Sonata's Partner Search! (Updated 11/22 with new plots)

Started by Sonata, April 21, 2019, 08:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonata

Welcome to my little search post!

A little about myself..I am a lady who wears quite a few different hats. My job? I am a stay at home mom to two beautiful kiddos. Yet here's where it gets confusing. I also am a model, singer and photographer and occasionally I will help fulfill a role in a roleplay they haven't been able to find a decent writer for. Each is great, has its merits and puts food on the table.
I've been roleplaying for years, way back to AOL days. I also LARP when I have the extra time. A LARP is roleplaying, but you are physically out there fighting the battles through various means. Your skills are somewhat number based but a lot relies on the player themselves. In short..I run around in the woods in full costume with my scrolls and try not to get jumped on the pitch black trails at state parks. I love it and have been doing it since I was 18.
In short a lot of my life is wrapped up in the stories in my head or the heads of plot staff.
I am a literate partner who you can expect a good but of detail from. I don't tend to count paragraph lengths but I won't fill a post with fluff for length, however I love to give a visual description that you can (hopefully) envision yourself. I don't expect you to write my way, nor match my length. But at least give me more than a few sentences to work with, dialogue being the exception.
I am cool with short term or long term partners, and I can play either with smut little story or something more epic and built upon.
My f-list can be found here: https://www.f-list.net/c/sonata%20dances
I will happily inform you of soft/hard limits within a story if you need clarification.
Main plotline interests are in my off forum post. I can do those through Discord or vice versa. Obviously this specific post is for forum based play.

I will add plotlines as I create them. I do usually have a few back up ideas or loose themes available.
A Life Unlived
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is a high fantasy rp that is story heavy.
For eons humans had sought to control and command the magic that ran rampant around them, some sought power..others to help make the world a better place.
Our story begins almost a century earlier, where a sorcerer had the dream to create a human that was the living embodiment of nature's fury. He worked endlessly for decades, his works hidden from the Kingdom of Lyone and it's people. Had they known what horrors were being carried out underneath their feet they may have stopped the suffering and subsequent death of hundreds of children. You see..Keiran was by all accounts an honorable man, well respected and a loyal servant to his king. But not everything is as it seems.
Keiran began pulling in and helping to improve the lives of the lower class by sending their children away to be schooled so they would rise above the dirt roads they had called home.
When the children lost contact with their parents..it was to be expected..they were off into the world on their own. No one was any the wiser for many years, when parents who had held fast to their beliefs refused to send off their children. So..he spirited away the lost and forgotten ones, the hungry eyes that stared at anyone in the market in hopes of getting a morsel of food. There were times they fought over scraps like animals..the orphaned children were a problem, and the king wanted them to not be a stain on his lovely capital.
Over 250 children eventually died at his hands, their little bodies eaten alive by the magic that he poured into them, dying slow and painful deaths as the others watched..knowing they were next.
But one little girl changed it all. She was just another one of those hungry little demons he'd removed from the streets..the stupid child endlessly offering herself up for the painful rituals if only her friends would be spared. As far as she knew..they were. But no matter how much magic he pooled into this scrap of a girl, she fought on..always begging him to take her instead. This went on for over a decade, torture so horrific she could no longer scream by the end of the night.
But the magic accepted her..at a price. For nothing comes without payment.
Thus: Keiran had created a girl who was the very essence of water. It's healing..it's wrath, the ice that cut like glass. The fury of the ocean behind those now vivid blue eyes. But there was something Keiran didn't take into account. Balance. Magic will and always has found balance.
Her balance was something that made even the sorcerer take heed when she wasn't in the trance he kept her in to study her and see what she was capable of.
He had no idea what he was about to unleash on the world. Perhaps if he did he would have thought twice before letting her live. (Other fun details can be figured out in play! Open to ideas, but I do have a plotline in mind for her)

The crime of your birth.
When your father rules over most of the known kingdoms and keeps a host of wives and consorts, you find yourself surrounded by a sea of enemies all vying for one man's attention. Being born with magic is a death sentence. Yet when Aurora is found to have inherited magic she is forced to watch her mother killed alongside her siblings. But she could be put to use, left to be one of his pawns..for sale to the highest bidder. Will she find the safety she seeks, or be tossed into another nightmare?

