Champions Interest Check (all OC Superheroes campaign)

Started by Empyrean, October 19, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Hello.

I've recently been reading up on the HERO system and it's superhero game, Champions. I was wondering if anyone else might have an interest in playing and GMing. The only idea I'd had so far was that the PCs would be the first superhumans emerging in the modern day, so they'd have license to establish themselves as heroes, villains, or whatever they wanted without generations of expected super behavior behind them. Sound interesting?

Yukina

Empyrean

So would I! :) I don't understand the system well enough to say that I'd be a good GM though.

Yukina

Same here. I'm better at playing this game than GMing it.

Empyrean

What level of power would players consider appropriate? I was thinking either Standard (400 point) characters or possibly somewhat higher, depending on what people were comfortable with.

Jefepato

I've got Champions Complete sitting around and haven't done much with it, so I could be interested.

Standard power level is probably good if no one has a better idea.

Yukina

Empyrean

Standard then.

Jefepato: Would you be interested in GMing? I could try if no one else is interested, but this is my first time with the system.

Jefepato

I'm sorry, I don't have much experience either.  I don't really feel comfortable GMing without a better handle on the system, and this one is pretty complex.

Empyrean

Hm. Okay then. Well, if we don't get anyone else interested in GMing I can try then.

Eobelle

saying "Hero is complex" is like saying "there may have been a few people killed during the Great War".  ;D

Another issue is that someone with a very high level of competence with the system can make a character WAAAAAAY more powerful than someone who is new and takes everything at face value.  It also tends to favor one trick ponies over well thought out characters.

that being said, it is a good system.  Dunno if I would want to play in one, really don't want to gm one... but my interest is piqued.

Empyrean

In your experience, what are the best ways to avoid these problems?

apygoos

would this mean to imply then that nothing really exist then in terms of things like PRIMUS, UNTIL, etc? Champions thrives on the idea that there have been heroes for quite some time. would this be champions universe based? or the full on system?

Empyrean

The idea I had was that the PCs would be the first generation of supers, and thus things like UNTIL and PRIMUS would come about because of their actions. I'd be willing to change it to the full Champions Universe if that's what the players wanted.

Yukina

I like your idea of the first generation, Empyrean. It'd be cool to have our action lead to future events. :)

Empyrean

:)

As far as the reason why they're appearing now, I was thinking that the organization known as DEMON exists here, as does the Trismegistus Council. In late 2012 DEMON attempted a ritual designed in conjunction with the end of the Mayan calendar to grant them superhuman powers. The Council interfered and barely managed to stop the ritual, but it increased the amount of magic in the world tremendously. And, like in the Champions Universe, increased amounts of magic enabled things like comics-style mutation and super mages to become more prevalent and active. The first generation supers would be emerging just now, a little under a year after the failed ritual.

Also, the other idea is that the PC don't have to be heroes. They're men and women who've been granted a great deal of power very suddenly so they can do just about anything. Hero, villain, something else. Just with the idea that their actions will help shape the world going forth, for good or ill.

Yukina

I love the second option where they aren't all heroes. It'd be fun to watch them use their powers for what they thought was right.

MasterMischief

I have run Hero 4th & 5th extensively for years.  I have not played 6th, but I have most of the books.  I have been toying with a super hero campaign which I was originally planning to do in Mutants & Masterminds, but I think Hero would work equally well.  It would be a little unorthodox though.

The characters would start as normal high school students in a small Texas town.  Then there would be a shared origin event where they would gain powers.

I would want to really focus on the character's lives and how they interact with the people around them and struggle with these new found powers and much less on combat.  I would want the characters to hide their new abilities.  I do not want to be heavy handed and say everyone has to have this reason to hide their abilities, but I would provide one for those who do not want to come up with their own.  The reason I want the players to keep their abilities hidden is to keep the campaign from turning into 'look I have superpowers and now I am taking over the world!'

Something else I wanted to try with this campaign is that the players get free reign to make their 'normal' high school character, but I choose the powers they gain after the event.  This may be challenging for some, but it will allow me to ensure the characters are better balanced.

So if you are interested in this, I would throw my hat in for GMing.

