do that cause I want to be with this group since we all talked and went through our apps together... (sorry to over post but I gotta get ready for an appointment) I am just saying this is taking a long time to hammer out this character too much too long.. everyone is ready to start and I am not even to the point of writing up my bio and I don't want to hold people back from playing... So ya.... I am out of ideas if none of all the ideas I gave out will work.

This is a steampunk/clockwork world that we are building here, Aiko.  CWS has been rather specific about the boundaries and limitations of this world.  And it sounds to me like you have an idea in your head of the character you want to be. The idea you had from the beginning, and you've been trying to fit it into the world, like fitting a square peg into a round hole. 

I'd like to maybe disassemble your idea slowly bit by bit, and get a look at where the core of this idea is coming from. If we can answer the needs with the tools this world provides, I think we can make you happy here.
Example One: You want your character to have a property similar to agelessness.  Do you want your character to be immortal? Do you  want her to not age at all? or do you simply want her to take longer to age and decay?
    Example One-Sub set A: What is the core need, or problem that agelessness solves for your character? Is there a hole you are trying to fill? Once we know the need that your experiencing, the rest of us can offer steam/clockwork related solutions that still give you what you want.

Example Two: You want to roleplay a character who was dying of a disease, and had to be transferred in mind to something else. This allows the character to avoid death. Is she going to continue avoiding death forever? Or was this choice because someone thought her death was undeserved and she simply wanted a little more time?
    Example Two-Subset A:  What sort of disease actually affected her, and is there something biogically specific that was happening to her body to make her die? If we know what exactly was happening to her body... perhaps the rest of us could brainstorm a solution that keeps your character alive that doesn't require mind transference.
    Example Two-Subset B: If the disease attacks bone structure, or the marrow that produces blood cells, perhaps some scientists/engineers find a way to replace the affected sections of her bone structure with a coated metal alloy (something appropriate to that period), so the disease stops breaking down that skeletal area, or infected blood cells stop being generated.  Portions of your characters body (IE a legbone, or maybe an arm) may have metal bits grafted in and onto the body, making your movements a little less graceful. And replacing bonemarrow in the leg might stunt your growth, giving you a shorter, perhaps more childlike size (if thats an image you were gunning for).

These are just examples, but I am using them as a means of helping you reconstruct your character from the ground up, from the inside out. Tell us the needs and core aspects that you want to express in your character, then we can steampimp your ride effectively.  I'd take it as a challenge.

However... if the idea of using steam punk/clockwork technology really makes you feel like your character concept is ruined beyond all repair, than perhaps that isn't a viable character concept for this story.  I'd be more than willing to help you come up with something else.  I can also assure you that there will be others on E who would gladly cyberpunk a group story with you if you chose to start another group. And making friends with them will be just as easy as with this group. Personally, I'd like you to stay, and add your flavor to what we've got.

Let me know what you think.   And be as descriptive as you can when letting us know what you want out of your character. Don't just write "I want her to never age, and I want her to be an automaton."  Say why. Explain what those qualities create in your character that adds to the story.

Aikochan

see I was under the impression that we were going to do a 3 way mix, between clockwork, steam, and cyberpunk. Thats what I thought we were doing.. Thats what she said in the begining too but since it changed I am sorta at a loss here.. Let me finish reading your post but I wanted to say this first...

Aikochan

*** This is a steampunk/clockwork world that we are building here, Aiko.  CWS has been rather specific about the boundaries and limitations of this world.  And it sounds to me like you have an idea in your head of the character you want to be. The idea you had from the beginning, and you've been trying to fit it into the world, like fitting a square peg into a round hole. 

No I wasn't doing that because if you look at the very first page clockwork agreed to doing a 3 way mix of the world, and thats what I was going off of and why I made up my character more than adding anything to the world. I honestly didn't care what was used as I put up a few character ideas and since all but the automation didn't work and now running into the automation problem. So you can now see why I am confused. I mean if she didn't want to use cyberpunk at all she could of just told me and said hey no from the beginning so this would have been avoided but now I got a character I REALLY liked. :( I am just showing you and explaining where I am coming from here is all. :)

*** I'd like to maybe disassemble your idea slowly bit by bit, and get a look at where the core of this idea is coming from. If we can answer the needs with the tools this world provides, I think we can make you happy here.

