Shout box changes

Started by Cherri Tart, March 02, 2009, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri Tart

ok, so... why can't i use the SB anymore? is it me?
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Have you tried refreshing or logging out and then back in.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Cherri Tart

i'll try... thanks Silver :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

no... it hates me... i am silenced...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 02, 2009, 01:37:20 PM
no... it hates me... i am silenced...

Hmm..

I don't know what else to tell you other than to try and wait it out.. many things are different so Veks might already know about it.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Cherri Tart

Veki did this on purpose to shut me up! *pouts* i just KNOW it! *giggles*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 02, 2009, 01:42:19 PM
Veki did this on purpose to shut me up! *pouts* i just KNOW it! *giggles*

*offers her a cookie thinking it might help for the time being*

Greenthorn

My tiny SB!!  The picture has actually enlarged the text...strange!!

Bliss

I can't post to or view the shoutbox either, Cherri, so believe me it's not Vek being out to get you.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

WyldRanger

Quote from: Bliss on March 02, 2009, 03:06:42 PM
I can't post to or view the shoutbox either, Cherri, so believe me it's not Vek being out to get you.

Unless he's out to get you BOTH! *evil smirk*

DavidLandry

I am able to see the ShoutBox a short moment when I open a thread or the like, but then I get the message
QuoteShout Box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

jouzinka

Maybe it could be helpful, guys, if you listed your browser and perhaps even the platform you have (as in Linux, Mac, Windows). That could help track/exclude possible faults. :)

Or maybe not and I'm finally completely nuts. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

DavidLandry

Oh right .. Windows XP - SP2 ... Browser is Google Chrome atm.

Caeli

Quote from: jouzinka on March 02, 2009, 04:33:59 PM
Maybe it could be helpful, guys, if you listed your browser and perhaps even the platform you have (as in Linux, Mac, Windows). That could help track/exclude possible faults. :)

Or maybe not and I'm finally completely nuts. ;D

Browser and Version # (can be found at Help > About IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome/etc.)
Operating system / OS (Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.)
Version of OS (using Microsoft as an example, XP, Vista, 2000, 1998, etc.)

Also, check to make sure that you have the latest updates for whatever you have? That might or might not also be the problem.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Prefect Mos

Well I didn't even see the SB till i refreshed my DNS cache, have no idea why the hell that worked. And I wasn't able to post till I went into No Script in Firefox and reauthorized this site. If your running any sort of Adaware, or Script Blocking software or addons, you might try reautherising E .

Cherri Tart

i have window XP - the rest is all some sort of foreign language to me... *sighs* i'll ask the girl tomorrow, she might know....

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Bliss on March 02, 2009, 03:06:42 PM

*clings and hugs*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Bliss

It wasn't working for me until I switched to a different browser; today, I had to start up my laptop fresh because I didn't get it plugged in when I got it home, and now the sb is working on my usual browser.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Vekseid

It was a domain name issue, Chrome was being dumb.

Cherri Tart

*shrugs* looks likie i'm out of luck - it just doesn't like something about my set up - oh, well, such is life. 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Dawg

Well the best thing I like about the Shoutbox is that little plus/minus Icon to the upper right corner of the page, worked before the change and still works today.  It also explains why I am not seen in there very often .....

*Snuggles Cherri*
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Stattick

Damn... the shoutbox is dead, and so is the history file (apparently)...

Now I will never know if my last attempted shoutbox message made it in the nick of time before the incredible dimensional energies employed by our very own temporal mage, Vekseid, closed the rift... Did anyone see it? Or is it lost forever in another dimension now? In a million years in another dimension, will some alien archeaologist struggle to understand the meaning of, "Pasties are... um... sort of like British hot pockets"?
O/O   A/A

Silver

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Now I will never know if my last attempted shoutbox message made it in the nick of time before the incredible dimensional energies employed by our very own temporal mage, Vekseid, closed the rift... Did anyone see it? Or is it lost forever in another dimension now? In a million years in another dimension, will some alien archeaologist struggle to understand the meaning of, "Pasties are... um... sort of like British hot pockets"?

