Any love for Sailor Moon anymore??

Started by EpikBliss, February 21, 2011, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpikBliss

I am consdiering starting a group Sailor Moon RP that has literally very little, and yet alot to the with the whole series. it's a plot and an origional character(s) that I have been working on since I was 13. I am now 23, so least to say I am anxious to get this story going now that I am back on Elliquiy.

So this thread is to check if there is any interest at all for a more adult oriented plot for the Sailor Moon cast and a few major extras???

Hit me up with a PM telling me your favorite scout, season (S, Super S, R, Stars ect) and why. :) Or just reply to the thread that works too lol. Hope to see home interest, if I do I will post the plot and get things going on the forum.
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

EpikBliss

O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Major Major

Hold your horses there, man, it's only been up for a few hours.

My favourites? Hmm.. Makoto and Setsuna.

EpikBliss

Setsuna is beautiful and devine. And the five origionals are always favorites of mine XD My all time favorite is Queen Serenity. :) Patience has never been my strong suit. lol
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Major Major

Funny thing, you know. Me and a buddy have ourselves a small 'fan-verse' which features Sailor Moon in a large role.

Sethala

Hm... it's been a long time since I watched any Sailor Moon.  Don't really remember much of it, to be honest, but I might be interested in something like this, depending on what will be involved.

Bloody Rose

EpikBliss

Wonderful! I'll get started on typing yp my idea right away. I am glad there is still some interest in Sailor Moon! I just re-watched the enitre series lol XD
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

ShadeOfGray

Back when I was 13 I ran a D&D/Sailor moon hybrid that was pretty much shamelessly just putting senshi vs. dragons and stuff...   Non-ero of course.

Began light-hearted,  but actually got pretty epic by the end.  With the Senshi traveling through time (w/ Pluto's assistance, of course) to topple a rogue sailor saturn, who had already killed them all in an alternate future..

I don't know where I was going with that.

I'm a bit suprised people are still finding out about Sailor moon nowadays, I mean It was an entry level drug back when I was that age (I still have my old VHS dub tapes recorded from USA network..somewhere....) and now it's almost 15 years later. 

I just made myself feel really old.

I'll do this so this wasn't completely rambling:

Senshi: Pluto (Trademark dark and mysterious, cool, beautiful) or Moon... well, she's just so damn cute and good-hearted. 

Series: In order of preference:

Stars (Best, most epic villain by far, got totally grimdark toward the end, general sweetness) >
S (Outers being Outers, awesome) >
R (Decent Villain cast, Black Lady) >
Original (Mostly meh...  Though I really really liked the episode with Nephrite's death and the Naru thing) >
Super S (... Silly enemies, no outers, what happened...)
Between young and old, Between was and be
Between dark and light, Between you and me
This pleasant shade of gray.. (O/O)
(Idea Thread)

Major Major

THe only thing is, Toei won't reissue it on DVD anymore, and since the original dub butchered the series so badly.....

pendarious

the origional dub was brutal butchery..I mean.......i was a fan of sailor moon when i was like 5.......it's been 14 years since.....of course i'm still a fan....I watched all the dubs as they came out........at the time i didn't realize how horribly wrong it was.....until i found the origional japanese versions with subs of course then i realized the utter crime comitted by the dubbers. none the less......I loved all of the seasons....well Stars was a little off kilter for me at the time because i wasn't as openminded then as I am now but never the less.

favorite scouts? Rei and Minako *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

EpikBliss

Working on the request thread now. It may take a day or two, theres alot to cover. I find it interesting that the gents so far still enjoy a good sailor moon fest. I adore the japanese series, but the english iswhat I grew up with. I am trying to do my best with the verse I've imagined for so long. :)
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Xenolord

Sailor Moon was my gateway anime, and it still holds a large chunk of my heart. If you're plannin' on doin' this, and you need another person, I'm not afraid to jump in.

As for my favorites, it's a toss-up between Makoto and Ami, with a slight edge to Makoto. As for series... I'm not sad to say I thought the original was the best, with R and Super S right behind.

LadyDiscord

Oh my god I love Sailor Moon. I actually watched the whole series a few months back and I'm 21. I use to watch it when I was little. Rini and Lita were my favorite and I love Sailor Moon S: Heart's in Ice.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Major Major

That actually brings up a good point; do we use the original names, or the dub names?

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Major Major

Particularly as some of the dubbed versions had radically different personalities to the original versions.