- Kewl yes please help me out! I sorta don't want to be the odd girl out here and I want to get this done so we can all start playing... Everyone else seemed to like the idea I had up and all said what their characters could do and that my idea would work with their characters too. So thats another thing that got me excited too lol So really I just got excited over oh kewl! It will work!!!! and oh... ummm.. huh? Type of thing (I got disappointed in the end so far).. Ok now let me answer.

*** Example One: You want your character to have a property similar to agelessness.  Do you want    your character to be immortal? Do you  want her to not age at all? or do you simply want her to    take longer to age and decay?

- I did not want to physically age at all. I figured as an automation she wouldn't be immortal as she can die by getting hurt too far beyound being repaired if it came down to it or however it works... I really don't think I could do the whole Immortal Idea. But that is not what I was thinking.

*** Example One-Sub set A: What is the core need, or problem that agelessness solves for your character? Is there a hole you are trying to fill? Once we know the need that your experiencing, the rest of us can offer steam/clockwork related solutions that still give you what you want.

- Ok basicly the idea as you know is human girl is dieing from a non-contagious disease that can not be fixed or repaired. Be it whatever.. She is dieing and does not have much time left before she dies. Agelessness would help her to keep the disease from spreading if she does not get transferred to an automation. It would give her some extra time to surivive. The agelessness was more due to being an automation.. I love the idea of not aging and being stuck as a younger girl. So she sorta goes from an older girl to a young inhuman android girl.

*** Example Two: You want to roleplay a character who was dying of a disease, and had to be transferred in mind to something else. This allows the character to avoid death. Is she going to continue avoiding death forever? Or was this choice because someone thought her death was undeserved and she simply wanted a little more time?

- Well She would prolly try to avoid death for awhile once she realizes that she was saved and never thought it was possible. I wanted it to be the choice of someone else that made the decision for her as her original death was undersved and she never got to experience anything of life as she was too sick to really do much at all. So I figured if later something happens to her that she gets killed in a fight and can't be fixed then well its over. But I don't know how this rp is going to go. If my char won't get into the fights and other things then I don't see her dieing at all. So she could be immortal then. I just didn't think thats an option. Most chars aren't immortal and could die by other means. But through this way she won't attract diseases, illnesses, dieing of age etc..

*** Example Two-Subset A:  What sort of disease actually affected her, and is there something biogically specific that was happening to her body to make her die? If we know what exactly was happening to her body... perhaps the rest of us could brainstorm a solution that keeps your character alive that doesn't require mind transference.

- Basicly her body is degenerating and no present technology can fix as one day all her internal organs are going to collapse and cease functioning at all. Her whole body is going to shut down. If you stop some of it by medical means she'd just end up brain dead if you can't stop all of it. She has a blood disease as well and a gentic problem. So its not something that can get fixed without re-doing her whole dna structure and litterly becoming someone completely different physically. So really I set it up that she had to be re-created period to survive. Cybernetics wouldn't just keep her alive forever unless she became a full machine.. (autmoation), or without being completely re-coded hence (the Catgirl expirement thing) Since I can't do a catgirl I am not wanting the gentic re-make UNLESS! There is another way as to be recreated into a little girl and due to the process she no longer ages...

*** Example Two-Subset B: If the disease attacks bone structure, or the marrow that produces blood cells, perhaps some scientists/engineers find a way to replace the affected sections of her bone structure with a coated metal alloy (something appropriate to that period), so the disease stops breaking down that skeletal area, or infected blood cells stop being generated.  Portions of your characters body (IE a legbone, or maybe an arm) may have metal bits grafted in and onto the body, making your movements a little less graceful. And replacing bonemarrow in the leg might stunt your growth, giving you a shorter, perhaps more childlike size (if thats an image you were gunning for).