*can't help but giggle a bit*

Apple of Eris

So THAT's what pasties are. Now I feel complete.

*runs off before hijacking serious threads further*

And don't deprive me of my wife Mr. Veks! *weeps*
Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work getting things all fixed and spiffy Mr V. :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Valerian

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 08:22:57 PM

Actually, they are sort of like British hot pockets!  Well, Cornish hot pockets.  Heh.  Don't worry, Apple, no one from PA seems to know what they are.  I think they're a midwest thing... though that doesn't explain how Stattick knows about them...

I like the idea of confusing the archaeologists, though.  *nods*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bliss

I saw... this;

The shoutbox stares also into me!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Apple of Eris

Bliss: I saw the same thing! But with me.

Valerian: Are you polling people from PA about Pasties? :)
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 03, 2009, 08:32:09 PM
Valerian: Are you polling people from PA about Pasties? :)
Only very informally.  Heh.  An ex of mine is from Philly, and when he moved to Wisconsin, he was highly doubtful about these pasty things... and now that my brother's moved to Philly, he has a hard time finding anyone who knows what he's talking about.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Dawg

Pasties are a meat, potatoe and carrot mix wrapped in a dough similar to pie crust.  They were made for the finish minors in Michigans Upper Peninsula mines and were reheated or even cooked using makeshift stove with the candles from their helmets.

I grew up on them and they are still a favorite treeat of mine when I go visit my Mum

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

So basically, we got a traffic spike, and Elliquiy went from serving sixty requests per second to trying to serve a hundred... and it died >_>

Will try the AjaxChat integration here tonight. Hopefully it will be a bit more forgiving on our poor machine. I can also perform some additional optimizations.

Valerian

Wow.  Stattick really DID kill the shoutbox!  O.O
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Apple of Eris

*blinks* So philly lost an Ex and gained a brother. I hope it was a good trade!

So wait, finish miners from cornwall in michigan ate these things after cooking them with a candle?
I am so not eating one, ever.

Whee! Hey Mr Veks, is the Ajax thing going to be auto-refresh like the SB ver 2.0 or will it e a self-serve like before?

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Valerian

They don't cook them over candles anymore, silly.  Heh.  Besides, I survived trying scrapple, so you should survive trying a pasty.

I just hope it scrolls the old way.  I was getting dizzy with it moving the other direction...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 08:28:15 PM
Actually, they are sort of like British hot pockets!  Well, Cornish hot pockets.  Heh.  Don't worry, Apple, no one from PA seems to know what they are.  I think they're a midwest thing... though that doesn't explain how Stattick knows about them...

I like the idea of confusing the archaeologists, though.  *nods*

Stattick knows many things. He is a dreamer, shaper, singer, and maker. He knows the true secrets, the important things, 14 words to make someone fall in love with you forever. 7 words to make them go without pain or say good-bye to a friend who is dying. How to be poor. How to be rich. How to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them.
O/O   A/A

Apple of Eris

Scrapple is... interesting. Not my cup of tea but you know, if you like ground up... everything pressed into a brick and fried... *turns kind of green*

so it's meat, potatoes, and carrots in pie crust served with gravy? Sounds like a pot pie and from the pictire I just saw looks like a calzone. You midwestern people are odd :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vekseid

Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 03, 2009, 08:46:23 PM
Whee! Hey Mr Veks, is the Ajax thing going to be auto-refresh like the SB ver 2.0 or will it e a self-serve like before?

Ajax == auto-refresh.

Valerian

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 08:55:12 PM
Stattick knows many things. He is a dreamer, shaper, singer, and maker. He knows the true secrets, the important things, 14 words to make someone fall in love with you forever. 7 words to make them go without pain or say good-bye to a friend who is dying. How to be poor. How to be rich. How to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them.

