Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

This is true....for now, we'll stick to one more male and one more female, and if we get that male, we'll open up the "Buffer" Male Slot. :P

In any case, if you would like to pitch a Female character, Snorkle, go ahead!

and LOL, glad to see we had a good impact, Lynnie! :D :P Starting with the original and working your way through? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Lynnie on June 08, 2016, 02:58:01 PM
I am so glad I got into this game. I am actually just starting to rewatch the series with my mini man. We are home while he is recovering from being icky sicky

Except last time she tried she got halfway through season 2 and got bored
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

pendarious

Name: Tomoya Aizawa
Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Tomoya stands at five feet ten inches tall. His pale skin and silver hair often gets him mistaken for a foreigner (which is only half true) He has silver hair that usually sticks to his head pretty well hanging loosely. His dark eyes often disturb people. He is also rather slender and moves slowly.

Personality: Tomoya appears to be drowsy and unfocused but in reality he is constantly anilyzing things around him. He is fairly friendly and tries to be a bit of a goof ball. That apparent drowsyness does slow him down however. He is fond of classical music and artwork. The way people sometimes treat him has given him a slightly more cynical outlook but he tries to hide it behind the cheery mask.

Background: Tomoya was born the son of a History professor at Tokyo University and a Historian from Russia. His parents were often gone on archeological digs or Historical speaking tours so he was often left home with his grandparents. His grandparents were kind, loving, and doting. It was discovered when he was five years old that he had a light case of anemia hence his overly pale complexion (even with his Russian heratige) and often slow movement despite his otherwise healthy appearence. He was often pitied more than bullied in school so he had many "friends" though he was well aware of the truth.

His junior high years were roughly the same as his elementary years in regards to his interactions with others. He turned to his studies and music in order to comfort himself. His parents usually only came home twice a year the first time was for his birthday and the second was for christmas but otherwise it was just he and his grandparents. He didn't mind however as he simply kept himself busy with his own affairs not bothering the elederly grandparents. His grandparents passed away when he was fifteen but by then he was old enough to take care of himself so he was simply left home alone. He had learned how to do housework and gardening from his gradnparents so of course he made it more of a hobby to do those things now that his caregivers were gone.

High school seemed to be proving roguhly the same now as his already relatively uninteresting life. He was showing his academic capabilities far surpassed his physical ones. He was exceptionally dilligent in his studies of history and both foreign and local cultures. Still he was simply preparing for University when something mysterious occurred in his life.

Relationships with other characters (If Applicable): none at the moment

Relationship Status: Open and possibly looking

Starter Digimon: Please leave blank for now.

Theme Song: (TBA)

Writing Sample: Moving through the crowd was tiring and he found himself slowly nodding off a bit as he stood at the base of the stairs of the subway station. "Why did I have to pick the earliest train for this trip?" he muttered to himself. Tomoya found himself staring at the train as it pulled in this was to take him over to one of the metropolitan areas that was close to a museum he often visited. Today they had a new exhibit consisting of some Sumarian artifacts that his parents had unearthed the previous year. He boarded the train as quickly as his sluggish movement would allow. He soon found himself staring out the train window as the machine sped off down the line to it's destination. "was it Nagano or Ikebukuro?" he muttered to himself trying to remember where he was getting off the train.

When he finally remembered it was a matter of luck that he noticed his stop at all. He almost fell off of the train as he rushed himself forward in order to get off without catching anything in the door. He was soon on his way to the museum. he was making his way through the crowd once more much to his chagrin. Tomoya really didn't like large crowds due to the constant pushing and body heat making things more unbearable than they needed to be. Still he reminded himself that this was all for the sake of seeing his parents discoveries so that he could study them and then get in contact with his parents and discuss with them at length sharing his opinions as well as hearing theirs. IF it were not for his obsession with history and foreign cultures he wouldn't have dragged himself out here today or so he kept telling himself.

