Dorne: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (Open Recruitment!)

Started by TreyWalker, October 27, 2022, 05:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clio

We need more men and/or non-binary characters! We also just need more characters period. Come on! It's fun!
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

TreyWalker

A Private Rendezvous thread has been created for one on ones for now. This can be any sort of encounter that is just one character speaking and dealing with another, and can include any NPC's that have been linked to those two characters. For any group interaction please do this in other threads.

Caela

Love me a GoT game! Will be reading up and thinking about a character but likely won't have anything up and ready til next week because I am in the final stretch of wedding planning and won't be free til then! :D

Clio

Quote from: Caela on October 31, 2022, 08:06:14 AM
Love me a GoT game! Will be reading up and thinking about a character but likely won't have anything up and ready til next week because I am in the final stretch of wedding planning and won't be free til then! :D

Congrats on the planning!

Caela

Thank you! After Saturday it will allllllllllll be done and official...and I can relax again. lol

TreyWalker

Quote from: Caela on October 31, 2022, 08:06:14 AM

Oooooh I'm excited. I've always love your face claim picks, and was a fan of some of your characters on Elysium.

Issue is now I've got to wait. But hope the planning goes well and smoothly.

TreyWalker

Small update to the story so far. With the way the game is going we should have some more very soon too. Hopefully the update post can help those that are jumping in after the start of the game.

WaitingCynicism

Quote from: Clio on October 30, 2022, 03:56:37 PM
We need more men and/or non-binary characters! We also just need more characters period. Come on! It's fun!

Nice! I might have a couple of wanted roles for my WIP squire, but I'll keep brainstorming ideas for him in the meantime.

Clio

Quote from: WaitingCynicism on November 03, 2022, 07:13:06 PM
Nice! I might have a couple of wanted roles for my WIP squire, but I'll keep brainstorming ideas for him in the meantime.

Can't wait!

TreyWalker

GnothiSeauton

Tentatively interested here.

I have a character in mind.  Just need to tinker a bit with him and his background to fit with the current timeline.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Stella

Clio

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 07, 2022, 07:25:55 PM
Tentatively interested here.

I have a character in mind.  Just need to tinker a bit with him and his background to fit with the current timeline.

YES! Please join Gnothi!

TreyWalker

The lovely Lady Selyse Toland played by Caela has been added to the characters sheet. Looks like a fantastic edition.

I'll update the So far post most likely tomorrow when I don't owe posts.

Praxis

Hi there.

Are you guys still recruiting and if so, is there anything/anyone you're seeking in particular?

Cheers.

Clio

Quote from: Praxis on November 14, 2022, 03:54:07 PM
Hi there.

Are you guys still recruiting and if so, is there anything/anyone you're seeking in particular?

Cheers.

We are! I think we still need more men or NB, but the balance is honestly pretty good right now. What kind of character were you thinking about?

Praxis

Quote from: Clio on November 14, 2022, 04:03:39 PM
We are! I think we still need more men or NB, but the balance is honestly pretty good right now. What kind of character were you thinking about?

Lovely.

How do you feel about modifying things a smidge...so as when Myrcella is sent to Dorne in the company of Ser Arys Oakheart, it is not just one member of the Kingsguard but two sent.  The second being my character who is younger in comparison to Ser Oakheart and less experienced in the ways of courtly politics, when Ser Arys returns to King's Landing and be present for the protection of King Tommen, it is my chap who stays behind to keep an eye on things and do his best to navigate the swirling churn of courtly life in Sunspear.

Would that work?

Cheers.

TreyWalker

Hey Praxis, thanks for showing interest in the game. Really would be great for you to join, and a Kingsguard I'm sure will be a great character to play.

So there's a couple of options of how you can play it in the current timeline from the books.

Ser Oakheart is dead in the timeline. He has been replaced by Robert Strong (who might be a reanimated Gregor Clegane).

Your character could be a replacement for Ser Osmund Kettleblack, who has been imprisoned by Kevan Lannister.

Ser Balon Swann is currently in Dorne, so your character could be with Ser Balon Swann, or be his replacement storyline wise.

Hope that makes sense, and story wise I can explain it to you in more detail if you wish.