Val needs to know if Stattick is willing to share this varied and fascinating knowledge...
Quote from: Apple of Eris on March 03, 2009, 08:58:44 PM

Scrapple is... interesting. Not my cup of tea but you know, if you like ground up... everything pressed into a brick and fried... *turns kind of green*

so it's meat, potatoes, and carrots in pie crust served with gravy? Sounds like a pot pie and from the pictire I just saw looks like a calzone. You midwestern people are odd :)
I found scrapple pretty icky myself, I have to admit.

It isn't always served with gravy; I've seen it with ketchup or butter as well.  I guess it does look like a calzone, but I knew what pasties were well before I ever saw one of those.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vekseid

The last sixteen messages were:

Valerian *dances and smooches*
GrapeTootsiePop *sniffles* buh bye San Bernadino
Valerian *offers last rites for the SB*
Inkidu Be thankful you didn't use a C-note Val
Apple of Eris Poor ShoutBox Mark II. We hardly knew ye
Apple of Eris glares at Ink "Hush you!"
Sir Wolfgang what's replacing it?
Marguerite Sweet
Apple of Eris ME!
Sir Wolfgang sweet
Stattick railgun that shoots flaming chainsaw chucks shotguns
Sir Wolfgang plays the bagpipes
Oniya We will rebuild it. We have the technology. It will be stronger, faster...
GrapeTootsiePop *sobs*
Apple of Eris Veks has the patience
Apple of Eris the insanity

Apple of Eris

I swear there were more after that Mr. V :)

Stuff about pasties. But I kinda like having the last word otherwise! *giggles*

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Chou chou rheastar

ehehehe pasties.... anyway...SB wont work for me either. I have Firefox, using a Mac..dunno if that matters.

Apple of Eris

Won't work for anyone right now, till he sets up a new one :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Dawg

So wait, finish miners from cornwall in michigan ate these things after cooking them with a candle?

Copper Country Pasties

* Pastry: 3 c. flour
    * 1 1/2 sticks butter (cold and cut into bits)
    * 1 1/2 tsp. salt
    * 6 tbsp. water

In a large bowl, combine flour, butter and salt. Blend ingredients until well combined and add water, one tablespoon at a time to form a dough. Toss mixture until it forms a ball. Kneed dough lightly against a smooth surface with heel of the hand to distribute fat evenly. Form into a ball, dust with flour, wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes.

* Filling: 1 lb. round steak, coursely ground
    * 1 lb. boneless pork loin, coursely ground
    * 5 carrots, chopped
    * 2 lg. onions, chopped
    * 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
    * 1/2 c. rutabaga, chopped (can substitute turnip)
    * 2 tsp. salt
    * 1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Devide the dough into 6 pieces, and roll one of the pieces into a 10-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Put 1 1/2 cups of filling on half of the round. Moisten the edges and fold the unfilled half over the filling to enclose it. Pinch the edges together to seal them and crimp them decoratively with a fork. Transfer pasty to lightly buttered baking sheet and cut several slits in the top. Roll out and fill the remaining dough in the same manner. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Put 1 tsp. butter through a slit in each pasty and continue baking for 30 minutes more. Remove from oven, cover with a damp tea towel, cool for 15 minutes.

Miners used to bring pasties into the copper mines and heat them on a shovel with a candle underneath.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Silver

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 09:37:26 PM
Copper Country Pasties

*snip*

Writes that down and makes plans to make those at some point during April.

Stattick

So, it looks like Valerian, who rarely posts in the SB, got the last post of the old SB... Dancing and smooching as the SB burned, like Nero fiddling to Rome burning. It's an image I shall cherish.
O/O   A/A

Oniya

Well, they were fully cooked at home, then reheated over the candle.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Valerian

Oh.  I guess I did, even though there were supposed to be more posts after that.  Wow.