Finally he reached the door of the museum and made his way in. "Ah how refreshing the air conditioner feels" he remarked as he entered the building with a wave of cold air washing over him. The day was still young of course and he had a lot of research to do after seeing the artifacts he was looking for. As he was walking he felt the floor dissappear out from under him as a bright blinding flash of light burst out in front of him "What the?" was all he could get out before all faded to black
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

pendarious

ok that layout makes it look shorter than I thought.....eh well no matter I guess
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Lynnie

Quote from: Kiric Rand on June 08, 2016, 03:09:34 PM
Except last time she tried she got halfway through season 2 and got bored

I admit yes but mini is loving it so I may have a chance

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey! So, one question...you say he's "drowsy looking and a bit of a goofball, but always analysing the area around him." Which would you say is the most defining part of his personality? Is he ACTUALLY a goofball, or is that just a façade? And how closely does he analyse things? I mean, he is only 18 years old, and we already have a cool, aloof intellect. :P So which would you say is the most defining part of his personality?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil1989

In either event, I like him Pendarious.  ;D  Tomoya seems rather interesting even if he is a bit more of a goofball or not, depending on what direction you end up going.

As for me, now that I'm thinking about it again, if someone DOES end up doing my Digimon, I hope they don't mind if they're female like my character is.  Beyond that, and the fact said Digimon would likely be more humanoid ish than anything, like Renamon to name the only one that keeps popping up off the top of my head lol, (sue me, I like that foxy lady but I'm not against other ideas lol,) personality wise I'm pretty open ended.  If no one ends up helping with the Digimon though, I can handle it until a willing partner shows up.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 08, 2016, 03:01:44 PM
This is true....for now, we'll stick to one more male and one more female, and if we get that male, we'll open up the "Buffer" Male Slot. :P

In any case, if you would like to pitch a Female character, Snorkle, go ahead!

Alrighty! I will see what I can come up with! Thank you!

- Rainbow ♥

pendarious

he does GENUINELY TRY to be goofy but his past experiances with people may actually cause his humor to fall a bit flat and on the cynical side. He is a historian at heart so he anylizes things to the extent of his curiosity so he could only briefly anylize something or spend time extensively anylizing it. it all depends on how much it fascinates him. He is also GENUINELY friendly.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 08, 2016, 03:25:38 PM
(sue me, I like that foxy lady but I'm not against other ideas lol,)

Jesus, behave for ONE page! :P

Quote from: pendarious on June 08, 2016, 03:29:41 PM
he does GENUINELY TRY to be goofy but his past experiances with people may actually cause his humor to fall a bit flat and on the cynical side. He is a historian at heart so he anylizes things to the extent of his curiosity so he could only briefly anylize something or spend time extensively anylizing it. it all depends on how much it fascinates him. He is also GENUINELY friendly.

Ok, so, if he doesn't find it immediately interesting, he doesn't bother? So he only pokes and prods if it's curious to him?
I'm just concerned about doubling up too much on the personality side, is all. I mean, we already have a Male Intellectual, so I don't want them to overlap TOO much. :P Which is why I'm trying to get a feel for what his personality is like. :-)

Vergil1989

No, I don't want to!  'Stomps my foot and throws a temper tantrum.'  I feel better now lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

pendarious

it's alright I understand. So yes you are right if he doesn't find it immediately interesting he doesn't bother with it but if he is interested then he will definitely poke and prod at it.

Vergil1989

Kind of like a less dicky version of Izzy from the original series oddly enough.  ;D

Vergil Tanner

Lynnie

I need to find a digimon for my lady >.> Anyone know of something that would work for a girl who loves fantasy like a dragon, knight in shining armor type, or even a fairy type of digimon?

pendarious

Vergil1989

Piximon comes to mind right away, although he's more of a guy than a gal from a canon standpoint.  He's still cool though, served as a trainer to the Digidestined for a couple of episodes when Etemon popped up.

Vergil Tanner

So what DOES interest Tomoya? What sort of thing captures his interest, and what sorta thing bores him?

Lynnie:

Well, now seems as good a time as any to start chatting about our Digimon...so, what kind of personality do you reckon would both compliment and contrast your character? What similarities and differences do you see them having? For example, what strengths do you think she could pass to her Partner, and what weaknesses do you think she has that could be covered by her Partner? Since in the series the point was that both of them grew as individuals, what do you think they could learn from each other, and what do you think they could learn together? And how would you best describe her interests and personality in a short list? I have some Fairy-Types and Knightly-Types in mind, I just need your thoughts on your characters personal growth to narrow down my suggestions. :-)

And that goes for the rest of you! Post your thoughts here, and we can start bandying suggestions around! :D

Lynnie

Actually I have found the perfect one for my girl. He has the right look for her. Also I did find someone willing to play my Digimon if that is okay.

pendarious

Tomoya is interested in history, music, architecture, culture, and art. he is easily annoyed by arrogant people and those who lack an understanding in his interestests. So in regards to this digital world he'll definitely be questioning digimon about their cultures and trying to study their architecture while not really caring much for the terrain around them (unless they are in battle then he'll pay attention to that) and he's easily bored with silence.

