What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Cheesey Ravioli with sliced crimini mushrooms and onions  covered in a nice white cream sauce and a baby greens salad add extra cucumber and white mushroom caps sprinkle with croutons and feta cheese and a light bleu cheese dressing.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

theLeslie

*goes to Josi's for dinner*

Josietta

Quote from: theLeslie on September 09, 2008, 12:23:42 AM
*goes to Josi's for dinner*

*made enough for 2-3 people, will inevitably have left overs*  i'd love to have you for dinner..

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

DarkestStryke

Right at this moment. Eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, plum tomatoes and some baked beans.

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Silver

Salmon along with angel hair pasta and herbs finishing with steamed veggies...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bliss

Fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies! ^_^
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

I cooked and gave out cheeseburgers at a soup kitchen tonight... had a few of the leftovers myself, as it was that or throw them out.  (they have unusual rules... why not give it away?  they have limits... strange)

now, it's honey roasted peanuts.

Josietta

Quote from: Kalen on September 09, 2008, 06:44:46 PM
I cooked and gave out cheeseburgers at a soup kitchen tonight... had a few of the leftovers myself, as it was that or throw them out.  (they have unusual rules... why not give it away?  they have limits... strange)

I never understood why restaurants did that. It used to pee me off everytime when I worked in fast food and we had to throw out burgers and stuff cuz no one bought them. why not give them to the homeless? or as extras to those who were last in the drive thru or whatever. Wasting food always makes me cringe and upset.

*has Emerald tm sea salt and cracked black pepper cashews now*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kalen

Quote from: Josietta on September 09, 2008, 06:53:08 PM
I never understood why restaurants did that. It used to pee me off everytime when I worked in fast food and we had to throw out burgers and stuff cuz no one bought them. why not give them to the homeless? or as extras to those who were last in the drive thru or whatever. Wasting food always makes me cringe and upset.

*has Emerald tm sea salt and cracked black pepper cashews now*

Actually, that was the confusing part.. this was a soup kitchen.  ALL the food was for the homeless.  But they have this strange two helpings rule... what the hell?  We're here to feed them, let's FEED them!

Josietta

Quote from: Kalen on September 09, 2008, 06:58:48 PM
Actually, that was the confusing part.. this was a soup kitchen.  ALL the food was for the homeless.  But they have this strange two helpings rule... what the hell?  We're here to feed them, let's FEED them!

Exactly!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Canuckian

I come in here and watch what you people eat and it almost makes me embarassed to say that, as a bachellor through and through, my knowledge of cooking pretty much begins and ends with "microwave times may vary" :)

Paradox

Quote from: Kalen on September 09, 2008, 06:44:46 PM

Having been on both sides of the issue in countless shelters and soup kitchens (as a recipient of the food when I was on the streets and later serving the food as a volunteer), I can take a guess:

It might seem unfair, but you have to set that limit because if you don't, then you'll just keep giving away the food until it runs out. When that happens, some people invariably received a third helping while some didn't. This makes those who didn't jealous and can lead to bickering and all-out brawls (I've seen it.)

Hunger and poverty aren't very conducive to rationality. It tends to put you in a survivalist mindset, and when you see someone in your same situation being treated better than you, it can lead to hurt feelings and temper flares.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Caeli

Cheesecake. My second one, baked from scratch. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Kalen

Quote from: Paradox on September 09, 2008, 09:21:50 PM
Having been on both sides of the issue in countless shelters and soup kitchens (as a recipient of the food when I was on the streets and later serving the food as a volunteer), I can take a guess:

It might seem unfair, but you have to set that limit because if you don't, then you'll just keep giving away the food until it runs out. When that happens, some people invariably received a third helping while some didn't. This makes those who didn't jealous and can lead to bickering and all-out brawls (I've seen it.)

Hunger and poverty aren't very conducive to rationality. It tends to put you in a survivalist mindset, and when you see someone in your same situation being treated better than you, it can lead to hurt feelings and temper flares.

I completely understand that.  It just seems wasteful to throw it out, as well. 

But no system is perfect, is it.

Lilias

Turkey curry. It's a toss-up between Madras and Jalfrezi. Yum either way.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Madriv

Greenthorn

Gonna have spaghetti with hot sausage...boring huh?

Bliss

Nothing... because I left my lunch at home. :(
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

Quote from: Bliss on September 10, 2008, 11:31:42 AM
Nothing... because I left my lunch at home. :(

I has no lunch either. 

Bliss, will you be my lunch date?

Bliss

Sure, we can hang out online and... not... eat.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

I'll send you pictures of food, and we'll commiserate?

Kalen

Quote from: Kalen on September 10, 2008, 11:57:09 AM
I'll send you pictures of food, and we'll commiserate?

Besides, I hear they're serving up chopped liver in the Steambox  ;D

Cecilia

Sorry to see so many hungry folks out there...while I happily devour left over Ethiopian food--home made...