LadyDiscord

That's true. The question is what is everyone most familiar with?
✔✦✘

Major Major

I'm more familiar with the Japanese version, and especially the Manga version; though I like to mix and match the manga and the original anime to help make things make more sense.

pendarious

i'm equally familiar with both myself though i'd have to look up the names from time to time

LadyDiscord

I like both versions also, but I'm more familiar with the English version, names and personalities.
✔✦✘

Major Major

That'll be awkward then; The dub version of Sailor Mars, Raye, was a complete bitch (if you'll pardon my language) to Serena with an eye on her position. In the original Japanese version, Rei was one of Usagi's most loyal supporters, although she did enjoy snarking at her more bone-headed moments.

And let's not even get into the "They're Cousins" arguement about Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus....

pendarious

yeah......i agree with the major on that one and then of course there is always that whole confusing mess with chibiusa who in the origional japanese was clearly stated as Usagi's daughter from the beginning where as in the english dub she is introduced as her sister then they travel into the future do some stuff there and then when chibiusa comes back later she's suddenly usagi's daughter instead of sister......talk about wall banger moments in english dub history.

LadyDiscord

Wait. What? chibiusa a sister? I missed that part. Rei may have been a bit snooty, but we all know the real reason. She cares for Usagi or Serena and wants her to take things more seriously is all.
✔✦✘

pendarious

yeah she said she was sereena's little sister when they first introduced her.......of course this is in the english dub. the japanes version was clear from the get go that she was usagi's daughter.

Major Major

And then we have the whole thing with "Raye" trying to kick "Serena" out of the Senshi and take over in one episode, where originally Rei was just complaining that Usagi needed to learn responsibility.

There's a couple of  good examples on the TvTropes page for "Commander Contrarian" for Rei's Dub-Induced Dickishness.

pendarious

LadyDiscord

Well, I guess we'll see what will become of this eventually. Maybe we'll do a mix of the anime and manga. I never seen the live action series. I actually tried to sit down and watch it, but couldn't get in to it.

The thing that I always wondered about anime is how the characters look caucasian though they're asian. OMG that rhymed!
✔✦✘

Major Major

I know this one, actually.

There's a throwaway line somewhere that said that the moment they transformed to their Senshi forms for the first time, their human DNA was overwritten by their previous selves' Moon Kingdom DNA, making them Lunarians rather than humans.

pendarious

well anime in general suffers from this antic though. MOST anime characters will look caucasian. There are occasionally characters who look truely asian but those are typically used as overly stereotypical characters. on top of that caucasian characters who are actually caucasian are nearly ghostly pale skinned with a very light shade of blonde or silver hair.

Xenolord

I think we're all in agreence when we say it's better for the Japanese names. Less... mind-rapy.

LadyDiscord

Oh...so they become Lunarians. That explains the wigs. I'm going to look it up.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Better have some Advil handy; a lot of the background fluff is so nonsensical it'll give you a headache.

LadyDiscord

Oh my god!! Too late! No more live action!!!
✔✦✘

Major Major

Wait until you read about the fall of the Moon Kingdom.

pendarious

*laughs* I've seen the anime and the live action.....never read the manga though.

that was nutty as hell...

Major Major

Here's the big sticking point for most people.

The anime said that the Moon Kingdom fell 10,000 years ago, right?

How long ago does the manga say?

4.5 billion years, and evolution had to restart to boot.

pendarious

yeah it's such a strange thing to think about really.

LadyDiscord

Oh my goodness. Billions!? Why bother going back that far??

I just got done reading almost everything! My head hurts..

Would it be to much to ask if we could tweak the Sailor Moon Universe to our own benefit.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Not a problem for me; I do that anyway.

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

Major Major

So, what tweaking did you have in mind?

LadyDiscord

Well basically whatever we are uncomfortable we'll toss out and replace it with something better. That kind of tweaking.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Fair enough. In that case, might I suggest tossing out that crap about Haruka and Michiru being cousins?

LadyDiscord

Omg , that was most confusing situation in Sailor Moon to me. They're how old at the start of the series? 15? However they seem so much more mature and they're lovers too?
✔✦✘

Major Major

Yep. Haruka and Michiru are soulmates; I think that they're maybe about a year older than the Inner Senshi, at most.