Yukina

Empyrean

The ideas sound good. :)

My only hesitation is about the part where you choose our powers for us. Other than that, it sounds interesting.

Empyrean

MasterMischief

I have thought more about my proposal and I would rather run it in M&M.  I am sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.  Champions/Hero is a great system.  I am just not sure it is for me anymore.

Empyrean

Okay. Well thanks for your interest. It looks like we'll have to either find another GM or I'll do it, regardless of my lack of experience with the system.

Jefepato

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 26, 2013, 02:45:24 PM
I have thought more about my proposal and I would rather run it in M&M.  I am sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.  Champions/Hero is a great system.  I am just not sure it is for me anymore.
I'm a bit tired but, let me know if you have plans.  I like M&M as well.

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in jumping on board though ill be a champions rookie.

Empyrean

Well, at least we'll all be rookies together. :)

apygoos

I play Champions Online [which is your cannon 6th edition Champions]
I have extensive knowledge of the lore, but the HERO system itself I'm not too familiar with, so id be going in blind too.

Empyrean

Then I'll have a character sheet up in the next couple of days and we can get this show on the road! More members are still welcome, of course. :)

Callie Del Noire

I wouldn't mind hopping in on a M&M take on it.  I have those books. I never got champions at all

Empyrean

Alright, so here's what's I'm thinking for the timeline of the game's world.

The world in general is like the modern world as we know it. There haven't been costumed superheroes active and superhumans in general are unknown. However, there is magic. Most people and governments don't know it but some magicians have existed hidden amongst society. Three organizations: the malevolent Circle of the Scarlet Moon, DEMON, as well as the benevolent Trismegistus Council have been active within the past couple of centuries, though their clashes and triumphs have largely occured without the world knowing of them.

Februrary 1, 2012: A strange transmission breaks across all terrestrial and satelite television, radio, and the internet. It depicts the world on March 1 of that year. It's a world conquered by alien (quiphothic) creatures. A world where Luther Black, founder of DEMON, has suceeded in releasing the alien Kings of Edom and becoming one of them. Humanity is overwhelmed. A frantic man appears in the broadcast and reveals what has happened and pleads for the world to stop Black before this future comes to pass. Then the transmission abruptly cuts out. The world at large dismisses this as an elaborate hoax or the work of some demented hacker. The Trismegistus Council, a society of benevolent mages, took the message seriously and spent the next month hammering DEMON hard across the world and dragging them into the public spotlight.

February 29, 2012: Luther Black attempts his ritual to summon the Kings of Edom and become one of them in Mexico City. The Trismegistus Council and the Mexican military interrupt him. An enormous battle takes place, and in the end, Luther Black's ritual fails. The centuries-old sorcerer is last seen being dragged away screaming as his failed summoning drags him into the prison-dimension of the Kings of Edom. The rift closes with an explosion visible for miles. A large swath of Trismegistus Council members, DEMON members, and Mexican troops are killed in the explosion. The world is unaware of the fact that the levels of magic have drastically and sudden risen in the world.

December 21, 2012: What's left of DEMON attempts to harness the magic of the end of the Mayan calendar. The surviving Council members and agents stop them, though half die in the process. The levels of magic increase even further.

March 1, 2013: The first superhumans begin to realize they have powers.

November 2013: Present-day.

So that's the idea. Your characters, whether mutants whose powers were activated by the rising tide of magic, or super-mages, or what have you, have just begun discovering their abilities within the past year and now it's up to them to decide what having power means and what they'll do with their new abilities in a changing world.

Character sheets are of standard Superheroic build (400 points). The sheet can be found here for reference: https://www.herogames.com/get/Hero%20System%206th%20Edition%20Character%20Sheet.pdf

Again, thank you for your interest and please post suggestions you have. I want to make this fun for all.

Yukina

Good thing I have a character creator to make this easier. :)

apygoos

*wishes we could just use Champions Online, because he has no idea where to start with that sheet*

Empyrean

How is Champions Online different?

apygoos

>.>.
theres no character sheets like this..you build your own character, gaining powers and whatnot till level 40 [max].
I also have a roster full of heroes on there in RP groups and circles and everything lol >.< im just unfamiliar with the actual hero system, though i know tons of lore. like what you described with Luther Black is an in-game adventure pack [well 2 in some ways] Demonflame and Aftershock

Empyrean

Please PM me the details. I'd like to know more. It might make it easier for online play.

