Naruto. Intelligent and in-depth. Hear me out.

Started by Ramael, May 20, 2011, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainsnoires

Wow, these are indeed great pics !
Compared to them my own pic is bleh...I shall update it ;) and will also work on the bio.

Kaisude

I will definitely try to make a unique Uchiha. Maybe. I will probably just go with my usual though.

Ramael

Mains-nothing wrong with your pic. This isn't a vanity competition, I was just curious if there was a pic resource I hadn't hit on yet (trawling deviantart as we speak) :D

Kai - that "going with your usual" sounds like a big jump from "definately making a unique Uchiha"?!

It seems we have a good rolecall - I will get on making the game threads soon. I don't believe in making people wait as long as they're keen on getting stuck into the roleplay and staying with it.

Scribbles

Ramael, finished my character and added the strength/weakness you asked for; it works a little as both (debateable).

And Mainsnoites, I like your charrie pic! Definitely nothing wrong with him.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Ramael

Scrib -  that's bang on the kind of stuff I meant. Thanks, gives a lot more depth and interesting juice to Kaya.

I'll wait on the rest of the completed CS's and then post up game threads.

Yorubi

Well I mean if making their own is considered to be normal, then using an already existing one is normal x 2 XD You create your own and its unique to you, even if others made more. With naruto though, I usually see like 20 thousand Sheringans or Byakugans (totally spelled wrong but meh) rathen then original bloodlines. Naruto usually is pack full of those whenever I do see an RP despite the great opening for original bloodlines it usually allows. Still there are some unique jutsu that can be learned like puppeting which isn't a bloodline but rather something uniquely learned (as far as I know).

Either way I'll probably just watch the RP for now and figure if I do want to join. Not quite sure if I would, original bloodline able to be used or not. ^^;;

kitakaze

((Here's my CS first draft, I may make a separate one for Hairomaru. Thoughts?))

Inuzuka Kegawa (犬塚 毛皮)

Appearance:
Just shy of two meters tall, Kegawa has the toned, somewhat feral physique typical of his clan. He wears his shaggy, dark brown hair loose, almost to his shoulders. Like all Inuzuka he has the two red fang tattoos on his cheeks. He wears standard issue Chuunin pants and a double-weave, sleeveless chain-mail shirt underneath his Chuunin vest.

Strengths:
Kegawa is exceptionally skilled at taijutsu, both solo and in junction with Hairomaru his Ninken companion. Most notable are his above average stamina and strength, giving him an advantage in protracted missions and fights. His specialty is performing sudden, overwhelming takedowns both in and out of actual combat. His ninjutsu and genjutsu are average for a chuunin.

Clan: Inuzuka
The Inuzuka Clan (犬塚一族) is known for their use of ninken as fighting companions. The members of this clan are easily recognized by the fang-like markings on their cheeks. The members are also given their own canine partner(s) when they reach a certain age. Thereafter, the shinobi and their dog(s) are practically inseparable. Clan members have distinctive red fang markings on their cheeks, animalistic eyes, and elongated canine teeth. It would seem that due to the bond between a Inuzuka clan member and their canine partner(s), their chakra is allowed to mix and is shared between them, adding a feral appearance to the human partners, and makes a bond between them that affords them the use of the clan's collaboration jutsu, such as the Fang Over Fang.

Bio:
Born as the second son of the Inuzuka matriarch (Yura), Kegawa was brought up to be a ninja of Konohagakure, and as such he views the village as one big extended pack. One which he will gladly risk his life to protect. He was paired with his ninken companion, an Akita named Hairomaru, at age four and they have trained almost every day since then. His childhood was normal, by ninja standards, and only his days in the academy caused much of a change in his routine.

His favorite memory of the academy is from his first year. He knocked out a fully graduated genin with one hit for trying to attack Hairomaru with a kunai because he “peed too close to my leg,” and promptly peed on the unconscious boy's head himself.

Personality:
Kegawa is a lively extrovert who enjoys physical exertion and challenges. While this gives him a naturally high reserve of stamina and strength, it also makes it difficult for him to sit still for long periods of time. Just like most of the Inuzuka he is brave and loyal to a fault. Of course the flip side of that is his aggression towards, and distrust of, new people, particularly if they are put “in charge” of him. Often he will refuse to make a decision without consulting with Hairomaru, though that is hardly uncommon amongst the Inuzuka.

