News:

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, January 04, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zekromnomnom

Well, spoiler for VI, it's the best one ;D

No, but it's my favorite. I would love to see Locke, maybe Terra.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had characters from Bravely Default.

Obsidian Isolabella

I'm going to start blushing in embarrassment here...

What's Bravely Default?  :-[

Zekromnomnom

It's a 3DS game that's a Final Fantasy game in every way but it's name. It's a lot more like one of the older games than the newer ones like the MMOs and the FF XIIIs.

Mathim

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 21, 2015, 02:42:39 PM
Well, spoiler for VI, it's the best one ;D

No, but it's my favorite. I would love to see Locke, maybe Terra.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had characters from Bravely Default.

VI is not the best one. It's got lots to explore and such but there's so many characters it's hard to give a crap about any or all of them in the end. Plus the severe lack of control over who can be used at a given time when they get split up is always a pain in the ass. IX did that a lot too, but it was craptastic in more ways than can be counted. Thankfully they minimized its characters' involvement in KH.

About the Final Fantasy characters mishmash, none of the worlds from any FF games are actually in KH, so it's not the same as making not only a world based around their universe but also filling it with their familiar characters. So it's not the same even though lots of them are probably unfamiliar to casual gamers.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Zekromnomnom

Quote from: Mathim on January 21, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
VI is not the best one. It's got lots to explore and such but there's so many characters it's hard to give a crap about any or all of them in the end. Plus the severe lack of control over who can be used at a given time when they get split up is always a pain in the ass. IX did that a lot too, but it was craptastic in more ways than can be counted. Thankfully they minimized its characters' involvement in KH.

About the Final Fantasy characters mishmash, none of the worlds from any FF games are actually in KH, so it's not the same as making not only a world based around their universe but also filling it with their familiar characters. So it's not the same even though lots of them are probably unfamiliar to casual gamers.

Well, I was joking. Did the smiley not make that clear? I'm not seriously going to post my opinions in threads like they're facts.

Marx

I really.. really hope we don't get another musical number world..
O/O

Mathim

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 21, 2015, 04:08:14 PM
Well, I was joking. Did the smiley not make that clear? I'm not seriously going to post my opinions in threads like they're facts.

No, in fact, the smiley did not make that clear at all. If anything it only gave off the impression that the teeming throngs of people who do trumpet it up to the heavens as the best FF of all time included you. An eye-rolling smiley would have been much more effective. Just sayin'. Don't be afraid to post opinions as long as you back them up with an explanation, if that's what you're afraid of. I always do even if everyone else disagrees with my stance, I just take the time to rationalize my argument, is all. Like I said, there are good points about it, but there are too many things that irk me about it. I would actually download it on my PS3 if only they had the Advance version which has more stuff. If I'm going to spend money on that game, I want it to have the maximum amount of content and they pretty much wasted a lot of resources making only one version of the game as comprehensive as that. Too bad they only remade IV on the DS to look as good as it does, I would have loved for V and VI to get that makeover and remove some of the many, many glitches that the older games had as a result of their older programming. Maybe then I'd appreciate having them show up in KH more. Seeing Setzer near the start of II was just like, "Really? He's the best they could come up with?"

Marx, I wouldn't mind another musical number/rhythm game style thing as long as it was a world that hasn't yet been explored and is something that wouldn't make a proper one to explore if they just bothered to put in the effort. Recycling the Little Mermaid like that was a bad idea, so avoiding something like that would be better if they were just going to do that all over again. Or maybe have one particular section of a proper, explorable world that would allow you to play it like a mini-game, and then another world or a few others will have something similar. Like if they ever made a Jungle Book world, you could do that same kind of thing in King Louie's temple and you have to keep the rhythm to keep Baloo's (and Sora's and the others if they're also involved) disguises on so they can successfully rescue Mowgli. Or something like that, it just popped into my head and I wanted to get it out. That way there'd at least be some variety to it. Or each game could vary in how it works, maybe one with singing, and the other with some kind of other minigame. Plus that could enable them to make a Pocahontas world without seeming as incredibly racist as the actual film, if there were no fight parts and just the music or whatever.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Marx

I don't see why they can't just add a Pocahontas world without it being watered down as they did for all the other Disney worlds that actually had a darker message to them (We did get to meet Frollo after all, and EVERYONE knows how dark The Hunchback of Notre Dome movie was with the original plot being even darker.) I think that they can still battle it out like a normal world, they just got to word a lot of that worlds content differently, or change the plot ever so slightly so that the hint of racism isn't caught.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I would absolutely LOVE to see them use Pocahontas!! Like I didn't even think of that and I'm so mad at myself xD I would love to see them do that. Or Jungle Book too.

The one musical game that has me stumped right now in the series is Disney Town in BBS. I cannot get past some of the beginner ones in the Ice Cream shop musical game. Driving me bonkers!!

Marx

Fun Fact: In Birth By Sleep, they already planned to have a Jungle Book world before releasing the game overseas. However, they never finished development of the world, and disregarded the project for space on new ideas/worlds (Why exactly? I am not sure of the details myself to be honest.)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I was never really sure about that myself. I know I've seen like extra stuff from that world that they had already built, so I'm not really sure why it was scratched. :/

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 23, 2015, 12:34:06 AM
I would absolutely LOVE to see them use Pocahontas!! Like I didn't even think of that and I'm so mad at myself xD I would love to see them do that. Or Jungle Book too.