- Its possible, but a lot more will need to be done than that. As this is more answered above. But I am willing to try something else... as long as I get something fun. If she can become a little girl instead of a young girl android then this could work.. Either way my char is still going to be rped through the point that she dies or towards the end where she would normally die..

(More incoming.)

Aikochan

(part 2 *fin*)
*** These are just examples, but I am using them as a means of helping you reconstruct your character from the ground up, from the inside out. Tell us the needs and core aspects that you want to express in your character, then we can steampimp your ride effectively.  I'd take it as a challenge.

*** However... if the idea of using steam punk/clockwork technology really makes you feel like your character concept is ruined beyond all repair, than perhaps that isn't a viable character concept for this story.  I'd be more than willing to help you come up with something else.  I can also assure you that there will be others on E who would gladly cyberpunk a group story with you if you chose to start another group. And making friends with them will be just as easy as with this group. Personally, I'd like you to stay, and add your flavor to what we've got.

*** Let me know what you think.   And be as descriptive as you can when letting us know what you want out of your character. Don't just write "I want her to never age, and I want her to be an automaton."  Say why. Explain what those qualities create in your character that adds to the story.

- Well the thing is.. I thought I was apart of this group, I wanted to do a story with everyone here cause I like them all and I sorta really can't do much of another group till I get approved, if I don't get approved then I don't.. but I mean I like this group of people and it will make me sad if I have to drop them. I just right now feel left out now... The other question I wanted to ask, didn't someone make magic in this? So why couldn't someone do magic and re-create my character into an automation? Or some other type of being or humaniod or something to that degree? What about making a clockwork Doll body? With a key in her back and that needs to be wind up every so often else she stops moving and such? Sure she would walk funny and stuff thats kewl with me. That was another idea I had.. But that still is humaniod looking though cause she wouldn't look metal. And umm.. She would still need her soul or mind transferred.. but that would be possible with magic, or some kind of device of some sort.... Also Why couldn't she be given a new body made of cybernetics since Clockwork said she is taking that out of cyberpunk for this.. So she could be a bit more like robocop so to say? But she gets stuck in a younger looking body cause maybe its easier and less exspensive to make it that way and now she is almost an automation??? These are all the new ideas I got... Plus I answered all your examples and such too.. So What else is there for me to get what I want or something simuliar to it?

WingedServant

I'm thinking, reading, and extrapolating,

But I do not think this is a lost cause.. Unfortunately my Message box is exploding today, so give me a bit of time to type at demon speeds.

Aikochan

*giggles* I understand! I am glad you think this is not a lost cause. I am sure sooner or later I will experience what you are right now *smiles*

WingedServant

Ok, this is going to be a rather long post, and I would encourage you to read it all in its entirety before you jump to conclusions.  I'm really good at this sort of thing. So trust me.

Step One:  Automaton = Self-operating machine. = 'Tick Tock' from Return to Oz, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' exhibit at Disney World.   
                  Automation = Operator-Assisted Mechanical device = 'ATM machine, remote controlled robot arm' = Not to be confused with automaton.
                  Cybernetics = High End Technology.