Also Daenarys has her own Queensguard, so something could be figured out there. Or Aegon Targaryen has his Kingsguard, which has a Lord Commander slot open amongst six free slots.

Up to you of course.

Praxis

Quote from: TreyWalker on November 14, 2022, 05:09:52 PM
Hey Praxis, thanks for showing interest in the game. Really would be great for you to join, and a Kingsguard I'm sure will be a great character to play.

So there's a couple of options of how you can play it in the current timeline from the books.

Ser Oakheart is dead in the timeline. He has been replaced by Robert Strong (who might be a reanimated Gregor Clegane).

Your character could be a replacement for Ser Osmund Kettleblack, who has been imprisoned by Kevan Lannister.

Ser Balon Swann is currently in Dorne, so your character could be with Ser Balon Swann, or be his replacement storyline wise.

Hope that makes sense, and story wise I can explain it to you in more detail if you wish.

Also Daenarys has her own Queensguard, so something could be figured out there. Or Aegon Targaryen has his Kingsguard, which has a Lord Commander slot open amongst six free slots.

Up to you of course.

Loads of great detail.  Thanks so much.

So...I am happy to pick from those options.  They all sound great.

The idea of being Queensguard for Daenarys kindof hit me out of nowhere but that sounds pretty appealing to me and I think it would be my first choice. Being one of a few thousand people that absolutely adore her would be right up my alley as the whole "admiring from afar" angle is one of my super powers.

Is that alright with you guys if I make someone that is one of the Queensguard?

Is Ser Barriston Selmey still part of the picture?  Could I have my character tag along with Ser Barriston and learn from him before giving their blades and lives over to Daenarys?

TreyWalker

I'm happy for you to be a Queensguard.

If you want to be interacting with the cast so far, it's all centralized arond Dorne and Sunspear at the moment. When/If we get more characters we can spread out a bit I potentially but the story so far is in Dorne.

For the character to have interacted and learned from Ser Barristan Selmy is fine. I'd say he to intergrate your character with the rest of ours, it would be best if he learned from Ser Barristan in his backstory, to the point where he was knighted and named in Daenarys Queensguard. Then perhaps your character is sent to Dorne by Ser Barristan who is currently running Daenarys kingdom as her Hand. He can bring the unfortunate news of Quentyn Martells death to Dorne.

Let me know what you think.

Praxis

Quote from: TreyWalker on November 15, 2022, 04:08:47 AM
I'm happy for you to be a Queensguard.

If you want to be interacting with the cast so far, it's all centralized arond Dorne and Sunspear at the moment. When/If we get more characters we can spread out a bit I potentially but the story so far is in Dorne.

For the character to have interacted and learned from Ser Barristan Selmy is fine. I'd say he to intergrate your character with the rest of ours, it would be best if he learned from Ser Barristan in his backstory, to the point where he was knighted and named in Daenarys Queensguard. Then perhaps your character is sent to Dorne by Ser Barristan who is currently running Daenarys kingdom as her Hand. He can bring the unfortunate news of Quentyn Martells death to Dorne.

Let me know what you think.

I'm in!

Where do I enlist?

:)

TreyWalker

So fill in a character sheet from the first page, and PM it to me for approval. Once approved and character sheet is posted by me, I'll invite you to the Discord and your free to start plotting and writing.

TreyWalker

Andronica

I'll keep my eye on this. My knowledge of ASoIaF is pretty barebones having only seen series 1-7 but I may be able to write up a decent character after some research.

Trey, are there any particular roles you're looking to fill at the moment?

TreyWalker

Quote from: Andronica on December 06, 2022, 12:51:40 PM
I'll keep my eye on this. My knowledge of ASoIaF is pretty barebones having only seen series 1-7 but I may be able to write up a decent character after some research.

Trey, are there any particular roles you're looking to fill at the moment?

Hey Andronica,

Super excited to see your interested. At the moment we don't really need anything specific. If you want ties to characters already in the game, then anyone from up north would have some links, the Dornish of course would know each other to some extent and then also we have a few seafaring characters too.

If you want to hit me up in PM's we can discuss in more detail.