MasterMischief

If that does not work out, Empyrean, I will volunteer my services to help people create characters.

Empyrean

Thank you. I appreciate that. :)

Latooni Subota

Tentatively interested, pending a GM showing up. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Empyrean

I'm willing to be the GM for the game, since it was my idea. :)

Yukina

Could you post link to a PDF for the rules?

apygoos

finding 6th edition champions...
okay this link iwll look shady as fuck
http://dickseverywhere.net/hero/6th/DOJHERO%201100%20-%20Champions%3B%20Champions%206e.pdf
but this is Champions  Universe, from what i understand, everything you need to know. i just never learned about stats and whatnot. i just know the lore.

Yukina

Sadly, I will have to drop out. I am able to export my sheet properly to work in this.

Empyrean

Would it be easier for you Yugi if we dropped the point system and focused more on a freeform character creation method?

MasterMischief

What character creation software are you using, Yugishogun?

apygoos

i wouldn't be objectional to a freeform system, but if you were to stick with the system i could try and learn it, either way, at least one of my champions roster is coming over here.

Muse

Oh, wow!  A Champions game!  Am I too late? 

I own the last three editions.  I've not really played it, certainly not in the last 15 years, but I used it for character models for a novel I once wrote. 

I'd love to play, especially a super mage.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

apygoos

out of my roster:
Mid-Knight: a nightwing inspired vigilante, the boy billionaire has no powers, bostaff martial arts/gadgeteer are his ways of going about.
Jaguar: quintessential Speedster
Nevermore: super intelligent power armor user
Sphinx: a lion manimal from Monster Island who can show you single handedly why Dr. Moreau doesnt bother trying to make Lion manimals anymore

those are the ones i think are most developed and best for this setting.

Empyrean

Muse: Feel free to play! A supermage sounds great! :)

Apygoos: Mid-Knight, Jaguar, and Nevermore sound good. Just keep in mind that if you go with Nevermore, he'd very possibly be the first powered-armor user in the setting. I'm not sure Sphinx would fit since Monster Island doesn't exist here.

apygoos

the fact that it would be the first wouldn't help his ego at all. his current character makes him self proclaimed best at all things tech and medical, very Tony Stark in Nature. ill have to see what others come up with before i decide on what to go with.

also you do realize the Empyreans are a race in Champions arent you? :P a race of almost god-like beings that have kept to themselves. [a good concept for any supermanish/thorish characters]

Yukina

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 31, 2013, 03:02:13 PM
What character creation software are you using, Yugishogun?

Hero System

Empyrean

Yugi: Would you be able to play if we switched to a more freeform style of character creation?

Yukina

I'd be alright with that. Would you like to know my character idea?

Empyrean

Yukina

A meek girl who can grow up to eight meters tall and project energy (basically a human kaiju). Though when she grows, her clothes obviously are ripped to shreds.

apygoos

she needs hulk-like sports bra and bikeshorts!
might i  suggest that you note in the title that its a [all oc] super hero RPG? some may not have an even remote idea of what champions is.

Muse

I'd really prefer to use the game system, but I'd be happy to do the numbers on someone's concept for them.  :) 

If I have the points, is it okay to have a mage who also has found his physicality heightened? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

apygoos

while im not a fan of systems, on that regard, me personally, i wouldn't mind it, mages should be strong in both body and mind.