Kegawa tries to be open about his flaws and admits that he isn't always perfect. His most notable “problems” include his tendency to be a sucker for the ladies, whom he often tries to impress, as well as having a short temper when he feels his “dominance” is being threatened.
My O/O's and A/A's
I have taken the Oath of Drake

So silent, no violence,
but inside my head so loud and clear you're screaming...
You're screaming
Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear

Revolutionist

Count me in. Hope this is okay, was rather rushed.

Name: Kisuke Senju

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Main strength: Wood Release - Ninjutsu

Bloodline/Clan: Senju

Biog: Kisuke is one of the last remaining Senju clan members, so there is a lot of expectation on him to help perform and restore the dominance of their clan. Well this is what the clan elders and the majority of the men would say. However his Mum would of just liked him to live a good life, be the best Shinobi he could and show himself in the best light first and then the Senju clan second. With both of wills before him Kisuke has decided to mix both and just apply himself to be the best he can be, whilst hopefully doing the Senju clan proud.

Personality: Kisuke is just a happy go lucky type, which involves a cheeky comment here or there. He is extremely modest and humble always being the biggest critic of himself. He is very loyal and a kind guy who does his best for everyone around him. He has a fatal weakness women, he can't stand fighting them in combat and has been close to just letting himself lose so he doesn't hurt them.

Strengths and flaws:

Strength: Kisuke's main strength lies in his Wood Release Ninjutsu which is unique to the Senju clan.

Flaw: Is the high level of the Wood release techniques and they amount of chakra they require, the constant use of them drains Kisuke's chakra and he can tire easily. Women he hates fighting them and would prefer to lose then hurt one, it is one of his biggest weaknesses and it holds him back alot.

CrazyIvan

I hope more then one person can be to each clan, though I hope not everyone chooses the same one leaving one to suffer, as I don't want to be the only Hyūga clan member. I like the fact that it is set in an AU, though I would also like to see it still follow some of the canon of the original universe, like how things work and the feel of the world to some extent. Before I list my character I will just show how much of a Naruto fan I am, rather how I have a lot of free time, by listing some ideas and facts that I have observed in other Naruto RP. The can be ignored by the GM if he wants, I am just putting it here to maybe help the RP to feel a little more canon:

A note to those who said they wanted powerful bloodline limits the three strongest, at least for eyes are the Byakugan (Hyūga), the Sharingan (Uchiha), and the Rinnegan (which only the pain has, as the bloodline is dead). Eye bloodline are not the only ones and if people want a full list or details about them they can look here: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia that is the link to the Naruto Wikipedia which has most if not all the information people would need. Along with that note I have a few others for people playing the Uchiha clan and thinking of having the Sharingan, not everyone in the clan has one. This is because in order for even the first spot to appear the user must go through a very emotional or stressful experience. It only actives at first, if they have it at all, if they undergo something that is extremely trying and brings them and their emotions to the edge. The later dots, up to three for the traditional Sharingan, only also appear one at a time due to similar and very hard and trying events. I am just saying this as most people I have seen RP Uchiha clan members view it as an everyday thing and that is normal to have one, in fact it means that person has been through something very traumatic, once again if you are actually going by the canon material. Another note is that the Sharingan can copy other techniques, but only in so far as the user of the sharingan can copy them, it doesn't allow someone to everything they see. As if the case of the Sasuke copying Lee's taijutsu he could only do an imperfect version of it, because his body couldn't do it right and it even strained his body.

With that said the Sharingan is in fact a very powerful eye jutsu and if used correctly can turn the tide of battles, it is like an added advantage for that clan on top of all of their jutsus. It has three main techniques, each kinda of corresponding to the number of Tomoe, or dots, the eye has. The first ability is the eye of insight which allows the user to notice and begin to see the flow of charka, though not in a person and it can notice if someone is under genjutsu as their flow becomes irregular. The second ability is to further ones perception, though it is not to the degree that the Byakugan can, allowing them to easily recognize genjutsu and different forms of chakra. his also allows the user to pick up on subtle details, enabling them to read lip movements or mimic something like pencil movements. As the Sharingan evolves, gaining more tomoe seals, this ability extends to being able to track fast-moving objects before finally giving some amount of predictive capabilities to the user, allowing them to see the image of an attacker’s next move from the slightest muscle tension in their body and counter or dodge without any wasted movement. However, even though the user may be able to see an attack or know it is coming, their body may not always have time to react. The third ability is the copy aspect which I talked about earlier and that it does put more strain on the body and charka then if you can do the justu by self training, this is why self training is still more important then the eye. Lastly the Sharingan's final commonly-used ability is capable of inducing a unique brand of hypnosis that involves suggesting actions and thoughts to the opponent through genjutsu cast by simple eye contact, though even this has limits. The Mangekyō Sharingan is by far the rarest thing to get as it requires you to lose the closest person to you and feel that sense of lose, that it is very deep, most of the time this is done by actively killing that person. Also the use of this ability rapidly makes the user go blind the more they use it, till he can see nothing at all.