I feel that it is important to set the tone for understanding by setting out some clearly defined ground rules and expectations. So that everyone is on the same page. 
     Automatons can move and interact on their own without continual constant support or guidance from a creator or user.  'Tick Tock' from the Return to Oz movie is a great example, because all Dorothy had to do was wind him up every so often, and he could go and do as he pleased, within the confines of his own physical limitations.  If Dorothy wound him up and turned around, Tick Tock could just as easily run away, disappear, brain her over the head, dance the jig' if his body had made such things capable.  He had a wind up for thinking, and one for action. Which I thought was a nice touch on the author's part, because it allowed Tick Tock's 'brain' to operate independently from his body (which we all have experienced from time to time, allowing us to sympathize and empathize with tick tock, even though he's a brass soldier).
     Automation on the other hand, is NOT independent from a creator, and needs regular instruction or prompts from a user in order to operate. Like the animatronic puppets that muppeteers use. They are remote controlled, and very versatile. But if the operator isn't sitting at the controls, that puppet isn't going anywhere.  We want your character to be an Automaton, not an automation.  I feel its important to get that distinction across.
    It is also important to explain that Automatons already exist, and can exist without certain high end technology. This is where clockwork technology really shines. The beauty of a wind up watch is that it can technically run and operate without the user continually having to mess with it. You simply wind it up, and let it go for as long as the springs can hold tension.  Tick Tock was based on a similar theory.  Steam powered machines are another method of providing inertia. Steam boats don't need someone at the oar constantly like in a viking oar boat, or wind blasting at the sail constantly like a Spanish Galleon.  The steam is built up through the boiling of water and the force of the steam trying to find its way out causes the boat to move, under its own power long after the wind has died and all the row men have lost their oars.

I'm going to post this and add my next explanation following. I'm trying not to lose any of my explanation in the buffer.

Any portions highlighted in blue are copied directly from the wikipedia dictionary.

WingedServant

Step Two:  ClockWork mentioned adding in some cyberpunk technology as a way of explaining how peoples bodies could be able to fuse with machines without creating massive loopholes in the story.  But cybernetics, and 'cyborg' technology is extremely advanced, and you have to clearly delineate between 'high tech, low people' and 'future tech'. Cyberpunk shows instances where the technology may be advanced, but somehow the fusion still leaves an imperfect vessel, do to the low nature of society.

I think in this instance, it would be more feasible for the 'energy manipulation' factor of Clockwork's world to come into affect here.  It may be best if we put forth the premises that your character underwent a transformation, and her head, and an upper portion of her spine was able to be fused with an inorganic construct. The rest of your body was simply unrecoverable, and the only way to keep your identity intact was to keep your brain intact. Your spine was necessary to give something to fuse the control receptors to. A wielder of energy manipulation was able to bond you to the construct, but only by using a massive amount of energy to replace organic implements with hard, unforgiving, nonliving alternatives.  I see no need for cybertech to be involved, perhaps runes, glyphs or sigals were used upon the construct and upon the girls spine to act as links and anchors for the energy. It manifests as a sort of glowing stream that can be seen underneath the shell of the construct if someone were to look at her upper body and face very closely in the dark. The further ones gaze travels from her head and neck, the more inorganic she seems.  Of course with period appropriate attire, most people may never see or notice this. The construct could look wooden, like a marionette, with some metal bits here and there to provide Strength and support.  her fingers and nails and toes are carefully articulated and crafted and painted, even to being lacquered and finished with a faint varnish. But no heat pumps through her palms. It is a construct, and anyone bothering to look upon her with any amount of time invested should figure this out.

I feel it is even possible for your character, 'the doll' to be 'age defying'.. But i hesitate to say ageless.  I will explain this in my next post. Please continue reading.

Aikochan

Ok Umm first off when I say autmation I do mean automaton.. I am just not used to spelling it that way... However.. reading your second post so far. I do not like being made of wood.. Proclin would be fine if thats the way its going to be... However Remember I want the shell/construct to be a little girl. They could use her spine but only part of it as to fit the body. Her head would only be her brain and stem to the spine and can be fit inside a smaller form with slight modifications to make sure it all fit. Hence why her mind would be effected and memories etc. Its more for rp aspect. But so far I like the idea..

Aikochan

I got a 3 month hold, so if you guys want to take this a section I can't join then don't worry about me and have fun k? I want you all to be happy and have fun, and good luck. I will be around and if you want to keep this in the non-adult section then I can play and have fun with everyone. I am a bit bummed but.. Well if I gotta wait 3 months for something good then by all means i will wait 3 months for something good.