Empyrean

Yukina

Yukina

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name: Kaijuda
Alternate Identities: Miyoko Suzumiya
Player Name: Yugishogun

CHARACTERISTICS
Val   Char   Base   Points   Total   Roll   Notes
10   STR   10   0   10/60   11- / 21-   HTH Damage 2d6/12d6 END [1/6]
10   DEX   10   0   10   11-   OCV 3 DCV 3
10   CON   10   0   10   11-   
10   BODY   10   0   10/20   11- / 13-   
15   INT   10   5   15   12-   PER Roll 12-
10   EGO   10   0   10   11-   ECV: 3
10   PRE   10   0   10   11-   PRE Attack: 2d6
20   COM   10   5   20   13-   
2   PD   2   0   2      2 PD (0 rPD)
2   ED   2   0   2      2 ED (0 rED)
4   SPD   2.0   20   4      Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
4   REC   4   0   4      
40   END   20   10   40      
20   STUN   20   0   20/30      
6"   Running   6   0   6"      
2"   Swimming   2   0   2"      
2"   Leaping   2   0   2"/12"   40   Total Characteristics Points
CHARACTER IMAGE
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned:   0
Spent:   0
Unspent:   0
Base Points:   200
Disad Points:   20
Total Points:   193
MOVEMENT
Type   Total
Run (6)   6" [12" NC]
Swim (2)   2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2")   2"/12"
V. Leap (1")   1"/6"

DEFENSES
Type   Amount
Physical Defense    2
Res. Phys. Defense   0
Energy Defense   2
Res. Energy Defense   0
Mental Defense   0
Power Defense   0

COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV:   3   DCV:   3

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver   Phase   OCV   DCV   Effect
Block   1/2   +0   +0   Block, abort
Brace   0   +2   1/2   +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm   1/2   -2   +0   Can disarm
Dodge   1/2   --   +3   Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab   1/2   -1   -2   Grab two limbs
Grab By   1/2   -3   -4   Move and Grab
Haymaker   1/2*   +0   -5   +4 DC attack damage
Move By   1/2   -2   -2   STR/2 + v/5
Move Through   1/2   -v/5   -3   STR + v/3
Set   1   +1   +0   Ranged Attacks only
Strike   1/2   +0   +0   STR or weapon
Basic Strike   1/2   +1   +0   4d6 / 14d6 Strike
Defensive Block   1/2   +1   +3   Block, Abort
Offensive Strike   1/2   -2   +1   6d6 / 16d6 Strike
Grappling Block   1/2   +1   +1   Grab One Limb, Block
Grappling Throw   1/2   +0   +2   4d6 / 14d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab
Joint Break   1/2   -1   -2   Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable
Shove   1/2   +0   +0   25 STR / 75 STR to Shove
Takeaway   1/2   +0   +0   Grab Weapon, 20 STR / 70 STR to take weapon away

COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range   0-4   5-8   9-16   17-32   33-64   65-128
RMOD   0   -2   -4   -6   -8   -10
Targeting shot   OCV   Hit Location
Head shot (Head to Shoulders)   -4   1d6+3
High shot (Head to Vitals)   -2   2d6+1
Body shot (Hands to Legs)   -1   2d6+4
Low shot (Shoulders to Feet)   -2   2d6+7
Leg shot (Vitals to Feet)   -4   1d6+12

SKILLS
Cost    Name
6   CuK: Japanese 15-
3   Language: Japanese (completely fluent)
5   Analyze: Combat 13-
14   Total Skills Cost
TALENTS
Cost    Name
9   Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)
9   Total Talents Cost

POWERS
Cost    Power   END
50   Henshin!: Growth (+50 STR, +10 BODY, +10 STUN, -10" KB, 102,400 kg, -6 DCV, +6 PER Rolls to perceive character, 16 m tall, 8 m wide)   5
15   Kyun Kyun Laser: Energy Blast 3d6   1
30   Kyun Kyun Impact: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 5d6 (5 1/2d6 / 9d6 w/STR) (75 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2)   28
95   Total Powers Cost

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost    Maneuver
3   Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 4d6 / 14d6 Strike
5   Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
5   Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 / 16d6 Strike
5   Grappling Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block
3   Grappling Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 4d6 / 14d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab
5   Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable
4   Shove: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 25 STR / 75 STR to Shove
5   Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 20 STR / 70 STR to take weapon away
35   Total Martial Arts Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost    Disadvantage
20   Normal Characteristic Maxima
20   Total Disadvantages Cost

I was able to transfer my sheet! :)

apygoos

Yukina

Shall I explain the characteristics to you, Apygoos?

apygoos

you need to start from the top because as it stands right now, my eyes go completly crosseyed just looking at it and trying to figure it out blindly. like i said im waiting to see what else comes about too to determine which character i put in.