Now to talk about the Byakugan and the canon information about it. All people who have this have featureless white eyes, lavender, or blue grey eyes even when the jutsu is not active. Also all members of the clan have this from the day they are born, unlike most if not all other bloodline and eye jutsus. The first ability of it is that it allows the user to see everything around them in 360 degree field of vision, expect a small blind spot at the back of the neck above the third thoracic vertebra, which few know about. The second ability is being able to see through solid objects, and can use a degree of telescopic sight, the range of the ability can change and be increased with training over time. The third and one of the greatest uses of the Byakugan is the ability to see chakra, chakra flow as well as the chakra circulation system inside the body with great detail. This ability is what the clans special fighting style, Gentle Fist, is based on as hitting these cause damage to internal organs which can not be strengthened. There is no defence against the Gentle Fist, since one cannot train one's internal organs to become stronger. The only possible defence is to stop the Gentle Fist's hits from connecting. Like the Sharingan and Rinnegan, the Byakugan's ability to see chakra and its flow allows the user to detect chakra sealed barriers as well as determine when genjutsu is being used. It was also shown in the anime that the Byakugan can also discern a transformation and a real person using the eye's ability to see chakra. Particularly skilled users of the Byakugan can take the Gentle Fist style one step further. Along the keirakurei are 361 pinprick-sized nodes called tenketsu, or chakra points. When struck, the Byakugan user can choose to either seal, or forcibly open these tenketsu, thus giving the user complete control over their opponent's chakra system. Lastly overusing the Byakugan over long periods of time without rest seems to cause severe eye strain in the user, similar to that of the Mangekyō Sharingan, as seen with Neji Hyūga, who couldn't tell the difference between Kiba and Akamaru, as well as physical exhaustion. Unlike the Sharingan, this is not permanent.

The Wood Release (木遁, Mokuton; English TV "Wood Style") techniques combine earth and water-based chakra to create wood. Wood Release techniques can be produced from anywhere, including the user's body, as the user's chakra is literally converted into a source of life. Wood Release is commonly affiliated with the Snake seal. The technique which consists on manipulating wood is called Wood Release Technique (木遁の術, Mokuton no Jutsu). Hashirama Senju was the originator of this ability, evidenced by the fact that no other member of his clan were known to possess this ability. His ability to use these techniques was one of the reasons for him being given the title of the First Hokage, and with Wood Release Secret Technique: Nativity of a World of Trees he was able to grow the trees that served as the foundation of Konohagakure. This technique allowed him to completely reshape the battlefield to his advantage. [This clan during the time of the show is dead and no longer exists, also only the creator of this had the bloodline.]

Okay so now that my little explanation of the two eye jutsus of Konoha and another limit is done and how I have seen them missed played, now it is time for my thoughts on the RP. Even though this is an AU I think we should stick to canon stuff and not mix eye jutsus but leave it as it is. Since this is an AU you could have us all start out as genin or even academy students and just say they have to be older before they can graduate it wouldn't take that much, again because the site requires 16+. Also a note that I have seen many people either ignore or try to get around is that in order to be a jonin you must have mastered at least two types of elemental charka. This is no easy task as mastering one takes a long time and mastering a second even longer, mastering anymore then two is almost unheard of and is rare. Even the users of the Sharingan who can copy other elemental jutsus rarely master over two types, the time and energy it takes is immense and it is better to focus on two.

-Missions-

In the organised society of the villages, ninja are given missions (任務, ninmu) depending on their rank. The missions are categorized in five ranks, based on the mission's possible danger or level of importance.