**I have several concepts in mind as well, that go along the lines of brother /sister relationships. Full write up will be done this week sometime. Setting would be medieval fantasy**
So if you want to start something, message me!

You'll never find what you've been searching for
Something to fill the void
And make up for all of those missing pieces of you
Like I could only dream to do

Cross the oceans in my mind. Find the strength to say goodbye
Everything that we believed in was a lie

Sonata

Bump and link to more plotlines: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=301981.msg15040265#msg15040265

A couple others that I have partially fleshed out that involve siblings that find themselves at the wrong end of the favor of their father, the Emperor after their mother is murdered. Would like to flesh this one out with a partner as it would be world building.

Also looking for some good old fashioned literate smut stories. Trying the non-con type stuff for now. :)

Sonata

The price of a life
Setting: High Fantasy/ Medieval or pre 1500's

Magic is finite. It cannot be created from nothing but must always be taken from what already exists. For this reason families who were gifted with magic in the days before the war grasp onto it tightly. Families either have the spark die out by sharing it with all of their offspring, or the families who focus entirely on keeping that spark of magic pure and undiluted. This is done through arranged marriages and a strict limit on the number of children born to any couple.
That brings us to one of the most powerful mage families ever to walk the earth, generation upon generation marrying to keep the magic bright and strong. The Malden family is known world wide for their finesse, using both knowledge and raw talent to achieve things previously thought impossible.
Yet the family holds a secret. They were cursed with twins. In these cases the weakest usually dies in the womb of shortly after birth since the strongest will consume the anomaly magic. These weaker twins are simply called anomalies, for they seem to live on magic alone. If they were to loose their magic, their loves are forfeit. In those that live this means a life of pain, constant illness and weakness. It is believed that these children have no quality of life..thus they are often sacrificed if they live to the age where they can freely give their magic to their stronger sibling. While the loss of a child is heartbreaking, some families take comfort in knowing a part of their child lives on in their surviving offspring.
When the two Malden twins were born, the strong child was obvious. Screaming and crying in anger at being pulled into the bright loud world. Yet..the youngest girl came into the world silent, tiny and as delicate as a flower. The debate immediately became if they would stick the weak girl out into the snow and let nature take its course, or if they would permit her life. The debate lasted weeks, while the eldest grew stronger, the younger seemed to be stable. Even if her life were as fragile as a candle flame, none who looked into her beautiful amethyst eyes could condemn her.
As the years passed she had her ups and downs, yet ultimately she grew stronger. And people quickly realized why these anomalies were killed off young. There was something other worldly about her, something no mere human could ever realize. A kindness and gentleness that could break through the toughest of critics, that endeared strangers to her almost immediately.
But..when it was just her and her brother..the truth often came tumbling from her lips. Begging him to go through with the ceremony, to prove that she bad a use in this world. To end her pain..her suffering once and for all. He was the only one who knew the true toll of her existence on her body. She often said it felt as if her soul were ripping apart her flesh to strengthen his magic.
But how does a brother who had come to adore and cherish..even love his other half, even begin to think he could end her life? In the end..her blood would end up on his hands. And he knew she would die with a smile on her lips, thanking him.

Sonata

Quote from: Sonata on April 21, 2019, 08:05:55 PM
Welcome to my little search post!