Lynnie

Sorcerimon

Sorcerimon is the first one that seemed like he would be exactly what she would need. He could be her guide into realizing that fantasy isn't where she should live. Sorcerimon is just like Wizarmon except the clothing.

Vergil1989

Admitting that she's afraid, that she doesn't like feeling weak and does her best not to show it at all times, thus she's liable to take unnecessary risks just to prove she can do something.  I figure Kayla would be kind of hotheaded, but when her guard drops and those around her sees her without the 'tough girl' mask she's crafted, since her outer appearance is just a mask on its own, despite her kindness and willingness to lend honest aid to those around her, they'd see the 'scared little girl' she sees herself as.  My reasoning then, is that it's just a matter of making her believe otherwise.  She truly IS strong, she just doesn't believe it herself.  And that she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  Just coming to terms with what she endured as a kid would go a long way to achieve that I figure.  Her Digimon partner might have to be the calm, cool one in their relationship oddly enough since I figure Kayla would be prone to the occasional outbursts under stressful situations and circumstances.

And that's actually a pretty good idea Lynnie.  ;D  I like him, and Wizardmon was pretty cool.  I hated it when he got killed.

Lynnie

I do too. I spent time reading about ones who I thought would fit ith what I would need for her and the person I am talking to about playing my digimon for me

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: pendarious on June 08, 2016, 03:56:14 PM
Tomoya is interested in history, music, architecture, culture, and art. he is easily annoyed by arrogant people and those who lack an understanding in his interests. So in regards to this digital world he'll definitely be questioning digimon about their cultures and trying to study their architecture while not really caring much for the terrain around them (unless they are in battle then he'll pay attention to that) and he's easily bored with silence.

Ok, so, what do you think he could learn from his Digimon, and what do you think his Digimon could learn from him? And did you have any specific "types" or looks that you wanted to have?

Quote from: Lynnie on June 08, 2016, 03:58:49 PM
Sorcerimon

Sorcerimon is the first one that seemed like he would be exactly what she would need. He could be her guide into realizing that fantasy isn't where she should live. Sorcerimon is just like Wizarmon except the clothing.

Ok, so, interesting choice...but obviously, all choices need to be approved by me to be final, so...he can teach her to come out of her shell and stop living in fantasy...what might he learn from her? And how do you see their personalities both complimenting and contrasting each other?

Also, remember that these Digimon don't start at Champion Level - which is what Sorcerimon is - they start at Trainee level, so she wouldn't be starting out with Sorcerimon, nor would he be her Digimon's "Final Form."

Also also, don't take for red that the other person will definitely get through...they still need to be approved by moi. :P

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 08, 2016, 04:02:03 PM
Admitting that she's afraid, that she doesn't like feeling weak and does her best not to show it at all times, thus she's liable to take unnecessary risks just to prove she can do something.  I figure Kayla would be kind of hotheaded, but when her guard drops and those around her sees her without the 'tough girl' mask she's crafted, since her outer appearance is just a mask on its own, despite her kindness and willingness to lend honest aid to those around her, they'd see the 'scared little girl' she sees herself as.  My reasoning then, is that it's just a matter of making her believe otherwise.  She truly IS strong, she just doesn't believe it herself.  And that she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  Just coming to terms with what she endured as a kid would go a long way to achieve that I figure.  Her Digimon partner might have to be the calm, cool one in their relationship oddly enough since I figure Kayla would be prone to the occasional outbursts under stressful situations and circumstances.

Ok....so you see her having to learn patience and control of her temper, but the Digimon would also learn how to put some passion into what they're doing, and that cool intellect and collection are nothing without drive and fire and passion when it's needed? That they're both complimentary to each other, when used in equal doses, but harmful when one tries to dominate the other?

Vergil1989

Exactly.  ;D  Glad one of us could put it into words since I was having trouble doing so lol.  But yeah, the whole ying yang mentality.  ;D