Yukina

I will start with that as well then.

Name: Your superhero name
Alternate Identities: Your character's name and any other alias s/he has
Player Name: Your name
Val: Base stat
Char: which characteristic it is
Base: Average stat
Points: How many points you had spent to raise the Base to Val
Total: Same as Val, but includes modifiers (such as my character's growth power)
Roll: What you have to roll UNDER to succeed in using it
Notes: Details that apply to a characteristic.

I will explain the characteristics in half an hour.

Muse

Oh, Empyrean. Did we wind up going with 200 point characters or 400?

Yukina

Now for characteristics

Strength: Your power to lift and use physical attacks.
Dex: Basically how dexterous and good with a ranged weapon you are
Con: How well you take hits
Body: Your secondary hit points. If this goes to 0, you are dead
Int: How smart you are
Ego: How good you are against mental attacks
Pre: How good you with talking and conversing
Com: Your physical attractiveness
PD: Your defensive against physical attacks
Ed: Same as PD, but for energy attacks
Rec: How much End you recover per round with a rest action
End: You spend this to use powers. Think of it as a battery for your powers
Stun: What people would mainly think of as hit points. If you have 0 stun, you go unconscious. Then the attacks go against Body

Running, Leaping, and swimming are self-explanatory.

Muse

Thanks. 

Yugi, you might say something about the scale of the attributes, what the numbers represent.  Does a typical modern human have 10 strength?

Yukina

Quote from: Muse on November 01, 2013, 01:10:40 PM
  Thanks. 

Yugi, you might say something about the scale of the attributes, what the numbers represent.  Does a typical modern human have 10 strength?

*nods* The base stats represent an average human. Obvious, a human who has worked out a lot easily has more strength than the average human.

Muse

Oh.  ^_^;;  I see thta in this editon none of the characteristics are derived any more. 

Emperyan, what sort of erotic content--if any--do you want from this game? 

Muse

If I can help anyone stat their concepts, send me a PM or a Skype. 

apygoos

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 01, 2013, 12:41:39 PM
Now for characteristics

Strength: Your power to lift and use physical attacks.
Dex: Basically how dexterous and good with a ranged weapon you are
Con: How well you take hits
Body: Your secondary hit points. If this goes to 0, you are dead
Int: How smart you are
Ego: How good you are against mental attacks
Pre: How good you with talking and conversing
Com: Your physical attractiveness
PD: Your defensive against physical attacks
Ed: Same as PD, but for energy attacks
Rec: How much End you recover per round with a rest action
End: You spend this to use powers. Think of it as a battery for your powers
Stun: What people would mainly think of as hit points. If you have 0 stun, you go unconscious. Then the attacks go against Body

Running, Leaping, and swimming are self-explanatory.
yes but what is the base stats? do those base stats come out of those 400 points? what are the scales for stat values and whatnot?

Empyrean

Muse: I actually hadn't considered the erotic content. It would depend on what the players were comfortable with. I figured the game would be more about what these new supers are doing and how they're defining themselves as the first generation of supers than about lots of sex.

Yukina

Quote from: apygoos on November 01, 2013, 02:25:33 PM
yes but what is the base stats? do those base stats come out of those 400 points? what are the scales for stat values and whatnot?

The starting stats is the Base value. The starting stats are not included in the points as they are average. Boosting the stats past the Base dies cost points though. As for scaling of point costs, I will look that up today.

Muse

In the case of everything down to Comeliness--assuming that still exists, I can't find it, just a pressence modifier--the average is 10. 

Apygoos, you want to do a girl who has growth and energy blast powers?  I can build that for you if you like.   

apygoos

no no, thats not my concept, thats yugi's iirc

mine were either Mid-Knight - a Nightwing inspired vigilante, martial arts/bostaff-eskirma/gadgetering with the smarts to back it all up, no powers
Jaguar: your quintessential speedster
or Nevermore: a power armor user who is highly egotistical about his tech, claiming it the best around, perpetually wanting to upgrade and perfect it. with the setting given, Emp claims it would be the first power armor the world has seen, so perhaps the magical influx gave him super intelligence. and of course, power armors have all kinds of energy blast and toys built in.