WingedServant

Step 3: Power Source
      Very few things in fiction are immortal just because.  It simply doesn't work. The only ones I can think of are gods, and the children of gods. 
Vampires cheat: They drink the blood and essence of mortals. In order for them to remain youthful and vibrant, something else has to die.
Werewolves cheat: See above description of Vampires.
Conner McCleod cheats: The Highlander ages normally like everyone else, it just takes longer. But he comes from a different world with different rules. When someone from that world comes to this world, he becomes young again, and he has to fight until only one of them is left. When he fights and takes that beings head, he gains their life force and energy, and remains living for a time. But once he is the only 'immortal' left on planet earth, he starts aging again.
Witches cheat: A lot of stories about witches who live a long time take their energy or youthfulness from children, stars (see Stardust), etc.
Take a look at several other books or genres..  Most creatures or beings that can not age, do so at a price, generally a terrible price. It's real, its solid, it makes sense.  To be 'ageless' in this game would be just imbalancing, and not fair to the other characters.  I think it would be fair to make you 'age defying' as the examples I listed above.  The girls head and spine are still intact, and I'm purposefully suggesting her whole head and not just her brain because that requires a level of cybermancy that I don't think can be justified.  I know that you wanted to write in her story that the disease is so devastating that it destroys everything. But there's a way around that too. She still carries the disease, current technology couldn't undo that anymore than they could transfer her consciousness. But through the means of energy manipulation and gestalting.. your creator uses vast amounts of energy to push back the disease, and in so doing stimulating the cells that regenerate. The human braincells do not regenerate, so your 'doll' would continually need energy to keep the disease from getting to her brain and shutting her down permanently. But as long as she has energy, she can move, she can regenerate the skincells and bloodcells through her upper neck, spine, and head. The Runes and glyphs allow her spine and brain to interact with her artificial form, but she needs energy to keep the runes intact. And someone who is proficient with energy manipulation has to give your doll regular check ups to make sure things work as they should, just like a 'doctor'.

I may not have a problem with porcelain, but your going to be rather fragile. And I know you want to be an ageless beauty, like a china doll, and I think we can get you amazingly close in the steampunk world. Let's face it, you'll have the youthful face of that girl for as long as you have energy.  The question is... where are you gonna get that energy.. and how far are you willing to go to get it?  Just like the examples above, you might just turn out as a sort of predator, draining resources at all costs to stay 'young'...

I need to discuss with Clockwork a little more about the energy manipulation thing to see how far we can go with this
but personally I like the concept better than adding 'computer-level' technology to something that we can create without it.
its all about the look and feel.

Aikochan

Quote from: WingedServant on June 24, 2011, 04:46:08 PM
Step 3: Power Source
      Very few things in fiction are immortal just because.  It simply doesn't work. The only ones I can think of are gods, and the children of gods. 
Vampires cheat: They drink the blood and essence of mortals. In order for them to remain youthful and vibrant, something else has to die.
Werewolves cheat: See above description of Vampires.
Conner McCleod cheats: The Highlander ages normally like everyone else, it just takes longer. But he comes from a different world with different rules. When someone from that world comes to this world, he becomes young again, and he has to fight until only one of them is left. When he fights and takes that beings head, he gains their life force and energy, and remains living for a time. But once he is the only 'immortal' left on planet earth, he starts aging again.
Witches cheat: A lot of stories about witches who live a long time take their energy or youthfulness from children, stars (see Stardust), etc.
Take a look at several other books or genres..  Most creatures or beings that can not age, do so at a price, generally a terrible price. It's real, its solid, it makes sense.  To be 'ageless' in this game would be just imbalancing, and not fair to the other characters.  I think it would be fair to make you 'age defying' as the examples I listed above.  The girls head and spine are still intact, and I'm purposefully suggesting her whole head and not just her brain because that requires a level of cybermancy that I don't think can be justified.  I know that you wanted to write in her story that the disease is so devastating that it destroys everything. But there's a way around that too. She still carries the disease, current technology couldn't undo that anymore than they could transfer her consciousness. But through the means of energy manipulation and gestalting.. your creator uses vast amounts of energy to push back the disease, and in so doing stimulating the cells that regenerate. The human braincells do not regenerate, so your 'doll' would continually need energy to keep the disease from getting to her brain and shutting her down permanently. But as long as she has energy, she can move, she can regenerate the skincells and bloodcells through her upper neck, spine, and head. The Runes and glyphs allow her spine and brain to interact with her artificial form, but she needs energy to keep the runes intact. And someone who is proficient with energy manipulation has to give your doll regular check ups to make sure things work as they should, just like a 'doctor'.