* D-rank - assigned to genin fresh from the Ninja Academy. They pose almost no risk to the ninja's life and usually consist of odd jobs like farming and babysitting work. The reward for a D-rank mission is between five thousand and fifty thousand ryō. (Genin)
    * C-rank - assigned to more experienced genin or chūnin. They are missions anticipated to have some combat involved with the possibility of injury to the shinobi performing it. Examples are guarding people, background investigations, or capturing or suppressing wild animals. The reward for a C-rank mission is between thirty thousand and 100 thousand ryō. (Chunin/Genin [only the best Genin])
    * B-rank - assigned to experienced chūnin. They are missions anticipated to involve combat with other ninja. Examples are guarding people, espionage, or killing other ninja. The reward for a B-rank mission is between 150 thousand and 200 thousand ryō. (Chunin/Jonin [no Genin would be allowed on this mission])
    * A-rank - assigned to jōnin, concerning, among other things, village-or state-level matters and trends. Examples are guarding VIPs or suppressing ninja forces. The reward for an A-rank mission is between one hundred fifty thousand and a million ryō. (Jonin [no Chunin or Genin would be allowed on this mission])
    * S-rank - assigned to experienced jōnin and concern state-level confidential matters. Examples are assassinating VIPs, and transporting highly classified documents. The reward for an S-rank mission is more than a million ryō. (Jonin [no Chunin or Genin would be allowed on this mission])

I think with that I have listed all of my thoughts currently, hopefully it wasn't to much and a waste of my time, anyway here is my character sheet.

Name: Hyūga Kayo

Appearance:

[not the best image but I hope it works]

Main strength: Her main strength is in using the Byakugan as well as her clans signature fighting style, that is reserved for the head of the clan, in new and interesting ways. Sometimes combined it with weapons or turning it into a weapon, which she is training with though so far with little success as it hasn't been done before. [if you want an example think like what Hinata does in the show by making her charka into needles that can be thrown.]

Jutsu signatures:

- Byakugan (Clan Bloodline Limit [Eye Jutsu])
Allows the user to see charka flow, charka points, and allows the user to see through solid objects and locate people or sources of charka. Allows a 360 field of vision and she can use it as far out as 75 meters, currently. Can also note if people are under the influence of a genjutsu and when someones charka is not quite right.

- Gentle Fist (Clan only fighting style)
A form of hand-to-hand combat used by members of the Hyūga clan. It inflicts internal damage through attacking the body's Chakra Pathway System, subsequently injuring organs which are closely intertwined with the area of the network which has been struck. To do this, the user surgically injects a certain amount of their own chakra into the opponent's chakra pathway system, causing damage to surrounding organs due to their proximity to the chakra circulatory system. Even the slightest tap can cause severe internal damage, hence the name "gentle" fist. Targeting the tenketsu can enhance the havoc and control a Gentle Fist practitioner can impose upon an opponent's chakra network

- Eight Trigrams (advanced form of the Gentle Fist [only used and taught to the head clan])
Has learned most of the techniques that are taught in this style. She is not a complete master of it, but she can still do most if not all the moves if they can be sloppy at times.

Kayo knows the basic techniques learned inside the Konoha academy Kayo also shows a great effinity towards Air charka, taijutsu, and ninjutsu.

She does not know any Genjutsu techniques, only mildly how to defend against them and help others get out of them.

Bloodline/Clan: Hyūga [Byakugan] Daughter of the Head Family

Biog: Kayo is the first and only daughter of the head family, she has no brothers or sisters. As the next head of the family a lot of pressure is put on her to be a great ninja and help lead the Hyūga Clan. She is expected to be the best she can be and better, as such she was forced to spend most of her time studying and training. She didn't have a lot of friends as her family was very protective of her and didn't allow her outside of the clan's complex often. Most of the friends she did have were part of the clan and either cousins or other younger kids that were related to the clan. Even they were forced to treat her with some kind of respect at all times as she was going to be the next head.

During her childhood there was an attempt made to kidnap her and steal the secrets of the Byakugan, she was 7 at the time. She doesn't have a large memory of the event, but what she can remember is her father and the other clan members coming to save her and how much she wanted to be like them. This is one of the events that drove her desire to become a better ninja and to train harder then she had to be the best ninja she could be. She trained hard and eventually made it into the academy, she was top of her class, she was smart and hard working, she graduated easily.

