News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Good Work Never Ends [PATHFINDER]

Started by Ghostwheel, October 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

Royal of which nation?

That said, yes, psionic classes are fine.

ShadowFox89

Looks like Demacia would be the best suited origin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

i wanted to double check on smething...GW I have been handling a sick little boy for the past and i am kinda behind but have started and neraly finished my character sheet...working on a storybackground

anyway from what i am reading i could take catskin-leather with one armor enhancement and it would be considered a least item?

i have worked out most everything and thanks much for your help an others

phaia

Ghostwheel

From what I'm reading, it would count as a lesser item, since it's not just an enhancement or two, but an item in its own right. Just replace the +1 with +4 from the table.

For all those interested, on Monday I'll be locking the thread, looking over the completed applications, and choosing the same day or the next, so get your completed applications in!

Phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:34:57 PM
From what I'm reading, it would count as a lesser item, since it's not just an enhancement or two, but an item in its own right. Just replace the +1 with +4 from the table.

For all those interested, on Monday I'll be locking the thread, looking over the completed applications, and choosing the same day or the next, so get your completed applications in!

thats kinda what i thought..just wanted to be sure...can an enchanement like spell resistance be added per the  balanced wealth stuff an keep it a lesser?

phaia

Ghostwheel

No, that would boost it into Greater territory. That said, you could get Spell Resistance on a pair of bracers of armor if you wanted.

Phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:39:51 PM
No, that would boost it into Greater territory. That said, you could get Spell Resistance on a pair of bracers of armor if you wanted.

so if i take that ARMOR just increases the + to a +4 to match the enchanement bonus?

Phaia

ShadowFox89

Going with Soulknife...

This is what we get for bonuses, right?

+7 one score
+4 all other scores
+4 armor
+3 weapon
+3 Deflection
+3 natural armor
+4 resistance
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inash

I thought it was +7 one score, +4 all scores (including the one that got +7).

If I'm right above, then I think I am essentially done.  I do have 978 gold to spend though (lots of alchemist fire and acid and such I guess), and item weights to look up so that I know I have that right. 

If I'm wrong above, then I need to change how many spells per day I get, and spell DC.

Ebb

I believe it is:

+7 to one score
A total of +7 to spread around the other five scores
And +4 enhancement bonus to all six scores

Muse

I'm confident that Ebb is correct.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inash

Temporarily switching to the most restrictive interpretation (ShadowFox's) until we get a ruling.  Ebb's would be absolutely wonderful though  >:)

Phaia

Quote from: Phaia on October 16, 2013, 10:52:53 AM
i want to sure i have this right this should be the way to build the character ??
race is half elf:
primary class -rogue/ secoandry magus
         base    + racial     +primary   + extra [7]    + 4 too all        final
str    10[0]                                               [10]        +4 [14]          str 14
con  13 [3]                                              [13]         +4 [17]          con 17
dex 17 [13]    +2 [19]     +7 [26]            [26]             [26]           dex 26
int   14 [ 5]                                              [14]         +4 [18]         int 18 [skill points based on 14 +2 per level]
wis  12 [2]                                          +4 [16]         +4 [20]        wis 20
cha  13 [3]                                          +3 [16]        +4 [20]         cha 20

phaia

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 16, 2013, 12:11:31 PM
@Phaia, yes, that is correct.

hope this helps inash!!

Phaia

Ebb

Quote from: Phaia on October 18, 2013, 05:47:44 PM

hope this helps inash!!

Phaia

Phaia, wouldn't your Dex be 30 there, since it should get the +4 like the rest of your scores?

ShadowFox89

Nimble Blade Soulknife it is then.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

i dont know but i hope so since that gives her a 30 dex

phaia

Blinkin

Remember that armor doesn't give a highe enough dex option to use it. Hell, I'm not sure that clothing gives that much freedom of movement. *chuckles* I cut my characters dex from 28 to 22 because it was wasting so much mod that couldn't be used with any armor.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

Quote from: Phaia on October 18, 2013, 02:28:10 PM
catskin-leather 

phaia

Blinkin the reason i was considering this ar mor is that it allows full dex mod when worn

Phaia

ShadowFox89

Kinda confused on how weapon bonuses work. Especially because Soulknives normally get a +4 enhancement bonus and +6 worth of enchantments on their soulblade at this level.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inash

Blinkin

Phaia, nice... I have got to dive further into the magic weapons and armor list!

*sighs* Before this game, such an item would of been impossible to aquire, of course, but knowing it was out there would of been nice... Oh well, such is life.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ShadowFox89

A problem that comes up with the wealth system is that there are a couple of Soulknife abilities that allow you to raise your bonuses for two weapons to the bonus that you'd have for a single weapon >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=684566

Need to know what kind of gear I can get.....

My idea for this character is that, mechanics wise, they'll be using Twin Strike + Vital Strike to be making two 3d6+12 +3d8 attacks per turn (the wording of Twin Strike is "when making" which implies as part of rather than exclusionary to any other bonuses). Fluff wise, an accomplished duelist who has made a name for themselves across the land.
Call me Shadow
My A/A