Kavanaugh, the Supreme Court nomination, and Kavanaugh & Ford's testimonies

Started by Blythe, September 28, 2018, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 13, 2018, 03:01:13 PM
No one has pushed for alien belief systems to destroy American culture. The closest thing I can guess you mean is the absolutely stupid 'War on Christmas', because the evangelical fringe has so little brain capacity they cant distinguish between admitting that other religions exist and the suppression of their own.

One could probably also argue that evangelical and dominionist desire for a Christian theocracy are an alien belief system to American culture, even though my country's history is no stranger to religious zealotry.

A broad amount of Republican evangelicals don't much care for the 1st Amendment.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: RedPhoenix

No, just republicans.

Arguably not true, Republicans are pushing for the demonization of multiple races, not just one. ;D

RedPhoenix

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 13, 2018, 03:23:45 PM
Arguably not true, Republicans are pushing for the demonization of multiple races, not just one. ;D

Yes many times over is just very yes. :P
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

QuackKing

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 13, 2018, 03:05:20 PM
Xenophobia and a government run by religion are the most un-American belief system possible. I only see Republicans pushing for this.

Vekseid

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 11, 2018, 12:30:18 PM
And the politicians will never vote to cut off their own pork trough, which is why most finance reform bills end up dead in the water. Nor will they ever agree to voluntarily impose their own term limits.

What are the yes votes for then?.

Not the only vote like this either, and often pretty close to party lines. Not only that, but lawmakers pretty openly despise how much of their job has been taken over by fundraising. There is reason to have some faith that Democrats would make attempts to address it.

Quote from: QuackKing on October 13, 2018, 03:59:30 PM
*one-word picture snipped*

If you have an argument, present it. Otherwise this is just spam.