A little about myself..I am a lady who wears quite a few different hats. My job? I am a stay at home mom to two beautiful kiddos. Yet here's where it gets confusing. I also am a model, singer and photographer and occasionally I will help fulfill a role in a roleplay they haven't been able to find a decent writer for. Each is great, has its merits and puts food on the table.
I've been roleplaying for years, way back to AOL days. I also LARP when I have the extra time. A LARP is roleplaying, but you are physically out there fighting the battles through various means. Your skills are somewhat number based but a lot relies on the player themselves. In short..I run around in the woods in full costume with my scrolls and try not to get jumped on the pitch black trails at state parks. I love it and have been doing it since I was 18.
In short a lot of my life is wrapped up in the stories in my head or the heads of plot staff.
I am a literate partner who you can expect a good but of detail from. I don't tend to count paragraph lengths but I won't fill a post with fluff for length, however I love to give a visual description that you can (hopefully) envision yourself. I don't expect you to write my way, nor match my length. But at least give me more than a few sentences to work with, dialogue being the exception.
I am cool with short term or long term partners, and I can play either with smut little story or something more epic and built upon.
My f-list can be found here: https://www.f-list.net/c/sonata%20dances
I will happily inform you of soft/hard limits within a story if you need clarification.
Main plotline interests are in my off forum post. I can do those through Discord or vice versa. Obviously this specific post is for forum based play.

I will add plotlines as I create them. I do usually have a few back up ideas or loose themes available.
A Life Unlived

This is a high fantasy rp that is story heavy.
For eons humans had sought to control and command the magic that ran rampant around them, some sought power..others to help make the world a better place.
Our story begins almost a century earlier, where a sorcerer had the dream to create a human that was the living embodiment of nature's fury. He worked endlessly for decades, his works hidden from the Kingdom of Lyone and it's people. Had they known what horrors were being carried out underneath their feet they may have stopped the suffering and subsequent death of hundreds of children. You see..Keiran was by all accounts an honorable man, well respected and a loyal servant to his king. But not everything is as it seems.
Keiran began pulling in and helping to improve the lives of the lower class by sending their children away to be schooled so they would rise above the dirt roads they had called home.
When the children lost contact with their parents..it was to be expected..they were off into the world on their own. No one was any the wiser for many years, when parents who had held fast to their beliefs refused to send off their children. So..he spirited away the lost and forgotten ones, the hungry eyes that stared at anyone in the market in hopes of getting a morsel of food. There were times they fought over scraps like animals..the orphaned children were a problem, and the king wanted them to not be a stain on his lovely capital.
Over 250 children eventually died at his hands, their little bodies eaten alive by the magic that he poured into them, dying slow and painful deaths as the others watched..knowing they were next.
But one little girl changed it all. She was just another one of those hungry little demons he'd removed from the streets..the stupid child endlessly offering herself up for the painful rituals if only her friends would be spared. As far as she knew..they were. But no matter how much magic he pooled into this scrap of a girl, she fought on..always begging him to take her instead. This went on for over a decade, torture so horrific she could no longer scream by the end of the night.
But the magic accepted her..at a price. For nothing comes without payment.
Thus: Keiran had created a girl who was the very essence of water. It's healing..it's wrath, the ice that cut like glass. The fury of the ocean behind those now vivid blue eyes. But there was something Keiran didn't take into account. Balance. Magic will and always has found balance.
Her balance was something that made even the sorcerer take heed when she wasn't in the trance he kept her in to study her and see what she was capable of.
He had no idea what he was about to unleash on the world. Perhaps if he did he would have thought twice before letting her live. (Other fun details can be figured out in play! Open to ideas, but I do have a plotline in mind for her)

The crime of your birth.
When your father rules over most of the known kingdoms and keeps a host of wives and consorts, you find yourself surrounded by a sea of enemies all vying for one man's attention. Being born with magic is a death sentence. Yet when Aurora is found to have inherited magic she is forced to watch her mother killed alongside her siblings. But she could be put to use, left to be one of his pawns..for sale to the highest bidder. Will she find the safety she seeks, or be tossed into another nightmare?

**I have several concepts in mind as well, that go along the lines of brother /sister relationships. Full write up will be done this week sometime. Setting would be medieval fantasy**
So if you want to start something, message me!