The one musical game that has me stumped right now in the series is Disney Town in BBS. I cannot get past some of the beginner ones in the Ice Cream shop musical game. Driving me bonkers!!

How would they pull that off, though? Especially without it seeming racist all over again. Plus, did she fight in that movie? Or would that be one of the worlds with no battle companion like Wonderland? Too many unknowns. And I'm not sure how fun the environment would be to explore. You've got the ship which there already was in Neverland, and the forest which several places already had. Unless they came up with something really good, it might not be worth trying to make the New World (if that's what they want to call it, since that's what it was to the settlers/conquistadors) what with all the controversy that still haunts the movie.

Zekromnomnom

All right, I think I'm done in this thread.
Quote from: Mathim on January 22, 2015, 11:23:00 PM
No, in fact, the smiley did not make that clear at all. If anything it only gave off the impression that the teeming throngs of people who do trumpet it up to the heavens as the best FF of all time included you. An eye-rolling smiley would have been much more effective. Just sayin'. Don't be afraid to post opinions as long as you back them up with an explanation, if that's what you're afraid of. I always do even if everyone else disagrees with my stance, I just take the time to rationalize my argument, is all. Like I said, there are good points about it, but there are too many things that irk me about it. I would actually download it on my PS3 if only they had the Advance version which has more stuff. If I'm going to spend money on that game, I want it to have the maximum amount of content and they pretty much wasted a lot of resources making only one version of the game as comprehensive as that. Too bad they only remade IV on the DS to look as good as it does, I would have loved for V and VI to get that makeover and remove some of the many, many glitches that the older games had as a result of their older programming. Maybe then I'd appreciate having them show up in KH more. Seeing Setzer near the start of II was just like, "Really? He's the best they could come up with?"

Then maybe me saying "No, but it's my favorite." could have gotten that across. Nevermind, I guess I'll just state exactly what I mean, evey time I say anything on here.

Or just leave the thread.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Have fun with your speculations and such everyone.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 23, 2015, 08:07:11 AM
How would they pull that off, though? Especially without it seeming racist all over again. Plus, did she fight in that movie? Or would that be one of the worlds with no battle companion like Wonderland? Too many unknowns. And I'm not sure how fun the environment would be to explore. You've got the ship which there already was in Neverland, and the forest which several places already had. Unless they came up with something really good, it might not be worth trying to make the New World (if that's what they want to call it, since that's what it was to the settlers/conquistadors) what with all the controversy that still haunts the movie.

You know that they're going to put something in there with a forest. They've done it with every game. As for the racism in the story? They were battling gender issues in Mulan, but they put it in there regardless. And personally, Lion King was about as dark as Pocahontas was. So, there are those things to factor in as well. Plus if they were considering Star Wars? I think that they are pretty willing to go dark since I consider Star Wars fairly dark as far as storyline goes.

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 23, 2015, 08:13:11 AM
All right, I think I'm done in this thread.
Then maybe me saying "No, but it's my favorite." could have gotten that across. Nevermind, I guess I'll just state exactly what I mean, evey time I say anything on here.

Or just leave the thread.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Have fun with your speculations and such everyone.

Hun, there was no need to take what he said personally, though. He was just stating that he didn't take it as a joking manner because of the emoticon. No one is getting hostile in here since we're all just throwing out fun opinions and such. There is really no reason to leave the thread because you're not unwanted. I just ask that everyone respect everyone else's opinions whether they agree or not. We can all discuss our different opinions in a respectful manner even if we disagree ^_^

CaptainNexus616

What about a Treasure Planet world? Or an Atlantis world? I know they didn't do as good as other Disney animated films such as Mulan or Lion King but they could be fun areas to explore.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Obsidian Isolabella

See, Nexus, I'm a HUGE fan of Treasure Planet. Yeah it might not have been  up to par with frickin Frozen, but I loved that movie so much! I think it'd be an awesome world just like Deep Space was :D

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 23, 2015, 03:24:34 PM
See, Nexus, I'm a HUGE fan of Treasure Planet. Yeah it might not have been  up to par with frickin Frozen, but I loved that movie so much! I think it'd be an awesome world just like Deep Space was :D

I heartily disliked Frozen but I can't think of too many other worlds with a snowy theme other than the mountains from Mulan which we've already seen, so if they could handle it well without annoying me too much like the movie did, fine. But yes, yes, and more yes on the Treasure Planet. They need an outer spacey world sci-fi thing that isn't Tron or just the journeys between worlds in the gummi ship.

And Zekro, bro, if you read what I said, all I was saying was be literal, and if you have a dissenting opinion, don't be shy about giving your reasoning. It's one thing to think one side of an argument is unreasonable, it's another thing altogether to understand why it's unreasonable or just why someone might think so. I don't care if you loved FF6, that's totally fine. On the other hand if you hate it, I get that too. I just had no idea which thing you were getting at because of a questionable emoticon choice. Hence why I seldom use them. The game does get lots of hype that I don't feel it deserves, so the less we see of it in KH, the happier I will generally feel.

Frankly, that reminds me; Espers from FF6 were such a huge part of it and they actually talked and interacted with the characters, so wouldn't it be cool to see certain summon monsters that are so iconic to the series as part of the KH cast, just like the human(ish) Final Fantasy characters (since they also have Moogles and such)? They could be sage-like, testing Sora in combat like mystic beings and maybe upgrade his magic for him if he passes their tests. Ramuh for one comes readily to mind as that big-bearded old dude who would undoubtedly have lots of lessons to teach the young hero.