Well, what the heck.  *dances and smooches some more, in honor of the dearly departed backwards shoutbox*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Vekseid

There were eight thousand messages.

In 32 hours... insane.

Caeli

Quote from: Dawg on March 03, 2009, 09:37:26 PM
Copper Country Pasties

You should send this to Aiden for the Recipes article. :) It sounds delicious!

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 10:16:57 PM

In 32 hours... insane.

... wow. o.o;
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Valerian

Quote from: Vekseid on March 03, 2009, 10:16:57 PM

In 32 hours... insane.
So... that means we talk too much?

*sobs*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Quote from: Valerian on March 03, 2009, 10:24:41 PM
So... that means we talk too much?

*sobs*

Quit your jibber jabber says Mr. T! I Pity The Fool

Oh, and here's the vid I used that brought the SB to a crashing halt until Vek restarted it a few minutes later. It was in response to Moon offering to share her chicken pot pie with the SB.  :)

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Pie

It's from one of the funniest episodes of Just Shoot Me! that ever aired, called "Slow Donnie". Slow Donnie was the the photographer's brother (Elliot). He fell out of a tree when he was a kid, got whacked in the head, and has been "slow" ever since. The only thing is, it's just an act, and he's just been mooching off of his family for the last 10 years.

Oh, I found a clip on TBS's site. (Slow loading though)
http://www.tbs.com/video/index/#/all-video/shows/just-shoot-me/129095
O/O   A/A

Vekseid

One of the advantages of not going with a thoroughly integrated solution is that it doesn't need to actually try to act like a forum and say, open up videos when someone links to them >_>

Josietta

I always thought pasties were those things strippers wore over their nips. >.>

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Cherri Tart

ha! at least i'm not the only one who can't use it now! *grins*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Scott

Bliss

Quote from: Stattick on March 03, 2009, 11:00:54 PM
Quit your jibber jabber says Mr. T! I Pity The Fool

Oh, and here's the vid I used that brought the SB to a crashing halt until Vek restarted it a few minutes later. It was in response to Moon offering to share her chicken pot pie with the SB.  :)

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Pie

It's from one of the funniest episodes of Just Shoot Me! that ever aired, called "Slow Donnie". Slow Donnie was the the photographer's brother (Elliot). He fell out of a tree when he was a kid, got whacked in the head, and has been "slow" ever since. The only thing is, it's just an act, and he's just been mooching off of his family for the last 10 years.

Oh, I found a clip on TBS's site. (Slow loading though)
http://www.tbs.com/video/index/#/all-video/shows/just-shoot-me/129095

You're sure it's not just an act so it can mooch off you?

Quote from: Josietta on March 04, 2009, 02:27:25 AM

Me too!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Dawg

Quote from: Josietta on March 04, 2009, 02:27:25 AM

Of course they are, you can wear these pasties too only just not as smexy .... edible though (always look for the positive)
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Far eyes

Help its really big and will not stop making odd noises :P

Also you can see the chats while not lagged in, witch I think you normally couldn’t
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Cherri Tart

*pokes* been trying to post all morning, just post! won't let me... see if this works, oh, and my PMs are F'ed up too now... keep getting this message....

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

over and over and over and over...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Valerian

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 04, 2009, 03:07:08 AM
put me in charge of everything *keeps straight face*
*crowns Cherri queen of everything so she can fix the problem herself*

*offers up a selection of the Royal Chocolate in the meantime*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cherri Tart

ok, at least the PMs and posts work now - had to change browers to do it and i'm pretty much tired of this... *makes grumpy face*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Duchess

hmm ifyou have slow connection the SB dont work

Elliquiy: Error: Connection status: 0

Bliss

Sorsha was mentioning that she could not post to the SB unless she hit CapsLock before hitting enter.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Apple of Eris

Uhm... I just wanted to say that sometimes my shoutbox freezes up and I have to refresh to get it to work. Dunno if that's really a problem since I used to refresh all the time anyway.

