Celestial Storm Omega, a Space Fantasy RP. Difficult roles, specific setting.

Started by Oracian, August 18, 2013, 08:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oracian

Hi everybody! I haven't been on in a long time, and knowing me, I'll wander off again in a few months. If that's not a problem, keep reading.

As mentioned above, I have an idea that will be difficult to role play through. I created a setting called Celestial Storm, and I'm currently designing a game system to go with the setting. The difficulty that I'm having is in explaining to others what a night of playing the system would be like. So my idea is to play through an imaginary run of the game, as if I'd finished the system and produced the game already. The folks on E are the only ones I trust to give this a fair try. So the actual RP on E would be playing as a group of college students, 2 men, and 3 women, as they start in on their first experience with Celestial Storm: Omega. (The Omega means the adults only rules.) Right there I figure I lost half of my readers, but oh well. The rest of you are still reading.

The outline looks something like this:

The guests arrive, and they all make characters for the game, and the rules and setting are briefly explained.
   The characters meet up, and go around the space port, raising enough credits to buy a ship.
   Two players act out some friskiness so their characters can get parts, or whatever.
   The new ship and crew follow a star-map to a region rich in valuable materials. Again two players get frisky for 'in game' reasons
   An attack on the ship occurs once they've loaded up all the cargo. It's Space Pirates! There's probably some action here too.
   On the way back after the fight, two characters get to know each other better, and the players do likewise.
   Lastly, some more 'negotiating' for parts is required back at port in order to repair the fight damaged ship.
   The players pack up their things, and talk about the session, and flirt over options for the next game.

If I like the RP, and how it works out, I may commission someone to illustrate a short comic based on the action.

That's my pitch, openings for 4 other players. I don't care what your RL gender is, but I figure with the college students' genders already assigned, I can get my semi obligatory girl-girl scene in there somewhere.

Also, this is a space fantasy, not a sci-fi. We have ships, and sail to planets and systems, but I'm not going to go into depth about how anything works. It just all works as described. Maybe that means the only part that can replace a Kalneth propulsion system is a plant based piece of Mordani tech, or a Lorani Crystal will make a Fauth hull stronger. Don't ask how, just ask if your engineer can do it.

So, jump in and let me know if anyone's up for the challenge of the game within a game. If there's any interest, I'll go over the races mentioned above, and cover the Szelnar and Urundi as well. (If I include a 7th race, it'll be the Malari, but I'm not sure the setting needs a human analogue.) I'll be on in the afternoons between 4 & 5, and in the mornings between 7 & 8. I hope to update daily until this idea is played out. Thanks for reading to the end!

-Oracian

Not making a decision is a huge decision.

Yukina

I love the idea. I'm planning to play meek lesbian, so your needed girl-on-girl action is sure to be there somewhere. :)

ebpohmr

This sounds like a fun and challenging experiment to get involved with!

Jr

I'd be more than glad to help you with your system if I can play one of the guys.

Oracian

Great!  Ebpohmr, are you playing one of the girls? I could change up the gender ratio if I need to. (Though 4 guys and one meek lesbian might not work so well.)

Also, still room for one more player. Who wants it?

ebpohmr

Quote from: Oracian on August 18, 2013, 05:34:46 PM
Great!  Ebpohmr, are you playing one of the girls? I could change up the gender ratio if I need to. (Though 4 guys and one meek lesbian might not work so well.)

*shrugs* I don't mind which gender I play as - so sure, I'll play as one of the girls.

Oracian

Well, I don't have long to type right now, but I think I can start this thing up tomorrow. That being said, I still need one more Player, or I end up playing 2 NPCs. I don't mind if that's how it goes, but from pencil and paper experience, I can say that it's no fun when you end up talking to yourself.

One more seat! Space Fantasy Adventure! Game Within a Game!

(Doing the whole excited marketplace caller thing doesn't work so good on here... It's too quiet.)

Also, give a little thought to where you want to fit on the crew. Engineer, Tactician, Navigation, Operations, Command. My chr. will have a rare star-map with him, but that doesn't mean he's any good at navigating. In fact, that might be why he's trying to find a crew. We'll see.

Yukina

Jr

ebpohmr

Hmm. I don't really mind which role I play as, but I have a preference for Engineers, so I'll go with that unless someone else really wants it.

Jr

I'm a little torn in regards to my metacharacter. Would you guys rather have an athletic nerd (the kinda guy who does SCA fights and works out to cosplay his favorite characters) or a stoner geek (that one guy who thinks he plays online games better when he's high and generally brings the best snacks)?

Yukina

Oracian

That leaves tactician and commander. I can cover those with my one or two chrs.

Here's the OOC thread for the game:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183034.0

I hope that worked. Adding links and stuff is not something I do often.

Yukina

Oracian

This is a second call for players interested in the above mentioned RP. I have the next four days off work, and can finally start this thing up. Follow the link to the OOC thread, and let me see your character idea. We still need somewhere between one and four players, depending on who's still interested. Thanks!