Bondage Adventure

Started by Talyn, February 17, 2013, 09:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talyn

Hello all, Talyn here. Newbie on the boards here, thought I'd try and gauge some interest in a d20 bondage game. I'll presently be doing GMing, though I'll be happy to teach anyone else who's interested, as I tend to like to be on the subbier sides of things.

More or less in this game the players face off against monsters and bad guys who attempt to subdue them in bondage, while the players try to beat up the enemies. GM role is for dominant-minded individuals, and subby for players. These games have only been so far run in chatrooms, where each game tends to run several hours. I thought it might be an interesting time to try it on a message board, especially with the rolling mechanic available on this one. Any interested players, please reply on this thread and I'll PM you the link to the wiki.

Siereis

I've RPed this sort of thing several times elsewhere and would love to at least show my interest in the idea.  I'd need more info for plot and stuff before I made a character though.

Talyn

Regarding the game, there isn't a persistent character development mechanic, it's more meant to be arcade-ish, with you just choosing your class before each game. I'll send you a link in a PM.

Siereis

Well I must say I like what I see on the wiki page.  Count me in nearly for sure!

I take it in terms of plot it will be something relatively 'normal'...I.E....quest to go retrieve item X in castle Y against monsters?

Talyn

There are several missions on the webpage, starting with battling bandits, and going so far as latex slave assembly lines, cursed rubber costumes, alien abductions, so forth. I'm always looking for more ideas and more help developing the game.

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Talyn

Hard to be more specific without getting too technical. Suffice that it involves players struggling against lots of bondage and trying to overcome monsters of various types. Toss me a PM for a link to the wiki. :)

Edit: Now added a link to the wiki as my profile website. Feel free to give it a browse.

Siereis

So first of all, I'm rather impressed by the wiki page...sounds like your 'group' or people designing this RP game really had a fun time at it...good detail and rules.

I've been thinking about what sort of character I'd like to play and already I like the 'Dark Mage'.  In anticipation of setting up a character here sooner or later, what sorts of details should one put down on a character sheet?  I can't express how excited I am about this RP...sorta exactly what I've been looking for recently.

AurelieCatena

Hello!

I would very much like to get the link to that Wiki. I might be interested to play too, depending on the scenario (I'm not into monsters, furries and the like...)

Talyn

My pleasure, miss Catena. The website link below my picture is set to the wiki right now, so feel free to browse and let me know what you think. :)

AurelieCatena

I have read the wiki and also the original "one-to-one" version. I must say I am very impressed. I really want to try this.

Some things are not completely clear to me, but I suppose it would all be solved by a first test.

Caehlim

Wow, I'm really impressed by all the design work you've put into this game. It looks amazing.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Talyn

It's a lot of fun, and I'm always interested in more players. I'll be starting up a roleplay for it at some point soon. I would like to get in touch with any interested players through PMs so I can make sure you understand the rules before we start up a thread to play the game in.

The game is also a WIP, so once you've played it a bit, I'll be happy to hear suggestions, and if you'd like to chip in and help, that'd always be appreciated.

AurelieCatena

After having tried it with Talyn, I want to be part of it.

I am applying to play the role of a Warrioress.

Max

I would be interested in something like this.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Marie Reynolds

Hmm this has my curiousity peaked would i be able to see the wiki link.

Caehlim

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 18, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
Hmm this has my curiousity peaked would i be able to see the wiki link.

Scroll up to Talyn's post. Look beneath his avatar where there's a variety of symbols and click on the little blue globe. It's a direct link to his wiki.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Datawych

Hmm... Sounds interesting, especially if all of the PCs (as it were) are submissive characters. Because then, even if they lose, they still kinda win. Considered me interested as well.

Talyn

Quote from: Datawych on February 18, 2013, 01:54:35 PM
Hmm... Sounds interesting, especially if all of the PCs (as it were) are submissive characters. Because then, even if they lose, they still kinda win. Considered me interested as well.

For a little background, this game is a follow-up to a PvP game called Bondage Arena. It was fun, but often ran into problems with doms and subs both wanting to play, and ending up on the wrong sides of victory in each case.

Part of the archetype I had in mind for this game was that the heroes would not use bondage attacks, but conventional ones, attacking the enemies to defeat them. That way if they win, they get to enjoy the game for winning. Meanwhile, the GM would be played by a dominant person who would be more interested in roleplaying binding up and forcing the players into submission, meaning that if the monsters win, everybody wins, and if not, well, everybody wins for having fun with the game anyway!

So, yes, pretty much, that's the idea. Subby players, dominant GMs. Either the team ends up squirming and the GM has their way with them in a nice fun game-over RP, or the players are victorious, and everyone gets the fun of having won the game. Much better than those awkward moments where a sub is staring at a tied-up dominant and going 'Well, now what?'

Marie Reynolds

So would there be times for just social interacting and celebrating victories between the encounters? Cause this does sound fun though i would like to have social part of the game. Also i heard you mention that you were looking at an arcade approach might be interesting if  for every encounter classes were randomly determined.

Talyn

Well, when I say arcade approach, I mean that there's not a persistent leveling system in the game or an in-depth stat system. You choose your class and go. And I'm certainly not against some RP between combats. Each mission is made of 3 or 4 fights, with little dice-roll challenges in between that can lead to good or bad outcomes, and may get advantages from certain classes.

If you have IMs or any chat systems you'd like to talk on, I'm quite open to discussion of the game system and ideas. :)

Datawych

Just did a trial-run of this system, and I have to say, it's super fun. xD

Talyn

Alright. So far I've done trial runs with three people, and those people will be my party members for my first attempt at playing this game in a forum. I'll edit this post with a link to the thread once I create it. Siereis, Aurelie, and Datawych, you'll be my guinea pigs, and I ask your patience with any difficulties we encounter. Each of you choose a class and PM me the details, so I can set things up. We'll start with Bandit Hunt, my easiest mission.

All the rest of you, I encourage you to watch, and if you're interested, contact me later. My real-time chats are always available if I'm online.

Siereis

1.  So I see that the number of feats that we can pick from is supposed to be listed at the top of each 'Mission' page.  However, the bandit one does not mention feats...so does that mean no bonus feats this go around?

http://adventure.arena.t15.org/Bandit_Hunt

2. Aside from feats, what sort of 'details' aside from class and race/gender/looks should we be PMing?  Or is that it?

Talyn

Feats are still somewhat experimental at the moment, I haven't found a good way to measure or implement them. They're liked, sure, but for now, I'm not going to include them. General character description would be good, though I'll leave most of that to you when we start up the thread.

PS: Already got a Priestess, so pick your class accordingly.