Personality: Due in part to her upbringing she is shy and not used to meeting a lot of people. She likes to read, draw, and do quiet things to help improve herself and study nature. She doesn't have much experience talking and interacting with new people and can be shy, though sometimes she can seem demanding. She likes to have fun and is a happy person, but this can be hampered by not knowing the person and not knowing how well she can trust them. She also tends to put others ahead of herself, she is willing to hurt herself to save others. She also has a mildly demanding personality at times and if truly asked her opinion, by some she trusts, she will give it. Lastly when push comes to shove she can also be a good leader, as she was trained to be the next head of the clan.

Strengths and flaws:
[Strengths]

Kayo is both smart and talented when it comes to taijutsu, her clans jutsu, and ninjutsu. She is good at coming up with interesting ways to use existing jutsu and likes to practice and experiment. She is, self, trained in the use of weapons and is looking at how to better use them and combine charka with them.

[Flaws]

Although she is talented in taijutsu she is not physically overwhelming, relying more on weapons or her gentle fist rather then brute strength. With so little experience talking with people outside of her clan and due to the incident of her being kidnapped, she finds it hard to trust people and can be cautious around them. She has little to know knowledge or talent in Genjutsu and only knows some of the techniques used to break out of it and resist it. Most of the time she thinks with her head, but if emotion gets the better of her she will sometimes act out on emotion, leading to her making decisions that she normally would never do.

Well there is my character, what do you think?

Ramael

Quote from: Yorubi on May 26, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
Well I mean if making their own is considered to be normal, then using an already existing one is normal x 2 XD You create your own and its unique to you, even if others made more. With naruto though, I usually see like 20 thousand Sheringans or Byakugans (totally spelled wrong but meh) rathen then original bloodlines. Naruto usually is pack full of those whenever I do see an RP despite the great opening for original bloodlines it usually allows. Still there are some unique jutsu that can be learned like puppeting which isn't a bloodline but rather something uniquely learned (as far as I know).

Either way I'll probably just watch the RP for now and figure if I do want to join. Not quite sure if I would, original bloodline able to be used or not. ^^;;

You see 20 thousand? Wow...I feel bad for the GMs of that game! ;p

In all seriousness, it sounds like you and I have different viewpoints, and I don't think you're hearing me on why I've chosen not to have original bloodlines in this game. If there is a good RP running to this day that allows for original, player-created bloodlines, feel free to join that one, but I'm not sure it exists.

I'll say again, originality in THIS rp comes from your character's personality and you as a writer. Also I'm working on damage limitation - the arguments that inevitably happen over various "original" (usually OP'd) bloodlines are painful and drawn-out and bog down RP.

Everyone else!

That's a lot of information, too much for me to digest over a cup of tea before I go to work! I shall get on it when I get back. One thing, Kai, glad you didn't go with the Shakugan. Seriously.

CrazyIvan, thanks for the information there! Lots to chew over. Narutopedia is going to be used a lot in the weeks to come, I feel, and is a good resource.

Revolutionist, please flesh out your char's personality and strengths weaknesses when you get a chance. Also, I didn't list the Senju clan as one of the options, but on reflection I see no reason why not given that this is an AU. Ivan has some notes on the Mokuton style as well...do we know for sure that Mokuton is a bloodline limit of the senju clan's, and every member possessed the ability? I thought this was limited to the first Hokage. Either way, I'm sure we could work around/with this.

Kita, no need to make a seperate CS for Hairomaru, the Inuzukas and their dogs usually share most of the same personalities. Just mention him as a subheading in your own personality or something.

When I get back tonight I'll start the game threads, and divide all the player characters up into teams. Also, bear in mind that you all went to the same chunin exams of course, and chances are know each other or know of each other before the RP even starts. Members of the same clan will definately know each other, as well.

EDIT: Another thing to mull over in the meantime, you'll notice I posted up some primer notes on the history of our Konoha, and I mentioned a civil war in the Mist Village. Konoha debating whether or not to get involved is meant to somewhat parallell choices countries in the West have to make when faced with conflict in a country that maybe they were hostile with only a decade prior. You as chunin won't have heard anything official, but gossip on the rumour vines will have got back to you, and various different stories of Mist's civil war will be circulating the village. As chunin as well, you'll be thinking how this may affect your missions etc. Something to think about when I get the game threads up.

CrazyIvan

In answer to the wood release question, it is not a bloodline limit presay and it requires the use of both Earth charka and water, which is a jonin rank min skill. Also it was created by the first and used only by him, the only other people to use it were copies of him so it was not a clan power. It was like the Rasengan (which is an A-rank skill) it can be taught to other, but no one is born with the power to do it, though it requires the master of two charkas and the combination of multiple techniques. This makes it a very hard technique to learn or master as it was the first hokages special jutsu, a secret that would be hard to pass on.