LadyDiscord

Oh, well then that solves it. I wouldn't mind playing an older version of chibiusa.
✔✦✘

pendarious

of course the one thing i don't like about sailor moon is all the time travel that's involved

TheMuseErato

Oh...SNAP and a half! I would love to jump in on this if there is still time and opportunity! I remember coming up with my own Sailor Sun, (There are a bajillion versions of this senshi that so should have made it into the series.) and I am familiar with the entire series. I can still give the english translations to the senshi's Japanese names, remember all of their attacks and such because it was the first anime that I came across.
If possible, I'd seriously love to play my sun character, though I can just as easily play Setsuna/Pluto or Rei/Mars since personality wise they're more comfortable for me to play. I might even be persuaded to do Michiru/Neptune.
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

TheMuseErato

I've read the entire manga series, seen the anime, including the movies, and part of the live action series AND some of the musical production that I believe is still shown in parts of Tokyo. Yes, it's now a musical XD!!
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

Xenolord

Well, if we all have an understanding about the "Toss Out and Try Again" tweaking, and if we're already calling characters...

I would like to call Ibs on Makoto.

Major Major

So... What's happeneing on this thing then?

white

I used to watch it weekly when I was still on elementary school, but I already forgot the main story for it...
For further info click at below :

Male

Female

My ons and offs

Vergil1989

It's late here but I just thought I'd throw my hat in as well.  I am unfamiliar with most of the newer Sailor Moon stuff since I missed more episodes than I was able to watch, but if you'll have me I'll try to catch up with whatever I need to know and all.  Where is this going or do you not know that yet?
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

I'm hoping this hasn't bit the dust.  Started watching Sailor Moon again on Anime Freak just for this and it feels like I'm losing brain cells considering the cheesy moments lol.  Other than that though love the show and will continue to watch even if this doesn't pick up here soon.

Sailor Moon Opening (English)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

pendarious

TheMuseErato

I do love the Japanese theme far better than the english. About the only two songs from the english version of the series that I liked were, 'My Only Love' and 'Power of Love'.

Major Major

Perhaps we should work out the background details first, here and now, before we get into the game, yes?

Vergil1989

It works for me although I don't know how much help I'll be unfortunately.  I know very little about the show despite watching it on Anime Freak of late and all.

Major Major

In that case, may I vote that: [1] We use the Japanese names for the characters, and [2], we use the anime's date of 10,000 years ago, so the Moon Kingdom's fall.

TheMuseErato

Has anyone heard from the original creator of this thread? I'm totally game for setting up plot and such but I just don't want the OP to come back and we've gone in a different direction than he/she wanted.
But yes, I agree that we use Japanese names for characters and that we use the anime date so that the moon kingdom has already fallen.

Vergil1989

When Queen Beryl first unleashed the power of the Negaforce?  Sounds good to me, and I guess we could use the Japanese names although again not enough knowledge to go on on my part.  Still, thank god for Wiki!  Lol.

Major Major

I just noticed that I typoed up there; I wrote so when I meant for.

and also, what about the question of Original Characters?

Vergil1989

I have to agree with Muse on this one, and so I propose we start our own just to be sure we don't step on any toes myself.  Still, OC sounds good to me.

TheMuseErato

I'd be game for original characters so long as they..made sense for lack of a better way to put it. It'd give me an opportunity to dust off my Sun character, though I also don't mind doubling up on characters either.
And I was thinking maybe in terms of when to start this roleplay, we could do it after the Stars series ended? Giving us a clean slate to work with and all?

Major Major

Heh; oddly enough I'm reminded of my crossover fanverse that me and a buddy created a few years ago; it crossed over Sailor Moon with a few other series.

Vergil1989

Really?  I did that for a Myspcae Blog thing I had going for the longest time, except there wasn't really any particular rules or anything at the time lol.  Almost anything went so long as it didn't get too extreme and all since it was Myspace lol.  Everything from Stargate to Bleach somehow found a place there to a lot of original stuff as well.  Anyway, as I said before, I'd recommend starting our own thread just in case the OP does come back, but it's your call Major Major.

TheMuseErato

Which series? And yes, I think we should start our own thread. Who would be GMing? I wouldn't mind GMing as long as there is another to help keep things fresh and flowing.

Vergil1989

I'd offer but I don't know enough to truly be helpful, although on the other hand that would give me an edge since I'd be forced to think of Original stuff and all.  If you'd have me Muse I'd be glad to give a hand where I can, unless Major Major prefers to do so of course lol.

Major Major

Thanks Muse. I'll offer any help I can; it helps I know someone on another site who is a huge Sailor Moon fan.

I believe the questions that must be answered before we can start are: [1] What is the objective to lead towards, and/or enemies the girls would face? [2] What rating to put this under? and [3] Which, if any, series might be crossed over with it?