And how in the world did Val get the last SB shout? I've never even seen her use it before! so unfair! :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

ok... SB seems to be working for me! *happy dance*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Vekseid

Well, the last sb shout I saved before I nuked it anyway.

Glad to know it's working for you Cherri, sorry about the difficulty : /

Cherri Tart

*hugs* not your fault i'm a tard, Veki! :D

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Haibane

I noticed that my screen loadings were getting laggy again with the new SB running (the one we had just after the server move was OK). Closing it I get a much better page load time, so for now I'll leave it switched off.

Vekseid

Quote from: Haibane on March 05, 2009, 05:09:32 AM
I noticed that my screen loadings were getting laggy again with the new SB running (the one we had just after the server move was OK). Closing it I get a much better page load time, so for now I'll leave it switched off.

How fast is your computer Haibane?

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on March 05, 2009, 05:55:22 AM
How fast is your computer Haibane?
From DxDiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/5/2009, 13:13:14
       Machine name: KTB1
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       System Model: AWRDACPI
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 1024MB RAM
          Page File: 397MB used, 2065MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0341&SUBSYS_081010B0&REV_A1
   Display Memory: 128.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7516 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/3/2008 04:46:00, 6108160 bytes

I have an 8Mb dial up connection and I *know* that has a poor contention ratio, I've been on the point of changing ISPs for some time.

Far eyes

Mine is a good chunk faster and I get the same, in the end just ended up closing the shout box since it was making any kind of comfortable browsing impossible. And leaving EQ up in the background isn’t really an option with it up.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Vekseid

8MB dialup? O_o

Should really not be very hard on your system, regardless. It does poll for an update once a second, might see about having an option to make it slower. Of course, if you have a lot of windows open it may not like that.

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on March 05, 2009, 09:58:28 AM
8MB dialup? O_o
That's quite common in the UK, broadband dial up, espcially in rural areas where fibreoptic cable companies haven't penetrated. I rarely have many windows open and even rarer is that I have things like iTunes running playlists or a gaming window open as well. I never watch anime/movies while surfing either. Other windows might include Windows Explorer, Word and PaintShopPro in image editing mode. That's about it. My AV scanner kicks in at a fixed time every 24hrs so I know it's not that.

It is no problem at all, I'm not a user of the SB generally so not having it is no loss to me. I just thought I'd mention it in case other people were experiencing similar effects.

DraconVentarii

I am quite stressed and frustrated at this seemingly worthless Shoutbox.

u_u

What good is a "box" that viciously persists in being non-functional?

Might someone help me fix it? Or should I bring this problem to the attention of an Admin?

I just...don't know what to do.

Greenthorn

Quote from: DraconVentarii on March 05, 2009, 10:23:11 AM

u_u

Might someone help me fix it? Or should I bring this problem to the attention of an Admin?

We just went through a huge update...be patient! :)

Bliss

u_u

What GreenT said.

*grin* But, as glitches come with big updates like this, we want to fix them... which is most easily done if you can give us specifics on what problems you're having with the new SB.

Is it not loading at all? Is it loading but not let you post to it? What browser are you trying to access it through?

More info is more good. :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Vekseid

u_u

A good description of the problem is half the solution.

Far eyes

Well I still get hooks while trying to type in it. So it will stop and then suddenly all the text will appear.

Another issue I am having is that the text bar appears sort of in the last, or first 3 lines basically covering the newest 2-3 lines of text

Trying to make a screen shot
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z204/Rdani82/box.jpg

A/A

DraconVentarii

Very well. o.o! Of course I must usher forth the problems I'm currently experiencing with the Shoutbox. ^_^;;

...When I type words and sentences in the Shoutbox and 'enter' them, they don't show up at all.

In fact, it's considerably fortunate if even the slightest 'period' reveals itself. >_<

With comprehension, I realize this problem could very well evaporate as time goes on due to this site's relocation; however, if it doesn't, what can be done to fix it?