Revolutionist

Right, here is the improved personality and strengths/weaknesses.

Yeah in the manga/anime it was just the first Hokage, but maybe he is a direct descendant and inheirted the ability, otherwise I could change his character bio and make him a test subject like captain yamamoto.

Also about the jutsu that is his flaw, he would be able to perform few of the releases before he is at his limit.

Name: Kisuke Senju

Appearance:

Biog: Kisuke is one of the last remaining Senju clan members, so there is a lot of expectation on him to help perform and restore the dominance of their clan. Well this is what the clan elders and the majority of the men would say. However his Mum would of just liked him to live a good life, be the best Shinobi he could and show himself in the best light first and then the Senju clan second. With both of wills before him Kisuke has decided to mix both and just apply himself to be the best he can be, whilst hopefully doing the Senju clan proud.

Personality: Kisuke is just a happy go lucky type, who loves to laugh and joke with all. He is extremely modest and humble always being the biggest critic of himself. He is very loyal and a kind guy who does his best for everyone around him. He loves' ramen and has been known to spending all his money on ichiraku ramen, because they just taste so good. He has a fatal weakness women, he can't stand fighting them in combat and has been close to just letting himself lose so he doesn't hurt them. Kisuke does have an easy personality but when required he becomes very serious. Kisuke is also a closest pervert, who loves to look at womens breasts.

Strengths and flaws:

Strength: Kisuke's main strength lies in his Wood Release Ninjutsu which is unique to the Senju clan. However due the high ranking techniques Kisuke only knows very few moves.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Release:_Wood_Locking_Wall

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Release:_Smothering_Binding_Technique

But due to his current level he can only make 3 tendrils.

Flaw: Is the high level of the Wood release techniques and they amount of chakra they require, the constant use of them drains Kisuke's chakra and he can tire easily. Constant use would draw out all his chakra making him vulernable to attacks and perhaps death. Women he hates fighting them and would prefer to lose then hurt one, it is one of his biggest weaknesses and it holds him back alot. Another flaw of Kisuke is his perveness, by always being caught just staring at womens breasts or trying to get into the womens baths.
[/quote]

Ramael

Ok Ivan, I got chance to read what you've said in more detail.

I totally hear you about the possibility of starting off as "older" academy students, starting at 16. It makes a certain amount of sense. Thing is, I see advancement as taking a long time. I don't want to make people wait three times that length to get from student to jounin. When we begin, people are going to remain as chunin for a good amount of time.

The jounin with two elemental chakras thing - Shikamaru and Neji are jounin, but they don't have two different elemental chakras mastered?

Also, Revolutionist - I think most 16 year old boys have hormones rampant-your character being interested in breasts and woman parts is no different to most other male teenagers! Could you be a bit more unique, maybe think about your characters mindset and history if it helps? Sorry to be a hardass but the characters are the main thing in this story- I don't want people prioritising jutsu and bloodlines over their character's personality and history.

Revolutionist

Nah its completely fine. I think I am gonna re-model my character. I feel this will be easier for me to get my creative juices going. Hope this is better.
Name: Maki Ichinose

Appearance:

Biog: Shunsuke was an orphan from birth, his parents dying in the Great Ninja Wars. A evil ninja scientist looking to bring back the First Hokage's Kekkai Genkai, took all the orphans and started testing on them with cells from the First Hokage. Most reacted violently to the testing and died. Others survived for weeks but with serve mutations before turning into trees. The ninja scientist was frustated with all the results, he varied in treatment. He was running low on orphans, he might have to start stealing children he thought to himself. The ninja was always in the right in his mind, he wanted all the ninjutsu in the world, it was for the Konoha village, for the greater good.

The ninja eventually was on his last test baby, the tests went on for weeks and weeks. Finally results became to come through. The baby was showing signs of adapting, surviving the first hokage's cells. He had finally found someone compatable with the cells. He had done it create someone with the ability to use the first hokages techniques. But that was when he had to run, as the ANBU ninja's were on to him and he had to flee leaving all his work, he didn't even get a chance to extract the DNA and kill the child so he could keep the techniques for himself.