I may not have a problem with porcelain, but your going to be rather fragile. And I know you want to be an ageless beauty, like a china doll, and I think we can get you amazingly close in the steampunk world. Let's face it, you'll have the youthful face of that girl for as long as you have energy.  The question is... where are you gonna get that energy.. and how far are you willing to go to get it?  Just like the examples above, you might just turn out as a sort of predator, draining resources at all costs to stay 'young'...

I need to discuss with Clockwork a little more about the energy manipulation thing to see how far we can go with this
but personally I like the concept better than adding 'computer-level' technology to something that we can create without it.
its all about the look and feel.
I only brought up the immortal bit cause you mentioned it. Remember that was not something I considered at all.

And whatever it takes for me to get energy. I am sure the other chars have ways of doing it.. I am simple really.. LOL if I have to be a soul draining demon thing to get what I want so be it lol (I am just giving an example)

All I want is this.. let me make it simpler for you.

1. Sick dieing girl
2. Transformed into Little girl (Unknowingly)
3. Still have a cute pretty face.. Be it doll or whatever it be. lol
4. Hair on head.

I just don't want a wooden frame. Her body could be metalic. her face could be the only thing thats porcalin. I don't want to be that fragile unless someone will take care of her and keep her from getting broken.. Thats about it.

Does this make it easier to come up with ways to do something? Cause all this seems a bit excessive?

WingedServant

Aiko..

Taking human consciousness from an organic body and putting it into a non-organic form IS excessive. Our own 21st century technology can't do it. And most of the cybertech literature out there tends to gloss over the specifics of how it works in science fiction.
You've been seeing a lot of modern science fiction and modern fantasy that can lead to thinking that creating something like this should be like baking a cake.  But the fact is you're asking me to  create a an orbital moonlander, using 19th century technology.   And I feel I've done a fairly good job of that. 

And the fact is I'm still cheating, having to use 'energy manipulation' in place of 'magic' or in place of 'advanced technological research' which most modern books use so that it sounds more realistic than 'Because i say it works.'   And you're asking to be AGELESS. that's impossible. Even metal rusts, wood decays, stones erode, porcelain breaks.    I'm not suggesting you can't maintain a certain beauty a little longer.. but NOT forever. noone, and no thing can do that.  Baring the conceptual ideas of Gods, and demigods. Neither of which really applies to this world we are creating.

I think I've laid out an excellent way for you to get what you want without it being so amazingly absurd as 'just because i say so'. At the same time allowing your character to make sense, and blend in to this world.  Once again, I think if this doesn't fit your 'ideal' then perhaps this is not the story for that particular character at this time.

Aikochan

Thats not what I meant. What I was reffering to is the immportal part being a bit excessive. You did a great job and I appericate it. You actually made it possible now and I can't thank you enough. :) I don't want you to think wrongly here. I just want to get it done now..

What do I do from here? I can't post a picture. I can of the human girl form but not of the transformed since its under aged and really hard to find a pic of a doll like being thats really impossible. Also its a rule that I can't post anything that may look too young. I think the rule for that is the char has to look 18+ even if they say 16. But anyway.. Now what? How would she be able to get energy? is it more than sucking off a power cord equivilant of? I am wanting to move to the next step so I can write up the bio and we can move on and get this started.

Aikochan

Remember I am just trying to make this easier on everyone.. I am not trying to complicate things more.. I just posted what I wanted in simple terms this way it could be worked in easier. Gods I wish I had a way of talking to you faster but I can't for a minium of 3 months.