As for what 'browser'... I don't know what that means for certain... x_x;; I merely have a computer with AOL, if that's what it is?

Thank you all for getting me to elaborate. n_n I look forward to further communication.

Bliss

For browser, I mean do you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, or some other program to go to websites?

A temporary fix that you might attempt - I know someone else wasn't able to post shouts just by hitting Enter, but she could if she hit Capslock and THEN Enter.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

Quote from: DraconVentarii on March 05, 2009, 02:05:27 PM
As for what 'browser'... I don't know what that means for certain... x_x;; I merely have a computer with AOL, if that's what it is?

Thank you all for getting me to elaborate. n_n I look forward to further communication.

AOL uses a proprietary browser based off of IE, unless they've changed it since I left.  Apparently, according to this thread, other people using the AOL built-in browser have had problems with the SB.   

In regards to Veks's suggestions on that thread, it's a simple matter to use any other browser with AOL, by merely making your connection, minimizing AOL and then launching the other browser from its own icon on your desktop (however, if you have broadband, you really don't need to launch AOL at all once you've connected to your broadband provider.)

Stattick

AoHell... the bane of 'net civilization.
O/O   A/A

DraconVentarii

^_^ Thanks, friends!

I began using Internet Explorer and this works perfectly. ^o^v

'AoHell' indeed. >.> xD

Again, thank you all.

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Stattick

Quote from: DraconVentarii on March 05, 2009, 02:39:02 PM
^_^ Thanks, friends!

I began using Internet Explorer and this works perfectly. ^o^v

'AoHell' indeed. >.> xD

Again, thank you all.

Ah, you kids these days, with your easy internet. I remember back when this all got started. There was AoHell, a couple of other ISP's with their own proprietary systems like ConfuseServe, and a bunch of ISPs that all went extinct. Back in those days, AoHell wouldn't let you browse with anything other then their broke ass browser that didn't even work right back then, and is still broke today. You had to pay for your internet time one minute at a time, and it would take sometime 20 minutes to load a single picture, and 20 minutes to re-load the page you clicked on the link from, and back then, they didn't have thumbnails because it was too bandwidth intensive, and a single night of browsing for porn might cost you dozens of dollars because of having to pay for each fraggin minute. A bad phone line or connection would bump you off the net, and AoHell would automatically close all your browser windows for you as a service.

You newbies with all your fancy talk and xml, and java and stuff, you have it too easy. Oh, and get off my lawn, get a job, and cut your hair. *shakes angry fist in the air*
O/O   A/A

Valerian

*escorts Stattick to a nice old folks' home... with only AOL service, to help with the reminiscing*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Oniya

Quote from: Stattick on March 05, 2009, 02:58:34 PM
Ah, you kids these days, with your easy internet. I remember back when this all got started. There was AoHell, a couple of other ISP's with their own proprietary systems like ConfuseServe, and a bunch of ISPs that all went extinct.

I have a Q-Link t-shirt.

Stattick

Remember when AoHell sent out two or three CD's a week for "free trial memberships"? Sometimes you'd get more then one in the mail on the same day. I knew guys that decorated whole walls with those discs.
O/O   A/A

Bliss

I collected them for a while, I loved having all sorts of different designs. The less interesting ones got obliterated in college during impromptu Hallway Frisbee matches. Those things did not stand up well against cement walls.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Greenthorn

Well...Prodigy rocked!

*runs*

Dawg

Quote from: Valerian on March 05, 2009, 03:06:18 PM
*escorts Stattick to a nice old folks' home... with only AOL service, to help with the reminiscing*

Hey watch it, I'll stand up for the young'n

Quote from: Stattick on March 05, 2009, 03:40:53 PM
Remember when AoHell sent out two or three CD's a week for "free trial memberships"? Sometimes you'd get more then one in the mail on the same day. I knew guys that decorated whole walls with those discs.