Vergil1989

The first depends mostly on what you want the enemies to be after.  Simple world domination to harvest humanity and use them as slaves seems too cliched, as does just simply destroying Earth, but it seems to work for Sailor Moon lol.  As for enemies, that will depend upon the rating, but I'd recommend Extreme myself only cause that way we are not limited in any way.  As for the series, I know a little about the Dream Mirrors and Heart Crystals, as well as the Gem things that contained uber powerful creatures if memory serves, but beyond that I am of little help here, so that will have to be up to you two.

TheMuseErato

Hmm...I think for now we'd better steer clear of crossing over given that some of those who have expressed an interest are not familiar with the series we plan to roleplay from. And throwing in other series may offer additional confusion and snag the plotline. Once we've established a plotline that is.
The objective would of course borrow from the series usual formula of insert baddie/villians/nemesis here and the girls of course must struggle to defeat afformentioned baddie/villians/nemesis and protect the universe. At least as a base, of course I personally would like to see villians that are more challenging thus warrenting the arrival of any new characters and such to assist the girls.
As for rating? Um...rated E for Epic? Okay okay, in all seriousness, this is an adult roleplay site so give it a mature rating so that anyone stumbling upon our game won't go shrieking should they see a couple of characters snog or whatever. I mean, it's Sailor Moon, there wasn't much in the way of sex, but there were some romantic moments unless you count that part in the manga where Mamoru asked Usagi to spend the night.

Xenolord

If you guys wanna get away from the MOTD theme of the series, I could create a hell of villain to be the biggest pain in the ass you've ever seen.

Just an idea.

Vergil1989

That's what they all say XenoLord lol.  Joking aside, I agree wholeheartedly with you Muse.

TheMuseErato

Ooou, Xeno, would you PM me with your ideas? I think I'm storyteller of this roleplay and would love to hear your ideas. Good villians are hard to come by.

Xenolord

Quote from: Vergil1989 on February 28, 2011, 12:07:09 AM
That's what they all say Xenolord lol.

What the difference being, is I usually mean it. >.>

But anyways....I agree with what's put here.

Vergil1989

Indeed, they are hard to come by and if you can truly pull this off I'll be impressed.  Go for it I say Xeno.  Anyway, are we starting our own thread or what guys?  Just curious lol.

pendarious

on the other hand using crossed over characters early on could give people not familiar with sailor moon a chance to play as a character they know and learn the sailor moon univers aong with their character *shrugs*

TheMuseErato

I'd really just prefer to stick with Sailor Moon for now.

Xenolord

Erato and I are talkin' about some stuff, but I have to agree, I'd like to stick to only Sailor Moon, and OC's in that universe. Makes stuff simpler.

Vergil1989

Coolness, looking forward to it and I think sticking with Sailor Moon only would be wise as well.

Major Major

pendarious

*shrugs* i don't care either way i was just saying and all that what not.

Vergil1989

Well, I'm off to bed for the night so PM me any important stuff if you would Muse or you Major, either way works for me lol.  Adios!

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

Major Major

Well, as I  suggested to Muse, the only thing I could come up with were versions of the Senshi from a 'Crime Syndicate of Amerika' world

Laughing Hyena

Hmm... this looks very interesting. *Looms head up from the rug all creepy like*

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

Vergil1989

Hmm, I'm sure we can think of something.  I can take a guess here and instead of the usual energy harvest from emotions like love, hate, and all that, we'll probably end up going for sexual energy in some form or another lol.  This is E after all.

Laughing Hyena

*leg twitches like a dog* So umm what slots have been taken? Do any Yozis and monsters of the week exist yet?

Xenolord

We're still not 100% sure what's happening. The OP of the thread hasn't responded in a couple days... a few of us are talkin' about branchin' off and startin' a new thread. TheMuseErato and I have been talking about some stuff, mainly villain stuff. We may not go the MOTD route, and stick to a typical, normal villain who's always there, just to make things interesting.

Nothing concrete at the moment, and I don't want to spoil anything, but Erato and I might have something that vaguely resembles a plot pretty well worked out within the next day or so. No promises, though.

Vergil1989

I'm sure we can figure something out on top of whatever you got going XenoLord.  That's the beauty of doing an RP and you're willing to adapt lol.  Anyway, I'm sure whatever you got with Muse will work just fine.

Xenolord

Hey, I'm flexible. Whatever you got, throw it out.

Vergil1989

I don't have anything on hand but as soon as I get anything I'll be sure to share.  I'm in the middle of the Seven Rainbow Crystal Arc at the moment and so far it's been good.  Serena isn't being such a ditz anymore so that helps lol.  Her whining spells were getting on my nerves to tell the truth, but anyway I'll stop complaining lol.