Muse

They all sound pretty cool, but the second two would probably fit the game themes more. 

I like the concept of Nevermore almost as much as I like his code name.  Is his armor raven black? 

And superhuman intelligence is exactly how i envisioned what you described.  :)

Are these guys?  I couldn't find a gender pronoun in there.  ^_^ 

apygoos

theyre all men..could be women though *digs for a screenshot of Nevermore from CO* His armor is jet black with green accents

apygoos

Nevermore on patrol in the skies!

a Purple Gang member eating some concussor beams

Jaguar on the prowl

dishing out some superspeed punches to the undead fallen hero Amazing Grace, brought back by the evil Archlich Takofanes

Mid-Knight going one on one with the Fallen hero Tiger

Swinging over the rooftops of Vibora Bay

so there ya have it, some visuals on my heroes, hehe. i could go in game and get more profile like pictures later.

Empyrean

apygoos

i think the other hero game took attention away from here >.<

Yukina

apygoos

i hope not either, muse has generously been helping me construct a character sheet.

Muse

*WaveS*  It's been a pleasure.  Sorry I'm taking so long. 

I wonder... 

I have a question about multipowers...  But i'm not sure how to phrase it right now since I'm past due for 8 hours of oblivion. 

Yukina

Well when you can phrase it, I'll be here to answer it.

Marie Reynolds

Ill be getting help from Muse to put my character together so once Muse has regained consciousness ill have something together.

Muse

Working on my girl now.  Her superheroine name will be Arcana.  Her mother is the daughter of Nicholas Flamell, and she's apprenticed to her uncle. 

Her uncle was mortally wounded in the fighting on December 25th, but he managed to hang on long enough to teleport to Arcana and give her the keys to his sanctum sanctorum, his seal of Solomon ring, and his last drought of the Elixer of Life. 

The elixer of life not only prolonged her life and youth a great deal, it also perfected her physicality, making a petite college co-ed strong enough to lift a normal sized guy in each hand! 

Muse

Muse

And....   

I have 16 points left with Arcana.  Any suggestions?  Are her powers reasonable for this level? 

Empyrean

She looks good so far. Maybe give her a flight spell with the remaining points?

Muse

*smiles*  fun thought, but flying's not my style.  She can teleport though! 

I was actually thinking of a feather falling or gliding ability though! 

Empyrean

Muse

Yukina

My sheet is done, unless you see anywhere I should improve.

Muse

I see where you posted a 200 point character?  Also, I wonder if its' the right edition since 6th doesn't have comeliness? 

Yukina

apygoos

Empyrean

Yukina

Tagan

Ah... Supers game, Champions, and Muse?

Consider me interested.

I'll go out and pick up the Champions Book... which edition are you playing?  And dust off an old favorite of mine...

Telekinetic, Telepathic, Telemechanic.

Empyrean

6th Edition. :) Muse has been great in helping with character sheets. I'm new to GMing the system but I hope to make it fun for all.

Muse

Tagan

It will if I can find a Champions book and the hours I need.  :)

Tagan

Ok, found a Champions book.

Checking with you on a rule.  I want to get TK that you can't 'touch'.

IE, you can't use your strength against it directly.  You can grab onto something, use Flight Speed as Str, go Desolid, or counter with your own TK, but you can't 'break free' with only strength, as there's nothing to 'touch'.

This replicates the force, or the TK used in the Witch Mountain Movies.

Now this is obviously 'Attack with Alternate Defense', but of an unusual type.  Would you allow it?

A limitation on the TK would be, can only affect the whole object, IE no crushing or punching with this TK. The TK would also be purchased with invisible source.

The total would be 6 points per 2 Telekinetic Str.

Would this power be approved?

Empyrean

Muse

By the way, Yugi, you have 11 more points.  :)  I recommend you consider some skills.  :)  Or maybe Combat Skill Levels. 

Let's see if I we can get Apygoos finished. 