The child was found with all the data and he was instantly kept under wraps and taken to the Hokage, most of the senior ninja's wanted to kill the "abomination" as they put it. But the Hokage didn't allow it. This child had cells of the first hokage, it would be liking kill the first himself. He called for a top secret issue on the child, no one was to know about the tests and pretend as if the child received the abilities naturally. Allowing him a chance at a normal life.

Personality: Maki is quite distant and cold. He is extremely silent and rarely talks. He dislikes working in teams and likes to be alone. This is due to his childhood up bringing where he was constantly bullied but once he turned on the bullys harming them with something he had never done before, he was shocked. The village responded and treated him like he was a freak, too scared to approach him, so Maki just learnt to be by himself independant. Not needing anyone but himself. He gets very jealous when seeing others as a happy family, and does wish he has one but he just deals with it by withdrawing into himself and being quite and pretends as if he doesn't care. One of the few things he does like though is Ichiraku ramen and has been known to spend most his money on the ramen, it is one of the few times you will see him smile.

Strengths and flaws:

Strength: His main strength is the ability to use the first hokage's Bloodline limit, the wood release. He is also very smart and logical. He is also constantly on his guard but that is mainly due to him not trusting anyone so he constantly expecting something to stab him in the back.

Flaw: Not being from the Senju clan, he doesn't know many of the techniques with no one to teach him. So far it has been instinct and luck that has helped him. Also being so individual he doesn't know the meaning of having a team mate to back you up, and would rather act alone then act in a team which could cause him to face massive odds.

mainsnoires

Okay,
I've edited my CS on the previous page, adding some depth to the character. Let me know if things are ok or if more work is needed.
Thanks for the comment concerning the pic ^^
I didn't find a better one for what I have in mind with this character, so I will keep him that way.

I have been thinking about the jutsus that would be used in the game, and one idea popped inside my head, could it be possible to set a duration for certain jutsus, depending on the strength, experience, rank of the character ?
For example, if I speak for one of my character's technique, we could imagine that on a basic level, an opponent might be immobilized by the shadows imitation technique for 4 posts. The duration being increased with the character's advancement, and so on...?

Ramael

Sorry guys I just wrote a massive post regarding Senju and Mokuton users, but apparantly it didn't post which is frustrating. I'll get back to that and other questions later, as I don't have time to retype it now :(

CrazyIvan

Okay I can understand that view of not wanting people to have to wait to long to get to jonin, though at the same time jonin is an elite ninja and it does take a long time to be one as well as a lot of hard work. I can see starting as either Genin or Chunin and that decision is yours to make.

here is a quote from the wiki: "Jōnin (上忍, Jōnin; Literally meaning "High Ninja", Meaning (Viz) "Elite Ninja") are generally highly-experienced shinobi with great individual skill who serve as military captains. They are often sent on A-Rank missions, and experienced jōnin may even be sent on S-rank missions (which are considered to be the greatest difficulty). It is not unusual for jōnin to go on missions alone. Jōnin are generally able to use at least two types of elemental chakra, some genjutsu, and above average taijutsu skills." I think I just missed read it or miss remembered they don't have to have mastered two, but most are capable and it helps in being appointed or going through the test.

Lastly is there anything about my character I need to change or is she good?

Kaisude

I'm still joining this, I just am going to restart on Kouhei.

Scribbles

A few opinions of my own on advancement...

I really don't think anyone should stress on a means to advance beyond Chuunin at this point. The rank is pretty much the staple of the ninja-world and so will likely open up enough options to keep us all busy for some time to come. There are even times when chuunin are privy to information or missions that other jounin are not, depending on the circumstances. They also seem to have a nice array of fairly down to earth abilities. As for starting at an Academy or Genin level... I wouldn't mind if it were optional but can't say I'm keen on having it as a must. It just feels a little restrictive, both for creating and developing a character. Just my two cents...

Oh, I should probably add that I was following the conversation with a little difficulty, so I hope I haven't misinterpreted the topic.
AA and OO

Ramael

Not at all, Scrib, and in fact I see it as a great point well made.

Thus, I listen to my playerbase and decree if anyone wants to start off as Genin or student level, you may do so. I will take into account your advancement accordingly. Of course, in order to keep it 16+, your character may have been kept back a few years, joined the academy late, or any other reason you can think that your character would be a novice at 16. Naruto himself is obviously a prime example.

Again on the point the Scrib made, I'd just reiterate that no one should expect to advance to jounin any time soon.