I used to use them as coasters ..... and make sun catcher mobiles ....
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Duchess

i have veyr slow connection at home ..so this version of  SB dont work  for me..*cries*

Vekseid

I'll see about making a 'slow' version... the thing is this should really not be using all that much bandwidth : /

Duchess

keeps telling me this: (15:40:19) Elliquiy: Error: Connection status: 0  when i try to post

Hunter

Quote from: Thaleia on March 05, 2009, 05:41:05 PM
keeps telling me this: (15:40:19) Elliquiy: Error: Connection status: 0  when i try to post

It LIKES you.   ;)  I did notice that it works like MIRC now.

Josietta

I am getting the same error as Thaleia, every couple minutes for the past 3 hours. It only happens to the shoutbox, everything else works fine.

I am using Firefox/3.0.5 on a Vista 32 bit OS.

I have cleared my cache and cookies as well as restarting my browser.

I'll wait again to see if it persists.

EDIT: Its been 20 mins now... so far so good. No errors.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Vekseid

Gah, fixed the dialup issue hopefully, sorry about that >_>

Josietta

It started doing the error again on my end.

I forgot to mention I am on High Speed/Cable connection.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Vekseid

I saw it to, though it seems to be fairly ignorable. Connection statuses besides zero are the problem.

Josietta

Quote from: Vekseid on March 06, 2009, 05:23:30 PM
I saw it to, though it seems to be fairly ignorable. Connection statuses besides zero are the problem.

*nods* gotcha boss! Its not as frequent as it was, so its not that big of a nuisance. Just informing as it comes.. *nod*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

WyldRanger

FYI...That's been happening occasionally for me as well.

Vekseid

0 basically means your computer was too impatient.

4xx means something could not be found or accessed... 403, 404, etc. Should never see this.
500 means something is up with the php call... you shouldn't see this except under extremely heavy load.
503 usually means I'm restarting the database.

Cherri Tart

eek! now the SB has just disappeared! lol - this is starting to get kind of funny, actually...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Vekseid

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 07, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
eek! now the SB has just disappeared! lol - this is starting to get kind of funny, actually...

It can blank from time to time, just start typing in the box. : )

Apple of Eris

Ooooh! *raises hand*

For me, the SB keeps like, freezing. For a bit it automagically shows new messages and then it just... stops. And I have to refresh the browser to see the messages. Not a big deal really, but kinda odd.

I have a high speed connection and I'm using uhm... IE 7.0.6001.18000

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Vekseid

That's rather common, you can get it to restart normally by typing int the box. It's actually a bit of a  feature else we'd be getting hammered hard >_>

Prefect Mos

Is this a situation that's, "We have a great new server, but its already time to start planning the next one?" cause if it is im cool with that, Im hoping that work picks up so I can donate money, Or since I work at MS and we throw good crap out all the time perhaps even find a server and rescue it from PC recycle (purchase from PCR) .

Vekseid

Quote from: AdmerWill on March 07, 2009, 07:33:14 PM
Is this a situation that's, "We have a great new server, but its already time to start planning the next one?" cause if it is im cool with that, Im hoping that work picks up so I can donate money, Or since I work at MS and we throw good crap out all the time perhaps even find a server and rescue it from PC recycle (purchase from PCR) .

...not unless someone is planning to donate several thousand dollars. I would appreciate that, to be sure >_>

But no, I plan on having this server last us quite awhile.

Apple of Eris

OOOOOH! OOOOH! PICK ME! PICK ME! I HAVE A QUESTION!

Eh... sorry.

So, how many character/lines of text can one enter into a singleShoutBox 'post'? I'm... curious :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Oniya

If a recent post by RandomBloke is any indication, 572 characters.

Vekseid

999 characters, but some symbols will take up more than one character.

Oniya

I guess RandomBloke got tired of holding down the 'o' key.   ;D