Empyrean, are you more or less ready to go?  Also, is Yugi's character going to be game breaking?  She's not invulnerable, and pretty easy to hit!  While she can dish out an outrageous amount of punishment, that form is also very fatiguing! 

Tagan

Jennifer McCallister (aka Phoenix)

Concept: Family oriented geek girl, not aware how gorgeous she is.
Power Shtick: TT&T (Telepathy, Telekinesis, Teleport)

Appearance

5'2", 98 lbs, Auburn hair, deep green eyes, light olive skin, rounded cheeks, very symmetrical Greek/Irish features, toned body, athletic.
Something Like This

Background

Jennifer McCallister was a dual computer and biology major, focusing on sea life and environmental damage studies in college, along with computer modeling to determine the probable causes. She was also, sadly, (at least in her mind) quite unmistakably beautiful. So lovely, in fact, that she'd learned to defend herself very well by the time she was 12, and had continued practicing self defense since.

Now, at 24 and about to be in her first graduate studies year, she was focused on her studies. At least on campus.

Thankfully she had another life, one where she could get away from it all. She had her family, cousins, aunts, uncles and assorted friends. They vacationed together every year, and Jennifer felt much closer to them than anyone at her college! Her parents usually came along, as did her older brother, Ryan. (he was usually the one who reminded younger male cousins that his sister, was in fact, their cousin, and that they really ought to treat her like that.)

She was the 'cute' cousin. All her male relatives of this generation had a crush on her, and she was fairly certain Mary had one as well.

Jennifer liked all of them... but was occasionally weirded out when they took it too far. But the rest of the family was always there to help out, reminding people that she was family... it was nice.

She was very fond of all of them. Her relationships outside her family had been, to put it bluntly, rather horrendous. Boys wanted to score with her, use her, or were simply too intimidated by her appearance to even get to know her at all.

Her mother had once tried to get her to think about modeling, but Jennifer didn't feel that was her calling. She wanted to do something to help others.

But college was difficult. Away from her family, and having a hard time making real friends, (outside of a few girls who weren't intimidated by her) she was always very lonely on campus, so it was always a relief to get away.

Family vacations like this one were her favorite times. People who loved her because she was family, and didn't (usually) lust after her because she was beautiful.

She wasn't looking forward to returning to school.

Then came the accident.  Her family's RV went over the edge of the highway... it started to tip, to roll... and then, just as suddenly, it was back, safe and sound in the middle of the road.  When it was over, her family was no wiser.  But Jennifer knew nothing would ever be the same again.

Relationships

Father: Patrick McCallister, Senior Supervisor for Security at a major Internet shipping company. Still in excellent shape, loves to play baseball with his home softball league, invites his son as often as possible, immensely proud of his son 'making' the leagues, no matter how small time. Loves and supports his daughter, (though doesn't really connect with her except trough their mutual love of the outdoors and the Martial Arts.)

Wendy McCallister, currently a part time home caregiver, ex-model. Loves both her children, doesn't really understand either. Somewhat disappointed in Jennifer's choices, and only occasionally hides this.

Ryan McCallister: Brother, a bit overprotective, close sibling relationship.  Minor League Baseball Player who always seems to have the time to talk to his sister about her problems, though he's reluctant to share his own.

Cousin Mary: A year younger than Jennifer, she's been the closest of her cousins, often coming by on her own breaks to hang out with Jennifer. Similar interests, (She's studying dolphin communication) they have been close friends for years. Always came on the family trips until an uncomfortable incident two gets previously, in which all the girls went skinny dipping. She was teased repeatedly for staring at Jennifer... but did not laugh the incident off. Jennifer keeps planning on talking to her about this, but has put it off so far.

Abilities

Jennifer has the abilities of Telekinesis and Telepathy.  Her Telepathy is largely untested, as she is uneasy using this ability, but her Telekinesis is now well practiced.  Able to move large objects both slowly and instantaneously, she has taken up the mantle of the Phoenix.  (Actually she made a Phoenix costume for a Cosplay some years back, and it seemed like a wise idea to have a disguise.)