CrazyIvan, your character is great. The only thing I'd pick out (and I'm being reeeally nitpicky here, only because it brings up a topic we haven't discussed yet) is your ability to "get out of" genjutsu. As stated in canon, most ninja can't get out of genjutsu by themselves, hence why teams are so important.

Having said that, I don't want to make any ninja with genjutsu capabilities horrendously overpowered, so in the case that a genjutsu attack is made by a player on another player, we may roll E! dice, take a democratic vote OOC, or I may use my GM powers to decide, or a mixture of all three. Does this sound fair?

Also, does anyone have thoughts on my...oh wait...that was the post that didn't post. Incoming double post!

CrazyIvan

She doesn't have a "get out of" genjutsu ability, she knows mildly how to help others get out. Also there are ways to train yourself to be more resistant to genjutsus, naruto actually goes through some of it as do most ninjas, but it is no where near perfect and if the person is stronger it is easy to get around the defense. It was more to show she has very little experience, knowledge, and aptitude for genjutsu.

Ramael

The Mokuton/Senju issue

Rev, I'd ask you to remove the "ninja scientist" bit of your history. Sorry again, but as previously stated this is an AU and the first Hokage Hashirama Senju doesn't exist and never did.

Being as you're keen on Mokuton,however, you can keep it. This is my proposed solution;

As we don't know the specifics on whether or not Mokuton is a isolated phenomenon in one ninja or spread across all those with the Senju bloodline, I propose a Hyuuga-esque split of the clan. Senju users have the potential to "activate" their Mokuton latent abilities, much like the Uchiha have the potential to awaken their Sharingan but not all do.

But in order to make all Senju equal, I'd have it this way; "Normal/baseline Senju" and "Mokuton-capable Senju". The baseline Senju have the abilities listed in the canon (paraphrased from the manga; "the lifeforce, physicial capabilities and spirit of the Six Paths Sage"), are incredibly energetic, can take far more damage than your usual ninja, and have a larger chakra pool. Added to this (because I thought the canon ability to control the Bijuu was too OP) I'd think a natural resistance to genjutsu would be fair. They don't have a specific chakra element like some bloodlines do, and if they go through elemental activation it's the same process as other ninja.

The Mokuton capable Senju branch (or Moku-Senju) have activated their wood-jutsu ability (having a natural affinity for water and earth elements), meaning they have a wealth of new jutsu at their disposal that their baseline cousins don't have access to. However, they have slightly less chakra, durability and no natural resistance to genjutsu that their cousins do.

Baseline Senju and Moku-Senju. Does this sound fair?

Revolutionist, in your case, this would mean your character is a Moku-Senju, one of the few in the village. This could be the cause for bullying when he was younger ("Get lost, tree-boy!") , so it still fits with your biog and personality.

Thoughts? I'm thinking about rolling a baseline Senju myself, actually.

Ramael

Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 27, 2011, 01:23:06 PM
She doesn't have a "get out of" genjutsu ability, she knows mildly how to help others get out. Also there are ways to train yourself to be more resistant to genjutsus, naruto actually goes through some of it as do most ninjas, but it is no where near perfect and if the person is stronger it is easy to get around the defense. It was more to show she has very little experience, knowledge, and aptitude for genjutsu.

Forgive me for misreading then, it was the part in your biog (underneath your abilities) where you say
Quote from: CrazyIvan on May 26, 2011, 08:37:09 PM

She does not know any Genjutsu techniques, only how to defend against them and get out of them.

Scribbles

Quote from: Ramael on May 27, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
Not at all, Scrib, and in fact I see it as a great point well made.

Thanks, happy to hear!  :-)

Quote from: Ramael on May 27, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
Having said that, I don't want to make any ninja with genjutsu capabilities horrendously overpowered, so in the case that a genjutsu attack is made by a player on another player, we may roll E! dice, take a democratic vote OOC, or I may use my GM powers to decide, or a mixture of all three. Does this sound fair?

Speaking for myself, I don't mind leaving it up to my opponent -- within reason. I'd rather lose a fun, active, battle than win a political or math-based one. :P
AA and OO

CrazyIvan

I can see how you might have seen it that way, I have since changed it to this:

"She does not know any Genjutsu techniques, only mildly how to defend against them and help others get out of them."

I think this would be very likely as the Byakugan does allow one to notice when some is under genjutsu, as well as Hyuga clan members have excellent charka control, due in part to their fighting style and the ability to release chakra from anywhere on their body.