Babylon 5 2nd Edition RPG - Station Based Everyman Game?

Started by RubySlippers, January 14, 2013, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

ebpohmr

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 04, 2013, 11:22:53 PM
Yay! Looking forward to this one.  ;D

Me too! I've just been procrastinating about it and if I let myself do that it will never launch. So I'm going to get the game running, make sure the initial characters have enough to keep busy with for a while and then worry about introducing the metaplot, major npc's and extra player characters. Always better to improve a game in motion!

As it currently stands, there will be no overarching plot except that of Season 1. You can safely assume that the game will start amidst the developments of 'Midnight on the Firing Line'. Namely that raiders have been attacking near the station and that things have become tense on B5 following the confrontation between Londo and G'Kar over the Narn attack on Ragesh 3. The idea is that your characters are those 'extras' often seen in the series' backgrounds, or mentioned in passing. 'Someone reliable has passed me information...' etc. So you are still heroes, just not the Big Damn Heroes we meet in the tv show.

Anyone wanting in, let me know what you are interested in playing so I can ensure there is stuff to keep you entertained! Unless you want to be existing friends/relatives/contacts etc, I imagine that you will all start off doing individual things that will probably start to collide soon enough. If you have any questions, let me know and if the character concept you really want to play needs a higher starting level than first, let me know and I'll see what I can sort out for you!

The OOC thread for the game is located here.

RubySlippers

Except one commercial telepath has competition.  :D

Marie Reynolds

A mimbari priest possibly a telepath  to be built to be a Ranger Chaplain.  Just to be clear we are still going level 1.

ebpohmr

RubySlippers

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 05, 2013, 12:34:13 PM
A mimbari priest possibly a telepath  to be built to be a Ranger Chaplain.  Just to be clear we are still going level 1.

Minbari have priests I thought they didn't worship dieties.  ;)

just kidding

Muse

Hiya.  :) 

Am I too late?  if not... 

Are we using dice or point buy? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Point buy. Roll where needed naturally like if your a telepath for P-Rating. Hope we don't get to many of those however.

ebpohmr

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 05, 2013, 05:06:22 PM
Point buy. Roll where needed naturally like if your a telepath for P-Rating. Hope we don't get to many of those however.

Yup, what she said! Welcome Muse!

RubySlippers

RubySlippers

Rangers are fun, and I can use one when my character wants to liberate her people from slavery. But you could take  the Telepath as a feat you don't need the class to be one.

Marie Reynolds

Though I do not see where there are any bonus feats until third level so i would not be able to get that feat.

RubySlippers

Okay the GM said we are going to start IC today, so hope that is going to happen. I bookmarked this thread for links and all.

ebpohmr

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 11, 2013, 03:13:10 PM
Okay the GM said we are going to start IC today, so hope that is going to happen. I bookmarked this thread for links and all.

Okay, I'm behind schedule. Blame it on the hospital not letting my grandmother out yet and a wicked backlash from insomnia (i slept for 40 hours between friday and monday evenings and felt exhausted even when awake). Remember to post your finalised character sheets over in the OOC Thread. I'll be linking the IC thread there.

RubySlippers

ebpohmr

Quote from: ebpohmr on February 12, 2013, 02:41:00 AM
Remember to post your finalised character sheets over in the OOC Thread.

*points out that this isn't the OOC thread, which was clearly linked in my previous post*

RubySlippers

No it isn't it was imbedded. A clear link would have been http:// etch in a long line under it with OCC THREAD before it.