Character Sheet

Val  Char  Cost 

10  STR   0
15  DEX  10
10  CON   0
15  INT   5
20  EGO  10
10  PRE   0

5  OCV  10
5  DVV  10
3  OMCV  0
3  DMCV  0
3/6 SPD  10    Moves on 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

2  PD    0
2  ED    0
10  REC   6
70  END   10
10  BODY  0
36  STUN  8

Cost  Powers

120 T,T,&T Multipower
20v Telekinesis- 30 STR, Attack vrs Alternate Defense (FLight, Desoild, Telekinesis)
       Affects Whole Object, Invisible Source, Fine Manipulation [After first 10, 6pts per 2 STR]
12v Barrier- Non Anchored [3pts start, 1pt per l/h, 1pt per body, 3pts per +2 Points Reistant Defense]
9v Teleport- Megascale, No Relative Velocity, 2 Floating Locations (1m=10,000 km) [After First 20, 1pt per m, 5pts for 2xmass]
12v Flight- Invisible to sound, usable in Water [3pts for 2m]
12v Mind Scan- Invisible (+1 vrs Offensive Penalty levels for every 3 dice) [5pts for 1d6]
12v Telepathy -Invisible [15pts for 2d6]
12v Mind Blast [10pts for 1d6]
18v PD/ED Resistant, Costs End to activate, Invisible to Normal Sight (Shows on Infrared) [3pts per 1 each]
6v Mental Defense [1pt per 1]
6v OMCV/DMCV [6pts per 1 each]

20  Life Support Linked to Barrier- High Presure, Self-Contained Breathing, Usable on 8 Others, Must Stay within Barrier
20  3 Spd, only for use with Multipower
27  Detect Minds- 360% Discriminatory, Targeting, Sense

Cost BaseRoll Skills

3   12-      Biology
3   12-      Computer Programing
3   12-      Disguise
3   11-      Persuasion
3   12-      Stealth

Complications

Secret Identity (Frequently, Major): 15 points
Code versus harming innocents (common, strong): 15 points
Nudist: (Uncommon, Strong) 10 points
Honorable (always keeps word, never takes advantage of a situation) (common, total): 20 points
Overconfidence (very common, Moderate): 15 points

Empyrean

I don't see a problem with either character and I'm ready to go. I'll go ahead and open threads a little later today and we can start.

Muse

Meep!  i'd better hurry up and finsih Nevermore then!  he's close. 

Muse

Okay, Nevermore's crunch is up.  :) 

What's missing: 
--Nevermore's supercomputer ally. 
--Arcana's (inherited) sanctum Sanctorum.  (I'll look for info on that now.) 

Empyrean

Muse

Well, there's the SAnctum. 

Go ahead and put stuff up if you like.  :) 

I think I've found the stuff for a computer. 

Tagan

Empyrean

Muse

Empyrean, is there a way for Nevermore's computer to use his suit's sense powers without actually buying those powers again for the computer? 

Computer:  100-44
15   Intelligence      25
5   Ego         15
   Dex         10
   OCV         3
   DCV         3
   OMCV      3
   DMCV      3
10   SPD         3

Basic Abilities: 
3   Clock: Absolute Time Sense
5   Meomory: Eidetic Memory
3   Math Processor: Lightning Calculator
3   Scanner: speed Reading

Skills: 

Tagan

Just buy Mind Reading, useable only on Suit, for the Computer, high enough that it can 'see' through it's senses.

A further limitation would that it can ONLY see through the senses, not otherwise 'read' the suit's 'mind'.
Though maybe you want the computer to be able to read the suit's computer?

Empyrean

Tagan

It often takes me many edits to finish a post, so when you see a game post from me, it's usually not complete for up to 10 minutes.
I make the original post with actions the character is attempting, then go out and make dice rolls and check rules, then go back and edit in the rolls, and edit the text to reflect the rolls if possible... then sometimes edit again if something seems off.

Those are now complete though.

Muse

Tagan

Quote from: Empyrean on November 13, 2013, 09:08:53 PM
Hola everyone!

The OOC is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189985.0

and the first post is here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189995.0

Have fun and I hope you enjoy the opening scenario! :)

Have we lost some people?  Here's the game links again.

Muse